Can We Knock Sting for Not Going to the WWE?

I have to say no but my biggest reason for saying no is simply that he's not done yet with wrestling, there is still a chance he can and might go to WWE. I'm sure that some day they will put Sting in the WWE Hall of Fame. Yes Sting might have missed some if the great matches he could have had with The Rock, Triple H, Stone Cold Steve Austin but think of some of the matches he could still have. WrestleMania Main even with The Undertaker, Im sure if the time is right Sting will grace the Show of Shows. Bound For Glory and Slamaversey might be the TNA version of WrestleMania but lets be honest. It's no where near what WWE does every year. Sting has made a name for himself and is an Icon of wrestling but he is not THE icon. He is up there with Hulk Hogan, Shawn Michaels and Rick Flair but Sting is not over any of these men. Sting might have thought against going to WWE when WCW went under but I think had he gone there his carrer might have hit a milestone that only comes with working with WWE. In the end I think Sting would have been shown the respect he has earned over the years.

I think at this point it's safe to say that WWE is more interested in Sting's legacy, than in the actual wrestler. They can produce DVDs, and documentaries, and web shows and lists, and this and that--all praising Sting's legacy...but at the end of the day everyone knows that the living, breathing person and character of Sting would be misused and mistreated from day one in the present-day WWE.

And Sting knows this....they can butter him up on the web or in documentaries, but he knows his character and track record would suffer ultimately, once you get past the initial hoopla. Sure, I, like any wrestling fan, would love to see him take on Undertaker at Wrestlemania....the build up would be tremendous. But after that...then what would he do? He would most likely fade into obscurity or come out to put over John Cena in a promo like many legends already have...and that sickens me to think about Sting buttering up Cena.

And yeah, he would eventually get inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame, after having a cup of coffee in the WWE--but having an enormous and distinguished legacy in other organizations before it...kinda doesn't make sense, unless they are after his legacy and nothing else...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back