Can the WWE trust Roman Reigns?

Olan

Getting Noticed By Management
This is not an anti-Roman post. Nor is this about Roman the wrestler. This is about a simple question: can the WWE trust Roman to be their next champion? Heavy spec says Roman will win the EC and go on to WRESTLEMANIA to face and defeat Lesnar to become UNIVERSAL CHAMPION. With the accusations facing Roman now about steroid use, should the WWE rethink their plan? Roman is 100% innocent until proven guilty absolutely. I hope he is innocent myself. But what if he isn't? What if after WM it is proven Roman is guilty (again hoping he is innocent). Imagine the outcry if the WWE, a publically owened company, champ "is dirty". Should the WWE take the chance and trust Roman is innocent? Or should they reconsider and go a different path?

Isn't it a complete non-issue? It was a fairly small news story a few weeks ago, unless I missed something.

Yeah. How late is this thread. I’d even argue that since absolutely nothing has come of this story since it “broke” that in itself is a clue that this is a total non story anymore.

The subject of Reigns' being accused of purchasing steroids was brought up at least a month ago and talk of it quickly died out. Reigns himself took to Twitter and said that the allegations are false and that he's eleven drug tests since his failed one of a few years back and he's passed them all. As far as the test that he did fail, he didn't test positive for steroids but for Adderall.

There haven't been any recent developments since this story came out regarding Reigns beyond the initial allegations so either or the internet would've blown up. This doesn't mean that Reigns has been cleared by the police conducting the investigation, they could merely be keeping details of said investigation quiet, which is what they're supposed to do, but there's no telling how long it'll take before it's concluded. As of right now, they're just allegations and if Reigns has taken and passed drug tests since they came out, then I see no reason why Vince would alter his plans; if Braun Strowman being the most over talent on the Raw roster isn't enough to warrant sticking him in the match against Lesnar, then I doubt unproven allegations against Reigns are going to derail his push at this time.

The reason I posted is the accuser is talking again and promising proof. I just thought with WM season upon us it would be worth a reexamining

Regardless of this issue if I were WWE I would have Stroman take the Title off of Lesnar at Mania to finish their storyline. Maybe a little humbling of the Reigns character is in order here. Could have him face Cena in a #1 contender's match at mania. Have Cena win and then you could slow build Reigns back up to setup the big Summerslam Main Event of Stroman vs. Reigns this year. But with Reigns/Lesnar and Cena/Taker looking like locks it's extremely unlikely for this to happen.

The video was just release which was suppose to be this be reveal about reigns and steroid use and just like I thought, it was just a bunch of nothing. He names a ton of wrestlers without even knowing how to write their name. Never really mention Roman by name because supposedly, reigns would use a a alias to buy steroid which he admit in the movie he couldn't prove what he was claiming. So in the end, it was just somebody trying to make a name for himself by making a molehill out of nothing since he had nothing to bring to the table in the first place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back