Can the Cougar Get Ziggler Over ?

Vickie/Ziggler good or bad idea

• Good

• Bad

Results are only viewable after voting.

VencomHardcore

Pre-Show Stalwart
I was watching Smackdown and noticed the Vicky Segment with Ziggler. IMO it was shocking, funny and a great way of re-branding vicky into the " Cougar ".. Even the LayCool Segment was used in part to get Vicky over but indirectly a rub to Dolph.

In the past, Ziggler didn't really has some feuds but was still lost on Smackdown. I was impressed by his debut match against Batista when he entered WWE and thought he may get a push but creative has seemed to keep him somewhere near the bottom of the roster.

I believe Vicky will help get Dolph over in the same fashion IMO Edge helped Vicky make a mark as a heel manager.

Do you think this is a great move on the behalf of creative to move Dolph up the Ranks ? We saw some new energy from him after the match which shows that he could be a potential go to heel.

I think Vickie may very well be able to get him over, at least push him championship wise, it worked very well for Edge, even though he was very over already as a heel back then, I still think that Dolph Zigglers career could work wonders if he's paired with Vickie Guerrero in a manager / relationship kind of way.

Even though it's shown that Eric Escobar didn't have the same success as Edge, I still do think although it could work with Dolph Ziggler, because Dolph has already somewhat established himself, he gets heat, and people know who he is (or he makes you know his name..) and therefore I think he could function better.

Hell even Escobar actually got over with Vickie, but in the manner of the name bashing.

So yes I'd say it's possible he could get over with Vickie.

Well, thats becuase Eric Escobar was shit, lets get this straight.

Zigs is over, fair enough for a mid carder. I think they are just trying to put the finishing touches on his heat, to be the guy who takes the IC title off of Kofi. You can tell by whom they pair him with, Christian to make him look good in matches, and heat magnets in Vicki and Swaggle. This will be Ziggies best chance. He was unfairly saddled with guys who couldnt get heat if you gave them a gallon of gasoline and a fucking flame thrower (Kahli, Morrison) last year, so this year, it appears they are taking it all the way with him. Weird, given the dire lack of face talent on SD.

He was feuding with Rey Mysterio last year too NorCal. I'm fairly sure that he is someone that you get heat for beating up.

But combining Vickie with Ziggler is a very good idea. He's great in the ring, can cut a promo, has a character/gimmick, and has a unique look. She's the most over heel in the company bar none. Putting the tallented upandcomer with the insanely over heel manager will get him more heat and more success. Good thinking on the WWE's part here. If Vickie G does some booking for Ziggles on the side (like she's doing for Lay-Cool), he'll get well up the card (since dasterdly heel + heelish actions + eew factor = more heat).

He was feuding with Rey Mysterio last year too NorCal. I'm fairly sure that he is someone that you get heat for beating up.

Not sure why its your mission in life to nit pick my posts in an attempt to fuck with me, but uhhh yea, he did fight Mysterio, but on fantastic matches with him, and WAS getting plenty of heat....

Until Mysterio refused to drop the title to him. Backstage I mean. Way to leave that part out. So only a fool would try to couple that along with his feuds with two abyss' of heat and say he was given the kind of shot he is being given now.

Escobar was terrible the only reason he got any kind of reaction besides people yawning/slitting their wrists when he was in the ring was because vickie was with him. Vickie can get dolph over tho. Dolphs a talented guy to begin with combine that with the fact that they're pairing him with vickie and having him fight hornswaggle and christian. O yea hes gonna draw major heat. Maybe he can finally get the title run he should have gotten almost a year ago

Well, I suppose she might. I can't exactly tell at the moment, but I do think Christian can get the job done, he's skilled at putting people over. But I am concerned about the fact hes being in matches with Hornswoggle, and with Christian associating with Hornswoggle, because when you think about it, it isn't gonna help either Christian's or Dolph's careers.

I've always been a fan of Ziggler's, and I think this a great move. Vickie is like a machine when it comes to getting heat, and she can help get Dolph over big time. I hope this works out better than Vickie and Escobar, but then again, as NorCal already said, Escobar was shit.

Ziggler has a great look, and he plays the "young punk" heel role very well. I hope this means Dolph will get another chance at the IC title again some where down the line, and maybe this time he could actually win the damn thing. As of right now, the relationship between Vickie and Dolph seems to be driven by this lust from "the cougar" Vickie Guerrero. I'm anxious to see where this whole thing will go, and I hope WWE doesn't decide to pull the plug on this too early. Also, please don't involve Hornswoggle in any more of Dolph's feuds or matches......just don't do it WWE.

The thing that is different about Dolph and Escobar, is the fact that people know who he is. I mean, I knew who Escobar, but half of the fans didn't, so they didnt know how to react, or what to think of him. With Ziggler, he has legit heat, people hate him. The Cougar can definitely get more heat for Ziggler, and it is going to work well.

If they use this pairing the right way, Vickie can be a great help to pushing Dolph into legitimacy. I'd rather not see another "he's my boytoy so I'm going to help him as long as he's servicing my needs" storyline. But then, I guess there's not much else you can do with her, since they're pushing her as the COUGAR now.

It just seems re-hashed, first Edge, then Escobar, and now Ziggler. Is sleeping with Vickie the only way you can become a success in WWE anymore?

I'd rather see him come to her aid, and become her protector backstage or something and out of gratitude, she assists in getting him pushed to the title picture. I really REALLY don't want to see it played out with Mr. Ziggles boinking Ms. Guerrero. Blech

i think if done correctly, vickie can leade Ziggler to his first intercontinental championship...i don't think he should be pushed straight to the top, because there are a lot of guys there ATM...but this could very well work for ZIGGLER...maybe this Summer Slam he can win the IC title...i think he is long overdue a title reign..

Dolph Ziggler is one of the best things on Smackdown at the moment. He has the look, ability and gimmick to succeed. He gets a fair amount of heat considering what he has done. If WWE want to get him very over as a heel then they have to look no further than Vickie Guerreo.
She gets ridiculous amounts of heat so even being associated with her can help anyone be hated. I personally thought that Jack Swagger was going to be paired with her after his WHC win, with that backstage segment between them. On reflection Swagger doesn't need her. But Ziggler does need a manager of sorts.
This pairing is so weird, so off-beat, that it works very well. I'm expecting big things, including an IC title run.

I seem to be the only one tired of this angle. It was rammed into the ground with Edge, they tried it with that guy for like two episodes, now it's happening with Mr. Ziggles. I don't want to see this angle again. Mr. Ziggles should gather his own heat. I still remember him as one of those silly Cheer Team boys. I can't take him seriously, especially with his garbage finishers.
Plus, it's atrocious to think of Vickie in a sexual manner by stating the fact that she's a "Couger". Plus, it puts my car to shame to see it's name around her neck on a necklace. *shutters in disgust*

As long as Dolph isn't banging Guerrero (throwing up as I type this), I'll be fine with her by his side. Ziggler can tease her and trick her into helping push him to the top, but that's all we should have to see or suffer from in that respect. Everyone knows who Dolph is and he had a great run last summer, even though he didn't with the Intercontinental Championship. The lack of faces, or competition for that matter, might hurt him a bit, but since Vickie can just walk in and become the most hated person in the WWE it seems, that should really make Dolph's next push look better.

I like it, and hopefully Dolph can win some gold this time around.

I haven't seen Vickie have a strictly professional relationship with her male counterpart yet and it would be interesting. She could try to seduce her partners to get what she wants but just no making out backstage as we had seen enough of that with Edge and Escobar. The promo cut last Friday with Ziggler was done well and a partnership with Vickie would defintiely do wonders for Ziggler who already has lots of the skills to pay the bills (in ring ability, promo cutting), but just needs the heat to put him over the top.

One thing I do wonder though is why does Dolph Ziggler go from Maria to Vickie? Kinda seems like a step down in some ways don't you think?

The way I see it, Dolph should have gotten a huge push a year ago. This guy just has "It"; he is good on the mic, great in the ring, generates heat and has a unique look. I think it is a great pairing because if anyone can get someone over heel wise, its Vickie.

But there is a problem, Dolph is about 20 years younger than her so how far could they really go? They are teasing the whole relationship thing but they wouldn't be able to do the whole Edge-Vickie kind of thing. Edge isn't that much younger than Vickie so it was fine for them to make out (even though it was disgusting) and do those over-the-top honeymoon segements. I'm not sure they would go even near those boundaries with Vickie and Dolph, so we'll have to see how much it limits them.

The past few weeks it seems that Vickie Guerrero has taken a liking to Dolph Ziggler, am i the only one who believes this is unnessecary? Ziggler can already generate plenty of heat on his own, he doesnt need the heat magnet herself to help him, not to mention the fact that Vickie has already done this and it was stupid, not to mention the other fact that her husband was Eddie Guerrero who (as you all know) passed away a few years back, isnt that, i dunno, immoral and stupid to put her in these relationships with other wrestlers? I know its just a wrestling angle but come one, anyway give me your thoughts on this pairing, good? bad? immoral? completely unnecessary and stupid?

I would say its a good thing if there taking him the right way.
Vickie pushed Edge a lot, but I'm not seeing the same thing with Ziggler.
Vickie needs to go the right path with Ziggler, like she did with Edge.

I'm perfectly fine with Dolph Ziggler getting a little cheap heat by taking advantage of the position Vickie Guerrero is in.

I think it could push Dolph to a position he truly deserves, because he does deserve more than he's been getting as of late, I like Dolph a lot, and I had really hoped he had become Intercontinental champion back when he was feuding for it.

Yes I think the storyline is a good idea, it gets Dolph over, even if he's doing decently by himself, I still think this could help him more firmly, something which he truly needs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back