• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Can A Secondary Finisher Work For Mark Henry?

Jtrivera

Occasional Pre-Show
I'm talking about a secondary finisher like a submission finisher. My first thought when I saw him was a bear hug, those huge arms wrapped around anyone would hurt, kinda like when Lesnar wrapped the bear hug around hogan, can it work?

I was thinking about that the other day. I could so see him using the torture rack. Think about it he's the world strongest man, like your bear hug he has the arm strength to make it work well. Opps just saw Smackdown and saw bid zeke us the rack, ok ill agree on the bear hug. I forgot he used that move.

I believe in WWF No Mercy on the N64 one of his finishers was a bear hug. Maybe it wasn't No Mercy but one of the old WWF games. Regardless though. I wouldn't be against him getting a submission finisher.

I think it would fit him more as a main finisher than his "Strongest Slam". The Slam could be his secondary, and a Bear Hug as his first.

He actually had the bear hug as his secondary finisher years ago. Don't know why he stopped using it. I remember him taking Kane out with it once. I would love to see him use it again.

I think it would work great for him. The first thing that popped into my head it Khali and the Vice Grip as his secondary/main finisher and the Brain Chop as his secondary/main finisher (He uses both of them equally). A bear hug would make him much more credible in my mind, and would make him seem even more dominant.

Of course he can, but I was thinking about something different than "Bear Hug" he already used it and I'm sure that if he is put on a long and over feud he will end up using it.

I think he could add some kind of Clothesline or maybe the Spear, but call it other thing.
Or maybe using Tiger Bomb, it could look badass on him, he would need to be a little bit more fast in the arms, but he could do it.

[YOUTUBE]BWGty7sy8l8&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

I do think a bear hug could work for him. A bear hug makes any person look like he's dominant in my opinion and as Henry is being booked as a dominant heel it could help his character. He did use the bear hug before so it's not like it's out of nowhere. If he does start using the bear hug he should have it as his number one move as it looks more powerful than the WSS.

I was gonna come in here and say that the full nelson would be another good submission for him as well, but seeing as he has a history with the bear hug, I think it's settled.

Mark Henry SHOULD return to using the bear hug as his submission maneuver. :p

He used to use the big splash as his secondary finisher a while back. Hell he won the ECW title with that move. It is a pretty boring/generic finisher though and I do agree that some type of submission like a bear hug would fit him really well.

its not a horrible idea as long as they dont over use it...when big show was teaming with chris jericho (which was a great team imo) he used a camel clutch and it worked out good because it wasnt over used and it worked for him i know everybody is saying let mark henry use a bear hug and while thats a good idea i personally never liked the bear hug submission hold personally i would give him the camel clutch for a submission finisher i like when big guys use this move and maybe it could even help him get into the world heavy weight title picture? although this depends on if he beats sheamus sunday because if sheamus wins it ruins the push henry is getting

Bear hugs are a bit boring. Mark Henry does this splash occasionally I believe this should be his secondary finisher or even his setup to the World's Strongest Slam.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back