Can 15 Minutes of Fame bring back his fame?

GLOBAL ICON

I <3 Wrestling and Soccer
I'm referring to John Morrison.

Yesterday, I was reading Jo's WikiPedia article and I saw the 15 Mins of Fame part. That got me thinking. He's going to win the match against Sheamus at TLC and then lose to Miz whenever he faces him. After that, he'll be a little more credible but nothing more than that.

The WWE is planning to turn JoMo heel (sorry can't get the report). So here's what:

After turning heel, JoMo can bring back the 15 Minutes of Fame. This will not only help improve his mic skills but will also give him some more time on T.V and he'll become respectable. That's what I think.

But the question here is what you think. So... what do you think? Will the 15 Minutes of Fame help JoMo get back his fame??

He's already been getting some pretty solid reactions lately since feuding with Sheamus. A good feud can do wonders. His mic skills aren't good, or even average for that matter, but he's damn good in the ring and that's enough. It's enough because as a heel in a feud with a face that can talk good on the mic, he won't have to say too much to piss off fans. Just the typical ripping on the city they're in that night, maybe interfere and screw someone people love, etc.

to me, this is another example of a guy who tries too hard to be funny out there. he is a heck of an athlete and fun to watch perform. his strengths are innovative wrestling, so make that his gimmick. don't give the guy a mic, give the guy a manager. if you turn him heel, put him back with melina. or someone who can speak. don't give him 10 mins in the ring with a mic. give him 30 seconds and then a 9 min match. i'd much rather see that.

John Morrison as a heel worked fine. He was just like MVP. As heels they were fine and their strengths showed but since WWE is too stupid, they turned them face and fixed what wasn't broken. As faces they flat out sucked. Cocky heels should remain cocky heels. Can you imagine Alberto Del Rio turning into a face with his character? That would flat out ruin him and that is what they did with Morrison. Morrison's character is meant to be a heel imo. There is nothing about him that would make guys want to cheer him. Let him be heel again and call himself the Monday Night delite and the shaman of sexy. That is what had him over and once he started doing that and kissing babies, it all went downhill. The big issue here is that he may be too damaged at this point to reverse anything. He's lost his uumph since turning face and I'm not sure if he can get it back so I'm not even sure if any 15 min. of fame can do anything for him past this point.

If they are keeping Morrison face then let him get a little cocky and brash. It can still work as a face(HBK lol). Morrison's in ring skills are amazing and he can carry lots of matches, but the material they have him working with on the mic isn't working. He needs something fresh and since we don't have a lot of RAW faces he needs a chance to spice it up if he is to be given a chance as a real main eventer. He has the chance to be a major face if done right rather than a mid card with no future.

If, and I'm saying if, WWE changes Morrison to heel then yes bring back the 15-minutes of fame. It would work better though if he had a title to defend, the US or WWE, and if they flip him to SD then the IC would work too. I also heard that WWE is considering making Malina heel. If both of this is true then have Malina be Morrison valet. WWE did expose them as being a couple a few weeks ago on raw when Malina slapped Morrison's ass.

John diserves what he's getting right now. He's in the midcard but going up, Sheamus is deffinatly a top tier star in the Wwe but they don't have a good storyline for him atm. John is quick, strong, Athletic, he has it all. Thats what the Wwe needs in a good champ right now. I'm not really sure how they should use him as a heel, they've allredy used the Jim aspect of his charicter. Maybe have him pushed up aganst the Miz because they we're old partners? The push that The Miz got and John didn't. Its all kind of foggy right now with him going in as a heel soon, because I don't really see him fitting into the main event anyware.

A few good feuds can work wonders for a wrestler's career. John Morrison had a brief little feud with Chris Jericho several months ago that was the catalyst for his current push. Even though he only had a few matches against Jericho, they were very good matches and Morrison came out looking like a star.

Now, Morrison has been feuding with Sheamus for a while and has also looked damn good. He's had some great matches against Ronald...uhhh Sheamus and looks more like a star now than he has in years. If he does go on to win the ladder match against Sheamus this Sunday to feud with The Miz for the WWE Championship, I have little doubt that it'll also be a highly entertaining feud. Even if Morrison does come up on the short end of the stick against The Miz this time around, it will have been the third really good feud in a row for JoMo and his stock would probably be at an all time high.

As a character, John Morrison is a much better heel than a face. During his days as a heel, he was actually pretty decent on the mic and just seemed to have an overall better presence. If things go down for JoMo the way that they're looking, at least right now, then I'd say he'll have finally gotten over that hurdle that's he just hasn't been able to clear so that he can go to the next level.

What made Miz and Morrison so golden was that The Miz could talk and Morrison could walk. What I mean by that is The Miz can handle the mic with the best of them and Morrison could pull of moves that The Miz couldn&#8217;t. They were an amazing combo! But when Morrison had the mic he could attract heat and the crowd gave him a reaction. Unfortunately now when babyface Morrison takes the mic the reaction he receives don&#8217;t even compare to what he got as a heel. Its only smart business to turn him back into a heel.

Ive always been one that's felt a few good feuds can make someone a star, rather then a gimmick of a challenge. Morrison has already had the starting point in his feud with Chris Jericho from a few months ago that began his return to relevancy. He only had two single's matches with Jeriho, and ultimately lost the feud, but looked like a star in the process.

Morrison the moved on to former WWE Champion Sheamus, which actually began during their falls count anywhere match on Raw. He looked like a star in that match, and has once again looked like a star during his two recent matches with Sheamus. They were probably his best matches since he was on Smackdown and having excellent matches each week. His ladder match on Sunday with Sheamus has all the appearances of being built toward making Morrison look like a star even more. Obviously winning that match, and subsequently that feud would be the real springboard. Assuming he wins the ladder match, he would likely move on to a feud with the Miz, which would be both high profile and entertaining. I don't think he'ld win here, but he'ld have 3 feuds in a row that would elevate his stock more then it has ever been.

Is Morrison more suited to be a heel then a face? Possibly. His gimmick screams of being a heel. I always enjoyed his mic work as a heel and felt that he came across as much more real during that time then he does now on the mic. Both his presence and overall clarity seemed focused and rarely felt forced. I think that if things play out now with him defeating Sheaus and losing to Miz, he'll still be far more ahead then he was before. He doesnt need a heel turn, or a 15 minutes of fame challenge to push Morrison to stardom. Just a few good feuds.

Im not for sure if the wwe is trying to turn him heel. I think having him face the miz and losing will show that he is ready to wrestle with the big guys and he will join the hunt for the WWE championship.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back