Bully Ray & Devon Leaving TNA?

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
It looks as though the company MIGHT be losing two more high profile stars due to contract negotiations falling through.

On the main page, there's a report saying that the contracts of Bully Ray & Devon are set to expire in 4 or 5 weeks. The report states that TNA & the two are in the middle of trying to reach a new deal but there's been no substantial movement by either side towards signing another deal.

Losing Bully Ray would be a blow to TNA because he's so damn entertaining to listen to. When it comes to mic work, Bully Ray is probably the top heel in TNA right now. Off and on, TNA has teased Ray being a fixture within the main event and title picture.

As for Devon, I don't really see it as a huge loss. Devon's done better than I thought he would as a singles wrestler but, in the grand scheme of things, he's largely irrelevant and I don't see him going any further than his current spot in the company.

Ray & Devon are both well known and would probably have little trouble signing with just about anybody whether it be New Japan, ROH, WWE, etc.

This comes down to the same point I made in another thread about Velvet Sky. Would losing Devon and Bully Ray be a significant loss to TNA at this point in time? Probably not. But if they lose Devon. And Bully Ray. And Angelina Love. And Velvet Sky. And Alex Shelley. And Chris Sabin. And Matt Morgan. At what point do these losses, especially collectively, start to mean something. Again, as I said earlier, this is not suggesting mass exodus from TNA and any devastating impact of such. But it would be foolish and naive to suggest that the loss of several, if not all of these talents, would be meaningless.

Of course, the same guys who are heaping praise on these two guys over the last several months will be the first ones to come in here and suggest that losing these two older guys would be no big deal at all.

Personally, I don't think these guys are going anywhere. They have enjoyed such a rebirth in TNA over the last year or so, I'm sure both sides will work hard to work something out. However, I thought I read yesterday that Bully Ray was backstage at RAW1000 "visiting friends". Makes you wonder.

Losing Bully Ray would absolutely be a significant loss for TNA. He's climbed the rank ladder in TNA like a madman over the last year, plus, and losing what is likely their top heel would be a tremendous blow to the roster.

Devon is as useless as a shit flavored lollipop. I'm not at all concerned with him being a guy they could "lose", but Ray I am concerned over.

If it were not for the tag team division neither Ray or Devon would be known, these two guys before becoming a team were absolutely nobodys, than when ECW took them and made the Dudley Boyz, they worked very well ... granted they havent been in alot of matches against each other but they new how to balance each other out.

DEVON ............. GET THE TABLE
OOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH MY BROTHER ..... TESTIFY!!

Wow Bully would be a loss, not so much Devon. You know I am wondering what all these TNA stars who are leaving know that we don't? Ever since Hogan and Bischoff got there, people can't WAIT to get out of TNA.

I hope a lot of these guys like Sabin, Shelley, Morgan and Ray end up in the WWE, I am actually salivating at the thought of the Beautiful People in the WWE. They can actually wrestle and show the WWE Divas what wrestling is.

All of these people leaving or expecting to leave are going to end up taking their toll on TNA.

Bully and Devon going back to WWE would help the crappy tag team division. They want to build it back up, what better then having the Dudley Boyz back?

Losing D Von is like WWE losing R-Truth. They are both old, they both are noticeable in the ring, but they both don't alter the landscape of the show one bit.

Bully Ray is a bigger blow but still, he reminds me of JBL. He got a gimmick that suited him to perfection, he got over, he enhances the show, but once JBL left, it opened up an opportunity for someone else.

TNA doesn't have that pizzaz with causing a buzz like WWE does and even if they had a bit more time and put these two back together it wouldn't get people excited as it would if they went to WWE as the Dudleys.

TNA should cut the costs due to the wasted money DVon is and should have pushed another tag-team to the upper levels... Motor City Machine Guns. They should have given them a serious push as singles competitors like they did Austin Aries. The TNA fans APPRECIATE THEM and their hardwork, they have great in ring talent and can get people excited. And they are younger than the Dudleys so their shelf life is going to be so much longer. Part of running a wrestling company is to build as many stars as they can who are costing the company as little $$ as possible. When their contract is up, you decide how much longer their shelf life is, if they are really that over, and if WWE would scoop them up and go from there. If WWE has no interested in the MCMG and they were very over in TNA then you can use all of that as levegage to keep the costs down. TNA has no grasp of that fact.

Getting back to the Dudleys, if they leave they should do one last run with WWE, Bully Ray can use his personality and they can have one last hurrah before retiring if they are financially prepared. I sure hope they are...

Wow Bully would be a loss, not so much Devon. You know I am wondering what all these TNA stars who are leaving know that we don't? Ever since Hogan and Bischoff got there, people can't WAIT to get out of TNA.

I hope a lot of these guys like Sabin, Shelley, Morgan and Ray end up in the WWE, I am actually salivating at the thought of the Beautiful People in the WWE. They can actually wrestle and show the WWE Divas what wrestling is.

All of these people leaving or expecting to leave are going to end up taking their toll on TNA.

Bully and Devon going back to WWE would help the crappy tag team division. They want to build it back up, what better then having the Dudley Boyz back?

Forget bringing the dudleyz back to wwe. Bulley ray is in a league of his own right now. Why waste him by making him a tag team again? Sure the wwe universe might have little idea who bully ray is. however, the guy is one of the top heel in wrestling right now and i can see him easily draw heat in wwe. Bully ray can have a solid run on smackdown for sure.

Forget bringing the dudleyz back to wwe. Bulley ray is in a league of his own right now. Why waste him by making him a tag team again? Sure the wwe universe might have little idea who bully ray is. however, the guy is one of the top heel in wrestling right now and i can see him easily draw heat in wwe. Bully ray can have a solid run on smackdown for sure.

I don't disagree with you at all. But the WWE wants to build the tag division back up. So that was my point. Ray on his own would be great US or IC material.

Bully is an absolute must to be signed, but Devon can go if he likes. I kind of fear though Bully may be holding off on contract negotiations because he wants his boy to be signed to a similar contract. I'm not sure Bully Ray would hang around if Devon was cut to be honest, rightly or wrongly.

There seems to be a heap of talent getting cut, but no meaningful ones at the moment and I hope it stays that way with these two signing on.

The problem may be that they want Bully to sign but not Devon and as these two are close maybe he's making a stand for his friend.

Wow what's going on in TNA recently, other than Austin Aries signing a new long term deal everyone else seem to be failing in their contract negotiation. Both of them are replaceable but this is getting really weird, wonder if something is happening backstage, I remember AJ Style was complaining about it too.

It could be a blow if Bully Ray were not to re-sign. Folks don't see it as a big deal with Devon. Pera and Mike1411 pointed out that maybe Ray could be holding out because TNA doesn't want Devon. I find that improbable due to the fact that both are grown men and can survive in any organization on their own. This isn't the first time they've been split up. Also, and keep in mind things could change as early as this Thursday, if they don't want Devon back, then why give him a run with their secondary title instead of a top heel like Bully Ray? Truthfully as bad as fans feel that Devon is shit (and I'm an admitted Devon mark), no one else has really made the TV title worth anything this year until Devon won it. Now I highly doubt Ray and Devon will be put back together anytime soon, especially considering the runs they're having. Yes, both of them are north of 40, but can still go. I think they'll re-sign. The WWE bridge might have been burned when they first came to TNA. But on the chance that they don't stay, TNA still has plenty of talent to survive the hit. This is a bigger deal than Velvet leaving, no question.

If they do leave then I would have mixed feelings. Bully Ray has made a ton of improvements and at this point could win the TNA Championship someday as the top heel. He found his calling, and oddly enough it wasn't tag team wrestling. TNA will have a hard time finding anyone to replace Ray. Now, Devon on the other hand.... He has held the Television Championship for 127 days. Can anyone else see what's wrong here? I still cannot fathom why someone who sucks as much as Devon gets a push, let alone having them hold a singles title for OVER FOUR MONTHS!!!!

I hope that they do work out the negotiations so that we do not lose Bully Ray. There are a ton of faces on the roster who would benefit from working with him. Devon, I couldn't care less if they lose. If he leaves then that means his useless Television Championship reign will finally end. He's never been good for anything but tag teaming with Ray. I'd settle for Devon staying if it means Bully Ray stays too, because they cannot afford to lose him right now. No one else on the roster other than maybe Roode gets the same amount of heel heat.

Bully Ray leaving would be a major loss for TNA, he's grown on me. Bully Ray is one of the best heels today. I wouldn't mind seeing Devon leave, he hasn't really done anything worth talking about, besides being TV Champion for how long? However, if TNA is willing to let Devon go, then I'm afraid the same will be said for Bully.

History repeats itself. Where would Austin Aries be if Bully Ray didn't job for him? :(

edit and where would Joseph Parks be without Bully Ray?

Funny how the bias hive mind here keep saying Devon sucks, yet he's over with the crowd, he's good on the stick, and his a great wrestler. Obviously if he wasn't good, he wouldn't have the title nor would he get any reaction from the crowd. He made the TV title relevant (IMO), and I personally hope he stays with TNA and keep the title for up to a year.

But hey, go ahead and ban me for simply telling the truth. At least I didn't pull the race card.

i cant see TNA allowing Bully Ray to leave. despite the awful character name, his character is just too great to let leave. i see him and likely Devon re-signing, though hopefully, Devon loses that TV Title really soon, but like i wrote, dont expect Ray to leave.

This is horrible news about Bully Ray I really hope he resigns the guys got a ton of talent both in the ring and on the mic gotta work hard to try and keep him.

As for Devon...meh let him go I wouldnt miss him and hes not doing anything important they could easily have him drop the TV Title before he leaves hopefully to someone relevant.

I think what it comes down to is that these guys are likely a PAIR. If they want Bully Ray, they probably have to keep Devon. Might not be the absolute case, but I could definitely see these guys making that as part of the deal.

I personally think losing either one of them is a loss. I know a ton of people on here don't really like Devon, but the live crowds obviously do and he is hugely over with them. He has been solid with the Television Championship and has not really looked that bad in his matches. If they want to elevate the title, they need to get it off of him, but otherwise, he is doing his job pretty well.

As for Bully Ray ... what has not been said. This guy is PURE gold right now. He can be in the title picture and be believable. He can be beating up small guys and be believable. He can be in a feud with Parks/Abyss and be very entertaining. He is simply pure gold on the mic. Losing him would not be a small blow ... it would be a MAJOR blow because of his massive flexibility in putting a heel anywhere on the card.

Funny how the bias hive mind here keep saying Devon sucks, yet he's over with the crowd, he's good on the stick, and his a great wrestler. Obviously if he wasn't good, he wouldn't have the title nor would he get any reaction from the crowd. He made the TV title relevant (IMO), and I personally hope he stays with TNA and keep the title for up to a year.

But hey, go ahead and ban me for simply telling the truth. At least I didn't pull the race card.

Totally took the words outta my mouth. If a wrestler isn't in the spotlight or doesnt act the way the IWC wants,they suck and shouldnt have sucess. Funny cause I remember when these boards were saying similar things about Ray going out on his own. Most people totally crapped on the idea and were making all the normal fat,out of shape,no talent jokes...then all the sudden he is a major fan favorite.

Anyways,I don't think it would be as people are saying a "major blow" to lose Ray. It would be similar to the Sabins,Shelleys and Morgans. It would be losing a incredibly talented guy but not exactly a guy whos in the middle of the biggest angle. A major blow at this point would be losing the AJs,Aries,Hardys,Kurts,Roodes,etc. The guys that are at the top of the card. Not saying it wouldn't be a terrible thing to lose Ray,just saying in the wider scheme of things,not a major blow to the company.

I honestly wouldn't mind ether way. If he stays,great...if not then Id love to see the Dudleys return to WWE for a run. Then have them become agents and trainers. Or at least have Devon do that. Ether way is fine by me

Devon is not without talent. I think most people mean that Devon isn't doing anything meaningful, so losing him won't hurt TNA. He could lose the TV Title at any time and still look strong in defeat. Is Devon as talented as a singles wrestler as Bully Ray? Not even close. Bully Ray has really come into his own as a singles wrestler and he does alot of things to make himself stick out. Whereas Devon is kind of the same as he was, just without Bully as his tag partner. Devon hasn't changed or evolved. He's still the same Team 3D member minus the tag team partner.

If TNA & Bully cannot come to an agreement, it would be a loss but not a company changing loss. They would be losing a talented worker, but it happens. When one guy leaves, another gets the tv time and opportunity that guy would've gotten. Imagine what a guy like Magnus or Crimson could do with opportunity like that. Besides, The Dudleyz would probably reunite in WWE later on anyway. WWE seems to be wanting a renewed tag division and having a team like the Dudleyz would help.

Bully Ray leaving would be a huge blow to TNA. He's on fire at the moment even though he's stuck in the awful Joseph Park angle and I believe he's one of the wrestlers who could take the world title off of Austin Aries and run with it.

Devon is not such a big deal, he just hasn't risen as far as Bully Ray. However he has restored some credibility to the much derided Television title so that when someone does finally take it off of him they will have a belt with restored credibility.

It's also worth considering that Team 3D could be reunited to give the failed TNA tag team division a bit of a boost, although that would leave TNA with a grand total of 2 tag teams (so TNA are copying the WWE, although the WWE have done some work to revitalise their division).

As for the WWE re-signing Team 3D, purely from a damagingthe enemy perspective that makes sense. Although TNA doesn't pose a threat to the WWE it does give WWE talent a place to go if they don't like the WWE contracts and working consitions. With no TNA the WWE can pretty much do what it likes and wrestlers have no alternative bar the even smaller ROH or travelling out of the USA. The WWE would also benefit from a return of the Dudly Boys because their current tag division is still quite bland.

TNA need to keep Bully Ray, and it may be in their best interest to keep Devon too to sweaten the deal. However with the money wasted on Hulk Hogan, Eric Bischoff and Brooke Hogan I would not be surprised to see yet more exoduses from Impact wrestling to Raw or Smackdown.

Since Shelley and Sabin left TNA, TNA has pushed Daniels and Kazarian as wrestlers through a tag team which is working quite well at the moment. I think when a wrestler or wrestlers leave a promotion it creates space for new talent to be pushed (which might as well be better then your previous ones).

With Ray and Devon gone, TNA will get space to build talented wrestlers like Brutus Magnus, Doug Williams and Rob Terry by pushing them as heels through a British Invasion stable or something and have them feud with a face stable of RVD, Jeff Hardy and Samoa Joe.

It's because he's a face and it's never cool to like a face on the internet.

Not to mention, he's actually got a title and it's much easier to like an underdog with no title than one with a title. If Bully were to start main eventing, believe me, people would turn on him quick. Which illustrates my point, Bobby Roode was the top guy to root for up until he won the title now he still doesn't get the credit he deserves.

By the way, the best heel in TNA is Bobby Roode, not Bully Ray. He's definitely second though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back