Bryan VS Orton?

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
On SmackDown! last night, Daniel Bryan teamed with Randy Orton to face Rollins & Reigns. Near the end of the match, once the action broke down, Bryan went for a corner dropkick on Rollins, I believe, while he had Orton back in the corner. Rollins, or Reigns, moved & Orton ate it. Bryan, soon after, puts Rollins in the Yes/No Lock and it looks as though he's about to get the submission when Ambrose runs in to interfere, giving Bryan & Orton the win via DQ. Bryan then goes on another one man rampage against The Shield and manages to route them when Orton comes up behind him, spins him around and delivers an RKO. The crowd started booing Orton as he stood over Bryan to close the show.

The obvious inference is that Bryan & Orton will enter into a singles feud and that Team Hell No is kinda sorta officially broken up. That's how it looks, at least for the moment, and maybe they're skipping the messy break up that leads to a feud angle for Bryan & Kane. While Orton has firmly been a tweener for a few years now, though leaning more towards the face side, I'm wondering if we ultimately saw the true start of Orton's long awaited heel turn.

If the idea, according to reports, is for Bryan to enter into a babyface vs. babyface feud with John Cena before long, then putting him into a feud against Orton is a great way to build up Bryan as a singles babyface. Some like Orton, some hate him but the guy's a big star in WWE, so Bryan having a feud with Orton and ultimately going over him is a good way to pass the time on his way to a title feud.

Works for me. Seems to be the way things are heading, and it should produce some great matches. I also like the idea of sort of letting Team Hell No just naturally drift apart. They can always call upon that feud down the road. Maybe Kane could be a contender to a champion Daniel Bryan in the not-too-distant-future.

But Bryan and Orton having a solid, if short, feud would be terrific if it indeed goes that way. Both guys will be able to reinforce their characters and gain momentum for whatever's next for them. Bryan is in the midst of solidifying himself as a main event player it looks like, so a run with Orton will be a great warm-up and gauge for one with Cena.

Last night was the first time, in a long time, when I heard the crowd boo Orton this convincingly. Thats how over Bryan is.

This feud has had some good TV time. Bryan has played his part as the jilted lover to the T. Kane has done well in his role of the patient crooner and then you have Orton; I-don't-give-a-fuck-about-the-world Orton. He fits in the angle nicely.

I'm glad they are not doing the cliched partner vs partner feud with Team Hell No also.

Orton vs Bryan should be fantastic. Two good wrestlers who I expect to steal the show (I know Punk is returning to face Jericho).

Good PPV Payback is turning out to be.

I like this a lot, and yes it was pretty amazing to see Orton booed so convincingly on Smackdown. Bryan is super over right now, and if he is going to go into a feud with Cena then I think Orton is a good place to start. If they aren't going to put Orton in the main event again anytime soon then they sghould at least use him to get stars up to that next level. Bryan need to go over clean, and I don't see any reason why he wouldn't. Payback is really starting to shape up into a great card. I would like to see DB be the focus of the summer this year, and it looks like that could be happening.

I'm really hoping for this. I think that Orton, when he's working with the right person, can be as good as anyone in WWE. And, usually, the right guy is a smaller, faster worker. His matches with Christian a couple of years ago were fantastic, and I think Daniel Bryan can get the best out of him in the same way.

A victory over Orton will do wonders for Bryan, especially if he's going to feud with Cena. And Orton can finally make his heel turn. Everybody wins.

Orton has been on fire this year. He has been putting on some good matches left and right and DB is the best in the business in the ring right now and probably the hottest thing in wrestling that isn't The Shield. I feel an Orton/DB match would be some good stuff right now and something the Payback PPV could use. There really isn't much on the show worth while at the moment and Orton/DB can add what will be a quality (and likely the best) match.

Like mentioned above if DB is set for a feud with Cena at MitB, then a victory over Orton would do wonders and make DB look even stronger going into the match. Hell this could even just plant the seeds for later. Imagine DB getting the title and Orton gains the red briefcase? Would make for a damn good summer feud and make DB an even better face and Orton can finally make that heel turn he (and most people) want.

Like mentioned above if DB is set for a feud with Cena at MitB, then a victory over Orton would do wonders and make DB look even stronger going into the match. Hell this could even just plant the seeds for later. Imagine DB getting the title and Orton gains the red briefcase? Would make for a damn good summer feud and make DB an even better face and Orton can finally make that heel turn he (and most people) want.
I like the idea of this, but my problem is, WWE is extremely high on Cena. As much as the IWC hates him he is their poster boy and no matter how over DB is, he wont be getting the title at this point. No one will. That's why i hate Cena being champion, because he always has a relatively long reign. I'm becoming a fan of DB, I just don't like the idea of him chasing after the main title.

I like the idea of this, but my problem is, WWE is extremely high on Cena. As much as the IWC hates him he is their poster boy and no matter how over DB is, he wont be getting the title at this point. No one will. That's why i hate Cena being champion, because he always has a relatively long reign. I'm becoming a fan of DB, I just don't like the idea of him chasing after the main title.

Bryan should leverage his Bella to get John Cena's Bella to convince John to drop the belt to him. Or maybe he could ask them to pull some "twin magic" for John in exchange for a title reign.

I won't mind if Daniel loses to Cena in chasing for the WWE Championship. Frankly I expect it. As the saying goes, "it's not the destination, it's the journey." It should be a quality feud, and should they successfully maintain Bryan's face status throughout, he'll come out as a bigger star regardless of whether or not he's wearing the title. I fully expect Bryan to win more than the one world championship he already has before he's done in WWE. If he doesn't get it from Cena, so be it.

It's a good thing I have a computer sitting on my lap to disguise my immense tentage to anybody who might wander into my living room. There is of course the risk that it might burst right through the keyboard. Fortunately, I paid for the extended warranty, though I'm not entirely sure it covers erection damage.

One of the things that makes me such a beautiful, delicate and unique snowflake is the fact that I'm one of just a handful of people who considers both Daniel Bryan and Randy Orton to be among the best wrestlers on the planet. Yes, I'm that special and intelligent and seductive.

In recent memory, two of the very best feuds were face versus face - CM Punk versus John Cena, and Christian versus Randy Orton. Alright, so Christian eventually turned heel but you get my point. If Bryan versus Orton doesn't produce at least one match of the year candidate - which really just depends on how many matches they have together - then I will be beyond shocked.

If WWE really is planning a huge push for Daniel, a feud with Orton is a terrific way to start it off. Their series of matches might turn out to be some of the most entertaining events of the year.

This would give Orton a chance to turn full heel, which we've read he's wanted for quite some time. Interestingly, though, he wouldn't have to do that since Daniel isn't....as hasn't been....a full babyface since his pairing with Kane. Yes, he's been depicted as a crowd favorite with that stupid beard and persecution complex, but he doesn't act like a good guy in the manner he relates to the fans.

Pro wrestling has changed so much in the last 20 years. In addition to the invention of 'tweeners, it can also be said that the division between good guys and bad guys used to be sharply defined; heels cheated while faces wrestled according to the rules. If a performer changed his attitude, his wrestling style changed with it.

To me, the first guy to establish the new M.O. was Randy Savage, in that he wrestled in the same style as a good guy or bad. Today, Randy Orton and Daniel Bryan follow that pattern; Daniel doesn't rake anyone's eyes when he's good or bad.......Orton doesn't wrestle differently no matter his attitude at that moment.

For those reasons, the Bryan-Orton series of matches can be enjoyed as some great ring wrestling.....that we might not be able to tell the heroes from villains only adds to the mystery. Looking forward to it.

Both guys can have good matches with anybody and can make anyone look good(i.e. Bryan v Ryback or Orton v Show/Henry)/Both are supremely talented and over like crazy and if they do this match it can steal any show theyre put on. And of course if theyre given the time to do it.

The only bad thing about a Randy Orton vs Daniel Bryan feud is that Randy Orton rarely ever loses a feud. I know Daniel Bryan is crazy over right now, so it might not hurt his momentum going into a WWE Championship match against John Cena, but he could really use Randy Orton as that launching pad and that means winning the feud. Hell, I'd be surprised if he could just a clean victory over Randy Orton. I'm also still waiting for the day that Daniel Bryan triumphs over John Cena with a victory (I don't care if it's just a mere roll-up). Bryan needs to establish himself as one of the top guys via victory rather than just presence/in-ring skills. I truly hope that he wins the WWE Championship off John Cena. I've wanted to see DB as WWE Champion for a while. Maybe after he does indeed win the WWE Championship, a couple more brushes with Randy Orton can be revisited.

If the idea, according to reports, is for Bryan to enter into a babyface vs. babyface feud with John Cena before long, then putting him into a feud against Orton is a great way to build up Bryan as a singles babyface.

I would say that following the events of Smackdown, it's almost a necessity to put Bryan into a match with Orton, at Payback, and to have Bryan go over if they want to do the feud with Cena. From what I've read, the plan is to go with Cena vs Bryan at MITB, which would figure to round out a usually strong card featuring the two MITB matches.

I'm a Randy Orton fan, at least from an in-ring standpoint, but Bryan is the bigger star right now. They can go as far as they want with this 'inferiority complex' angle they've been pushing with Bryan AND sell him as a top babyface. His will and desire to 'prove himself' is almost the polar opposite of what they did with CM Punk last year. While Punk demanded respect, Bryan believes-incorrecty, of course- that he isn't respected. So how has gone out to get respect? The best way how, which is by proving himself in the ring, and it's been of great success so far.

While I've been a huge fan and have nothing but praise for the matches between Team Hell No w a partner and The Shield, it's time to see if Bryan can really break out as a top babyface single's star. The fans reception to him as he's been 'breaking away' from Kane and setting out on his own, just since Monday, essentially, have been tremendous. They popped huge for him in match with Ryback on Monday, and perhaps just as importantly, they booed Randy Orton when he RKO'd Bryan on Smackdown. When's the last time Orton's been booed when he RKO'd anybody?

The only bad thing about a Randy Orton vs Daniel Bryan feud is that Randy Orton rarely ever loses a feud.

Which is all the more reason for them to put him a feud with Randy Orton and have him go over, is it not? Let's face it, he's most likely not going to win a face vs. face match-up against John Cena, so to give him a match-up with Cena after losing to Orton, Bryan won't come out any better then he was prior.

All signs point to Orton vs. Bryan, based on both their backstage interaction and Orton RKO'ing Bryan, and if WWE is listening to their fans, this will be one of the feuds that Orton does lose. And he's at the stage in his career where he's fairly Teflon, and can bounce back pretty easily.

This is a match/feud that should happen, and one that Daniel Bryan should win.

Pro wrestling has changed so much in the last 20 years. In addition to the invention of 'tweeners, it can also be said that the division between good guys and bad guys used to be sharply defined; heels cheated while faces wrestled according to the rules. If a performer changed his attitude, his wrestling style changed with it.

You're right, the way these two characters work it's good that they are 'tweeners' they work well in that way. There may not be any need at all to make one of them full blown face or full blown heel.

I'm also still waiting for the day that Daniel Bryan triumphs over John Cena with a victory (I don't care if it's just a mere roll-up).

Ha, me too. I still need some closure after that night the Nexus took out Cena and Bryan yelled in his face "You are not better than me!"

I would say that following the events of Smackdown, it's almost a necessity to put Bryan into a match with Orton, at Payback, and to have Bryan go over if they want to do the feud with Cena. From what I've read, the plan is to go with Cena vs Bryan at MITB, which would figure to round out a usually strong card featuring the two MITB matches.

I'm a Randy Orton fan, at least from an in-ring standpoint, but Bryan is the bigger star right now. They can go as far as they want with this 'inferiority complex' angle they've been pushing with Bryan AND sell him as a top babyface. His will and desire to 'prove himself' is almost the polar opposite of what they did with CM Punk last year. While Punk demanded respect, Bryan believes-incorrecty, of course- that he isn't respected. So how has gone out to get respect? The best way how, which is by proving himself in the ring, and it's been of great success so far.

While I've been a huge fan and have nothing but praise for the matches between Team Hell No w a partner and The Shield, it's time to see if Bryan can really break out as a top babyface single's star. The fans reception to him as he's been 'breaking away' from Kane and setting out on his own, just since Monday, essentially, have been tremendous. They popped huge for him in match with Ryback on Monday, and perhaps just as importantly, they booed Randy Orton when he RKO'd Bryan on Smackdown. When's the last time Orton's been booed when he RKO'd anybody?

Which is all the more reason for them to put him a feud with Randy Orton and have him go over, is it not? Let's face it, he's most likely not going to win a face vs. face match-up against John Cena, so to give him a match-up with Cena after losing to Orton, Bryan won't come out any better then he was prior.

All signs point to Orton vs. Bryan, based on both their backstage interaction and Orton RKO'ing Bryan, and if WWE is listening to their fans, this will be one of the feuds that Orton does lose. And he's at the stage in his career where he's fairly Teflon, and can bounce back pretty easily.

This is a match/feud that should happen, and one that Daniel Bryan should win.

Couldn't have said it better and nice write up.

Bryan to me lately is just a joy to watch, he's always been great and intense, but his intensity as of late has been on another level. His passion and intensity is truly infectious. And Mark Madden said it best, when you saw him take out the Shield on Smackdown it reminded you of how great pro wrestling can be. Both he and Orton can go in the ring, both guys have anger management problems, this makes for some great pro wrestling/sports entertainment TV.

Since Bryan is feeling depress and is feeling like the "weak link" from Team Hell No, I believe it's a good storyline for him. They should book him as being a person who doesn't believe he has what it takes to be strong but really wants to win. After all he is being booked as if though he's the one at fault for his loss of the tag team title.

So if he loses to Orton it may still be good if they make him feel like he can't win a big match and when he gets into his feud with Cena and wins, it'll make the win even more sweet.

But if he wins against Orton it'll give him even more momentum into his feud with Cena. Either way is fine with me but if he does lose they should make him look like he doesn't believe in himself rather than just making him lose.

First time posting btw.

Yeah same here. I'd rather for him feud with Dolph. Him and AJ got history. With Swagger gone, Del Rio losing his rematch, he won't have nobody to face. I can see that being a favorable situation for Bryan to succeed versus being a stand in like Ryback against Cena

Plus with a Bryan/Orton feud this could be the chance to elevate Bryan further into main event status but at the same time it would help Bryan be even more over with the fans as a face but with Orton he would have to be the heel in this feud and a feud with Bryan could certainly help elevate Orton into becoming WWE's top heel its premier heel once again

It would be a good feud and they could put on some great matches. I have a problem with turning either heel as I feel both are better suited as faces. It is interesting to see how Kane would fit into this feud. Does he just disappear?

Personally, I would like to see maybe 1 or 2 matches build from sheer competitiveness rather than the traditional heel/face feud.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back