Brothers Of Destruction - Reunited?

Hunted-RKO

The United Kingdom Champion
Last night on the 1000th Episode of RAW, we saw The Undertaker return to help out Kane, and cleaned house, The Brothers Of Destruction. Now, the question is, do you think it was just a 1 time thing as it was the 1000th episode of Raw, or are they back full time and about to tear up the Tag Division? No doubt, if they are back for the time being, they will be in a high profile fued with somebody or they most likely will take the titles, so if this them reunited then is this a good thing for The Tag Team Division? Thoughts on if its just a 1 time thing or if it is permanent? And if its a good thing for the Tag Division?
:)

They haven't permanently reunited and they most likely never will again. It was just for one night only. And it was great to see them as The Brothers of Destruction again. Taker only wrestles once a year and makes specials appearances here and there. Nothing more.

I'm thinking it was a one time thing. It did strike me as odd when Cole said something along the lines of "the dark days have returned," leading me to think they would be paired together for awhile, but I just don't see it. Undertaker's health aside, the current crop of tag teams are a joke compared to The Brothers of Destruction. There's no legitamite competition for them. If they got back into the tag division in the current state it is, they should literally just be handed the belts. No match necessary because it would be a formality anyways. And anyone with the notion that they could "help build up the division again" is wrong. Like I said, the gap between them and the rest of the division makes the Grand Canyon look like a pothole. It's too unbelievable and would involve pushing a team that either didn't deserve it, or is getting pushed too fast.

Besides, neither Kane or the Undertaker need it. Kane should go back to destroying anything in his path and Undertaker should go back on the shelf.

However, if for some odd reason they are together for awhile, it would at least be fun to watch. I always liked them as a team.

One night thing, it was just to give them both something to do that didn't last long and give us a little look at the past.

This is 99% a one time thing just because The Undertaker appears once to wrestle and appears to different events here and there. I would be extremely surprised if they reunited for a while and Undertaker actually stuck around.

One time thing, done ALMOST perfectly.

Instead of the entrance, I would have rather have them all in the ring, ready to beat the shit out of Kane, the lights go off, and Taker appears in the ring with Kane back-to-back, ready to fight, when lights came back on.

Well done; I certainly marked out. But that would be my old critique.

We seem to be falling into the same old trap; wondering whether the one-time appearance of a legend will translate into a full-time return to the ring.

-Is Undertaker coming back full-time?
-Is Rikishi coming back full-time?
-Is Vader coming back full-time?
-Is Bob Backlund coming back full-time?
-Is Billy Gunn coming back full-time?

None of them are coming back. The Undertaker-Kane skit was an unexpected, entertaining surprise and it was handled very well, without an "Oh my gosh, it's my long lost brother!" routine that would shatter both men's images.

Instead, they acknowledged each other with just a glance and proceeded to kick ass on their opponents. It was short, easy work that didn't tax 'Taker's body too much......and gave us a pleasant reminder of a once-potent tag team force in WWE.

That's all it was.....and all it should be. Mark Calaway isn't coming back full-time. In 2011, the only work he did for WWE was Wrestlemania and a few non-violent appearances leading up to it. This year, we got the special treat of last night's appearance. Rather than wondering whether Calaway is returning full-time, let's be happy with what he gave us for the 1000th program. He's a WWE loyalist. My guess is that he wanted to be fully retired by now but has agreed to do Wrestlemania each year because the company has asked him to........that and what is probably a shitload of money has ensured he'll be around for a few more years.

As much as I'd love to see the Brothers of Destruction destroy every team that come their way on a regular weekly basis, that would not be a good idea. Undertaker is a Wrestlemania exclusive act at this point other than special appearances and Kane has better things to do such as his singles run. I don't take each nostalgic appearance as a potential permanent return, I just enjoy the moment and then move on. I wish more people would do the same, there's constant "should (name) return?" every time they do nostalgic appearances. WWE are being smart by building future stars instead of wasting roster spots on old legends. Instead of a permanent reunion of Taker and Kane, guys like the Prime Time Players and Air Truth are being pushed in the tag team division. This was 100% a nostalgia spot and nothing more. I enjoyed it, and am not expecting to see them team up again in a very long time. Now it's time to move on with pushes of future tag team stars.

Can I just say that I squealed like some kind of hybrid mix between a fangirl and a pig when I heard that gong? Thank you.

As much as I would love it, I don't think the dark days are really back. I'm pretty sure that this was just a one time thing. Neither of them need it, and even if they did reform as a team, I don't see any of the current teams holding a candle to them. A decade ago, they had Edge and Christian and the Two Man Power Trip to deal with. None of todays teams can match that. This was more than likely a one-time thing. I don't think Taker's body can hold up to it, even as part of a tag-team. As nice as it would be, I'm pretty sure that it was just wishful thinking. Besides, I want to see Kane win one more championship before he's gone.

We seem to be falling into the same old trap; wondering whether the one-time appearance of a legend will translate into a full-time return to the ring.

-Is Undertaker coming back full-time?
-Is Rikishi coming back full-time?
-Is Vader coming back full-time?
-Is Bob Backlund coming back full-time?
-Is Billy Gunn coming back full-time?

None of them are coming back. The Undertaker-Kane skit was an unexpected, entertaining surprise and it was handled very well, without an "Oh my gosh, it's my long lost brother!" routine that would shatter both men's images.

Yes but there is a difference between them and Taker. They aint been seen for years, and have actually gave it up. Undertaker aint a retired legend. He's a legend,yes, but he aint retired. Im not saying that he will bak full time but maybe for a few months or so he tags with Kane..

As others have already said, last night's appearance by Taker will probably be a one time thing. The Brothers of Destruction would absolutely decimate the tag team picture as it currently stands, even though it's much healthier than it's been in many years.

The only thing left for Taker is The Streak. The WWE uses Taker now as a special attraction that pops up rarely, thus making all of his appearances feel meaningful. He's done it all, he's bigger than any championship, he's beaten just about everybody and the tag team scene would be a huge step down for him. Taker's streak is going to be what keeps him going for the next several years. Because of his injuries, as well as the WWE's new booking strategy, Taker's role as a special attraction suits him perfectly. Seeing the possibility of Taker's streak ending at WM has become a huge draw for the event and that's ultimately where Taker's energy is best directed towards.

Undertaker is not coming back full time! The man is almost 50 years old at this point his body to my knowledge is beat up and even if he wanted to go full time its impossible at this point! Last night was a very special treat for us fan and Taker being a Company man gave us,the fans a wonderful surprise!

Seeing the Bros of Destruction was very well done and undertaker didnt have to spend too much energy helping out kane! Undertaker as already been stated is for WM only! We will see the deadman around WM next year!

I figured last night was just a one time deal. 'Taker isn't able to wrestle on a regular basis anymore, it's unlikely we'll even see him again this year.

Whilst bringing back the Brothers of Destruction would be good for tag division, it wouldn't really be a good direction for either guy to go at this point either. Kane has had a major singles run since putting the mask back on. Feuding with Cena, Orton, Bryan and Punk, going from that to tag matches against Kofi/Truth, PTP, Primo/Epico etc would be a pretty big step down. 'Taker is basically a special attraction for WM these days, so going back to performing regularly in the tag division would make little sense.

As cool as it would be, I just don't see a full-on BOD return coming.

Unfortunately probably a one-time thing but it would be good to see them together as a tag team especially if it means getting Taker back on TV leading up to Mania next year. Taker may not be able to consistently go in singles competition but he can definitely go in a tag match regularly especially if he's teaming with Kane who still has plenty of gas left in the tank.

One time thing for sure, it was awesome seeing The Brothers of Destruction back together one last time as a tribute to a great tag team with to awesome stars in The Undertaker and Kane. It was unexpected and got the crowd chanting "This is awesome!", what more could you want for an Undertaker appearance?

I wouldn't mind if they made some type of stable including the two where Kane would be the main guy, but Taker was a distant member of the group only making talking appearances on Raw, or possibly a tag partner in a Survivor Series match. I think that could be interesting.

Also, I don't know how they'd set it up, but I think it would be awesome to see the Brothers of Destruction take on DX at Wrestlemania. Maybe another Hell in a Cell or a cage match. If memory serves me correctly Kane and Taker have never teamed together on the big stage. I would rather see this than Taker vs Rock or Cena. I think Brock is the best choice for the Taker match, but since it dosen't seem to be going that way, I think DX would be a good choice. (If HBK agreed).

Not really sure. I'm inclined to believe it was a 1 time thing. However perhaps he has rested enough to give a solid, yet small run on a full time basis. You just never know with the Undertaker because he doesn't have to always have matches. He could simply appear and "spook" people. He could also work in Kane's corner. I know that sounds weird but given the way the 6 men happened (which was awfully similar to a previous Raw event eons ago) it could lead to Kane taking them on 1 by 1 with Undertaker in his corner to watch his back. Would be nice to see, but again none of us REALLY know.

Raw 1000 was to provide the WWE universe and past fans the very best of what they have seen the past 999 episodes. The Brothers of Destruction are probably the most popular tag team to have never really won anything. Sure, they've held multiple WWE and WCW Tag Team Championships, but they aren't remembered for that.

This was one of those things. To see the Brothers of Destruction once again was fantastic, but I'm calling two things here:
1) We won't see The Undertaker until WrestleMania season.
2) We won't see the Brothers of Desruction again.
I could be wrong, but unless they decide to put them in a Tag Team Match together at WrestleMania, we more than likely won't see a match with them together. The next time they'll be together, it will be their last matches. Kane goes week in and week out, The Undertaker, who is older, does one match a year. Taker could still go until Kane is ready to go, and then have these two face each other at either WrestleMania or Survivor Series in both of their last matches. That is when we will see them together again.

As cool as it would be to see one of the greatest tag teams of all time and one of my personal favorites back on a semi regular-regular basis there's no way this should or will happen. Everyone loved seeing them back together last night but lets be real, even if Taker was going to be back on a more frequent schedule(which he isn't)why in the world would he do so to compete in the tag team division? If he were around full time and this was just another thing he was doing I'd be all for it but it would honestly hurt him more than help. He's become an exclusive Mania figure, as much as that was a bitter pill to swallow when he first started being a one time a year performer now it would feel wrong to have him stop that to compete in tag team matches. Raw 1000 was a special night, he was there in the beginning and it was great to see him there for this one but keep him at Mania where he belongs.

It was for one night only, nothing more and nothing less. Unless they team up again on Smackdown or sometime between today's tapings and Wrestlemania, which I highly doubt, they'll keep to themselves with their own agenda.

Besides, why would he reunite with Kane when he's an honorary member of DX?

the-undertaker-dx.jpg

God damn, Sean has a gut.

Yeah right. You want brothers of destruction again reunited for the nth time just for a tag team title. That is so lame. What is left on the Undertaker is the streak. No more world titles so definitely no more tag titles. And you do know that when they are united for the nth time, they will break up again for the nth time. And they will face each other again at wrestlemania for the nth time. So a big NO.

Don't need to see it. Don't want to see it. They didn't have great matches a decade ago and I don't see it changing anytime soon. Undertaker only appears a few times a year and he deserves it so that will be the status quo.

On another note, I guess we're all going to forget that Kane was feuding with Undertaker two years ago and burying him alive. You gotta love the WWE.

Undertaker wrestles what, twice a year and he still gets perhaps the biggest reaction of anyone on the roster. Why would you mess with that? No one cares about the tag titles and there's almost no way you can have the Brothers lose to any team without them being another super team, which is the last thing that you need for the belts right now. There's no reason Taker and Kane should win the belts, namely because there's no reason to have Undertaker around enough to have him win a title at this point in his career.

There is no way this is a full time thing. Undertaker was only there because it was RAW 1000. He had to be there and they needed something for him to do. We probably won't see Undertaker again until around WrestleMania time or maybe Survivor Series.

Yeah this was just a one time thing. One of the points that were made that hit it on the head is this, The Bros of Destruction are light years a head of any team in the WWE. It would be like Ryback crushing those local wrestlers 2 at a time. Besides that it was a one off for the 1,000 Raw. It was awesome for sure, but that's all it was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back