Brooke Hogan Joining TNA/IW As Executive In Charge of the Knockouts

It's Damn Real!

The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
@TNADixie:
Brooke Hogan to join @IMPACTWRESTLING as the Executive in Charge of the Knockouts! http://t.co/TWY7B5X2

http://www.impactwrestling.com/news...-TO-JOIN-TNA’S-“IMPACT-WRESTLING”-ON-SPIKE-TV

c2185c8f578938e471f916752f5815ca_L.jpg

BROOKE HOGAN TO JOIN TNA’S “IMPACT WRESTLING” ON SPIKE TV STARTING THURSDAY, MAY 31
New York, NY, May 17, 2012 – Television personality and recording artist Brooke Hogan is joining the cast of the highly-rated weekly wrestling program, TNA’s “IMPACT WRESLTING” starting Thursday, May 31 on Spike TV. Brooke’s role will be as the Executive in Charge of the female wrestling division, The Knockouts. Brooke will join a star-studded cast of the biggest names in professional wrestling, including her father, wrestling legend Hulk Hogan. TNA’s flagship series, “IMPACT WRESLTING,” telecasts on Spike TV and is one of the network’s top-rated series on Thursday nights with young men and currently ranks among the top shows on cable in its timeslot with Men 18-34.

In addition to overseeing the traditional duties of the Knockouts Division, Brooke will bring a new energy and direction to the role working with the girls in a variety of capacities.

"I have really gotten to know Brooke by working with her on her music career this past year and a half," said Dixie Carter, President of TNA Wrestling. "When we did talk wrestling, I not only loved her passion and knowledge of it, but the fresh, creative ideas she would come up with. She is very savvy. I asked if she would consider teaming up with me in this capacity while she also worked on her music, and I was thrilled when she said ‘yes.’ A big personality runs in her genes, obviously, and I know she is going to take an already exciting division of Impact Wrestling to another level."

Brooke is heading to New York next week for a media tour to promote her addition to the IMPACT WRESTLING team. Brooke will also promote “IMPACT WRESTLING’s” move to 8 PM and that the series will telecast LIVE for the summer starting Thursday, May 31. TNA's 10th anniversary SLAMMINVERSARY pay-per-view-event is set for June 10th in Dallas, Texas.

--

Looks like the rumors were true. Nepotism rears it's ugly head again...

Thoughts on this?

Honestly, WHAT TOOK THEM SO LONG? We've been making this joke that Brooke Hogan is going to come on Impact in some capacity for over two years now. Is ANYONE surprised by this? I mean really, anyone? Brooke is hot but that's about it. She's famous because of her dad and she sang a few songs which no one remembers. Now she's getting a job because she can't do anything else. She'll be forced down our throats for a few weeks and then it'll be scaled back. At least with this we'll have something to look at.

Awesome. So someone who has little talent in her own field of work, more known for being the daughter of Hulk, only famous due to the reality show which was predominantly based around Hulk, who has no past experience of being a wrestler whatsoever is coming in to at least from an on-screen perspective, run the entire Knockouts Division despite probably having little clue in reality who half of them are.

She is a bloodsucker, lynching off her fathers fame once again. She'll eventually get into the ring and wrestle, probably use the Leg Drop as her finisher too, this is to Hulk as Garret was to Bischoff. I'm still a bit taken aback by Reid Flair not showing up yet, they could all form a stable based off being untalented offspring to their famous father's.

We take the sweet with the sour. Impact going live is the sweet, this is most definitely the sour.

This definitely isn't something I'm looking forward too. Like others are already saying, this is just more of Hogan and Bischoff making sure there friends and family have something to do because there not very talented. You finally think there getting better by going live and Garret being off screen for about I think/hope three weeks now, fantastic PPV, and then more bringing in of untalented people. I'm just going to hope for the best, but I'm damn sure not expecting it.

she is just going to be an on air authority figure for the KO's not a wrestler so I really don't see the big deal, btw you guys that are critizing this what do you think of wwe signing ric flairs daughter.

Scott Steiner speaks the TRUTH! Give this man a medal

I honestly think this is the stupidest thing I have ever heard. Who gives her the right to be anything in TNA. Someone who has never wrestled in a ring is in control of the knockouts. I mean Hogans daughter, and Erics son. I can see the storyline now.. They fued.. OH WOW HERE COMES NICK HOGAN WITH THE SAVE!!!!!!!!

Geez TNA.. This one speaks for itself.. I really hope they change things for the better when they go live.

She's famous because of her dad and she sang a few songs which no one remembers. Now she's getting a job because she can't do anything else.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Pretty funny to see Hogans and Bischoffs kids in tna real shocker right? Back to brooke though her music career failed, her reality tv show sucked ass, and now her useless ass who hasn't done shit in years is coming to tna and will probably get paid higher than the majority of the wrestlers for doing absolutely nothing. Oh well at least she has a nice rack.

she is just going to be an on air authority figure for the KO's not a wrestler so I really don't see the big deal, btw you guys that are critizing this what do you think of wwe signing ric flairs daughter.

Difference is Ric Flair's daughter is going to be trained in as a professional wrestler and had been contemplating it seriously since Ric was inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame originally, she just decided recently she wanted to make a go of it. They won't be bringing her onto the show within a matter of weeks either, they'll train her, not that I'm stating TNA won't train Brooke because they probably will but the difference is, Ric Flair doesn't have an authority role within WWE, Hulk has power within TNA and he has used it to bring a person with no experience nor a thing to offer into the company, onto its wage bill.

If you seriously believe she won't be wrestling somewhere down the line you're delusional. Wrestling is all about the build for somebody wrestling, that is why whenever you see someone in an altercation on television chances are It'll conclude in a wrestling match.

Once again, this is to Hogan as Garret being signed was to Eric Bischoff, an easy way to bring somebody with a recognizable second name onto the roster and despite TNA's efforts to promote Garret as a good face he still got booed at Lockdown.

No genius ric flair's daughter is coming to wwe as a wrestler not coming in as the authority figure of the divas. Yeah she's Flairs daughter and that might slightly give her an edge but I can respect the fact that she's actually learning and training to become a wrestler by going through wwe's developmental program. Two completly different things.

Scott Steiner speaks the TRUTH! Give this man a medal

I honestly think this is the stupidest thing I have ever heard. Who gives her the right to be anything in TNA. Someone who has never wrestled in a ring is in control of the knockouts. I mean Hogans daughter, and Erics son. I can see the storyline now.. They fued.. OH WOW HERE COMES NICK HOGAN WITH THE SAVE!!!!!!!!

Geez TNA.. This one speaks for itself.. I really hope they change things for the better when they go live.

The only reason more people don't speak the truth like Scott Steiner, is cause there afraid to lose there jobs to. Now TNA is paying more money to another useless fuck, first King Mo, now fucking Brooke Hogan. I can't wait for Nick to get signed also, hahahaha.

She is going to FCW, to train, also Eddies daughter is there, there not getting signed to 6 figure contracts or close to it I bet. They have to work for it, WWE an't giving no ones kid a free ride.

Hulk Hogan talks a lot about wrestlers paying their dues then he hands a contract to his daughter who is not that attractive and def not that talented. If she was she would not need Hulk to keep investing in her career. He paid for her music career- which failed- he did a reality show with her- that is long forgotten, and now this. Ridiculous. TNA is awful, how many years till WWE owns their video footage?

Brooke Hogan, Garret Watts.. I mean Bischoff and Dick Flair's Daugter. The workrate of professional wrestling just went up tenfold!!!

Remember how good Lacey Von Eric is....

The only 3rd generation Diva that is good is Nattie.

How dare you guys say Brooke has no talent. Did you miss her turn as a scientist in the straight-to-video epic 2 HEADED SHARK ATTACK? <note dripping sarcasm>

earlier today I asked TNA to do something with their knockouts and then this happens. Hey TNA, this is NOT what I meant.

Well it's about time TNA starts living up to its name and giving the fans some T N A... I guess we'll really see if she can make more money than scott steiner, or if she needs to be on her back to do so lol... what a joke though, I'd be less annoyed by this if there were ANY indication that she was actually interested in this, or that she was taking lessons from a pro. The music career wasn't going anywhere and so they are going to use this to give her some more exposure... the real losers, the fans.

Brooke Hogan is no Karen Jarrett, who was outstanding in the Knockouts authority position. I can't see her being much of a heel, which is whats called for in that role. It's going to be great when the Impact audience boos her during the live shows. I wonder who will be the first one to show up with a "nepotism is a bitch" sign.

Ric-Flair.jpg

I wouldn't dismiss this as bullshit so quickly. While I don't have much faith in Brooke's abilities (I don't even think she is that hot). She comes with built in heat and name recognition. I may tune in to actually see where this is going. It reminds me of Steph's time on Raw and that turned out to be some entertaining television.

I could see Brooke come in as a friendly face who doesn't do much as TNA KO Exec. This could irritate Hulk and garner both him and Brooke some heat. The logical step for Hulk would be for him to completely turn back in to a power hungry nepotistic heel in order to protect his baby but ultimately Brooke could be the one to go full heel and make Hulk look the fool.

The reasons Brooke can give for turning on her father are endless:
- daddy was on the road all the time
- daddy didn't support her music career enough
- daddy left her mommy
- daddy married a woman young enough to be her sister
- daddy made her be on two stupid reality shows
- daddy promised her he would get her a WWE on air job some day, not a crappy TNA job
- daddy got most of her inheritance taken away by her mommy and she wants to get whatever she has left

What I am saying is that there is potential for some huge heat and interesting storylines. I have no idea if Brooke can work an audience but there is a ton of potential here.

It sounds like brooke is going to have a backstage role too.. somehow she is going to help develop characters and promos etc. It's going to be an insult to the low paid high talent women who bust their ass at tna. Whether on air or off I personally think it'll be a mistake bringing her in, the notice they may get for it, does not outweigh the hurt in the locker room that'll be there.

From what I can find, this may not be an on camera position:

- Brooke Hogan has announced that she's signed with TNA. TMZ reports that Brooke will not wrestle for the company but instead will be the head of the Knockouts Division.

Dixie Carter commented, saying "Brooke is such a great talent who's really sharp and will make a great addition to the TNA family." TMZ reports that Brooke's duties will be to help the Knockouts develop their characters, work with them on backstage promos and consult on entrance music among other things.

Source:

http://www.411mania.com/wrestling/news/238685/Brooke-Hogan-Signs-With-TNA.htm

So if that's the case, not only is she being brought in above the Knockouts, she's being put in charge of running the division. And her experience in this would be......what exactly?

From what I can find, this may not be an on camera position:

Source:

http://www.411mania.com/wrestling/news/238685/Brooke-Hogan-Signs-With-TNA.htm

So if that's the case, not only is she being brought in above the Knockouts, she's being put in charge of running the division. And her experience in this would be......what exactly?

She once recorded an album and it failed both critically and commercially, she has all the credentials needed to book professional wrestlers.

There isn't really an answer as to how she has been placed into this role, especially if it isn't just on-air but instead an actual backstage position. I highly doubt she even knows the entire Knockout's roster, she'll be told who the Champion is, who the Tag Champions are and who the challengers are and those names will be the only ones we'll see for a year; I may be over-exaggerating but something as absurd as my theory would be realistic, surely.

Yep, first Garret Bischoff and now Brooke Hogan? And she's going to oversee the Diva's division? I find it kind of sad how Brooke will probably get paid more than half the TNA roster when doing basically nothing only because she's Hogan's daughter. First that MMA guy, and now this? Watch, Edge will go to TNA and they'll give him the TNA Championship when he's not medically cleared to wrestle. It'll be Pacman Jones all over again.

I guess Scott Steiner was right, Hogan and Bischoff are going to kill TNA.

Pardon me for being the cynical and jaded fan who grew up enjoying the offerings of the AWA, Jim Crockett Promotions, and the WWF of the 1980s in wrestling's boom period into the second major wrestling boom of the late 90s with the Monday Night Wars. Very few moments in wrestling draw me back in and make me feel like the fan I once was (save for Taker-HHH III at WrestleMania 28 that alone was worth suffering through the majority of the nonsense that that event was). But to be honest, this signing of Hogan's daughter, who really cares?

I'm indifferent to such an occurrence. When you consider their history with "stunts" like this before, TNA's ratings won't suffer or prosper either way from this happening. They'll more likely than not just continue their ebb and flow. I mean don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that this is necessarily a good thing, but considering what I've seen out of the "wrestling" business the past few years, nothing really excites me. Case in point this past WrestleMania had to rely on three staples of the Attitude Era (Rock, Undertaker and Triple H) and John Cena to even sell in my view. Going back almost a decade ago you still had bright moments in Mania's history where more than just a few select stars sold an event, case and point. WrestleMania 21 was an event that I felt met its hype (it had two solid World Title matches although I would like to see one sole World Title return, I can't deny that the Cena-JBL and HHH-Batista double bill was amazing and then you had solid matches to accompany that show like Michaels-Angle, Mysterio-Guerrero and of course Taker-Orton). These days even that great big organization up north has to rely on faces from its past, again just look at the red carpet treatment for Brock Lesnar. Not saying that it bothers me per se, but just making an observation at what the state of pro wrestling really is.

It's as simple as this, WWE will continue to do what it does and do it well because it's got the history and foundation it has. While TNA will more likely than not keep its niche audience and that's not so bad either. During a time in our society where more important things like crime rates, economical strength and political stability are abound, the signing of a wrestling legend's daughter to a "cushy" position in the company is the least of my worries. Am I going to say I'm enjoying it, not at all. But there's no way I am going to let this bother me like most fucktards on these forums do.

The sun will rise tomorrow boys and girls, whether or not Brooke Hogan's TNA stint is a success or a bust. Nepotism isn't new in any endeavor be it the entertainment world or corporate America. Yeah, even as a Hogan fan I don't want to see his daughter just get pushed to the moon (if she even wrestles in the first place) but then again I even had my fill of the McMahon family even if Steph and Shane have more "credibility" so to speak to be on-air characters. To me it's all a steaming pile of shit these days. However, maybe I'll change my mind about that if Brooke can help TNA come up with something that will trump the Katie Vick storyline, because lord knows we could see a TNA-spun version of that classic angle. :D

Did everyone forget WWE had her on RAW and involved in angles with Hogan and Orton?
Now that its TNA time to throw them under the bus. Love the double standard. Heres a list of things TNA is currently doing better then WWE
*Tag Team Division
*X-division
*Knockouts are better then divas
*TNA Champion actually main events when he is in a match not wrestle in the first match of the night.
*TNA's Heels are better then WWE heels

That doesnt mean that TNA doesnt have problems because it does have some but people act like its falling apart and that its hot garbage and its actually pretty damn good if you take off the hate blinders.

I don't mind this move.. its not like she's being hired as a wrestler.

She once recorded an album and it failed both critically and commercially, she has all the credentials needed to book professional wrestlers.

There isn't really an answer as to how she has been placed into this role, especially if it isn't just on-air but instead an actual backstage position. I highly doubt she even knows the entire Knockout's roster, she'll be told who the Champion is, who the Tag Champions are and who the challengers are and those names will be the only ones we'll see for a year; I may be over-exaggerating but something as absurd as my theory would be realistic, surely.

Dude, it's a work. It plays in to everything that us smarks think we know:
- Hulk is only out for Hulk, his friends and family
- Women's wrestling is a joke to TNA execs
- Dixie is a clueless money mark

It makes no sense at all to the point where it makes total sense what they doing here.

I think this may be Hogan's new idea that if it doesn't work he walks.
-

Did everyone forget WWE had her on RAW and involved in angles with Hogan and Orton?
Now that its TNA time to throw them under the bus. Love the double standard. Heres a list of things TNA is currently doing better then WWE
*Tag Team Division
*X-division
*Knockouts are better then divas
*TNA Champion actually main events when he is in a match not wrestle in the first match of the night.
*TNA's Heels are better then WWE heels

That doesnt mean that TNA doesnt have problems because it does have some but people act like its falling apart and that its hot garbage and its actually pretty damn good if you take off the hate blinders.

I don't mind this move.. its not like she's being hired as a wrestler.

WWE didn't put in her in charge of a division that get's the most viewers on the program. Don't make this a pity party for TNA. Don't even try to compare World Champion's because even Daniel Bryan was a better heel than Roode. That's not to say Roode wasn't good that's just how entertaining Bryan was. I do agree that we need to wait and see how it goes but we all have the right to be somewhat outraged that once again another useless family member is being hired and put directly into a important position in the company.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back