Brock Lesnar Vs Mark Henry

Paralyzer Z

Fuck honor
So I have been seeing plenty of these "What if" threads in the other sections of WZ Forums. It got me thinking to see a unlikely scenario play out. That scenario is would Brock Lesnar be the man to take Henry down?

Now I know it is extremely doubtful that Brock will ever return to the WWE. However if he did, would he be the guy to bring the hall of pain to an end? Mark Henry is a guy that I have not been of fan of until recent months. At the beginning of his heel turn I though it would turn out disastrous, he proved me to be wrong. Seeing as how Mark Henry has won the world title and taken out some the biggest men in WWE that include Kane, Big Show, and The Great Khali and sent them out of action until return. None of these guy have ever been as dominant as the monstrous Brock Lesnar. If he were to return I would love to him and Mark go at it so Brock could finally be the giant to destroy the Hall of Pain or evade induction. The question here is simple:

Even though I am sure Brock will never return, if he did:

Would you be interested in a Brock Lesnar vs Mark Henry feud?

IF it were to happen would Lesnar finally be the one to terminate the Hall of Pain?

In all likeliness (reality) who do you think is the guy that will eventually take down Mark Henry after months of destroying superstars?

Brock Lesnar is a douche when it comes to giving him accolades for his wrestling resumè. Brock Lesnar never wanted to wrestle, he wnted his name out there. He wanted to feel the rush of having fans cheer him on. They pushed him to the moon quicker than anyone in WWE history and who could've blamed them? He was a fucking star. Yet, he simply gives it all up on less than two years to go somewhere else. There's no doubt in my mind that Brock was probably the only guy who could've ended The Undertaker's streak at Wrestlemania. Yet, he probably would have still left the WWE. Point being, Brock was handed everything yet he simply walked out. Why would anyone trust him with ending a 6 month dominant streak? Based on that alone, Brock shouldn't be the one to end the massive streak of Mark Henry.

Didn't heel Lesnar already beat a face Henry in '02. But I'm sure you mean currently. I'm positive if Lesnar would just steam roll through Henry probably hurting his current gimmick in the process.

Well firstoff I'd just like to say that I do not see Brock ever returning, he's very happy in the UFC and he wants to build a legacy in MMA, he ain't comin back.

If he did though I couldn't see Mark Henry ever beating him, he would definitely be the one to beat Henry because he was a huge star and unstoppable force. I would Definitely enjoy a Brock-Mark feud because it's always fun to have two big men brawling in the ring but when one of those men is the most athletic big man in WWE history you know it's gonna be killer. I think that these two would have an excellent heated feud and the matches would be very entertaining and high quality.

My guess for the man to beat Henry is a man he already beat, Sheamus. I see Sheamus beating him because he is hot as shit on the upper midcard of Smackdown and although Henry did bet him at SummerSlam it wasnt a very solidifying victory and I thought it would continue after that. I see Sheamus winning the Royal Rumble and beating Mark Henry at Wrestlemania.

Would i like to see a Lesnar/Henry fued.Hell yeah. I would love to see Lesnar in a WWE ring again period...I could care less against who. In the fantasy of Lesnar returning in the near future why Henry is still unstopable i think Brock would go over Henry. He wouldn't come back just to loose. As for who i think will get over on Mark Henry is the UnderTaker. Hopefully Not at WrestleMania, but either just before or just after WrestleMania. It might be 1 of the reasons that Henry is getting the monster push onthe smackdown brand in the 1st place. Creative knows that UnderTaker deserves a hell of a last run, so with the lack of big names left, and the fact that he has already fueded with all the veteran super stars im thinking maybe Taker told some of the big wigs in WWE like Vince/Steph/ & HHH to build up Mark Henry as an unstopable monster for him to defeat upon return and have a final championship run before he decides to take off into the sunset. I think it would be better for Henry to loose the belt to Sheamus since they just had a pay-per view match. Unless it's a few month's after Mania. But i just don't see Mark Henry walking into WRESTLEMaNIA with the belt.

i don't want or think that brock comes back only to take away the heat on mark henry, it's a stupid idea and doesn't makes any sense. now that i took that away from me...

i have two candidates for ending the run of henry:

1.- Sheamus: he's the golden boy right now, he's on a winning streak since he turned face (take away the loss against barret and you have like 2 or 3 months of constant winning), they want to establish him as the next beast and unbeatable face (something like cena), but i'm not sure if he will because he doesn't sell any merchandise...

2.- Daniel Bryan: ok, this is what i want to happen, because this would really establish Bryan as THE man, but i know this is not what vince has in mind, so i'm not holding my thoughts on that...

Culantro how do you honestly know what Vince wants. How can anyone speak on what Vince does and doesn't want? I'd love a Lesnar return - we would see WWE buyout TNA before I believe that'll ever happen. I imagine Lesnar would slow Henry's streak down, considering the tear he has been on.

I would not be interested in this feud whatsoever. Don't get me wrong. I am a Lesnar fan, but only his run with the UFC. I hated Lesnar's WWE run. Every minute of it. Big guys often bore me in pro wrestling and Lesnar did not deserve the push he got. I think he is better off staying in the MMA world. Then there's Mark Henry. I don't care who it is at this point. I just want him to lose that title. Lesnar would destroy him if this feud happened and easily win the belt. I think it will be either Sheamus or Orton who finally take down Henry. Or they might wait all the way to Wrestlemania and have Daniel Bryan be the man for the job. Henry's days are numbered no matter who it is that ends it though.

I am a fan of Brock Lesnar, both the man when he was a wrestler and as an MMA competitor, do I think he's a bit of a dick? Yeah. But after reading his book I can kind of see why he is a dick, and even though some here are ruling out Brock ever returning to the WWE, as he says in his book, if the time came where he left UFC where else would he go? There is nowhere left where he can get that type of money and spotlight, therefore he'd have to go back.

To answer the question, I wouldn't be interested in it. Although I like Brock and recently I've been hugely impressed with Mark Henry and think he is entertaining as the World Heavyweight Champion, this feud wouldn't get any interest from me. The only person that Brock could feud with and make me excited is The Undertaker. Noty Cena, Triple H or any of the others, just Taker. And chances of that happening are slim.

I rather see Henry pin Lesnar. Whats the love affair with Brock? The guy got pushed to the moon and then left and tried to become a football player. :lmao: Brock is still bitching about Austin. I'm glad Lesnar never beat him.

He will come back to WWE when his UFC days are over. He's just looking for a big paycheck. Probably come back and wrestle somone like Cena or Orton at WM and that will be it.

I personally don't understand all of the Lesnar hatred for "walking away". Much like all of the Rock hatred when he "walked away", it is entirely undeserved, and something that they should BOTH be applauded for.

It's not like Lesnar went to the WWE looking for work, THEY recruited HIM straight out of college, offered him free training and a lot of money to do something that I'm sure seemed like a lot of fun for a small town kid. Be on TV, see the world, have fun and make a bunch of money doing it... who wouldn't at least think about that kind of offer?

And then once he "made the big time" he realized that he didn't want to do it anymore, and before he became a cripple who was addicted to painkillers and booze at the age of 30 he walked away to do something that he thought that he would like to do better. He asked for his release, and even signed a ridiculous 10 year non-compete clause that I'm sure was only put in by WWE to scare him into staying, and tried to do something that he always wanted to do, play for the NFL. Did that work out? No, but he tried, which is a lot better than most of us can say.

It seems like people like Austin and Edge, who walk away early because of injury, get applauded for "knowing when to walk away" (well, except for Hogan who would have rather seen Edge and Austin in a wheelchair before hanging up the boots), yet people like Lesnar and Rock get shit on for walking away when they still had their health pretty much intact, and would simply rather do other things.

I for one would rather see someone show up, make a good living for himself and his family, and then walk away when they no longer enjoy it and make room for the "Next Big Thing" (pun very much intended), than to stick around out of some misguided sense of "loyalty", while their bodies and minds breakdown.

As for the question, IF Lesnar were to face the current incarnation of Mark "Hall of Pain" Henry I think that Lesnar would destroy him. Lesnar had more of "IT" in his pinky than Henry has in his entire bloated body. When Lesnar showed up people instantly thought "STAR". When I see Henry I think, "why is he STILL employed after 15 years?"

I personally don't understand all of the Lesnar hatred for "walking away". Much like all of the Rock hatred when he "walked away", it is entirely undeserved, and something that they should BOTH be applauded for.

It's not like Lesnar went to the WWE looking for work, THEY recruited HIM straight out of college, offered him free training and a lot of money to do something that I'm sure seemed like a lot of fun for a small town kid. Be on TV, see the world, have fun and make a bunch of money doing it... who wouldn't at least think about that kind of offer?

And then once he "made the big time" he realized that he didn't want to do it anymore, and before he became a cripple who was addicted to painkillers and booze at the age of 30 he walked away to do something that he thought that he would like to do better. He asked for his release, and even signed a ridiculous 10 year non-compete clause that I'm sure was only put in by WWE to scare him into staying, and tried to do something that he always wanted to do, play for the NFL. Did that work out? No, but he tried, which is a lot better than most of us can say.

It seems like people like Austin and Edge, who walk away early because of injury, get applauded for "knowing when to walk away" (well, except for Hogan who would have rather seen Edge and Austin in a wheelchair before hanging up the boots), yet people like Lesnar and Rock get shit on for walking away when they still had their health pretty much intact, and would simply rather do other things.

I for one would rather see someone show up, make a good living for himself and his family, and then walk away when they no longer enjoy it and make room for the "Next Big Thing" (pun very much intended), than to stick around out of some misguided sense of "loyalty", while their bodies and minds breakdown.

As for the question, IF Lesnar were to face the current incarnation of Mark "Hall of Pain" Henry I think that Lesnar would destroy him. Lesnar had more of "IT" in his pinky than Henry has in his entire bloated body. When Lesnar showed up people instantly thought "STAR". When I see Henry I think, "why is he STILL employed after 15 years?"

I agree. But fans generally dont care about wrestlers having career changes or retiring "early". To us they're a product -A product created by creative personnel, designed to entertain us. They don't look at the person who plays the character to having a family or wanting good health when they're older. Hogan, Funk and Flair are polar opposites and are also examples of how Wrestlers should not end up.

Lesnar will be back one day he will probably lose to Overeem and then lose his next fight after that and he wont be as bankable in the UFC anymore.

so I definatly see him back in the WWE within the next 2 or 3 years for sure

If Lesnar did ever come back he will get a huge push despite not leaving on the best of terms. It might be away to draw in UFCs big fan base and he is still a big name in the Wrestling world. They would easily feed him Henry and put him back in the WOrld title picture. There would be so many big money feuds for Lesnar like Cena, Orton, Punk or the Taker.

I hated Lesnar's WWE run. Every minute of it. Big guys often bore me in pro wrestling and Lesnar did not deserve the push he got.

Brock Lesnar was a once in a generation talent dude. The guy is a freak of nature. To be that big, that strong and that good at such a young age was unbelievable. If a talent like that turns up, you make the most of it and that is what WWE tried to do.

If he had remained with the company, I really think Brock Lesnar would go down as one of the best wrestlers of all time. He literally had everything. The size, the strength, the body, the mat skills, the power, the look, the charisma. Just go back and look at his debut, the fans immediately reacted to him, look at his match against Undertaker in the HIAC and tell me that bores you.

Lesnar was a very special talent, and WWE has been lacking someone like him since he left the business. He would have been THE MAN

I don't think we have debated on here before, Naitch. Time to change that since I really disagree with your response.

Brock Lesnar was a once in a generation talent dude. The guy is a freak of nature. To be that big, that strong and that good at such a young age was unbelievable. If a talent like that turns up, you make the most of it and that is what WWE tried to do.

I find him to be incredibly over-rated. I've enjoyed his UFC run and that is where he belongs. I hated how he more or less got everything handed to him, just because of how he looked. "Oh, you're huge so we're going to make you our champion". Nothing ticks me off in wrestling more than that mentality. If smaller guys have to earn it then bigger guys should have to as well. Nothing will ever change my mind on that one. It's been a pet peeve for YEARS.

If he had remained with the company, I really think Brock Lesnar would go down as one of the best wrestlers of all time. He literally had everything. The size, the strength, the body, the mat skills, the power, the look, the charisma. Just go back and look at his debut, the fans immediately reacted to him, look at his match against Undertaker in the HIAC and tell me that bores you.

I beg to differ, Naitch.... He was good, but one of the best of all time? Come on. People on here give Lesnar WAY too much credit. Yes he had the look and was good in the ring for someone his size, but he never deserved the push he got and I hated most of his matches. Funny that you should point out the Undertaker HIAC match, since my wrestling fanboyism was at an all-time low right about that time. I hated Lesnar, LOATHED American Badass, and just couldn't stand the direction the product was headed at the time. Had it not been for Cena I might have walked away from wrestling forever. That match not only bored me, it really upset me.

Lesnar was a very special talent, and WWE has been lacking someone like him since he left the business. He would have been THE MAN

I would have been fine with him being THE MAN if he earned it. Everyone should have to work their way up. The way he was shoved down fans' throats was not acceptable and WWE deserves what they got when he up and left after everything was handed to him. I bet that if he had to work his way up then he might have stayed. If it's too easy to get to the top, why stick around when you can find challenges elsewhere? He did find them elsewhere, in MMA. He's better off there. Those matches entertain. Lesnar VS Henry? Talk about the ultimate excuse to go to the fridge for a snack, since that's all it would be for me.

i don't want or think that brock comes back only to take away the heat on mark henry, it's a stupid idea and doesn't makes any sense. now that i took that away from me...

i have two candidates for ending the run of henry:

1.- Sheamus: he's the golden boy right now, he's on a winning streak since he turned face (take away the loss against barret and you have like 2 or 3 months of constant winning), they want to establish him as the next beast and unbeatable face (something like cena), but i'm not sure if he will because he doesn't sell any merchandise...

2.- Daniel Bryan: ok, this is what i want to happen, because this would really establish Bryan as THE man, but i know this is not what vince has in mind, so i'm not holding my thoughts on that...

I rather see Henry pin Lesnar. Whats the love affair with Brock? The guy got pushed to the moon and then left and tried to become a football player. :lmao: Brock is still bitching about Austin. I'm glad Lesnar never beat him.

He will come back to WWE when his UFC days are over. He's just looking for a big paycheck. Probably come back and wrestle somone like Cena or Orton at WM and that will be it.

WOW Brock Lesnar is a much less popular guy on the forums than I thought.

In all honesty he managed to give us plenty of fantastic matches within only a year and a 3/4 of one in WWE. Despite the fact that he quit professional wrestling for football (which wasn't a smashing success as he thought it would be) he is still one of the great superstars of the past decade. Look at any of his matches with Kurt Angle and honestly tell me that any of them are bad, hell even most of his matches without Angle were mostly good. The man was a monster in the ring which was his character in itself, he could also be a great technician as he has shown. As far as his paycheck goes what wrestler would wrestle for a low paycheck? It may be higher than the regular workers but hey Brock is a much bigger star than any non main event talent in WWE whether or not he works for them. Back to the thread topic, JWG said it the best, a Mark Henry (Current gimmick)/ Brock Lesnar feud would be absolutely killer!

In the of the day Brock Lesnar may never return to WWE, hell he will probably never return, but you can not deny the man's talent regardless of his personal intentions to leave the company.

Would you be interested in a Brock Lesnar vs Mark Henry feud?
Not really, because it would be predictable. I'd certainly be interested in Brock's return, but it would become obvious that their plan would be to feed Henry to him immediately, just as they fed a bunch of big stars to him when he debuted. And we saw what happened the last time they did that.

IF it were to happen would Lesnar finally be the one to terminate the Hall of Pain?
Yes. See above.

In all likeliness (reality) who do you think is the guy that will eventually take down Mark Henry after months of destroying superstars?[/QUOTE]
From the way things look right now, it's going to be either Daniel Bryan or Sheamus. I would love to think that Big Show has a chance of getting a last run as champion, but I highly doubt that that's the case. They're building up Sheamus as the next big face, and Bryan has the MITB and a huge underdog angle possibly coming up. It wouldn't surprise me at all to see the three of them in a Triple Threat match for the title at WrestleMania.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back