Bringing back the Womens Title

GeTiTT

Pre-Show Stalwart
i was watching the match at NXT takerover with Charolette vs. Bayley and it is no doubt that Charolette will be called to the main roster sooner then later. However, with so many Divas now on the main roster and with WWE focusing on more then 1 even 2 divas feuds at a time. i think they need to reincarnate the Womens title.

Obviously the Womens title will be the premiere title in the divison, equivalent to the WWE Heavyweight title. While the Divas title will be the secondary title equivalent to what the IC title is.

My idea is that Charolette makes her main roster debut still the NXT womens champion. William Regal strips her of the title like JBL did to Paige. Ric Flair comes out and fights how his daughter is a born champion. Talks about the Flair legacy and Triple H and Stephanie back him up and appoint her the new WWE Women's Champion.

Contenders for the Women's Title would be as follows.
Charolette
Natalya
Paige
AJ
Tamina
Naomi

Contenders for the Diva's Title would be as follows:
Brie Bella
Nikki Bella
Summer Rae
Layla
Alicia Fox
Emma

the contenders are basically seperated by wrestling skills and popuarity.

i know how most people feel about the Divas division but you guys cant deny that WWE is taking strides to improve the division both in ring and storylines.

Well WWE has two mid-card titles right now and how important have they made them again? So, how exactly would adding another Women's title improve things in that division? Besides, it's all about how the titles and division are booked. Let things continue to improve first and then let's discuss whether or not WWE needs two separate women's divisions with two separate titles. TNA tried to have two women's titles (Knockout's and Knockout's tag team) and how well did that work out?

Is this really a good idea? Let's face it, most fans have become bored with the diva's matches as is. Do you really think adding another title will change things? The way they are booking AJ's and Paige's feud is pretty much crap right now. If it wasn't for me getting a boner during most of their matches (Paige, AJ, & Naomi especially) I would either skip on the DVR or be taking a bathroom break. The division itself needs to be totally revamped. Total Divas shouldn't be used to book matches. The Bellas, Cameron, Summer Rae, and Eva Marie shouldn't even be in the ring. They should be valets or models in my opinion. The WWE could use more managers like Lana.

the TNA womens tag team titles didnt work in TNA because there were no real tag teams other than the beautiful people. which is why i didnt suggest that for WWE.

As the NXT divas begin to filter onto the main roster its going to begin to revamp the division and competition.

Didn't they have some kind of Women's Intercontinental title or something way back long ago?

I seriously don't feel like there's enough of a roster to warrant adding another women's title. I mean, there not even a deep enough roster to hold a Women's tag team title, and even TNA has that. Or had that. Maybe if the WWE took women's wrestling just a bit more seriously (I don't want to say "gave it more screen time", because it's gotten more screen time in the most horrible of ways...), it might warrant a second look.

Didn't they have some kind of Women's Intercontinental title or something way back long ago?

I seriously don't feel like there's enough of a roster to warrant adding another women's title. I mean, there not even a deep enough roster to hold a Women's tag team title, and even TNA has that. Or had that. Maybe if the WWE took women's wrestling just a bit more seriously (I don't want to say "gave it more screen time", because it's gotten more screen time in the most horrible of ways...), it might warrant a second look.

No, there was a Women's Tag in the 19080s but not Women's IC... And there were only four women tag teams to hold those titles. I'm going to guess that since it was the 80s and there wasn't much love for women doing what men should be doing, the WWE didn't have the fan support to continue nor the interest.

As for the main topic, I think the WWE and TNA both should treat their women's divisions like their male divisions. Give them a main title (Women's), a secondary title (Diva's), and a tag team. It gives the sense that these women are on the same level as their male counterpart, or at least close to it. And no, I don't think separating the way the OP did would work. Why? Because those divas are boring to watch in programs... except for Paige and Natalya.

I'm going to go a different direction and say they should just do away with the divas division all together. It's just a personal preference. I find the matches boring. I find the acting terrible. I'm not bashing those who enjoy it. To each their own. Maybe not even do away with it but move the majority of it down to NXT. As I said, just my feeling.

I don't look for the Women's Championship to be brought back anytime soon. Vince McMahon is a guy who enjoys buzzwords a whole helluva lot. Male wrestlers can't simply be "wrestlers" anymore, they have to be "Superstars" whereas female wrestlers have to be "Divas." It can't be "professional wrestling" in Vince's presence, it has to be called "Sports Entertainment."

Generally speaking, I think the biggest problem isn't so much the championship as being branded a "Diva." Whenever I hear the term Diva, I think of some spoiled, pampered, entitled, egomaniacal bitch who believes she's the center of the universe. When I hear a female athlete called a "Diva", I don't get the image of this tough, competitive gal that's looking to throw down. It's an image that Vince has spent much of the past 15 years cultivating and it's one that I'm not sure WWE will be able to change as long as Vince McMahon is the true decision maker.

It's not entirely accurate and it does seem to be an image that WWE is slowly moving away from due to Triple H's growing influence. However, it's ultimately still more about the image in Vince's eyes than anything else.

WWE cannot even make their midcard belts for the male wrestlers matter, so why would they make it to where there was a second divas title? The brand lines have not been relevant since 2011 and therefore there is no need to have two different titles for the divas. There are also not enough divas to push for a second title. The division is the strongest it has been in almost 8 years, but that is not enough to justify risking ruining that momentum by adding a second title into the mix. The Divas Championship is enough. Want the Womens Championship back? Retire the design of the current Divas Championship then bring back the look of the Womens Championship with a red or pink strap. That's what I'd rather see. Splitting the current roster of divas further into two title tiers wouldn't work. Here is how it should be split up using the current main divas roster:

Championship Tier
AJ Lee
Emma
Layla
Natalya
Paige
Summer Rae

Jobber Tier
Alicia Fox
Brie Bella
Cameron
Eva Marie
Naomi
Nikki Bella
Rosa Mendes
Tamina Snuka

Do you really want to see the same feuds over and over again amongst half of the championship tier, or more of the jobber tier getting title shots they aren't good enough for? WWE would put forth next to zero effort into a second Womens Championship and it would be nothing more than a waste of time. The Divas Championship alone will suffice until they reach the point where they have enough divas on the main roster who can actually work a match, and even then it would make for a more interesting division if the list of potential challengers for the one title is longer.

Nah, they just unified the two women's belts back in like 2011 or something and there were only two belts for a couple of years, maybe even less. I don't remember exactly when but I recall it involved Michelle and Beth who were the best girls at the time. This was likely because they reached the point where they were only defending one or the other most PPVs, and there weren't (and still aren't) enough girls to justify two belts.

Changing the "Divas' Title" back into the Women's Title, with its far greater name and extensive history, yes I'd be all for that. The Divas' Title is not the one that was held by Trish for a record 5 times or something. The Divas' Title was not dumped in the trash live on Nitro. The Divas' Title does not have that history. But then I suppose the Divas is something they can trademark and promote as a brand. So ... eh.

But anyway, no more two belts. Maybe once they bring up some more NXT girls (personally can't wait for a few of them to come up, just hope they get the air time) they could consider Women's Tag again, possibly at an absolute push.

Generally speaking, I think the biggest problem isn't so much the championship as being branded a "Diva." Whenever I hear the term Diva, I think of some spoiled, pampered, entitled, egomaniacal bitch who believes she's the center of the universe. When I hear a female athlete called a "Diva", I don't get the image of this tough, competitive gal that's looking to throw down. It's an image that Vince has spent much of the past 15 years cultivating and it's one that I'm not sure WWE will be able to change as long as Vince McMahon is the true decision maker.

It's not entirely accurate and it does seem to be an image that WWE is slowly moving away from due to Triple H's growing influence. However, it's ultimately still more about the image in Vince's eyes than anything else.

I just wanted to reinforce Jack's point here as well; completely agree that the label "Diva" is misogynistic as fuck and extremely inappropriate. Hopefully it does seem like Trips is pushing for a move away from this if NXT's women are anything to go by.

Naomi in the jobber tier? What is it, because she's black? Because Naomi has no issues holding her own with the "championship tier" divas.

Your "championship tier" are the white girls and all the minorities are the "jobbers". Wow I didn't know Bill Watts posted here, it's exciting to talk wrestling with The Cowboy.

Personally I prefered the Female Champion being called the "WWE Women's Champion" rather than "WWE Diva's Champion", and I prefer the classic Women's Title belt rather than the pink sparkly piece of shit they use now, but at the end of the day it's the same thing- a singles title for the female wrestlers. So I'm not that bothered what it's called, both belts did the same thing.

But they DO NOT need a secondary womens title. There are enough talented Diva's on the roster to make the 1 belt relevant- people like Paige, AJ, Natalya etc plus the likes of Charlotte who will be on the main shows sooner rather than later. But there isn't enough strength in the depth in the division to warrant a second belt. Plus, half the audience use the womens matches as a piss break, so wouldn't want additional matches anyway.

I really think a 2nd belt would end us as much use as the TNA Knockouts Tag Team Titles- and they were fucking useless.

I don't feel the need to watch 2 diva feuds where 1 of them is between irrelevant jobbers. We have 2 feuds now and the "diva" feud is beyond cringeworhty.

Women's championship is a good name and that should be it. Maybe after Vince steps down we can have that.

I wouldn't say WWE is trying hard to improve the divas division that much really. The only reason the divas division is remotely decent is because of AJ and Paige. And before Paige it was just AJ. I would think after Naomi comes back she gets a chance because she's very athletic and pretty decent in the ring. It only seems like they are trying to improve it because of the forced bella feud that nobody cares about.

Naomi in the jobber tier? What is it, because she's black? Because Naomi has no issues holding her own with the "championship tier" divas.

Your "championship tier" are the white girls and all the minorities are the "jobbers". Wow I didn't know Bill Watts posted here, it's exciting to talk wrestling with The Cowboy.

Lol dude chill, that's just Dagger's opinion on where the current girls stand. He's not the kind of guy to judge based on race, trust me... you'll notice Dagger has included Layla in his upper bracket and although she's British she's like descended from Moroccans or something.

But I agree that Naomi is quite underrated and I'd like to see her win the belt - preferably the Women's Title rather than Divas as we have all been discussing.

Regarding the OP and the NXT belt idea, I think it needs to stay on NXT. It's a fairly esteemed title now and it shows which girls have good ring skills. That's the only place for a second women's belt, on the developmental brand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back