BREAKING NEWS: WWE Finally Gets Guns N' Roses for Theme Music

Randolph H

Pre-Show Stalwart
Music

Music is an integral part of the entertainment experience linking the WWE brand with popular music across all media platforms including television, film, radio, video games, live events, ring tones and other emerging digital technologies. In addition to composing, producing, and recording most of our music, including Superstar entrance themes, WWE Music Group licenses commercial music for use across a variety of cable television and pay-per-view programming needs.

In our continuing efforts to work with current and established artists along with developing artists, we are presently working with AC/DC, Metallica, and Guns N’ Roses tying their newest album releases and music into our programming and web content. These bands are part of along list of artists involved with the WWE Music Group family which include, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Foo Fighters, Peter Gabriel, Aretha Franklin, Ozzy Osbourne, Snoop Dogg, Lifehouse, Timbaland, The Hives, John Legend, and most recently U2, Kid Rock, Three 6 Mafia, and DMX.

Finishing touches are being put on our newest album, WWE The Music “Volume 9” to be released January 27, 2009, via our partner, Columbia Records. This album will be loaded with unreleased WWE Superstar entrance themes, as well as themes from the past 25 years, to commemorate the milestone of the 25th anniversary of WrestleMania.

In the upcoming quarter, WWE pay-per-views will feature music from rockers AC/DC and Guns N’ Roses using their singles as the official PPV theme songs. Also, our annual Tribute To The Troops special will feature music from John Lennon, Bob Dylan and other artists.

http://corporate.wwe.com/company/consumer.jsp

This is Big! Maybe we could finally see a GNR Performance at Wrestlemania?

I dunno man. I don't like Guns 'n Roses without Axl Rose. And what's funny is Axl Rose is useless without the Roses.

But it's freakin' sweet to know that they may integrate some professional mainstream music into their programming rather than in-house productions and production library themes. It helps their image. And hey, who knows, maybe one day we'll see any of those mentioned perform at WrestleMania like you said.

I agree HK, there can't be a new Guns 'N Roses with some of the original band members, plus some new ones. Without the original band members, it sounds crap.

Ayway, i'm glad that the WWE are going to start using music from artists eerybody will know, because a lot of the artists they use, I hadn't even heard of before the WWE. It will help the WWE because maybe, just maybe, someone will check it out because it has their favourite song on it, and it will help promote the artist to the WWE audience. But I don't think we'll see Guns 'N Roses, or Metallica performing at Wrestlemania. Its just not something they would do.

Personally, I could care less. While its good business, and you can't fault them for it, I just find it annoying that each PPV keeps shilling out a random CD of some generic rock music. Since January of 07, there has only been one song from all of the ppvs that I actually liked enough to download, and that was "Snow". The rest, they all just sound the same to me...and frankly, I'm so tired of hearing the announcers claim that each one of the bands is their favorite. Its like they were all bitten by Tazz and developed the same "I'm a big fan of ____" disease he has.

I'm actually a huge fan of the production music itself. All those movie trailer songs and such, I've researched them for a long while from different films and TV shows. In fact, if you count the WWE production songs (like "Armageddon [Break the Code]" that was used for some of Jericho's Save_Us videos) and all the other companies (Immediate Music, Brand X Music, X-Ray Dog, etc), I've got hundreds of songs that I've gathered. "Desala" is one of the best production songs that the WWE has, which I'm sure you'd all recognize if you heard it on its own. "Revelations" is another fantastic one, used for the "All Grown Up" ads for WrestleMania 23. So on and so forth. I'd much rather listen to "Legends of a Hero" (used for WM24's Orton/Cena/HHH build) than just some loud rock music that has no identity. If they were songs that I could distinguish amongst themselves, it'd be different, but if you played any of the ppv theme songs and asked me to match them up, I'd be lost.

Originally posted by Hardcore Kennedy
I dunno man. I don't like Guns 'n Roses without Axl Rose. And what's funny is Axl Rose is useless without the Roses.

Then you should be happy, no? Axl is the only original member left in Guns n Roses. The actual back bone of the band are now Velvet Revolver

Then you should be happy, no? Axl is the only original member left in Guns n Roses. The actual back bone of the band are now Velvet Revolver

1. Velvet Revolver got dropped from their label yesterday.

2. Chinese Democracy is the #5 top modern rock song in the USA according to billboard charts. It has been the fastest rising single.

3. The Album Chinese Democracy has already sold 5 million world wide and it hasn't even been released yet (more than Velvet Revolvers albums combined).

I am one of the few that has heard the album in full and it is a masterpiece. While it is no Appetite for Destruction, it has clearly moved forward while keeping all the elements from the past. The new band isn't the new band which you seen during the 2002 MTV VMA's. They look and sound like a real rock band.

Marketing wise it was a very good choice for the WWE.

Wow. Awesome. This is only about...what, 20 years late? Does anyone care anymore? GNR are probably the single most overrated band in the history of rock and roll. They made all of one good album, and even that wasn't really that amazing. These guys haven't meant shit in over 15 years, so good job WWE in jumping on that train while it was still popular, eh?

Axl Rose is a gigantic fucking waste of human flesh. He'll fit in perfectly with the other music the WWE chooses to use (the obvious and only exception being Motorhead).

2. Chinese Democracy is the #5 top modern rock song in the USA according to billboard charts. It has been the fastest rising single.

Which clearly equates to the song being good. Because obviously if it's on the top modern rock charts, it must be a good song. That's how this thing works right? That's why the Macarina is the greatest piece of musical art ever created.

I am one of the few that has heard the album in full and it is a masterpiece. While it is no Appetite for Destruction, it has clearly moved forward while keeping all the elements from the past. The new band isn't the new band which you seen during the 2002 MTV VMA's. They look and sound like a real rock band.

You have GOT to be kidding me. A fucking MASTERPIECE?!?!?!? And you aren't one of the few, millions upon millions of people have already downloaded the songs from this album six months ago. How is this album a masterpiece? There isn't a single good song on the entire piece of crap. It might've passed for mediocre in the 80s, but now it's just sad. By far the largest waste of money in music history.

Wow, I kinda turned that into a big insult. Sorry about that, wasn't intending on doing that. But seriously, Chinese Democracy is one of the shittiest albums I've heard in ages. There isn't a single even slightly creative or intelligent song on the entire album. You'd think with so much time and money put into it, they'd atleast be able to make a few songs that weren't exactly the same as their previous albums. It's the same thing with AC/DC. Your formula for rock songs worked great for the first few albums; but after more then that, it's just fucking old and boring. We've already heard it before ten million times.

Its not like WWE are actually going to get a chance to use it since the world is going to end when Chinese Democracy actually is available for sale.

But anyway, getting the Gunners on board is a good move for a PPV. While Axl may be a wanker and numerous other things he still has created some of the best music in the last 20 years since Appetite for Destruction came out. In reality it is Guns 'N' Roses in name only. It is really just Axls little band. While Velvet Revolver have more or less failed as an entity three of its members were key parts of Guns 'N' Roses and Chinese Democracy will be a lesser G 'N' R album because of it.
Comeon X, the WWE haven't been completely shitty in the choice for music, Metallica as a theme song for a PPV this year was a good move, considering the song that they used is one of the average ones on that album. And Nofate007 they haven't just used generic rock songs, the song for Cyber Sunday is not Rock. Pendulum has never been Rock, it is electro more than anything.

No, The biggest Piece of SHIT was the Spagetti Incident. That was GARBAGE. The Chinese democracy is a good album. I wouldn't say Masterpiece either and it sure doesn't compare to Appetite. I have ALWAYS been a GNR fan and went to see GNR in concert a couple of years back. Axl actually does have a ROCK BAND now. They sounded really good live and Axl believe it or not WAS SOBER and sounded probably the best I have ever heard him.

I like the move by WWE and look forward to seeing if they do Wrestlemania.

Go to WWE.com than type armageddon in the search field, click the 1st link and it takes you to the armageddon page. It looks like Chinese Democracy is the theme song for this years Armageddon. I was hoping for "the End" to come back, but after last year and now this year it looks like that is a gone song.

I miss the days when everyone's theme music was written for them. I was just thinking the other day about how many pops are ruined when someone comes out because their music starts with like Monster Magnet or Crossfade vocals. No one, absolutely no one, has something equitable to the "Breaking Glass" of Austin's intro (don't think I'm an Austin mark, I'm not).

How about instead of trying to push the latest nu-metal band, we try to push wrestlers through well-written entrances that can enhance their persona?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back