**BREAKING NEWS** Jerry Lawler arrested for soliciting a prostitute

Rayne

Sally Section
Jerry Lawler Arrested in Atlanta, Charged With Soliciting a Prostitute

ATLANTA, GA- Professional wrestling legend and WWE announcer Jerry "The King" Lawler was arrested this morning by Forest Lake police on charges which include soliciting a prostitute and public intoxication.

Lawler, 61, was taken into custody around 3:00am after he was seen having a loud argument with an unidentified female on Hendrix Drive. After a brief investigation, arresting officer Vera Scity concluded that Mr. Lawler was intoxicated and determined to take him into custody. The unidentified female then claimed that Mr. Lawler had agreed to pay $200 for sex, but then paid only $40. According to Forest Lake police, Lawler had been released on $1,000 cash bail.

Mr. Lawler released a brief statement this morning through his lawyer, Herr Schitz. "These allegations are completely untrue. I am anxious for the truth to be revealed, and am confident that I will be exonerated."

Jerry Lawler is known to millions of Americans as the voice of the WWE's Monday Night Raw, and is in town for this year's "Wrestlemania", scheduled for this Sunday in Atlanta.
Wow.

So how's this going to affect this year's Wrestlemania? Jerry Lawler had been positioned for a huge role this year, complete with having to teach Michael Cole how to act and wrestle. Can the WWE continue with this match, knowing that one of the major performers is facing serious charges? How many people are going to skip this part of the post and miss the April Fools' Day joke?

Very interesting. I think that the match will still go on but depending on how mad Vince is and what happened is true, I believe they may book Cole to go over Lawler. Jerry's Wrestlemania moment may go out the window because of this but I expect more information to come out over the weekend.

Forget about Mania...Lawler could well be fired for this.

God...this match has generated so much heat...both real and fake...(what with this, and Cole's gay slur) Vince can't jus let this slip by the wayside. He'll ride this out for all it's worth, and then dole out punishment.

i dont see any of it when i looked it up it might just be a cruel april fools joke or it might further the storyline with cole/lawler with cole using that to his advantage to harrass lawler on tv more who knows but we will see more as it develops

Apparently quite a few people will fail to read the last part of the post and forget what day it is.

I wonder how much of a sense of humor the mod's have (or don't have)?

Apparently quite a few people will fail to read the last part of the post and forget what day it is.

I wonder how much of a sense of humor the mod's have (or don't have)?

Heheheh, yes. A good one.

I was about to be like "arresting someone for engaging in voluntary behavior...SMH.

Until the joke.

It wont effect it at all. He is out on bail, and the situation wont come to fruition for months down the line. When it does, he will probably receive a slap on the wrist.

It will have zero effect on anything

arresting officer: Vera Scity = 'Veracity' = LMAO
Lawyer: Herr Schitz. In German, that's Mr. Shitz. LMFAO

But I don't get why the "arrest" had to take place in damn-near Macon GA (Forest Lake). That one's a head scratcher.

Still, good joke!

:lmao::lmao::lmao: That was a good joke. To the people who didn't catch the joke you are really stupid. 1. If Lawler had really been arrested wrestlezone would have been all over the story so it would be on the front page. 2. Its April 1. :rolleyes:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

LMAO. For everyone that either

A) Didn't read the entire post,

or

B) Was just to stupid to realize that if this was the truth it would be the HEADLINE on WZ.com

I salute you my friends. Because anyone dumb enough to believe this is truly an April Fool.

Good post man. Shear Genius.

Haha! ...I'm kicking myself for not thinking up an April Fool's joke of my own like this one. It's also pretty funny seeing the first few posts, I bet most of them just read the "meat & potatoes" immediately so they could be the first to respond to this thread.

I'm assuming you just put the bit in at the end so that this thread wouldn't be considered "spamming" (or whatever)? Even though I'm kicking myself for not thinking of trying to fool everyone today before you did, I wouldn't have thought to include the April Fool's bit at the end...and my WZ account would have probably been suspended, LOL!

LOL! Again, good one! This actually seems like something that could really happen, I applaud you for giving just enough details to make it believable (too many details could have made it even more obvious than you giving it away at the end of the post). When I got to the Herr Shitz part, I started to wonder...then realized the date, just before seeing your last line. Nice touch on including the "quote" as well...near-perfect deception!

To be honest, when I read the title of the thread I chuckled to myself (before I read the actual post, and realized this is/was a fake story). This totally seems like something the King would and could get busted for, although it seems more like late-1990s King. Wow, this would have been insane if it really happened. Green Rep for you, Rayne! Great joke! Haha! There are 451 people viewing as of my post!

LMAO. Good one.

This one also goes to show how EASY it is to make up a dirt-sheet rumor. You just need the right outlet and WHAMO - the IWC eats it up and it becomes "truth" thanks to tireless repetition.

as soon as i read the headline i knew this was an april fools..... its in the same bane as

Arsenal have won a trophy
Messi to West Ham
John Cena not having 5 moves

although, if it was real.... you'd give him a slap round the head if you were VKM for being so stupid... especially with the coleminers still reeling from MC's latest stupidity

The only effect I see this having at all on the match is that it'll just give Cole shit to use against Lawler, I fully expect at some point in the night, most likely his pre-match promo, for Cole to bring this up in another attempt to further embarrass Lawler, and possibly we'll see King receive a stunner post match, when SCSA does his usual post match stunner fest

The only thing that bothers me about this, is that the mods aren't mad about it. I have gotten warnings for simply telling someone that their signature picture was AWESOME. Yes i didn't bash them, I said it was AWESOME and I got warned for it.

Other than that, I love it. Not because of the actual joke, but the fact you picked thee perfect superstar to do it with. Lawler is reknowned for his relationships with women. His on air "puppies" gimmick. You couldn't have picked a better superstar to draw this off of.
I don't rep many people because hell no one really reps me and I barely ever agree with anyone, so kudos to you for the clever pick. I shall rep you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back