Breaking: Enzo Amore is Released

Well there goes Enzo. You're right, OP, there must be something to this. I wouldn't be surprised if it did happen and Enzo admitted that it did too. So certain there wasn't actually any tangible proof yet, it must have been some sort of admission.

If he did it, he's a total cunt.

Or more likely he didn't take kindly to the suspension and mouthed off to the wrong person.
Bear in mind this guy had to be sent back to the hospital... it's not unlikely he may have "shown up anyway" when he was told not to and pissed someone off.

In reality though, the press are already trawling the sewer of WWE's past, including Vince's issue... THAT rather than "hard evidence" at this stage is more likely - get rid as soon as possible as it's gonna be hard enough defending the past without this clown as well.

yeah there must have been something, plus even suspended keeping him around could make wwe look bad, and they have investors and sponsors to worry about

What happens to the now-vacated Cruiserweight title and 205 Live? Enzo couldn't try to act professional and stay on the company's good side (and not telling WWE he was under investigation). As it is with Steroid ring that has Roman Reigns' name in it, Rumble-Wrestlemania season, Stockholders and TV deal discussions, this is the last thing WWE needs right now.

Even if it is false, the overall narrative(of the night) has been corroborated by more than one person....and it wasn't a good situation to be involved in.

Its yet another headache in a series of many, for a marginal performer.

And that's that I guess. Either Enzo got nailed with some hard evidence or WWE is just playing it super safe until he's proven innocent. After all, Vince fired Daniel Bryan for three months just so the Nexus tie-choking incident could blow over. Wonder how they'll address it on TV. Will they flat-out say he's been fired with Corey Graves dancing a little jig in celebration?

A shame because, as annoying as Enzo could be, the dude had undeniable charisma and was one of the best natural talkers of the modern era. Not that it matters in this situation, but WWE really shouldn't have split up him and Big Cass. But if Enzo is gone for good at least Cass can move on to something fresh once he gets back.

As for the title, we'll likely get either Cedric vs Gulak for the belt or a perhaps a return of the Cruiserweight Open. I'd prefer to the see the former.

They released Nash from his Legends deal when he got into a domestic incident with his son. They brought him back when that was cleared up. If Enzo is exonerated, and the accuser is found to have fabricated her allegations, he should be brought back.

The report going around is that Enzo knew he was being investigated and didn't tell WWE officials about it. They didn't find out about the ordeal until it made the media rounds, and that rightfully upset them and they gave him the axe.

Not for nothing, but there were a lot of rumors a while back that Enzo was kicked off his college football team for legal issues. Every time the subject came up, he seemed very unwilling to speak about them. Doesn't mean anything, but given the near constant rumors of the type of person he is backstage, coupled with a possibly iffy past, and failing to inform your employer you are being investigated for a sexual crime, I can't say I'm surprised he got let go.

Rainbow's mention of Enzo keeping the investigation quiet from WWE is one I literally read just this second and is indeed being named as the reason for his release. The story that's out right now is that the status of the allegations and charges against him haven't changed, so no hard evidence has been discovered, Enzo didn't mouth off after being suspended or anything. Basically, as Rainbow said, Enzo knew he was being investigated and neglected to tell WWE about it, causing them to discover it like everyone else did through social media.

To me, Enzo is someone who should've been a mouthpiece because he sucked as a wrestler. He simply doesn't have good in-ring capabilities but he's loaded with personality so he could've been put to use for someone who wasn't all that comfy on the mic. As for his release, I don't see how anyone could blame WWE for it because he ran the risk of opening the company up to hostile publicity and criticism. Also, I think it goes to show just how screwed up Enzo's decision making is as I honestly don't see how he expected to keep this thing quiet.

Enzo would actually do well on the Indy scene and maybe a bigger company if he got good management and people around him to keep him away from going too overboard, but still, keep him being a total trainwreck on TMZ and what not. Being in WWE and having a wrestling leash around his neck actually hinders a guy like him rather than helping push the narrative that's he's some kind of star. He's definitely a talent you don't want to sign for anything long term because just looking by looking at him and his nature he's a threat to a publically traded company shooting for inclusion and equality. With that being said if you didn't handle him like a wrestler and more of just an entertainer you could more freely exploit someone who's a natural attention seeking and self-destructive loser, but dump him immediately to drown in his own mistakes.

He got fired for more than "just an accusation". If this investigation had been going on for months now and was filed off of an actual police report or hospital visit by the possible victim that's already deeper than "just an accusation". It hasn't been dismissed yet and Enzo would have been aware of this for quite a while now and probably wouldn't have informed WWE. Which is a guaranteed and deserved firing in any job regarding any serious crime that could reflect badly on a company whether it be directly or indirectly. Even if he did when a topic like this gains traction in the current big business & social climate it means nothing but losing money due to one idiot putting himself in a compromising position at the expense of the company. If this was Reigns, Ambrose, Rollins, etc. it might be worth it to stick it out and even sweep it under the rug, but in the case of Enzo it's nothing more than paying to light an empty room.

If it's true, hope he goes to jail and the same if not much worse happens to him. Being fired from a lot of peoples dream job and hung by the media is great as well. Justice would be great whether it be delivered by a courtroom or just karma. If not, hope the WWE stands their ground and doesn't ease up on this just because of idiotic fans. Vince has seen plenty of stuff much worse than this and I'm sure so have a majority of the people who've been there for years. I'm sure they'll handle it properly, at least by wrestling standards and logic. Also, that Enzo learns a lesson and doesn't have his career totally f***ed by an accusation.

Also, even just the conversation between people attacking and defending Enzo makes WWE look bad. One of the guys representing your Network you've been pushing for years now and your entire product on a show pretty much centered around him is hanging out with drug addicts and sketchy people in hotels. Every single news story is going to brand Enzo a WWE guy and this is the smart and reasonable move for any company. There are 20 more entertaining people on the roster anyway if you're actually into wrestling so no harm was done anyway.

R.I.P. Entertaining Enzo Amore's career *Probably*. A shoot interview site better capitalize on this while they can. Everyday pain coming from someone who did literally anything decently memorable in the wrestling business is guaranteed to sell to someone. Do hope he is found not guilty and this girl just turns out to lie, because I don't want anyone to lose out on their dream job or anyone to get drugged and raped. Gotta just hope for the best out of an all around damaging situation.

Note: I come off really moralistic and even insincere in this post, but that's pretty much every post.

I always thought they were going to release him after I read about this story. I don’t know what happens backstage between WWE and Enzo but it was clear that WWE didn’t like him at some point and I think that relationship never really mended, so it was a great excuse for WWE to release him. If it didn’t happen now it wouldn’t of taken much longer.

Not telling WWE is weird but if he didn’t do it then I can totally see why he wouldn’t of told WWE, because he probably would’ve been released anyways. Im not sure if he’s done it. If I had to guess right now I would say he didn’t do it mainly because there isn’t any charges yet and the investigation started pretty much straight away but I’m still going to sit on the fence here.

I always thought they were going to release him after I read about this story. I don’t know what happens backstage between WWE and Enzo but it was clear that WWE didn’t like him at some point and I think that relationship never really mended, so it was a great excuse for WWE to release him. If it didn’t happen now it wouldn’t of taken much longer.

Not telling WWE is weird but if he didn’t do it then I can totally see why he wouldn’t of told WWE, because he probably would’ve been released anyways. Im not sure if he’s done it. If I had to guess right now I would say he didn’t do it mainly because there isn’t any charges yet and the investigation started pretty much straight away but I’m still going to sit on the fence here.

If he didn't do it then he definitely should've told the WWE (especially since it's in his contract and all).

If he didn't do it then he definitely should've told the WWE (especially since it's in his contract and all).

Nah when it's your line of work you should tell regardless of innocence or not. I had some recent accusations regarding narcotics (that turned out to be false) that I informed my manager about immediately. Better to be honest off the dot.

Nah when it's your line of work you should tell regardless of innocence or not. I had some recent accusations regarding narcotics (that turned out to be false) that I informed my manager about immediately. Better to be honest off the dot.

I think they meant this, but we're just saying if he was innocent he especially should have informed them.

The guy at least deserves a fair trial in a court of law before releasing him and ruining his career but then again maybe the WWE could do without the bad publicity as to be honest he wont really be missed much bit different if it were someone like Cena or Reigns.

I agree. Management should’ve been told but looking from Enzos side, he’s on thin ice already and is now being investigated for rape, which while no evidence yet suggests he did it, nothing ruled him out just at the moment. So it’s like going to your boss who doesn’t like you saying “im getting accused of rape but don’t worry, I didn’t do it”. A conversation similar to that could happen if the two parties liked each other but from what we have all read, Enzo was at the bottom of WWEs list. I’m not backing him up but I can certainly see where he is coming from if that’s the case.

Been looking into this a bit, and I'm honestly not sure if this is fake news as it very well could be, but some things have apparently been coming to light in regards to the alleged victim. One guy who claims to have been her best friend for over two years, recently made a youtube video stating that the woman (Philomena) told him "she had sex with Enzo and it was amazing." The guy then goes on to reveal text messages that were sent through a group chat in which Philomena writes, "I met TOO POOR (person who was with Enzo) & did coke with her, Tyler & fucked their friend (Enzo)." He shows another text message where she says, "believe it or not bitch it happened & I'm laying in bed next to a famous wrestler."

There are other allegations made against the woman, but I'm not going to go into them as they basically just attack her character. Admittedly, the guy who made this video seems to pretty much hate this Philomena chick, but all the shit he says seems to be authentic. Though again, you never know nowadays as it's so damn easy to make anything seem legit on the internet. Just thought I'd throw this out there as nobody seems to have really picked up on it yet.

Look, they were looking for an excuse to get rid of Mr. Arndt. They found it through his own immature stupidity. He pissed off the back. He was not welcomed in the Locker Room. He was thrown off the bus a few times. He had the maturity of a five-year old. Now, Titan Towers gets broadsided with a Marv Albert-type case at the worst possible time because Mr. Arndt lacked the intelligence and maturity to give Talent Relations the heads up.

As for the actual investigation? I would be shocked if this did not go to trial. Mr. Arndt is not going to cop a plea that would put him on a Sex Offender's list (and he would be finished in Pro Wrestling). After all, as Enzo Amore, Mr. Arndt was a CELEBRITY. And, like any DA with a CELEBRITY on their hook, He/She is going to play this to the hilt. Just look at the lengths they went to convict Marv Albert. They got someone who had ZERO knowledge of the case to say Albert did something eons before, and forced him to cop a plea. This case is VERY similar to Albert's. I actually think the alleged victim tried to extort money from Mr. Arndt. And, Mr. Arndt told her where to go. She turned around and screamed "RAPE!!!!"

If by some miracle this ends quickly, Mr. Arndt will never go back to WWE. They fired him for cause. He will do great in the Indies and Impact. He could still use "Eric Amore", and do very well as a Manager or Color Commentary. But, this nonsense has to be put aside first.

Not his first issue clearly WWE feels he's way more trouble than he's worth especially in the new PG era.

Now that i got to sleep on this, i kinda have this feeling that they only release him so that he could focus 100% in clearing his name and gets this crap of his back. Now that new elements have been reported on this that could help enzo prove that he's innocent in all of this. i wouldn'T be surprise at all if WWE rehires him once everything is cleared up and times enough time as pass that nobody is talking about this anymore. They did it for other wrestlers in the pass, i wouldn't see why enzo wouldn't be welcome back when this mess is gone and done for.

The guy at least deserves a fair trial in a court of law before releasing him and ruining his career but then again maybe the WWE could do without the bad publicity as to be honest he wont really be missed much bit different if it were someone like Cena or Reigns.

IF reports are accurate, he was let go because he knew he was under investigation but decided not to tell the WWE brass about it, not because of the accusation itself. Once the accusation was made, they had to suspend him no matter what because you simply can't have someone who's being investigated for rape appearing on TV. My guess is that sometime yesterday morning, Vince decided that enough was enough and let him go; again, if the reports are accurate, it's bad enough that WWE had to find out about this via social media but there's this headache on top of all the trouble Enzo has brought upon himself by behaving like an asshole backstage. Enzo had done nothing but cause headaches and it was decided that this was one the company didn't need.

Some thoughts here:

1) Not quite a direct analog, but worth expressing: I'm a public school teacher and the Dept. of Ed.'s policy, like-it-or-not, is for all employees to immediately contact their supervisor if they're arrested. Hypothetically, if I were arrested and found completely innocent of whatever the charges were, I could still (justifiably) be fired for not disclosing the arrest or the charges.

In Enzo's case, according to speculation, he didn't reveal that he was being investigated. Imagine you're WWE: Enzo is holding one of your championships, he's featured in ads for your live events, he's engaged in media appearances, and suddenly you find out that he's being investigated for *rape.* You've had no opportunity to get ahead of the situation, counsel your employee, or protect yourself from a PR nightmare. Enzo's actions were highly irresponsible and would, to me, make him an incredibly unreliable employee, regardless of whether or not it turns out Enzo is innocent.

2) Laws do not correspond perfectly with corporate policies. You wouldn't go to prison for sexual harassment at work, but you could, and should, still be fired if you engage in that type of behavior. His "fair trial" should happen, but WWE is free to employ any policy they deem necessary to maintaining whichever standards they choose to uphold.

3) WWE may also, somehow, be able to tell which way the wind is blowing in terms of the investigation. However, in the event that Enzo is cleared, perhaps he gets another shot. Until then, Enzo should probably start turning out the lights and turning off the televisions in his house while he's out so he can pay for counsel.

Also, if he's guilty, this is still rough news for WWE. I've been expecting the current attitude towards sexual harassment and women's issues to touch WWE, but this is like a sledgehammer. Good thing they wasted no time getting ahead of the situation.

In terms of 'innocent until proven guilty', that only applies to a court of law. As has been pointed out, there will likely be a morality clause in his contract somewhere that will state that the WWE can release him if we was to bring bad press to their doorstep. That's exactly what's happened here and I don't blame them one bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back