Breaking Bad

SavageTaker

Everybody Has A Price!
So... I just finished watching the season finale of the fourth season after having gone three days straight watching every episode of this fucking amazing show.

I started watching this show as a recommendation from my brother and I am hooked! I honestly can't believe I didn't start watching it earlier and now I can't wait until the 5th season.

The whole show is absolutely brilliant and so far, there has only been one episode I've disliked from all of the seasons. Every other one has some sort of element that keeps me watching and intrigued to see what's going to happen. Honestly, it was like 3AM in the morning when I started watching season 4 and I swear I didn't want to go to sleep just so I could keep watching. Thankfully, I'm on break so I could wake up and immediately begin my marathon again.

What do you guys think about this show? I didn't see any threads on it so I wasn't sure if many other people were aware of it since I haven't been around for a while. But if you are aware, come in and discuss its greatness!

FYI for anybody that hasn't seen all of it there are spoilers below.

IMO the best show on television bar none. It took me a few episodes to really get into it but once I did I was hooked. The writing is brilliant, the characters are great and the acting is top notch. It's a rare TV show that can keep on the edge of my seat every episode.

I am a little curious what's going to happen now that Gus is gone though. I wonder if Walter will be the new kingpin and continue making and selling or will Hank figure it out and Walter will be on the run I do know this will be the last season though so it should be great. I know I can't wait.

I honestly have no clue what's going to happen either which is going to drive me crazy until the show starts again.

My post does contain spoilers if you haven't seen the whole fourth season yet.

Somehow, I think Walter will go back to making meth but exactly how and why? And for who? After having done business with Tuco and making a ton of money like that and then making even more money with Gus, I can only speculate he'll do something bigger.

Also, I don't think Hank is going to catch him just yet nor will he become a new kingpin, that could make his family a huge target. If he was able to kill Gus, who's to say someone else wouldn't be able to kill him. Maybe though, he's going to expand and move his product to other areas other than the southwest? Or maybe he's going to involve himself with the cartels down in Mexico? Or do something bigger that I just haven't thought of yet?

I honestly have no idea what's going to happen. There are so many directions that they can go to and although the fifth season is supposed to be the last, you never know. I think if they play their cards right, they could easily make a great fifth season and keep the series going with the same or higher amount of interest from viewers.

I haven't seen any threads for Breaking Bad either, so I'm glad you decided to make one Taker. I finally caught up with all 4 seasons just recently. (Thanks to Netflix) It has been the most addicting show I have seen in recent memory. There have been some great drama series on HBO and other networks, but this show has had some of the most intense scenes I've ever witnessed. It's a show that you literally cannot stop watching, it is so addictive.

The ending to Season 4 was incredible. Not giving anything away, I wonder what will happen next season? Will Walt and Jesse be the big meth kingpins now or will they have to deal with the cartel or DEA. I don't they will retire anytime soon. I'm looking forward to it. Dexter, SOA, and Boardwalk Empire are already over with, I need a new fix every week.

you know, I enjoyed this show and all, but I just don't get the hype around it. People keep saying it's an amazing show and must watch, but I don't see it. It's good, but far from Great. I think it got pretty repetitive after a while and started to remind me of Weeds. Now to be fair, I did think the finale of season 4 was great and it's had its moments, but it's more like the show for someone who's seen everything else out there; there are so many shows i'd recommend before this. I hear this show in the same sentence as The Wire for instance and I find that hard to believe, I'd even put SOA above it on a list of must watch dramas.

I got into this show late last year on a sort of whim. I had heard about how great it was, but didn't know much about it. Turned out AMC was going to re-air the whole series (three seasons at this point) over a couple months, so I decided to give it a shot. Lucky I did, as it may be the greatest show I have ever seen. It's hard to put into words what makes it so great, other than to say that every element of the show is executed perfectly, from acting, to writing, to directing. This show is special, and I will miss it dearly when it ends, maybe more than any show ever. I can't wait for season five, and I'm sure we'll get a fantastic ending to this fantastic show.

I'm about halfway through the third season. I love this show. It took only one episode for me to get hooked.

When I first heard about it, it sounded stupid but I'm glad I gave it a chance.

Hands down, the best show ive seen in a long time. AMC seem to have all the golden nuggets, The Walking Dead, Mad Men, Breaking Bad. Season 4 finale had me quite legitimately on the edge of my seat, as soon as Hector started dinging that bell i was like jumping all over the fuckin place. No matter how well rated Breaking Bad can get, it will still be underrated in my opinion. Amazing acting, writing, cinematography, everything. Season 5 will be something.

I recently finished the 3rd season. I think this show has stayed consistent throughout the entire series, which is very tough to do.

I figured once Walt revealed what he was doing, to his family, they'd run out of stuff to do but I was so wrong. I think it's actually more interesting now than it was when no one knew what Walt was doing.

To be honest, Breaking Bad has sort of disappointed me. Granted, I've only watched the first series and it has improved as it has gone on but, it's not got that need-to-watch factor that makes me want to come back for more. It's shown in the fact that I hadn't watched an episode in about 6 months and totally forgot about it until recently. I like the acting, I like the casting, I like the screenplay, and I definitely like the way they make a 40 minute episode not seem so long. But, it's missing that factor.

Although, I have heard unanimously that it does hit it's stride in season 2, so I am going to give it a second shot. I really hope it does find that factor because, I so want to like this show and, I do, I swear I do, about I can't get hooked. Sort of ironic considering the show is about drugs.

Christian "Minimum Wage" Cage;3679876 said:
To be honest, Breaking Bad has sort of disappointed me. Granted, I've only watched the first series and it has improved as it has gone on but, it's not got that need-to-watch factor that makes me want to come back for more. It's shown in the fact that I hadn't watched an episode in about 6 months and totally forgot about it until recently. I like the acting, I like the casting, I like the screenplay, and I definitely like the way they make a 40 minute episode not seem so long. But, it's missing that factor.

Although, I have heard unanimously that it does hit it's stride in season 2, so I am going to give it a second shot. I really hope it does find that factor because, I so want to like this show and, I do, I swear I do, about I can't get hooked. Sort of ironic considering the show is about drugs.

It definitely gets better. After the first season I was like you, I thought it was good but I wasn't hooked and certainly didn't think it was as good as people made it out to be. But trust me it gets WAY better and definitely worth watching.

Yeah you have to stick with it, Season 1 is a bit of a slow burn & really just lays the ground work for the rest of the series. Season 2 it really starts to pick up more, & seasons 3 & 4 just flat out amazing and where the show becomes extremely addictive.

I was introduced by a friend to this show around a month ago, and I must say that although he rated it highly, I was rather disappointed. I just didn't seem to obtain the emotional connection that I feel they are trying to force upon you.

Maybe the second series will appeal to me more.

To the people that didn't like season 1, please stick with it. Season 1 sort of lays the ground work. It picks up the pace and gets incredible in season 2 and beyond. The show is about much, much more than a guy who is trying to make meth to leave money for his family. It gets deep not just with Walter White but Jesse as well as others. The character development over the course of seasons is great.

All these people that love the show sat through season 1.... You have to do it.

It's hard to imagine another show touching Breaking Bad in terms of sheer quality anytime soon. There are shows out there just as entertaining, but the quality of the cinematography, the editing, the writing, the acting...it's just ridiculous.

Okay, I rather laboriously download season 2 and started watching... and well, FUCK ME. It's totally made a huge U-turn. I love the show, now, absolutely love it. Everything about it is just unbelievably good. The screenplay is still good, the acting is still great, the casting is still fantastic and now, it has that factor. They took factor and they fucking ran with it. I'm currently watching the season finale of season two whilst downloading season 3 on my computer. I'm so intrigued as to what the floating eyeball and fire is all about and how Gus will react to Walt having cancer. I watched 6 episodes today alone, it's just masterful. It really can take you on an emotional journey every episode. From being heart-warmed at Walter Jr trying to raise money for his father to being pissed off at how bad Walt can treat his family to be sickened by seeing Jesse's girlfriend choke on her own vomit. My, my, I can't praise this show enough, at the moment. It can't do anything wrong.

Well I was going to make a new thread and then found this..
but I saw that they announced July 15 as the date for the premier of Season 5, the final season.

What do you guys expect from season 5? I have to think it will be based around Walt vs. his brother in-law. I can't see Walt getting back into the drug game. I believe it's going to be all about the family affairs. Regardless, I can't wait!

First off, I've been watching Breaking Bad since it debuted on AMC. I was hooked from the pilot onward, which has only been improving my opinion of this ground-breaking show. This isn't your typical run of the mill type of TV series. It's reality based and doesn't really tell you "this guy is good or this guy is bad". It doesn't work that way. Breaking Bad shows you these people, their stories, and why they're on the current course in life they are on. You have well defined characters, elaborate backstories, and monumental acting by the entire cast[complete with badass guest stars].

This show grabbed me instantly and it hasn't disappointed me since the beginning. You never truly see what is coming next and that sets this show apart from the millions of others that proceeded it. It's a non-stop adrenaline rush type of show that has characters evolving and constantly changing, instead of staying the same bland characters the entire duration of the show. Season 1 did a good job of setting up Walt's reason for becoming a meth distributor/dealer and setting up family dynamics with his brother-in-law being a DEA agent. Season 2 showed us more about those relationships and how far Walt was willing to go to ensure his family's financial security. Season 3 really defined Walt's change being cemented on screen with exploration of Jesse and his family and why he ultimately became a dealer. Season 4 did an awesome job of forever changing things from Walt/Jesse's relationship with Gus/Mike and pretty much turning Jesse Pinkman into a badass. With what he did to Gale at the end of season 3, you can really see the loyalty to Walt that Jesse has and how far he will go when pushed. The ending of Season 4 did a phenominal job setting up what will no doubt be the final and best split seasons of this show.

You can see elements of Walt & Jesse almost wanting to be caught, more especially with Walt. He knows his time is drawing near and with each manipulation, he gets closer to being the drug kingpin we all know he'll eventually become. I think the mid-season finale will most assuredly be a cliffhanger and it'll probably be the reveal that Hank knows that Walt is "Heisenberg". They've done a great job setting that plot point up with Walter convincing Hank that Gale wasn't his "Heisenberg" at that he was just a copy artist using someone else's formula. Walt has already said numerous times that the DEA will never be an option out, so, he'll be taken by force. Combine that dynamic will Hank's dogged attempts to catch his mystery man and how close he was getting was Gus Fring being connected, and you have the makings of an epic ending. Honestly, I think this show will forever change and define what realistic TV shows will ultimately become in the future. Generations to come will be able to thank shows like Breaking Bad for doing just that!

I've heard from a lot of friends how great this television show is, so I decided to finally give it a go. Started at Season One, Episode One...and about a week later, I finished all five seasons. I was blown away so much, that I could not even compare this show to any other show on television, except maybe Sons of Anarchy.

Breaking Bad should be in it's own category, as I can't even imagine comparing it to a show like CSI or Law and Order. My wife refuses to watch it because she doesn't want to have to rewatch all the seasons in order to get into it, but it's definitely work it.

It seemed like every season got better and better as I went on, and by Season 5 it couldn't get any better. Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul are a pair of incredible actors, and the awards they have won from their roles on the show should prove it.

I find it difficult now watching a show like Malcolm in the Middle, without picturing Hal as Walter White. The Walter White character is so interesting, because of the way he develops over time. From the beginning, I always found myself wanting to root for him and the things he does, but he begins getting grosser, meaner, and more demanding. He knows how important he is, and he takes advantage of it.

I won't spoil the ending of the halfway point for Season 5, but I'll say I cannot wait until next Summer. It will be the last run of the episodes, and there are literally a million possible ways that it could go down. Aaron Paul has said that it gets really dark, so I am so eager to find out what will happen to the legendary Heisenberg, and who might go down in his path.

These days i am busy in watching 5th season with 7 episodes watched already . I love this show. I get hooked to all the episodes.

The term "best show on television" gets thrown around alot, but Breaking Bad is just that. Breaking Bad has a great storytelling approach that makes it the most unique television show currently on[when it returns, anyway]. I'm just sad that it will end with the final 8 episodes next year. I totally called it above though about Hank learning about Walt in the mid-season finale! This show kicks major ass and the only show even on its level is Sons Of Anarchy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back