"Bobby" Roode a "Supporting" Character?

The thing people seem to forget, or have never seen, is that Roode is an outstanding Heel. Not only can he do something worthwhile with the belt, I hope they do this. Roode would be great as the top Heel with a good face chasing for the belt. It would work well. Just go back and see his older singles work pre Beer Money if you don't think so. As I said before, he was gaining momentum and the fans were sending some serious Heat his way and if not for the Beer Money thing being so successful, I really can see Roode being one of the best things to happen at TNA, especially as a Homegrown Talent. Can we also quite with this, "Well, it is TNA" line of thinking because this has nothing to do with the company, per say and more to do with an excellent wrestler that could add credibility to the championship belt. I could care less where Roode is, he would be great as a Champion wherever and he would be viable for it to boot.

I like Roode but I think he seems uncomfortable as a face. You're right, they should switch him to heel. Although it would be stange doing this now.

Well Madden is right. As much as I like Roode he will never be THE STAR or super over. Roode is a Triple H, Kane, Big Show and others in that vain. He is not Rock, Austin or Undertaker.

He will be good and create magic program but he will need a major opponnent, I don't see him making someone major, but with the more over opponnent he would be good.

And I like TNA and you can hate me for that but the ONLY way I could ever get proven wrong and eat my words is if he goes to the WWE and WWE put all his machine behind him to make him a star.

Well Madden is right. As much as I like Roode he will never be THE STAR or super over. Roode is a Triple H, Kane, Big Show and others in that vain. He is not Rock, Austin or Undertaker.

He will be good and create magic program but he will need a major opponnent, I don't see him making someone major, but with the more over opponnent he would be good.

And I like TNA and you can hate me for that but the ONLY way I could ever get proven wrong and eat my words is if he goes to the WWE and WWE put all his machine behind him to make him a star.

And there's nothing wrong with Roode being a HHH. When the WWE never had anybody left in 99, they turned to HHH and pushed him to the moon and it was a big success because they booked him run right, made him look like a champ. And to his credit he did not drop the ball. That's where TNA is now, push Roode because he's good and it's the right thing to do. He might not be great but TNA needs to try something different.

I find Mark Madden's commentary and insights to be rather useless. Be it on NFL network programming or about something like wrestling. He's not worth a second thought in terms of being taken seriously anymore.

As for Roode, his push is a good thing and might lead to TNA creating a genuine solo star of their own here. Bobby has nice talent tools to work with and giving him a chance at the top is a smart move. I just hope backstage really gets behind his push and doesn't chicken out somewhere along the way.

You gotta remember, this is the same guy[Mark Madden] who was kinda queer on Vince Russo and worshipped him like a fanboy back in WCW. What would he know about noticing a star? While Roode isn't the most effective mic worker on the roster, he does have talent and can be a major star. The problem with some of wrestling's past announcers, promoters, and stars is that they are stuck in a time warp back in wrestling's heyday. They are too blinded by the past to notice the future right in front of them. I don't put too much stock into what Madden says because he falls into wrestling's past and he is irrelevant. Bobby Roode is relevant and that's all I need to know.

I really hope TNA is going to be stupid and have Bobby Roode only due this storyline to build up this match (Which I think could be a great match) just to have him lose to Kurt and then have him just slid back down to the tag team division. Don't get me wrong I love bear money and how good they became when TNA only put them together because they didn't what to do with them. But I think Bobby Roode has the potential to finally break away from Tag Team wrestling for a while and see if he is willing to put in that extra work (even though I know he has worked hard already) to become a main eventer that you know will put on a good match every time you watch. I also think if they don't bury him after this match with Kurt you could easily have a good rivalry started between Bobby Roode and James Storm where James Storm doesn't get used alot for a few weeks (like WWE did the Miz) and then have James Storm attack Bobby Roode from behind after a match and make James Storm a new heel can make a great fued with each other since they know each other so well and I know they both would put in the neccessery work to put on a good match. TNA could also have James Storm (heel) team up with Daniels (heel) to start taking out Bobby Roode and AJ Styles then if Bobby Roode isnt champion have a great tag team match between 3 great talents in TNA (Bobby Roode, James Storm, and AJ Styles) and Daniels (Who I don't think is bad but I don't know if he is capable of putting on a great match like the other 3 but if TNA creative writes this match right they could easily have AJ Styles and Bobby Roode help make Daniels look better)

I was saying Roode did not have enough of a well-defined character that you can promote but the other day seeing him wrestle AJ I thought of something, Roode does look like a Spartan, doesn't he? Unshaved, hairy. Drop the money thing or the blue collar thing and sell him as a Spartan, but not in a cartoonish way, just sell him as the ultimate badass, (Hell he has the voice to match Gerard Butler lol). Just have him wear a arm leather protector like Gladiators wore. Roode is a old school, he could be a throwback to men's men of old like the Spartans, Gladiators, etc...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back