Black Friday - Sending Christians to Hell for over 100 years

I don't know what Black Friday is, except it is to do with Christmas Shopping.

Its a bit of a leap to say that buying presents for people at Christmas is directly the same thing as the sin of Greed though, no? Or is Black Friday something else entirely?

I like to think of it as the modern version of the Royal Rumble. All these people are fighting for this major prize. Pushing, kicking and yelling at each other. Then some smart-ass who's been around the block cuts in front and gets the same thing with far less struggle.

I don't know what Black Friday is, except it is to do with Christmas Shopping.

Its a bit of a leap to say that buying presents for people at Christmas is directly the same thing as the sin of Greed though, no? Or is Black Friday something else entirely?

They choose Black Friday to shop, because they can save money on certain products. People go absolutely crazy to save money on gifts they plan on buying.

I went out not even realizing it was Black Friday. Went to WalMart with the wife to get some shit for the house. She fucking knew it though, it was her plan all along.

"Hey honey, this Christmas Tree skirt is only 12 dollars marked down from 24!"

"In what world is 24 dollars or even 12 dollars an acceptable price for a fucking Christmas Tree skirt? Get that 2 dollar one right there."

I went out not even realizing it was Black Friday. Went to WalMart with the wife to get some shit for the house. She fucking knew it though, it was her plan all along.

"Hey honey, this Christmas Tree skirt is only 12 dollars marked down from 24!"

"In what world is 24 dollars or even 12 dollars an acceptable price for a fucking Christmas Tree skirt? Get that 2 dollar one right there."

Tell her she has to put it on any time you want to bang her from behind or she can learn how to sew.

I hate when my wife justifies buying shit we would have never spent money on by mentioning the money she saved even though there was no good reason to spend any money on that shit in the first place.

Norm Peterson: Women, can't live with them <<end of quote>>.

Have to love unintentional idiocy.

Black Friday = Christmas shopping
Christmas shopping -> celebrating Christmas
Christmas -> celebrating Christian religion.
Christian religion says Greed is one of the 7 deadly sins

Are you a Christian shopping today to save a couple of dollars? Then you're going to Hell.
That really isn't greed.

The modern Christian idea of hell is laughable. Not only because it's made-up mythological bullshit, because it's relatively NEW made-up mythological bullshit. I laugh at Christians who go on and on about the rapture. Not because it's any more silly than anything else Christians believe, but because it's a concept that's only been around less than 200 years. And really less than 100 in the mainstream churches dogma. When it comes to concepts like "hell" and "Satan" I laugh because modern Christians have literally taken non-Biblical pagan views and attached them to their own ideals. The actual Bible itself is so vague on the topic of the afterlife. I suppose that's because the Jews didn't know what to expect, and found mystery to be spiritual in itself. Christians have this NEED to put a face to everything. It's why they believe in things like hell, the Devil, the rapture, the "spiritual warfare" between angels and demons, etc. It's why they believe the Genesis story was meant to be literal, instead of just an ancient pre-Jewish creation myth, not unlike the Native American folklore you learn about in schools.

I did three semesters at a Christian University, studying theology and biblical history. And it's probably that, more than anything else, that made me STOP believing in anything the Christian religion had to offer. I think at this point in my life, if I was ever to "find the light" again, I would be a conservative agnostic, or maybe a very progressive Jew. But I'm really not good with money. So...that's probably out.

I agree with you. The concept of "Hell" these last couple of centuries is a myth. And anyone whom seriously says "you're gonna go to hell!" as some counter response is either ignorat, highly misled, or just dumb.

The idea that people get burned for eternity in ablaze is so funny and contradictory on many levels. The idea of heaven is eternal life, eternal youth. So the opposite of that is also eternal life, but suffering from fire simultaneously for all of eternally? A lot of things about hell is misinterpretated as far as those who read the Bible.

I hope one day they DO take the Christ out of Christmas. I sure hope so. Its not a religious holiday by far and shouldn't be associated with it. Will probably never happen though

Tell her she has to put it on any time you want to bang her from behind or she can learn how to sew.

I hate when my wife justifies buying shit we would have never spent money on by mentioning the money she saved even though there was no good reason to spend any money on that shit in the first place.

Norm Peterson: Women, can't live with them <<end of quote>>.

When I said Christmas Tree skirt, I'm not saying a skirt with Christmas trees on it, I mean a skirt that goes around the bottom of your tree.

i hate when people say stuff like "ooh im buying it cause its 40% off" well that doesnt mean its a good choice to buy it, for example if you have a drink that was $100 somewhere but is now $65 that doesn't mean that you are a smart shopper, the drink could be worth 5$ so just cause its a lower price then before doesn't mean its good or that you will need it t

Christmas is for losers, anyway. I'm all about Zodmas. Proud member of the Zodonian Peoples Republic of Houston, I am.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back