Bill Goldberg's Legacy..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rokitka

Brian Rokitka, Wrestling Fan
I'll be completely honest. I HATE Bill Goldberg. I LOATH Bill Goldberg. I think Bill Goldberg is the biggest piece of trash in this history of wrestling. We're talking about an egotistical jerk who has achieved Hulk Hogan's level of ARROGANCE in 10% of the time.

Bill Goldberg can live his artificial life all he wants, and deny what I am about to say as many times as he wishes. But he knows that he is a punk, and doesn't deserve to pick the crap out of Vince McMahon's shoes. Bill Goldberg himself says he is a veteran of the industry. The cold hard fact of the matter is, Bill Goldberg was saying that one year after his debut.

Bill Goldberg did nothing for the company that created him, instead, returned the favor by refusing to work. And when he did work, he injured himself, or his opponent, like a clumbsy chicken with it's head cut off. Bill Goldberg was making more money than 95% of the WCW roster, except the rest of the WCW roster was working 95% harder than GOLDBERG..

The naked truth about Bill Goldbergs loyalty to the wrestling industry lays in his decision to sit at home and collect a multimillion dollar contract with Time-Warner, instead of accepting a buyout and joining WWFe. It's actually the smart thing to do, because Bill Goldberg would be miserable. Vince McMahon would straighten Bill Goldberg out like Ron Jeremy at an all day gig. Bill Goldberg USED the wrestling industry to line his wallet with cash. Bill Goldberg USED the wrestling industy to fill his closet full of clothes. Bill Goldberg USED the wrestling industry to give money to charities under HIS name so that he doesn't like the egotistical JERK that he is. Bill Goldberg used the wrestling industry to cover up the fact that he was a REJECT FOOTBALL PLAYER. Bill Goldberg, I can say with full confindence, that my personal opinion of you is this.. You Suck!

Evalast said:
I'll be completely honest. I HATE Bill Goldberg. I LOATH Bill Goldberg. I think Bill Goldberg is the biggest piece of trash in this history of wrestling. We're talking about an egotistical jerk who has achieved Hulk Hogan's level of ARROGANCE in 10% of the time.

Bill Goldberg can live his artificial life all he wants, and deny what I am about to say as many times as he wishes. But he knows that he is a punk, and doesn't deserve to pick the crap out of Vince McMahon's shoes. Bill Goldberg himself says he is a veteran of the industry. The cold hard fact of the matter is, Bill Goldberg was saying that one year after his debut.

Bill Goldberg did nothing for the company that created him, instead, returned the favor by refusing to work. And when he did work, he injured himself, or his opponent, like a clumbsy chicken with it's head cut off. Bill Goldberg was making more money than 95% of the WCW roster, except the rest of the WCW roster was working 95% harder than GOLDBERG..

The naked truth about Bill Goldbergs loyalty to the wrestling industry lays in his decision to sit at home and collect a multimillion dollar contract with Time-Warner, instead of accepting a buyout and joining WWFe. It's actually the smart thing to do, because Bill Goldberg would be miserable. Vince McMahon would straighten Bill Goldberg out like Ron Jeremy at an all day gig. Bill Goldberg USED the wrestling industry to line his wallet with cash. Bill Goldberg USED the wrestling industy to fill his closet full of clothes. Bill Goldberg USED the wrestling industry to give money to charities under HIS name so that he doesn't like the egotistical JERK that he is. Bill Goldberg used the wrestling industry to cover up the fact that he was a REJECT FOOTBALL PLAYER. Bill Goldberg, I can say with full confindence, that my personal opinion of you is this.. You Suck!

I'd like to see you say that to him personally...and then you acted as if he's ever gonna read this... :twak:

hatred for goldberg yo dude calm down man he beat half of ur fav. wrestlers one by one buddy

Evalast said:

Uhhhhhh clam down he is good but most of his matches (especially in WcW Go figure) were like 2 minutes long even when he was facing the best of the best (being that numerous people have stole his finisher (edge,lashely,etc.)
he didn't suck it's just that his matches did

i remember that goldberg wanted to challenge Stone Cold man he would have humiliate Stone Cold so hardcore if that happend

Completely agree with everything you just said, Goldberg was a total asshole and did nothing for the industry, i dont care how many people he defeated, his botched kick on Bret pretty much was the nail in the coffin on his career which pretty much pisses me off. In conclusion, yeah dude goldberg should never wrestle again.

Goldberg was a total asshole and did nothing for the industry

So I take it you know Goldberg personally? He did a lot for wCw.. He became there top draw, he sold tons of merchandise, and also helped them compete more with WWF/E.. You cant really say he didnt help wCw..

his botched kick on Bret pretty much was the nail in the coffin on his career which pretty much pisses me off.

Thats what made me hate Goldberg as well.. But it was an accident, and we have to accept that.. Its not like he actually ment to end his carear.. Besides the end of Brets carear was more so due to his stroke..

hatred for goldberg yo dude calm down man he beat half of ur fav. wrestlers one by one buddy

He was scripted to win.. If wrestling was actually not pre determined, I can name a handful of people who would have actually defeated him..

It's ignorant to think that nobody else had a part in what makes you dislike Goldberg so much. He has his faults, he has his ego (this based on how he presents himself at times) but think about it. Is he physically responsible for being given his streak and pushed to the moon? He's responsible for whatever he did in his usually short matches, but he didn't do the booking. I didn't see you laying blame on the people that made the decisions to make that possible. Is he responsibile for the constant fan cheering which helped WCW determine that pushing him was in their best interest? I didn't see you calling out the thousands and thousands of fans each week that cheered for him. How about ripping on them as well?

While I understand why WCW pushed him as they did, they also ruined him for it. They presented him in a one dimensional way where if he were to lose a match in regular fashion, he'd look bad to the fans. "Invincible" wrestlers eventually succumb to something like a chair shot regardless of how long they couldn't be stopped in the past. Goldberg was presented though where such a thing wasn't as easily acceptable for the character. How about blaming WCW for that presentation as well?

I'd imagine that in just about any facet of life if someone goes from the bottom to the top (financially, push wise, athletically, etc.) very quickly, that a sense of importance, entitlement, etc. starts to exist. I'm not saying that it's a good thing, a right thing, or something that I agree with, but without being Goldberg, I can't fully judge him. You can sit there and claim that it's not in your personality to have that kind of behavior if you were in his position (you never said that but plenty of people have made such claims about various things in the past) but there is no factual way of proving that unless it happens to you. With that in mind, egotistical people like Goldberg always have a way of justifying their actions and no matter how much we may disagree with them, we're not them and therefore can't fully comprehend why they act a certain way. Have you thought about that?

I'm not saying not to dislike Goldberg and I'm certainly not denying his faults and behavior over the years, but am saying that you should probably throw blame out in many other areas as well instead of putting such a focus on a person (as egotistical as he is) that is in his position based on factors that we sitting on our asses at home typing can't possibly comprehend.

Evalast said:
Bill Goldberg used the wrestling industry to cover up the fact that he was a REJECT FOOTBALL PLAYER.

You're smart enough to know that to be a "reject" means that you were rejected from somewhere, meaning not wanted. Can you offer proof to back up the claim that he was not wanted in the NFL? Additionally I hope that you only keep one job throughout your entire lifetime cause if you ever have an additional one, you can consider yourself a "reject" of the former job(S) based on your criteria. If you dcon't consider that to be the case, that would make you a hypocrite.

Keep in mind that I am (was) a fan of Goldberg, but am fully aware of his faults as a person and performer. That doesn't automatically put factual merit to a lot of your claims however. (Meaning only blaming him and the reject part).

Evalast said:

I'll be completely honest, what you said in your post was a load of rubbish. Thats my personal opinion :)

I think you are being a bit harsh on Goldberg here. Dysturbed made a very good point in saying that the wCw bookers are partly to blame aswell. I Liked goldberg for a few months after he debuted but quickly became boared with his "juggernaut" like gimmick. He does have an exciting wrestling style, but like so many greats is not that good technically. As for calling him arrogent etc. You really don't know the man only his character so you shouldn't judge him personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back