Biggest Missuse of Talent ever commited by Vince Mcmahon

There's one name that comes to mind when I hear the word miss use, and that's Jamie Noble. I mean I bet must of the non-IWC think that Noble cant wrestle worth shit and thats because A. They havent seen ROH or his Indy work and B. Vince never has pushed the guy beyond a comedy joke. It's sad when you think that Noble will never be used properly because of his size. He has tons of in-ring ability, great charsima and good mic skills yet he will always be one big joke which is a shame.

BRADEN WALKER! im not sure if it was his ******ed country thing or him getting fat, or him using basic wrestling stuff to beat his enemys, but he was BIG in TNA and then he went to ECW and boring the crowd to death...................

I disagree with Mr. Kennedy...here's why.

Every time he's "destined" or "ready" for his big push, something happens...be it injury, or his own personal mistakes. Not to beat everyone down by going down memory lane, I'll spare us the details for now. We all know.

Anyways, Mr. Kennedy will never climb beyond the upper echelon of the mid-card, unless the WWE gets desparate for new main-eventers. His "gimmick/schtick" is growing tiresome by the day, his mic skills/voice becomes more and more annoying, and his in-ring skills are adequate at best. He does nothing, other than run his mouth and yell, that differentiates himself from the other Great White Saviours of the WWE.

As far as misused talent goes, of all time...Shelton Benjamin! So what if his mic skills are ok? Pair him up with a mouth. Let his tremendous in-ring ability do the talking for him.

Hell, pair him up with D-Lo Brown (so fucking glad that my boy is back!) as a tag team. Have D-Lo be the mouthpiece, and Shelton be the worker. Lengthy tag team title run? It's in the bag baby!
I definitely agree. Just not with the d lo brown part. What if MVP and Shelton had a feud over the US Championship for a couple of months, have a triple threat for the US championship with some deserving face (such as kennedy???) and then have them come together as a tag team ("The All Stars"???) They could make the smackdown tag division into something exciting with their complimenting styles. Than have them break up and have Shelton turn face and let them push each other into the main event. No applause required.

I agree on most all of the posts in the thread. One of the misused talents that nobody's mentioned yet though is Rikishi Phatu. He's given a ridiculous Sultan gimmick, gets squashed by 'Taker and Rocky Maivia, then he's repackaged, languishes for a short time, then catches on with Scotty 2 Hotty and Grandmaster Sexay. The three of them were incredibly over with the fans until, of course, Grandmaster had his problems. Even after that, Scotty and Rikishi continued to be over, put on a great show. The only reason I've ever heard for releasing Rikishi was his 'weight problem'. Really...he's overweight? Has anybody ever seen Big Daddy V and his 44JJ jugs?...granted, he's gone now, but he received an immense push.
Another example of misuse has to go to the WCW roster. There, finally, for a brief moment, was the very real possibility that we would see dream matches. Instead, squash match after squash match, never letting the established WCW stars get over. Now it's ECW...the originals are pushed back to the back of the line in order to make way for...wait for it...Matt Striker, Boogeyman, John Morrison, Mark Henry, Test, Big Daddy V. These guys weren't even good enough to mid-card Raw or Smackdown. It's almost as if Vince thinks every fan of the old ECW is mildly ******ed and will tune in every week to see if their faves will win a match.

Almost everyone who went from ECW to WWE.

Dreamer, Raven, Rhino, RVD, Tazz. These guys could have been top, ro at least mid card-upper card guys. Instead, WWE used them for nothing. Except for the one Title run RVD had, WWE usually used him for nothing. Should of won the World Title from HHH back in 2002/3. Rhino & Raven could of been top heels, same for Tazz. And Tommy got a pop whether he jobbed or not, fans would of LOVED to see him fight, hell, win the WWE Title.

Booker T. Sure he had one World Title run in WWE (Not including the Alliance). One? That's It? One? And he didn't get it until he dresed up as a King. I thought it was BS. This guy can entertain like no other, he can wrestle his ass off, do good matches. Heel or face, he gets a cheer from the crowd, because he is cool and good. Whether you're a face or heel, if you're good, some fans will cheer. He should of won the World Title way before he did in 2006, like Wrestlemania 19.

Thats all I can think of for right now.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say John Morrison. The man has "it". Great on the mic, great in the ring, hell everything about him screams future of the WWE. I think this shit with Brian Kendrick is a waste of time with the announcers trying to force him down people's throats as the new HBK. A guy like Morrison would have taken that gimmick and it just would have worked, on his own. That's just my opinion. He has the ability to make the crowd love and/or hate him whichever may be needed. I just don't see anyone getting behind Kendrick, although he does a great job making people hate him. That's for sure.

Kennedy I think because he keeps getting put in mid card and i think he has the talent to be main eventer come royal rumble/wrestlemania
he needs a world title shot :flair:

Kennedy's already had a world title shot, he got it against Batista a while back. Like has been said before in this thread, Kennedy is his own worst enemy. I'm a huge Kennedy mark, but he can't stay healthy.

Jeff Hardy has no business as a world champion. He has like 4 spots and that's about it and he is HORRIBLE on the mic. He may have gotten edgier and a little more extreme, but deep down he's still the same kid that got Razor's Edged 5 times in a row on superstars back in 96.

Shelton Benjamin is exciting in the ring, but is still a ways from being a main eventer He wouldn't draw. His moves are cool but he lacks charisma and he doesn't know how to "tell a story" in the ring which ultimately is what the WWE looks for.

Same with Morrison, I agree people COULD get behind him, and I'm a fan of his work, but he needs to establish himself first before he gets pushed.

I wouldn't say MVP is misused, because they've been doing a lot with him so far, but he's ready to be pushed higher and start getting into the main event picture. With the Undertaker and Edge feud hopefully not over yet, now would be a good time for him to challenge Triple H and test the waters with how he would do as a main eventer.

I'd say right now the most misused is the Big Show. Since returning he hasn't had anything meaningful and he's in the best shape of his career. He can handle himself in the ring as well as anyone and could easily play a main event heel on smackdown.

I agree about the Big show it should have been him instead of Kahli... They didn't even do much of a build for that match. I thought Owen hart and the British Bulldog were missused esp after Bret left it seemed to me that the only reason they got a push is because Bret was there.

I think Santino was misused at the beginning. When he first won the IC belt instead of making him a credible champion they continoulsy had him being squashed by Umaga. Because of this he was never able to look serious as a wrestler and now will always be stuck in the "comedic" role

my first thought in recent memory was Kennedy.. but the one guy made it clear he is injury prone.. this guy has it all to be the best today.. if not for the injuries.

Morrison might still have alot to prove but why not get it started now? When we have Triple H vs Khali and CM Punk vs JBL the 2 title matches at Summerslam?? I think Morrison could be moved to either show, Raw or Smackdown.. maybe go for the title.. but not win yet. This way he can get into some top main event feuds.

All in all f i had to narrow it down to the BIGGEST misused wrestler.. i would say Owen Hart. He was always a shadow of Bret.. and Owen should have been just as good.

Owen Hart was one of the best heels ever. He mad people hate him They hated him so much when he made his face turn right after Bret left it only lasted a couple of months. I even got a chance to meet him live and he was one of the nices guys I met yet I still hated him when he was in the ring which shows how dedicated he was to being a heel. The only push he really got was in 94 when he fueded with Bret. I think he only had the IC title once or twice and the European title once. I know they were planning on giving him another push but they waited too long. He was so good with moves too he even did i tomb stone once and what wins him over with me was the way he handled the Stone Cold injury in mid match know he was suppost to loose.

i agree with most of the names here but i think that over the past couple of years a misused talent would have to be Matt Striker.

hes good on the mic, but hes also good in the ring. he could easily be the comic relief style heel, in fact him and santino would have made a good team

I think the biggest misuse was ric flair towards the end of his career he only chopped and locked people in the Figure 4 and it was over yet he got a wresltmania match main evented fought vince in a hardcore street fight and only won from a low blow flair didn't know when to quit in my opinion

:yousuck:

:flair:

Theres no doubt Owen should have been a main eventer.. they might have said that they were going to give him a huge push, yet right when he died they had that dumbass blue blazer gimmick going for him.

I agree also with TJF about Matt Striker.. he's not ready for main event but hell.. the guy can be used on raw every week.

I think Flair was used the right way. It wasn't believeable that a man of his age would always win.. and he had the best retirement sendoff ever. Nobody had any better. If he returns, it will be ruined.

Another name i thought of when it comes to misused talent is Finlay.

Im not sure if anybody has said this already, but I want to say Goldust for this one.
Goldust was truely great, and i'm not saying that lightly either.
Rhodes had the size and the build, and a lot of wrestling ability. His antics in the ring were definatley..... something. He has a couple of good runs in WWF and WCW winning United States and Intercontinental titles within a few of months of his debut in both companies. He had some good feuds, with some big names most notably Mankind and Undertaker in 1996. That was probabally the prime of his career.

It upsets me a little to see him now, maybe he just didn't have the attitude backstage. I know he struggled having Dusty as his Dad, but I was sure he was a champion in the making. I think one point in his career which could have made a huge difference, is the time he burned his "Goldust" suit and became Dustin Rhodes. That should have been a real unmasking moment, where he could have been pushed to the top and became a real superstar. Unfortunatley he quickly regressed back into his Goldust gimmick and nothing else became of him.

SUPER CRAZY i mean come on this guy is great!!! one of the last best matches that really showed his ability was in 2006 in a six pack match for the ic title
Jamie Noble the guy is freakin' awesome he even trained hbk for awhile how can he continue jobbing?
Paul London one of wwe's greatest highflyers on the roster and he is forced to job now
ricky ortiz, unless all those moves are really all he can do
:lsabre:

I have to agree 100% with Goldust, for exactly the reasons you said. I watched a rumble from a couple of years back round a mates house, Goldust was a late entrant. It just hit me for some reason that he had so much potential to be a maineventer, especially as a heel. A heel Goldust v pre DX HBK would've been a great feud.Yet another wasted. I have to say, and im a HHH fan for the most part, how different would things be if he never married Steph? He's a great wrestler etc, but i have to wonder where he'd be without that marriage and HBK.

Another i have to say is Jericho in both WCW and WWE. Now i know he has had alot of title runs, but he never got the long run as top dog he deserved. The man is on a par with any of the top mic workers, if not better and is incredibly talented in the ring. WWE seem to waste him though, with the exception of his current story with HBK.

Its not a big deal for me personally, but WWE could've used Goldberg alot better than they did. He fought Rock, HHH and Lesnar, and thats it. In perspective, Rock was leaving [comeback Rock!] so he wasnt going to lose that one, HHH wasnt going to drop the title for a long peroid, and Lesnar, well that had potential, but both gave up long before WM.

Tatanka is another for me. I never saw him as a maineventer, but upper-midcard with title runs should've happened. [im not talking about when he came back a few years ago]
The two things done with him in WWF? Undefeated, and Money Inc. Good, but not enough.

British Bulldog was more than deserving of a WHC run, as was Owen before his death and the blue blazer stuff. Heel Owen as champ v Bret would've been a classic.

I could go on and on....Paul London!

London is a spot monkey with no charisma.

Elijah Burke is very underutilized he's great on the mic.He was the leader of the new breed and they were all talented wrestlers.It's a shame he drove to the wrong town.

Christian is the most underutilized talent I can think of he should have been World Champion in WWE. If he would've stayed a little longer he might have been.

I also agree with Matt Striker and Owen Hart.

Ive got a few more points having read through a very interesting topic.

Kane-I dont care what anyone says, since his debut at Bad Blood he has been over one way or another, hell he even survived that 'he shagged a corpse' storyline, the single worst story in wwe history. his loyalty is up there with Hardcore Holly and mask or no mask ,he deserves a decent title run. Anyone who disagrees, Taker is 45 and is sure to get a run again soon, hell he won the title twice at the last two WMS. Im a huge Taker mark so im not bitching there, my point is age doesnt matter. Kanes only a year older than HHH.

Shelton-I completely agree he isnt used well, but i also agree that he shouldnt be pushed too far too soon like Rock and Brock.Plus from what ive read he needs to motivate himself into reaching the next level. The guys uber talented.

Ken Shamrock-I dont know if he would have worked as a heavyweight champ, but he should've been in more mainevents than he was, excellent in the ring, fun to watch fight.

Raven, from the moment he debuted in wwe, i saw i feud with Taker. And it just never happened. Again someone good enough to mainevent against the likes of Taker or Mankind or Kane without having to be champ.

Shane Douglas-whats already been said is true, mainly the WCW stuff.

Mr Kennedy is criminally underused, talented all round. Bullshit if WWE hold him back because of steroids, id take any bet that several maineventers enjoy a steroid or two.

Ultimo Dragon-As anyone who knows his history or seen him perform, the way he was used by wwe was sickening, frankly.

RVD has to be one the biggest misuses, and if they didnt bring ECW back, he still wouldnt have been champ.

Kwang kicked ass.

You have to say WCW dropped the ball with Steve Austin, the guy can wrestler.

It always amazed me that Ron Simmons/Faarooq never got a WHC title run in WWE. As a heel champ he could've had some great matches with SCSA. The guy was the first ever black heavyweight champ, and other than the nation and apa, had fuck all in WWE.

I say it again, how different would WWE be today if politics didnt rule it. As far as im concerned, Taker and HBK are the only ones on the roster who should have any stroke.

I agree with anyone who said Perfect aswell. He was considerably over in 93, and anyone who remembers his IC match with Hitman knows he can work. I was only young when that match happened [22 now!] but ive got it on tape and its still a better match than alot of the stuff we've seen lately.

I cannot see the big deal about CM Punk.

Cena and Batista have moremor less had the same gimmicks since 2002, they need freshening up bigtime. JBLs character has run its course really, it worked when he first turned, but now it can be called misuse.

Biker Taker misused? I prefer deadman, but his return as a biker was HUGE, the place exploded. But things seemed to go stale fairly quickly for him, it just didnt seem right he went from the darkside to a harley. Ill bet Taker preferred it though, he more less played Mark Calloway.

Vader has been said, but it is very true, Maybe one of the few truly monster heels. Bad move with that one Vince.

I dont agree with Tazz, he was on his way out as has been said.

And the ball was well and truly dropped with Owen. A feud with Bret for the title would've bought a helluva buyrate

I personally feel , if your getting television time, there is no reason to be misused, or to be a jobber, thats what house shows, dark matches are for....I dont think anyone should hafta job on tv, it just makes it pointless, and it lacks entertainment, sure its nice to see someone get destroyed, but id much rather see harder work on the storyline, and skill in the ring to deliever that storyline across to me. If its a guy who couldnt possibly match up to someone the size of batista, then dont put him against him, theres plenty of talent under the world title class that deserves just as hard work on the story and pushes in their division, thats how you deliever a action packed show, not filler material

For me, the only time I thought Vince stuffed up was by having JBL cost Jericho the WWE Championship.

Like cmon, here we had Chris Jericho returning, such a big deal was made out of it and we all thought he was coming back to save us and we find out he will be saving us from Randy Orton and he has a match for the WWE Championship and he came out with nothing.

To me, that was a massive missuse of talent, I don't know wether you guys would call it a missuse of talent, but it was definately a waste of a big chance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back