Biggest Missuse of Talent ever commited by Vince Mcmahon

Jericho? Hahahah are u kidding me he was used better in wwe than he was in wcw. I don't think he was missused at all. Jericho wasn't a draw enough to main event that consistantly. In addition he is the first undisputed champion and one of the few grand slam champions come on missused is a lil bit off. And to the shelton comment on him being lazy is funny cuz I see his matches and I don't see what people are talking about cuz he gets the best spots in MITB and gives solid matches when he actually is put on tv. He is missused based on politics and bad booking. The most missuse wrestler right now is calito. Very talented on the mic and been promise a push and gotten nothing. Jobs to everyone and wasted on raw to go to smackdown to again to be wasted.

As an avid watcher of pro wrestling for many years... it would be near impossible to name one big misuse of talent. Here are just a few of the many misused people from WWE, TNA, even the old WCW.

Shelton Benjamin. NO one is more talented than Benjamin. He was doing well during his days as IC champion and actually brought prestige to the belt. Now? No idea. I believe he was drafted to Smackdown. His gimmick is the 'gold standard', yet, no gold. Give him a push as a heel or something. How about helping Edge in his battles with HHH. Good program.

Kennedy....KENNEDY! This man will be a main eventer if used right. Now? Back to Smackdown for no apparent reason. Who will he feud with? Mid-card matches are his fate at the moment. I say either keep him as a face and have him feud with Edge if he wins the belt back, or turn him heel and feud him with HHH.

Jeff Hardy. If you'll put the belt on CM Punk, why not Jeff Hardy? I bet with a world title, things would drastically change with Hardy's lifestyle if he was the main focus of a show. He hasn't had the chance to be that. Hardy lost clean to Orton and that was that.

MVP. MVP has the mic work and personality to be a world champ. He's got the heel look to where you want to see him get his ass beat. Put him in a program with HHH or as a helper for Edge.

As far as OVER used talent?

John Cena. Cena is popular with the 18 and under crowd. No one else. He works hard, but is too simple as a wrestler.

HBK. Shawn Michaels is an icon...the SHOW STOPPAH!!!, but he's also in every major program...and his ego won't let him job to anyone.

JBL. See HBK. Minus the icon stuff.

Batista! Is he gonna fight for the ECW title by the time Summerslam gets here? He's been in the title hunt for years it seems like.

In TNA? AJ Styles, Super Eric, and Christian Cage are misused. Kurt Angle is in every main event, but he's also the face of the company and the top draw.

In WCW, Jericho, Eddie Guerrerro, and pretty much any cruiserweight was misused.

John Cena. Cena is popular with the 18 and under crowd. No one else. He works hard, but is too simple as a wrestler.
Wich is the majority of the WWE fan base he isnt over used any more.

HBK. Shawn Michaels is an icon...the SHOW STOPPAH!!!, but he's also in every major program...and his ego won't let him job to anyone.
WTF? Wont let him job to anyone? what happend with Batista at ONS.

JBL. See HBK. Minus the icon stuff.
What happend on raw this week? JBL Bet Punk? Yeah that was it JBL is the world heavywieght champion.
I think the Biggest Misuse is John morrison, That guy just screams of potential. and deserves a world title run not CM Punk. He had the ECW title but he deserves much more not stuck with the miz

i agree with morrison, he has the look, his mic skills have gotten a lot better, and his move set is far superior to many wrestlers. the miz is holding him back in terms of being serious, because miz is too goofy to be considered a serious threat. They need a split soon, drop the belts, and a nice morrison/matt hardy feud to get him back on the map.

Very few people have a real idea of why certain guys get a push and certain guys don't.

I hate to sound so conspiracy-theory-ish...but I don't think many of us are in the creative team's meetings. Nor are we across the desk from Vince, discussing future plans. Nope, we're not in the locker room, either. Probably not many majority shareholders or members of the board of directors on here, either.

Upset that Kane hasn't held the title for more than 24 hours? Maybe he ate Patterson's nachos one day and has yet to be forgiven.

Think the ECW boys never got their fair shake? Maybe the big boys heard they were all stiff and refused to work with them for fear of getting hurt?

And Shelton...maybe he deserves a shot at gold, right? Don't forget - WWE is a publicly traded company with pressure from shareholders to increase growth, revenue, and earnings per share every single quarter. I doubt he'll ever be the highlight of WWE's 3Q conference call with analysts.

It's a competitive business (especially with only 1 major player in the industry) - somebody has to win and somebody has to lose. There are only so many meaningful championship belts and prime TV slots to give out without losing credibility (and shareholder value).

Right now, I'd have to go with Morrison - I've been a fan of his for quite some time now, and I agree with what people are saying - he has the million dollar look, plus his in ring skills are awesome, he does moves no one else in WWE does. They really have to build on that, and if he develops some good mic skills, he could be a killer player both as a heel (simply because of his looks, an "arrogance" gimmick can always work) and as a face (because of his superb moveset and athletic abilities), depending on which way they develop him.

Of course Shelton Benjamin would be deserving of a push, but I guess they just do not seem to know what to do with him... and considering he is not a charisma-guru, that is somehow understandible. A pity though.

Personally, I would like to say Chris Jericho established as a real main event guy... he always enters the ME scene for a short time, for a quick feud with a top guy or for a world title, but then descends back into the US Title / IC Title scene instead of staying in the back of everyone's mind as another POSSIBLE threat to any World/WWE Champ. Jericho has great mic skills, and even though he has become a bit older he still has a good workrate and can deliver great matches; he could and by all means should be a main player - if not as omni-present as HHH, Cena, Edge or Orton right now, but he definitely should be made look a viable main event contender at all times. Hopefully his program with HBK (if he goes over Michaels) can elevate him further and solidify his status; a clear victory in a feud over HBK would do wonders right now.

As for the Hardy Boys... both seem in for pushes, and though I never liked Jeff Hardy that much for some reason, during the recent times I've watched him he's grown more on me than Matt; Matt somehow lacks the Main Event feel, he seems a bit to... timid... to me. What I would like to see would be Jeff being pushed to either the WWE or World Title, but Matt failing at capturing even the ECW belt... and Matt getting pissed at his brother (in the effect turning heel), who manages what he didn't, and they do a brother vs brother feud over a top title... Heh, most likely will never happen but hey...

Other than that, of course there's a few guys who definitely should be pushed for obvious reasons (MVP, Kennedy just to name two), but my number one pick is Morrison.

Biggest misuse of talent ha that's a long list.

Every cruiserweight even Rey to me he's not as good as he was in WCW.

Raven they could have done alot with him, but no they throw him straight to Heat.

Sean O Haire/Mark Jindrak/Chuck Palumbo three very talented guys they got from buying out WCW and they done nothing with them they could have pushed them to the stars. I have always been a O Haire fan (he left before getting a action figure :( ).

RVD/Dudleyz/Jerry Lynn ECW guys that were put on the WWE leash and not able to show their full potential. Could you imagine the RVD v.s. Lynn matches on a main stream national level in WWE they would beat anything the main event guys could do.

Boogeyman why in the blue hell is this guy a face. He could be a great heel if done right.

Theres alot more but these come to the top of my head.

i think ppl are on the money with shelton, tazz, ultimo dragon, and kane. besides these people, from what i had heard matt morgan was supposed to be as talented as brock lesnar. and when he finally showed up on tv, he stuttered on like 3 smackdowns and was never to be seen again. i found that interesting...but who knows how good he really was.

to the people that are saying benjamin is lazy and screwing up himself, i dont get how that can be said when his matches are usually retty darn entertaining. maybe i dont understand wrestling and dont realize that hes being lazy, but to me what would make him better is if he actually won a match once in a while. you know...that might be a good idea. maybe.

WWE takes many superstars for granted and misuses them.

Chuck Palumbo could have been made into a main eventer in my eyes with a little push and some mic skill and we could have the "new" HHH on our hands.

Of course everyone knows they misuse Benjamin. He did get a good start to his career by beating HHH three times and he was awesome in the IC Title run but he hasn't gotten much other than that. Yeah, he is the US Champion but I can already see that WWE is going to screw that up too by making him face only jobbers then when Benjamin faces a real opponent he will lose. Hopefully not though.

Another talent that should be higher in the rankings is Jeff Hardy. He could easily be made into a main eventer. After the small push when he cleanly defeat HHH he just lost it all at the Rumble after a clean lose against Orton. Then, he was given another shot in the EC at NWO and came so close but they let HHH win instead. Finally, he had a real chance at winning the MITB briefcase at WM 24 and HE screwed that up himself.

Their are many more but, those are my main ones.

I think that Booker T was a big missuse of talent. He was there for 7 years and only had one reign as heavyweight champion and that was only after they made him King Booker. The only real big push he got as Booker T was when he fought Triple H for the title at mania 19 and had the match won before Flair interfered. Almost every year he was there he got at least one shot at the title but they would never put it on him as Booker T and meanwhile they were giving guys like JBL the title for a ridiculous amount of time.

Originally I would of said Shelton first but FINALLY he has a title, the US Title. Hopefully he won't be misused again.

Without a doubt Carlito. Do I need to say more?

DH Smith, but one could argue that's his own fault with the suspension.

This is going to sound very strange, but Paul London. I'm so impressed with his in ring work. I think all he needs is a gimmick and he could be real big.

:undertaker2:

I absolutely had to post in this thread!! while i am a huge shelton mark and i love that he's mentioned here over and over.
I'm adding to the couple who have put jerry lynn, my opinion the best pound for pound guy. I think he so good at putting people over in great matches his contributions get overlooked. When you think of a lot of rvd's early ecw matches that began to put him over it was against lynn. (It seemed there was a lynn rvd match everyweek). And if you look at the 1st a.j styles dvd the 1st 2 matches have guess who doing a lot of the work with a.j (and low-ki of course). But anyway my pick is jerry lynn

Basocally, the most misused talent WWE has seen are 90% of any wrestlers that came from the WCW or Original ECW rosters. I tell you, seeing aslot of the things that those guys had to do was just awful. Anyone remember Tommy Dreamer having to eat hair on tape? The guy who would eat anything? Raven in WWE, need I say more? Booker T, Shawn Staziak, Planet Staziak! How about Kronik coming in to wrestle one match against Undertaker and Kane to lose and then never be seen in WWE again. Buff Bagwell showing up one night on Raw to get the Hell beat out of him and thrown out of the arena and never being seen again. Yeah, the list goes on and on. Oh, and then there was the nWo in WWE, that was just plain out bad! Oh, and then there were the Mexicools. WOOF!

Worst misuse of talents?

First name that springs to my mind is Ricky Steamboat, stupidly popular in WCW, just electrifying. Goes to WWF (as was) and is made a curtain-jerker, I believe as a way of saying "WCW is small-time compared to us." I would also put Dusty Rhodes in this category, although I never saw Dusty in his prime so it doesn't stick out to me as a crime on te same level.

Another big misuse would be Raven - but then I'd say he was misused for a long time in WCW too, at some point you just have to shrug.

I don't think Ricky Steamboat was a curtain-jerker in the WWF. He was Intercontinental champion at a time when that title meant everything compared to what it means now and he had one of the greatest matches in WrestleMania history with Randy Savage. No, he was never a main eventer or World champion in the WWF but you also have to take into account the era he was in the WWF during.. their roster was so stacked with big stars it was unbelievable. It was also the time of Hulkamania so no other face was going to get anywhere near the World championship for the most part and Steamboat wasn't a heel. I'll agree with Dusty Rhodes though, as I don't know what the WWF was doing with his gimmick in the WWF, compared to his time in WCW he was definitely brought down and underutilized.

I REALLY agree with Raven being misused in WCW and especially in WWF, he could've been so much more in both places if they actually had an idea how to use him effectively which neither did. At least WCW did better with him then his stints in WWF where he was just buried.

I also think Jake "Snake" Roberts was a misused talent; but he never really needed the championship.

Roberts wasnt misused. Behind Hogan, Savage, and DiBiase he got the most TV and mic time back in the day. And then we had to put up with the crackhead preacher gimmick in 96. Yeah, he never held a title, but the only one he would have held was maybe the IC belt and that only changed hands a couple times a year back then. Jake wasnt a world title contender, never should have been IMO, and there were not a lot of singles wrestlers in the tag divison back then.

As far as Steamboat was concerned, I think he was more suited for the NWA anyway. He may have been misused to some extent, but it worked out in the long run when he returned to NWA for the Flair run.

As far as bad gimmicks...you could erect a monument larger than the Vietnam Wall of guys that have been "misused". How about Kane's first two gimmicks... Fake Diesel and my favorite..I can just see JR announcing this one..

"BY GAWD! BY GAWD! HELLFIRE AND TOOTHPASTE!!! IT's ISAAC YANKEM!!!!"

Remember when the Ultra-Manly Chuck Palumbo was gay and was about to marry Billy Gunn?

I could go on and on.....

Roberts wasnt misused. Behind Hogan, Savage, and DiBiase he got the most TV and mic time back in the day. And then we had to put up with the crackhead preacher gimmick in 96. Yeah, he never held a title, but the only one he would have held was maybe the IC belt and that only changed hands a couple times a year back then. Jake wasnt a world title contender, never should have been IMO, and there were not a lot of singles wrestlers in the tag divison back then.

I disagree. Yes, Jake Roberts did well in the WWF and got used, mainly to help put over other wrestlers and to bring out the best in their stars and up and coming stars. But the fact is Jake Roberts, sure he didn't need the championship and could draw and get over merely on his own raw talent and raw charisma, but he could've easily been World champion.. the guy could draw an entire arena in and play them like a musical instrument. The guy had all the tools to be a star, and could've outshined any of WWF's top guys if given a chance. Its a shame his demons hindered his later career.

Remember when the Ultra-Manly Chuck Palumbo was gay and was about to marry Billy Gunn?

I could go on and on.....

That was the best time of Chuck Palumbo's career.

I think Harry Smith is being misused. That kids got all the potential in the world if they actually developed him and allowed him to grow.

I don't think Ricky Steamboat was a curtain-jerker in the WWF. He was Intercontinental champion at a time when that title meant everything compared to what it means now and he had one of the greatest matches in WrestleMania history with Randy Savage. No, he was never a main eventer or World champion in the WWF but you also have to take into account the era he was in the WWF during.. their roster was so stacked with big stars it was unbelievable. It was also the time of Hulkamania so no other face was going to get anywhere near the World championship for the most part and Steamboat wasn't a heel. I'll agree with Dusty Rhodes though, as I don't know what the WWF was doing with his gimmick in the WWF, compared to his time in WCW he was definitely brought down and underutilized.

I really agree with this one. I remember everyone who was watching WWF at the time being so mad at Macho Man for breaking Steamboats trachea with the ring bell that lead up to that match. That story line was easily one of the best ones they ever had for Savage and it may not have been as good as the stuff Steamboat had been doing with Flair over in NWA/WCW, but man, talk about one of the best storylines in history leading up to the win for the IC Championship! I wish that the underutilized talent of today had storyline to play with like this, because if this is underutilized, I want to see what you all think is a raging success.

I'll give you another underutilized talent; Silverking when he was in WCW. I swear that the only reason Eric Bischoff had these Lucha Libre wrestlers hanging around was so nobody else could have them and to be jobbers, especially when we knew they were actually some of the best ring workers around!

Oh, and what about Tank Abbot in WCW? The whole teaming up with Three Count was just horrible. That was almost as bad as Brina Knobbs and Fit Finlay running around in Camoflauge with that dude on the leash called "Dog".

There are 3 guys who spring to my mind right now.
One is Jeff hardy. He should have had at the very least one World Title run by now but Vince doesn't think this way folks. Next guy who comes to my mind is Paul London. He's got great ability and i haven't seen much of his mic skills but he's too good in ring. I think he's been completely misused. After London and kendrick separated i thought he would get a push on raw but we havent seen anything gud for him right now.
Bogeyman is another guy. WTF were they doing when they made him a face . He wud have been awsome as a heel man .

Id say anyone in the WWF when hogan was champ, coz that dude was the biggest waste of space and no one got theier chance to shine in his big stupid yellow shadow (yes I was an Ultimate Warrior Fan) and these days there are heaps, but id say Jeff Hardy, that boy could be huge, if he gets his drug stuff under control he could be the next big thing, and also Chyna, got shafted being a man/woman, and Vince just never warmed to her (maybe jealous she had bigger grapefruits?????)

Id say anyone in the WWF when hogan was champ, coz that dude was the biggest waste of space and no one got theier chance to shine in his big stupid yellow shadow (yes I was an Ultimate Warrior Fan) and these days there are heaps, but id say Jeff Hardy, that boy could be huge, if he gets his drug stuff under control he could be the next big thing, and also Chyna, got shafted being a man/woman, and Vince just never warmed to her (maybe jealous she had bigger grapefruits?????)

Yeah, that Hogan guy never drew a dime, huh...

And it would look real good to put the belt on Hardy just to have him get hit with another suspension. That's one of the same reason's Jake Roberts didnt get his big push. He could have been the biggest heel challangers to Hogan. It's not the WWE's fault these guys didnt get their push. It's their own damn fault. I have no sympathy for Roberts or Hardy. Jeff needs to just be glad he still gets TV time.

HBK not getting title runs may be Shawn's own choice. There comes a point in an established wrestler's career where perhaps they realize that they really don't have anything to prove to anyone, and they can stop politicking for the belt. Shawn Michaels doesn't need another title run to go down as one of the WWE's all time greatest wrestlers. he knows that. The belt is just a prop anyway, and he has been main eventing without it. He doesn't need the belt. HBK is doing the midcard thing not because he is being underused, but because he is so good, he can elevate the midcarder's level. HBK is more of a teacher now. Shawn Michaels feuding with Chris Jericho, for no belt at all, is more entertaining than the entire rest of RAW Monday nights, (excluding Santino Marella, of course). Shawn isn't being misused. Shawn already has the entire locker room's respect, doesn't need the belt, knows he doesn't need it, so is content turning the younger wrestlers into the stars of tomorrow. That the WWE is using him in this way is a compliment to him, not an insult. They trust HBK with elevating the status of the younger wrestlers.

Now, this is mostly due to his injury and his own stupid decision to take "unallowed substances" but Mr. Kennedy is a guy who was destined to be the next big thing since the first time I saw him. It's just one of those things, you know. Brock Lesnar received a monster push from day one, and he's way more entertaining than Lesnar ever was, so why haven't WWE pushed the big switch yet?

I've never seen the guy work a bad match, which is less than I can say for people featured in the world title pictures now, like, I don't know, Khali? We all know the only reason he's still here is because Vince has his giant fetish and he's over in India. He's an attraction, not a main event wrestler. Anyway, on to Mr. Ken Kennedy. I know this sounds like an extraordinaire shill, but he has a level of charisma that nobody has had since The Rock left WWE. His first months were, for lack of a better word, "electrifying". The only memory I have from No Mercy 2005 was his match with Hardcore Holly. His mat skills just improved and improved. Then he had his injury.

Six months of boredom passed. Then he returned, and damn me if he wasn't better than he was before. His undefeated streak may have been ended by Matt Hardy, but that was a good thing - undefeated streaks make wrestlers appear less real; nobody is undefeatable. Then he tangled with one of WWE's all-time top guys - The Undertaker. I loved every minute of that feud. Kennedy used underhanded tactics to fool Undertaker at all points.

He even became US Champion, but I'm beginning to sound like a history teacher here. After winning Money in the Bank, he was a cert for a world heavyweight title run. However, he was injured and lose the MITB to Edge. He was drafted to Raw where he was kept in the background while the same old tired feuds continued on and on. I think after he messed up and was suspended, everybody agrees that Mr. Kennedy's tenure on Raw was a waste of his time. However, nearing the end of this, he turned face; something never seen before. After beating Regal and firing him, he was drafted back to SmackDown, where he can finally be a big player. Or? If WWE Creative can give me one good reason why the Great Khali is given a WWE Championship opportunity while Mr. Kennedy is not, it wouldn't help. It's just a waste of talent. Now, I don't know whether or not to pull the blame on Vince McMahon himself for this "misuse", but I really hope they play the Kennedy card soon, not only to give the man his rightful due, but also to prove to the internet smarks who are tired of Cena and Batista that it IS possible with new blood. Thank you.

You cant say Jeff Hardy doesnt deserve his spot because he got suspended, and Great Kahli does coz he didnt, thats dumb, Jeff got more talent in his toe than Kahli does in his enormous body, I agree Vince got Giant envy.

And as for Hogan of course he made money, so not my point, those stupid yellow shirts of his would have only cost 2cents to make so merchandising would have made a fortune

I disagree with Mr. Kennedy...here's why.

Every time he's "destined" or "ready" for his big push, something happens...be it injury, or his own personal mistakes. Not to beat everyone down by going down memory lane, I'll spare us the details for now. We all know.

Anyways, Mr. Kennedy will never climb beyond the upper echelon of the mid-card, unless the WWE gets desparate for new main-eventers. His "gimmick/schtick" is growing tiresome by the day, his mic skills/voice becomes more and more annoying, and his in-ring skills are adequate at best. He does nothing, other than run his mouth and yell, that differentiates himself from the other Great White Saviours of the WWE.

As far as misused talent goes, of all time...Shelton Benjamin! So what if his mic skills are ok? Pair him up with a mouth. Let his tremendous in-ring ability do the talking for him.

Hell, pair him up with D-Lo Brown (so fucking glad that my boy is back!) as a tag team. Have D-Lo be the mouthpiece, and Shelton be the worker. Lengthy tag team title run? It's in the bag baby!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back