• Batman Forever, Batman and Robin

• Animated Series

• Dark Knight

• DCEU

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

SSJPhenom

The Phenom of WZ
So far we've discussed the best portrayals/versions of Batman and the Joker. Sticking with the Batman theme, now I wonder what people think is the best version of the Batmobile.

Batman '66:

smcgovernflintbm005.jpg

Batman 1989, Batman Returns:

Batmobile_Keaton_1989_08.jpg

Batman: The Animated Series:

aHR0cDovL3d3dy5uZXdzYXJhbWEuY29tL2ltYWdlcy9pLzAwMC8xNDMvMDc1L2kwMi9CVEFTX0JhdG1vYmlsZV81NGRjMTFjNTI2YzVhMy42ODAwOTAxNC5qcGc=

Batman Forever, Batman and Robin:

latest

Dark Knight Franchise:

51D8UVl2OWL._SX355_.jpg

DCEU:

moebbatsupbatmo01.jpg

Which is the best and why? Let me know your opinions.

I know it's an unpopular opinion, but I absolutely hated The Tumbler. Felt too forced a concept. Just massive and noisy and everything Batman wasn't. At least the others have a sleek, almost stealthy aesthetic to them. The others are a bit cartoony, and I'd get that argument, but then again Batman is cartoony. There's no escaping that.

I'm going with '89 Batmobile. Exactly what I'd imagine a crazy superhero with billions of dollars would drive. Batman and Robin's is just a toy commercial and Batman '66 is like an open top convertible. A ninja master going around in that is almost as believable as The Tumbler.

I know it's an unpopular opinion, but I absolutely hated The Tumbler. Felt too forced a concept. Just massive and noisy and everything Batman wasn't. At least the others have a sleek, almost stealthy aesthetic to them. The others are a bit cartoony, and I'd get that argument, but then again Batman is cartoony. There's no escaping that.

I'm going with '89 Batmobile. Exactly what I'd imagine a crazy superhero with billions of dollars would drive. Batman and Robin's is just a toy commercial and Batman '66 is like an open top convertible. A ninja master going around in that is almost as believable as The Tumbler.

Agreed. I hated the Tumbler and I wasn't at all wild about the Batmobile from Dawn of Justice. I just don't dig the whole tank/Humvee concept as it's just so out of character with Batman as a whole. IF they did a movie based on something like Frank Miller's The Dark Knight Returns, where Batman is much older, no longer in his prime and the world has pretty much gone to shit, then something like the Tumbler works. Outside of that sort of scenario, I always felt the Batmobile should be about stealth and sleekness; of course it's going to draw attention, there's no way around that, but it draws far less attention than what's ultimately a miniature tank with wheels rather than tracks rampaging across the city causing millions in property damage.

I always really liked the design of the '89 Batmobile. I thought it provided just the right mix of power and stealth, or at least as much stealth as possible considering it's a bat themed hot rod with the armament and engine of a fighter jet.

I liked the design from the Batman animated series as well, very sleek and looks like it was built more for speed than the other designs.

The version from the TV show was cool, it looked like something that someone might actually be able to build, at least cosmetically, without looking too crazy.

The design from Batman Forever & Batman and Robin is okay, but it feels like more of an afterthought in those godawful movies. Joel Schumacher spent more time focusing on camp and the nipples on the Batsuit than on the damn car.

Batman '66 version. Always loved it and would kill to own one. I like it as much as The General Lee, never met the '66 version of the Batmobile in real life like I did The General Lee.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back