Best Rebellion (UK) match ever!!

Which was the best?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ruthless-RKO

F*ck Friends, Rather die wiv ma AK!
Okay, so this is the first of 2 UK editions of my series here in the Old School Wrestling Section.

From 1999 to 2002, WWE held 4 UK ppv's, in the last quarter of the year. Yes, it was called Rebellion. For me, it will be remembered for its cool theme and also some matches that took place in my home country England!!

So what I want to know is, from the 4 ppv's, which has to be your favourite match to take place at Rebellion??

Mine would have to be the from 1999, the very first from Birmingham, England. It has to be the main event, cage match between The Rock and Triple H for his WWE champion. I believe this was the start of their feud and it lasted along time as well. Oh, I forgot to mention it was a cage match aswell, it was a good match, both men put on a good main event and it realy started something for them, the ending rather good aswell, with bulldog coming out and holding the rock back allowing triple h escaping the cage.

Honourable Mention

The undertaker vs Chris benoit - this was a very good match, benoit has his RadicalZ attack taker backstage, but taker stillcame through and defeated him.

Chris Jericho the wcw champion vs Kurt Angle - this was during the InVasion angle and this match i remember, it was the first time in along time a roll-up was used..good match..

That's my favourite, What's yours?

Benoit/Undertaker was the only ever singles match they had at Rebellion 2000, pretty crazy when you consider how long they we're in wwe together (7 and half years).

Angle/Jericho or Rock/Austin, Edge/Christian all from Rebellion 2001 would have to be my picks for best Rebellion matches.

1999 did have a good main event (Rock/HHH cage match II) but their RAW cage match was better IMO.

2000 didn't have much to offer, a decent hardcore match between Saturn/Blackman, and Taker/Benoit, 2001 had plenty to offer as stated above, 2002 was pretty bad considering they'd announced Undertaker/Lesnar III but Taker was injured and Edge took his place, good main event but the rest of the card lacked, hell WWE even added The European title match from One night only to the DVD to sell it.

I saw your previous post about insurextion and I thought you were asking what was the best event, rather then match, over all I don't believe one match defines an event, but out of the UK PPV's Rebellion produced the best matches IMO, I can name far more better quality matches from Rebellion cards then Insurexxtion cards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back