Best promo on SMACKDOWN 2008

xeducatex

Dark Match Jobber
Simple. Who has had the best promo on Smackdown so far in this year 2008? This is kinda inspired by Hunters promo tonight.

IMO, it has to be The Brian Kendricks promo the other week. He really stepped up and showed what he can bring to the table. He is the reason I've taken such an interest in Smackdown.

Close second is the edge promo a few weeks back where he "snapped". He played that part really well. He had some crazy facial expressions and had the look down. Even the way he spoke was totally in character.

In my opinion the best promo has got to be the edge and mick foley promo. The intensity mick foley brought was so good it had me on the edge of my seat. I honestly believe there is not a promo that can even compare to that one. To bad it was micks last promo for the wwe. Nicks smackdown review was the perfect description "foley is not good, he's god"!

Next to that i would have to throw in Brian kendricks "art of war" promo and edges promo about ending the undertakers WM streak

Kendrick cut an amazing promo, but nothing, and I mean nothing, compares the Edge/Foley Cutting Edge segment. If Foley had to leave, what a high note to leave on. Both he and Edge were on extraordinary form: you could see the passion and intensity just oozing out from both of them. They played their respective characters to perfection - it's hard to see how that could be bettered. It was just as good as the stuff Jericho and Michaels have been doing on RAW, except it actually made sense.

And the ending - with Foley getting hit with a chair off a ladder through a table - was just one more extraordinary bump in a career full of them. In that segment, Foley marked his legacy in every way.

The segment where Edge "snapped" and turned on Vickie and Chavo, even though it was obvious, was pure gold. He truly looked like his mind cracked in half, with a scary jerkiness to his moves and random spazzing out. Just freakin' scary.

I also have to give some kudos to TBK's "Art of War" promo. There was some understated ferocity in that promo which I haven't seen in a long time...the kind of promo that makes you stop and think...what if? What if he won the Scramble? A performance likes that just begs you to think. Curse the WWE for not utilizing THE Brian Kendrick's potential before now...but the past is the past, and TBK is the future.

The Art of War promo was classic, i loved it! Ive got to agree with Edge and Foleys as the best of the year so far, maybe even one of the best peroid. It showed, to me, why WWE will suffer without Mick. Not because he's going to turn TNA into an unstoppable juggernaught, but because he is one of the best in the sports entertainment business.

Wow, i should really check out that 'Art of War' promo. Sounds so silly to read about a guy who looks like he's 12 talking about warfare with 6" giants, but hey the guy is still one of the best things about Smackdown right now imo.

Much like many other people have suggested, i'd have to go with Edge/Foley as well. Foley's always been promo gold and Edge pulled off 'snapping' very well. Tbh i don't watch many Smackdown promos because more often than not they feature Vickie and i can't stand 1 nano second of her on TV.

it was by far the edge foley promo. the intensity that rang off that promo was off the charts. it should the passion that they both coulkd bring to a show it was just plain amazing. that was by far the best one of 2008 and mabye the best one in a LONG time

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back