Best brand for mobiles.

Sparky

Master of the Aussie kiss
and I phones do NOT count.

What in your opinion is the best brand for mobiles?

For me, I can't go wrong with Nokia. out of the 11 phones i have had, I have had 8 nokia's. out of them nokia's only one has broke and that was because it was dropped out of a rollercoaster. oh and one died after being five years old. The old ones the nokia 3310 ect, Was indistructable. You could through it against a brick wall and would still work fine. the other mobiles I have had have not lasted me long at all. The battery's, Applications and even looks are all better in the nokia range then the rest. what is your opinion on the best brand?

Funny that you say Nokias are indestructible, I got my first cell phone (Nokia) when I was 12, and I think it still works 8 years later. I'm not typically a fan of the Nokia design because I prefer a flip design which Nokia doesn't often make.
Motorola has a good name, and they feel sturdy because they're nice and heavy. I had a Razr that started dialing people in my phone book by itself, and then the keypad stopped working. I was only a year and a half into my contract. I wasn't impressed, and apparently it's very common for the flat keypad to stop working.
LG isn't generally given a name of prestige in cell phones, but the LG I had still works. I got it 6 years ago (haven't used it in 3) and I've passed it on to my younger sister. I've never heard of anything going wrong on an LG phone. They aren't too expensive, they have nice features, and they seem to last forever.
Right now I have a Blackberry. I hated the thing for the first month because it was complicated to use. I've grown to love some of it's features, but I'm not sure it's worth the money. I loved my LG just as much at 1/3 of the price.
I don't think I'd ever by a touchscreen phone like the iPhone, LG Chocolate, or whatever other touchscreens there are. The screens get all fingerprinted up, you can accidentally press buttons just while picking up your phone, and there's too much potential for whatever it is that senses touch to break.

Long story short, I'd go with LG again. I don't use my phone as an MP3 player or an email system or anything fancy, so I don't like those features on my phone (although most LG phones have those things now). The Blackberry has too much crap I never use and the internet is super slow and only works sometimes.

For me it would of been the LG before christmas, but then I got the Sony Ericson phone ( forgot the actual name for the model). It is really easy to wor, and I mean really easy. The buttons are big enough to actually press. The menu is so simple to work out. It coems with a cord to your computer so you can put stuff on your phone. Bluetooth works really well on this phone. I could go on and on about how good it is. The only flaw is that it gets hard to write the numbers on #100# or #125#, but then again it still isn't that hard. I have had alot of models like LG, Motorola and a Nokia but nothing compares to this phone.

I've used Motorola for years now and I'm very happy with it. The quality of the phone itself is solid, the features are good, it looks cool, and it's just nice overall. I've had three now, two of which I got rid of because I just wanted a new one. It's a good product at a fairly decent price, so easily it's my favorite. When you can get four new phones for 4 cents, that's not something you pass up.

Nokia

Granted, I've only had 4 phones in my life. But from past experience, and from many other's past experience, the best brand for mobile phones has always been Nokia. Sure, they might not look as cool as the Sony Ericsson and the Motorolas, but Nokia has great features and most importantly, the phones are built to last.

Out of the 4 phones I've had, 3 have been Nokia's. A few years ago I decided I wanted a change and bought the Motorola V3 Razr. Biggest mistake. I hated it. It felt too plastic, the features weren't anything to brag about, and it was screwing up on a fairly often basis. It froze about once every 2 weeks. Then, I accidently dropped it in the toilet (no joke lol) and BOOM, it's fucked for life. I tried to repair it, but it wouldn't turn on or anything. $300 down the drain (almost literally :lmao:).
In another true story, my Dad dropped his Nokia phone in a paint tin, and it still works many years after the incident!

Nokia > All other phones. It's a fact, because durability is the most important thing when it comes to phones.

Sony Ericsson for me!

I've had sooo many phones over the years (Nokia's, Sagem's, Samsung's) but the Sony Ericsson phones are just plain awesome. They look good, they have good features and my current phone (W595) is just perfect for me - enough memory to hold more then enough albums for my walk to work, the internet, good games and access to my e-mail - everything you could want in a phone

I like Samsung. I am on my third consecutive with my recent purchase of the rant. I think the menus are very easy to use. I use my phone to surf the internet and watch video. I think that the Samsung phones have the highest picture quality. I also like the layout of the Samsung keyboard. The sliding keyboard has well spaced keys, which is good for adult males in a day when every phone seems designed for girls 12-17.

There are many other features on Samsung that I like. I have found that bluetooth devices sync very quickly with Samsung phones.

I have had Nokia's and just didn't like the design or feel of them. I had an LG, but everyone sounded like they were mumbling. I liked the size and feel in my hand, but it was tough to hold against my shoulder when I needed my hands.

Sony Ericsson for me too. The last 4 phones I've had have been them. I wasn't sure to start with about getting one, had heard so many bad things about them, but probably wouldn't go for another brand now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back