Bellator 50 LD

The Best

The Best
I'm pretty sure that it starts at 7, so if you want some good fights before UFC UFN, than come here. We are now in the middleweight quarterfinals, whcih follows the exciting welterweight quarters last week.

The 8 fighters are (the match ups are messed up, so I'm not sure; it says something different on wiki than it does on the Bellator website) are:

Jared Hess (Has been fighting for Bellator since their 4th even. Strong DII wrestler with good jiu jitsu, and takes backs at will.)

Bryan Baker (very experienced. Fought with both Bellator and the WEC in the past were he has a decision loss to Chael Sonnen on his belt. This guy is red hot though; coming off of two very impressive wins over Joe Riggs by KO and Jeremy Horn by decision. He lost in the finals of the Bellator season 2 tournament to Alexander Shlemenko, who is another guy we'll see tonight.)

Zelg Galesic (known for fighting in cage rage where he won their middleweight championship and dream, this guy owns a 10-5 record, with 8 of his wins coming by knockout, and never finishing 3 rounds with his opponent yet. This guy is not one to sleep on, as he's fought against Japan's best, and owns a 4th degree black belt in Tae-kwon-do.)

Alexander Shlemenko (very experienced, and very exciting. This man owns a 40-7 record with 25 of those wins coming by knockout. This man is an absolute beast, with frighting knockout power. He also won the Bellator season 2 middleweight tournament, but lost a close unanimous decision for the title against Hector Lombard.)

Sam Alvey (very young fighter, but very experienced. Holds a 15-2 record, and look for his quickness in the stand up game; along with a good guard.

Vitor Vianna (very quick, abrazilian, and 2nd degree BJJ black belt. Next to Victor O'Donnell and Shlemenko, this guy is my favorite to win it. Fast on his feet, good submissions, and tons of experience shape this man's fight style.)

Victor O'Donnell (Ultimate fighter Liddell vs. Ortiz/Franklin alum, were at first, he was one of the favorites to win it, as Dana, Chuck, and Tito were very high up on him, but he lost a WAR to Chris Camozzi, who got injured in that fight to see who would make it to the house. Since then the guy hasn't done much, but I feel like this guy has the most to prove.)

Brian Rogers (strong wrestler, 7-2 record with 6 knockouts, and very aggressive. Look for this guy to finish the fight very early.)

Here we go; fights start at 7.

Good round; Alvey is a really exciting fighter. Those 2 take downs matter, and Vianna showed his superior ground ability too.

Vianna takes the round 10-9, and ties the fight at 19-19

These announcers make me mad; they're just so annoying. Alvey had that huge stuffed take down, and Vianna's striking is INCREDIBLY weak; especially compared to Alvey's/

Alvey takes the round 10-9, and the fight 29-28

no, Alvey had that. Vianna has terrible striking; if he can't take his next fight to the ground, than he's done.

Shlemenko is incredible. Starts the fight off by dropping Gaelsic, and then finishes the fight in the first round with a standing guillotine.

Victor O'Donnell vs. Brian Rogers is up next. O'Donnell has a massive beard; he looks a lot different than he did on TUF.

Rogers is just flat out explosive. He won by TKO in the 1st round, but a questionable stoppage by the referee, but I'm not going to weigh in on it. I mean, it could have gone either way.

Wow, that was a fantastic round! Hess is gassed, but he did mad work that round. Lot's of back and forth actions with take downs, take down defenses, and submission attempts and escapes.

Hess takes the round 10-9

Baker was just flat out better that round. His jiu jitsu is so much better than Hess' and is striking is better too; especially since Hess is well beyond gassed out. Baker just looks flat out better this fight.

Baker wins the round 10-9, and the fight is tied 19-19

Baker wrecks, and gets the stoppage victory. Off to UFC fight night, and I might be, but might be covering the Bantamweight event due to UFC 135. Thanks for reading!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back