Behind the Scenes: WZ Raids

Kermit

the Frog
Hello folks,

The school year has ended for me and I have been trying to find something else besides RPing that could fuel my creative outlet. Obviously, I can't do anything too strenuous or something that requires specific deadlines due to my current computer situation. BUT, I do have access to a computer and I occasionally do have random moments of free time. So, what is a frog to do?

If you have seen some of my posts over the last few weeks, I have been brainstorming some ideas. Everything from doing a one-off Book This! event, running a very small Book This! fed, making trading cards, creating a cash system for WZCW, and other ideas. Amongst all of these, I reignited an idea that derived from a former project I use to do on an old forum.

So here we are, the first sneak peak at WZ Raids.

------------------​

Have you ever wanted to be someone? Have you ever wanted to be a hero? In WZ Raids you are born in a town that breeds heroes. You will be quickly thrown into the rank of people who will meet the needs of those in the world around you. Vanquishing beasts and taking down gangs of notorious evil-doers will become common practice as you build your legacy. But you can't do it alone!

WZ Raids will require players to form teams and take on different missions as they slowly build their dynasty. Acquiring experience and new items are must as the difficulty of tasks increase along your journey. Pick your allies carefully and band together as the WZ Raids' world needs you. There are no solo missions.

2hx3uhf.png

I would like to begin the hype for this interactive simulated text-base RPG by examining a key aspect to the game, the "player card." This card will hold all the information that each player needs to know about their character. Please join me as break down this player card prototype.

Name
-Self explanatory. This is simply where the player's name will be placed to signify whose player card it is. There will most likely be a character limit so that names don't exceed the box.

Everything below "Name": (H), (A), (W), (S/Q), (O)
-This will signify what items you have equipped at the moment. These slots free up some spots in your inventory. The best items will always be automatically equipped, unless requested otherwise. The (S/Q) section is for shields and quivers, and the (O) is for other items.

The blue boxes in the bottom left
-Right now, the plan is place special badges in this area. That way people can show off some of their impressive achievements on their player card.

The blank white box at the top and in the center
-This place will be reserved for players to show off their guild's crest. The game will require players to agree on doing missions each time they do one, but guilds will allow the leader to automatically start tasks for them.

"Class"
-Players will be able to choose from three different class types: Warrior, Wizard, and Archer. More may be added later on.

"Level"
-Level will display how experienced a player is. Different tasks will have different requirements, some of which will involve players reaching a certain level.

"Guild"
-Will display the name of your guild.

G-0 S-0 B-10
-Will be where your money is displayed. G stands for gold, S for silver, and B for bronze. 100 Bronze coins = 1 Silver coin, 10 Silver coins = 1 Gold coin. Players will earn money as they complete missions and by trading with other players.

Stars
-This is your prestige. Separate from your level, prestige signifies your status in the WZ Raids' world. More difficult missions will most likely require higher prestige.

Hearts
-This is your health. Each heart represents 10 health points. You gain more hearts as you level.

Brown boxes on the right side
-This will show all the items you have. Maybe some missions will require different types of gear. This is the place to store them.

---------------------​

Other information you might like to know

-Here is the basic structure of how people will play. I'll use Player A as an example. Player A requests to create a character following the given format in the official thread. I, who act as the game's "server", create his account and give him the green light. Player A can now follow another given format that can allow him to either start a group or join another player's group. A group must be the size of at least two people. Once I get back on, whenever that might be, I will simulate the mission that they embarked on. I will update their player cards and update them on what exactly happened. Which will include:

• Number of kills by each player
  • Amount of loot for each player
  • Special items received
  • Final Boss Battle log

Once Player A's mission is confirmed and completed by the "server", he may start a new mission or do something else.

-Random events will happen where available players can answer a call of distress and help towns defend an infestation of villains or clear out a bar cellar that is full of trolls. These random events will almost always offer up special items.

-I will update the server as often as I can. Which means that it could only be once a day or multiple times a day. It all depends on what I can do.

-The game will be updated routinely so that new content is always available.

-Some of the beginner missions will probably have 100 "minion" type of characters and one final boss. The final boss battle will be the only point in the mission that players can actually "die".

-The game will probably debut in a "beta" stage. Meaning that it will probably have a lot of changes in the beginning.

--------------​

Please, feel free to ask me questions about this project or display your interest if you have it.

Mainly, this is a game that I want to run for WZCW members to kill some time as they wait for boards and shows to go up. Although, I would not be opposed to having non-WZCW members join, but that may require me to move the game out of the backstage section.

Are you going to run this all? OR is it a website that we all play on? I'm sorry, I'm not down for any D&D stuff, I'd play it if I could do it myself. It seems pretty complicated, but I do have a pretty small brain.

It would be setup on the forums. There is no role playing really involved, and it requires little time to do.

Can you give me an example? Like use Bowen in whatever way you want on the Player card. That is what's confusing to me.

There is already an example in the OP, or do you want a more specific example? Like actual "game play."

This idea intrigues me, I play DnD regularly anyway so I would probably pick up the mechanics quite readily...

Here is how it would go.

Player A said:
Name: Player A
Action: Starting a group to clear out a Rat's Nest.
Party Size: 4
Party Type: Open
Other: None

Player B said:
Name: Player B
Action: Joining Player A's group for Rat's Nest.

Player C said:
Name: Player C

Player D said:
Name: Player D

Me said:
Server Update
  • Party A's group request has been accepted.

Me said:
Server Update

• Player A's group mission log.

-100 Rats
--Player A killed 25
--Player B killed 12
--Player C killed 53
--Player D killed 10

-Rat King Battle Log
--Details about the final battle.

I am thinking about going the more simple route without all the graphics, or by just creating simple graphics. It would follow the format that my current Yoshi project does. Don't worry, this project idea is still alive!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back