Beer Money/APA?

wrestlingfanusa

Occasional Pre-Show
So ive been watching videos on the old apa and i was thinking tna should bring this back with beer money even though bobby roode will become champion soon im sure beer money will still be a team. Do u thnk it be a good idea or would u like to see it? The apa was two tough guys and if bobby roode ever came back to regulary teaming with storm i think it be a great thing. They are two big tough guys, plus it would fit there tag team/gimmick very well. It would just mesh with the name beer money. It would also add some depth to the tag team/character. Imagine seeing storm and roode at a bar and they having a brawl with a new tag team or just having a bar fight. So who likes this idea? It would also work if they brought back chris harris.

It's not a bad Idea, but I think with Roode and possibly Storm getting singles pushes it might be to late to do something like that with them. Now if Roode doesn't win the title and their individual pushes stall then maybe they could go that route, although I don't see them stalling out, plus this would just cause more TNA bashing (like there's not enough of that already on the net) since they would just be stealing a WWE idea/gimmick, could be entertaining though.

Oh my fucking God, please learn to use punctuation and to capitalize, you fucking idiot.

That being said, the idea is way too similar to APA to be considered. I know that wrestling is a big cycle and that gimmicks and storylines get rehashed, but this just wouldn't work.

I have honestly thought that the only way to ever make James Storm and Robert Roode entertaining in any way, shape or form is to give them the APA Protection type gimmick. Let them sit backstage and do their own thing taking the highest offers to take people out. Doesn't matter who or what division, just who offers the most money. If they don't do this then I hope HHH does recruit them both and take them over to the kids company. I don't watch WWE and I don't enjoy watching Beer Money as they are or as singles!

I like both Roode and Storm and I also liked APA (prefered The Acolytes though), but I would not want to see this. Firstly because I don't want more recycled WWE storylines used in either WWE or TNA and secondly because I think Roode is on the brink of becoming a top star in his own right and possibly something that is bigger than a gimmick like that. He is not my favourite wrestler by any stretch of the imagination but he is over right now and I would rather see him rise to the top of TNA as an individual or both him and Storm go to the WWE as a tag team.

They shouldve done this when beer money was first formed. Btw this ain't english class and im not writing a english term paper. So i don't really give a flying fuck if i get everything perfect u fucking idiot. Now they don't have too or didnt have to exactly copy it, but if they did a protection gimmick based on getting money for there beer and just for the love of fighting then yes it would be nice. Plus i don't see anyone in wwe or tna that could bring back the gimmick other than them. Just a fun little idea though, i think the beer money idea was great. But this little thing if modified right could put it over the top. Define wat beer money as a tag team is all bout. Which would be kicking ass and getting money to drink some beer. Reason i thought of this idea bc while watching the apa it gave them credibility bc they came off as such tough guys that could kick anyones ass. I don't think it be stealing anyones idea if they were to be shown in a few backstage brawls or bar room brawls.

You might not care about getting everything perfect but, fuck me, at least make an attempt to get SOME of it right.

As for the idea, the latest in an every growing line of "things I miss from the Attitude Era so I'm going to suggest ways they can be used today" how about....no? And you're a fuckwit for even thinking it?

So, Robert Roode, the next possible TNA champion, should regress from that into a mid-card tag-team gimmick that really had no goal other then to establish who the APA were?

Firstly, Roode and Storm aren't big enough. By that I mean either build or height wise. The reason the APA could come across as thugs for hire (and the same goes from Kronic in WCW) was because they were hulking men. Beer Money are above that. It would go against what they are and always have been as a team. I know wrestling likes to forget it's history but, fuck me, you'd be ignoring everything about them from why they formed to who they are now...and all to relive an attitude era fetish.

So, yeah, well done. Another AE piece of crap from "wrestlingfanusa". I'm just waiting for you to bash out the logic that Vickie Guerrero should give birth to a plastic hand because "they haven't got anyone else in WWE that can do it....douche bag!

I don't watch WWE and I don't enjoy watching Beer Money as they are or as singles!

I've gotta know. Who DO you enjoy watching?

Roode and Storm have two great individual gimmicks and both are awesome on the mic. Down the road (at least after a year), I would love to see Roode or Storm with the World belt team back up and make another run with the tag titles for a month or two.

Why*– so fans can complain more about them stealing WWE story lines when they're not bitching about them hiring ex-WWE talent?

Sorry dude, but no. On paper this is not a poor idea. I'll give you that much, but for a company who should be looking to distance themselves from the history of other promotions they were not a part of and for a company who should be looking to solidify their own, it's just best to stay away from something like this. It's too directly related to something a lot of people would recognize.

That's not to say that all historical angles can't be done in TNA/IW, but the more specific and obvious ones really should be avoided. It's lazy booking, anyway.

I think Beer Money should stick to being simply being Beer Money. The APA for its time was badass and I can see and always seen how these two resemble each other but, I just think if they even went anywhere near this route more WWElitists would bash TNA even more then they do now. It would be a cool retro feel to TNA but leave it to rest. TNA needs more original ideas of their own they shouldn't try to take any more ideas from the WWE as taking their former wrestlers is enough.

Well like i sad, they wouldn't have to completely copy there gimmick. I also said after roode gets his run on top they could do this. I see them teaming up again, and also i don't see them breaking up anytime soon. But the point i was making was they don't really have a identity. All they really got is a catchy name without the gimmick, i mean its been at least 9 years since we seen the apa not counting there one time reunion in 07. I do think they have the look to do this, now another idea would be if they brought chris harris back in and teamed him up with james storm. I could also see that working and i would love to see harris back in tna. Either one of those guys it would work for, but i think roode could come off as someone who could kick someones ass. I know james storm has that personality where he could come off that way.

So ive been watching videos on the old apa and i was thinking tna should bring this back with beer money

Why? What would that even accomplish? Beer Money are one of the best tag teams we have seen in years. Turning them into an APA ripoff would not only ruin their momentum due to being permanently seen as inferior to the original, but it would also add yet another bullet to the list of things that TNA has ripped off of WWE or WCW.

Do u thnk it be a good idea or would u like to see it?

Absolutely not. Beer Money need to remain the same as they are now. Roode and Storm will both become main event stars and Beer Money can live on as a great tag team. One that isn't a ripoff of an older team.

Imagine seeing storm and roode at a bar and they having a brawl with a new tag team or just having a bar fight.

That sounds like an awesome idea for a tag team angle for them. Why can't they just do that as Beer Money? Who said you have to be an APA knockoff in order to have a barfight to get an upcoming tag team match over?

It would also work if they brought back chris harris.

No.... Just NO. Harris was awful and I would rather not see him in another match again. I don't see how you could think that. I'm not talking about Braden Walker, even his TNA run was bad.

Beer Money is Beer Money, APA is APA. They both have different roots and gimmicks so I don't think the two should be compared. If Bobby Roode really wins the title, which sooner or later will be true, I'm sure Beer Money will be history. There are rumors that Chris Harris is going to rejoin James Storm to re-create America's Most Wanted (maybe with Gail Kim she's a free agent now, good acquisition for the KO Division). Maybe they will have sporadic Tag Team action side by side but definitely Bobby Roode is stepping up into the main event picture without James Storm.

There are two issues i have that i feel keep popping up on these boards..

The first one is ths constant citing of ex wwe employers working for newer companies as a legitimate criticism of the new host company. Its not based on any type of logic and a wrestler being washed up or not is kinda subjective at times..

The second is the idea that wwe is entitled to copyright privlidges to even the most generic concepts and that if its done in WWE prominently then its just a WWE original..

The APA were two brawling rednecks from the bar.. alot of bars have these type of people in them and size doesnt matter. BMI is similar to APA because of a shared interest and setting.. Sayin that they take their characters further in an APA direction is the natural progression.

If BMI is an APA rip off Harlem heat was a Doom rip off.. The Hardys are the Steiners of the 2000s and the steiners were the Briscoes of the 90s.. its like sayin Goldberg was a rip off of stone cold because only the WWF was entitled to a bald white guy in black trunks that would rise to be the savior of a company ran by a corrupt boss and an outlaw faction..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back