Battle for World Dominance

Little Jerry Lawler

Sigmund Freud On Ritalin And Roids
Over in TNA, they do a World X Cup every two years I believe. I loved the one they did last year with Team TNA, International, Japan, and Mexico. It was high-paced action every minute and you can tell the competitors were really into it. The World X Cup got to showcase talent from other countries and is a great idea. Do you think WWE will do this one day and how will it be received?

My suggestion is you have a Team America, Team Canada, Team Mexico, and Team International. The teams can be composed of wrestlers who aren't around a major storyline involving a title so they won't have double priorities. My teams would consist of something like this:

Team America: Big Show, HBK, Jack Swagger
Team Mexico: Rey Mysterio, Chavo Guerrero, ??? (I don't know any other Hispanic wrestlers currently employed by WWE)
Team Canada: Chris Jericho, DH Smith or Tyson Kidd, Christian
Team International: Paul Birchill, William Regal, Finlay or Vladmir Kozlov

It would be a great way for wrestlers not featured very much on the three major shows to be featured and I believe it would be a good idea.

So what are your thoughts? Would you like to see this or will it take up too much time? If you like it, list your teams and the wrestlers? And if not, explain why it wouldn't be received well by Vince or the fans?

Well i do like the idea but i dont forsee WWE using any idea used by TNA and it would be a little harder to do with the 3 seperate brannds. but if they do than heres the teams I would use

America: C. HBK(jus to give the tournament legitimacy) Swagger would be a must and Benjamin jus to give him one more chance to get over

Canada: C. Jericho and the heart dynasty

Mexico C Mysterio and well Chavo and maybe Primo or Carlito could fit with their background

International: C. Regal Khali and Kofi

i think that this would kinda be a great idea for wwe to reach more out to the fans from all over the world in a way i.m.o. but for the teams i am double sided how they would determine on the make up of them...like im sure they wouldnt to make the international team to be full of heels and of course wwe would like the untied states to be over as a face team and show them in a respected manner, u know what i mean? so yeah i think that mixing up the teams with both heel and faces but having them like the x division guys young and willing to take spots from time to time just to keep things exciting and have a vet or few on the team would be a great idea and u know what maybe throw in a few divas in the mix...also keep the mega main eventers out. make this something to get guys over...now tell me what u think of that?

I too like the idea, but the WWE will never copy TNA, as mentioned above. Here are my teams:

Team USA - John Cena, Shelton Benjamin, Jack Swagger and MVP

Team Canada - Chris Jericho, Edge, Christian and DH Smith

Team International - Rey Mysterio, William Regal, Great Khali and Finlay

Obviously, I have axed Team Mexico as there are only 2 Mexicans with the company and put Mysterio with Team International and put all stables up to 4 members instead of 3. If only Kurt Angle was still in WWE, who better to lead Team USA, eh?

I don't think that kind of match will happen in the WWE, for one WWE will not likely borrown TNA's ideas, nor would it really work in the WWE I don't believe. For one with the majority of the wrestler's listed as team members, it wouldn't be a non-stop, high-paced continous action packed match. Quite a few listed are to big and slow, some methodical and technical and a few are high spotting. So it just wouldn't be a good mix of talent, unless we nixed the "major" players from the match and keep it with the smaller, more exciting talent, then it might work, other than that, I don't think so. Just my two cents though.

I agree with some of the others who's posted about WWE copying TNA's ideals. so imo i think wwe should kinda tweek it a little by instead of making it their backgrounds, why not have it the way they wrestle? make them form stables and let them battle to see which style is better.
High Flyers C. Jeff Hardy, Rey Mysterio, Kofi Kingston
Submissions C. Y2J? or Undertaker, Jack Swagger, C.M. Punk - Manager Natayla
Brawlers C. John Cena, Batista, and Umaga?
Giant C. Big Show or Kane, Khali or Vladamir, Mark Henry - Manager Beth Pheonix
anyways thats in my opinion instead of having them battle with their background why not make it the way they fight. and i know i named mostly main eventers but im tired and was too lazy to think
Thoughts? Bash? Props?

I too think that the WWE wouldn't copy something from TNA. I have to agree with WWEFreak and say that if they tried to do something like this WWE should use their move sets instead of the nationality. I would have 6 teams and my teams would consist of 4 members and the teams would be as follows:

High Flying Team: Jeff Hardy, Rey Mysterio, John Morrison, and Evan Bourne

Hardcore Team: Edge, Tommy Dreamer, Kane, and William Regal

Submission Team: Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Finlay, and Charlie Haas

Wrestling Team: John Cena, Jack Swagger, Ted DiBiase, and Shelton Benjamin

Brawling Team: Batista, Mark Henry, Vladimir Kozlov, and Jamie Noble

Giants Team: Big Show, The Great Khali, Ezekiel Jackson, and Mike Knox

I would have the teams feud from the end of SummerSlam all the way up until Survivor Series. During this time there would be a series of singles, triple threat, fatal four-way, and tag matches between the teams. Then, at Survivor Series, there would be a tournament to see which team is the most dominant. The teams would be paired up in 4 on 4, elimination matches that were chosen randomly. I would have the Teams face off like this:

Submission Team (Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Finlay, and Charlie Haas) vs Brawling Team (Batista, Mark Henry, Vladimir Kozlov, and Jamie Noble)
Winning Team: Brawling Team - The end of the match would come when Chris Jericho has the Walls of Jericho locked on William Regal then, right before Regal is about to tap, Batista hits the Spear on Jericho for the 3 count.

Hardcore Team (Edge, Tommy Dreamer, Kane, and William Regal) vs Wrestling Team (John Cena, Jack Swagger, Ted DiBiase, and Shelton Benjamin)
Winning Team: Wrestling Team - The finish of this match would come when Edge hits the Spear on Ted DiBiase sending them both to the outside of the ring. While William Regal is being double teamed on the outside by Shelton Benjamin and Jack Swagger, Kane goes flying off the top ring post onto all three men fighting on the outside. This left Dreamer in the ring to get FU'd by Cena for the 3 count.

High Flying Team (Jeff Hardy, Rey Mysterio, John Morrison, and Evan Bourne) vs Giants Team (Big Show, The Great Khali, Ezekiel Jackson, and Mike Knox)
Winning Team: High Flying Team - The finish to the match would come when the ref gets knocked down after a clothesline by Mike Knox. All 4 members of the High Flying Team grab a weapon (Hardy with a chair, Mysterio with the ring bell, Morrison with a Kendo Stick, and Bourne with a Steel Pipe) and they beat down the Giants Team. The ref then starts to come to his senses and everyone hits their finisher on Ezekiel Jackson who was left in the ring by his partners. Evan Bourne would get the 3 after his Shooting Star Press.

The Submission Team vs The Brawling Team would be the opener for the show. The Hardcore Team vs The Wrestling Team would be the third or fourth card on the match. The High Flying Team vs The Giants Team would be like a upper mid-card main event during the show. This would leave some time between the matches to have title matches on the card still. The final match between The Brawling Team, The Wrestling Team, and The High Flying Team in a three-way tag team elimination match would end up being the Main Event for the show.

Brawling Team (Batista, Mark Henry, Vladimir Kozlov, and Jamie Noble) vs Wrestling Team (John Cena, Jack Swagger, Ted DiBiase, and Shelton Benjamin) vs High Flying Team (Jeff Hardy, Rey Mysterio, John Morrison, and Evan Bourne)
The Team that ends up winning the match is the Wrestling Team - The Eliminations would go something like this:
First person eliminated: Jamie Noble after Mysterio hits the 619 in the first few minutes of the match.
Second person eliminated: Rey Mysterio after Mark Henry catches a flying cross body and reverses it into the Worlds Strongest Slam.
Third person eliminated: Ted DiBiase after Batsita hits the spinebuster followed by the Spear.
Fourth person eliminated: Mark Henry after a Swanton Bomb by Jeff Hardy and a Shooting Star Press by Evan Bourne who gets the 3 count.
Fifth person eliminated: Evan Bourne after a Gutwrench Powerbomb from Jack Swagger.
Sixth person eliminated: John Morrison after an FU from John Cena.
Seventh person eliminated: Shelton Benjamin after a running headbutt from Kozlov.
Eighth person eliminated: Vladimir Kozlov after an accidental spear by Batista that was aimed at Jeff Hardy but, Jeff Hardy moved out of the way and Kozlov got the spear, Jeff Hardy covered Kozlov after this.
Ninth person eliminated: Jeff Hardy after a Spear from Batista. This would also eliminate the High Flying Team from the match.
Tenth person eliminated Batista after Jack Swagger went for the Gutwrench Powerbomb that was reversed into a Spinebuster then, John Cena enters the ring after a blind tag by Jack Swagger and hits the FU on Batista. This would end up giving the Wrestling Team the win.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back