Batman to be Rebooted in Justice League Movie/No Wonder Woman and Flash Solo Movies

FlexAmerican Dynamite

WZCW WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION
Possible Warner Bros Plan to put out a Justice League movie to compete with Avengers 2

When and how will we next see Batman on film? There are a lot of theories, suggestions and rumors floating around the web about that very topic now that Christopher Nolan's work on the "Dark Knight" trilogy is completed — and if one rumor is to be believed, the Caped Crusader's next on-screen assault won't come by way of a solo film.

Jett at Batman-On-Film.com reports that Warner Bros. and DC Entertainment are planning to reintroduce Bruce Wayne and his crimefighting alter-ego as part of their planned "Justice League" adaptation, not sooner. Rather than following "Man of Steel" with another Batman movie, the report suggests that "Justice League" is the studio's next big superhero priority, with solo movies based on the team-up's cast — Batman included — spinning out afterwards. A reverse "Avengers," if you will.

Keep in mind that we're firmly in rumor mode on this one. But if it pans out, I'm not necessarily opposed to the idea of "Justice League" introducing characters who go on to have their own movie franchises. I think that's not a bad way of giving us our first live-action dose of Wonder Woman, for example; show audiences how badass Princess Diana of Themyscira really is, and watch them line up in droves for her solo outing two years later.

Batman, on the flip side, is a character that everyone is deeply familiar with at this point, currently in the context of the Nolan films. Reintroducing him through "Justice League" recontextualizes Batman in a greater DC Universe, leading the way for another series of Bat-films that are as far removed from the Nolan era as possible — hopefully only in terms of content, not in terms of quality.

If "Justice League" really is the next DC film following "Man of Steel," here's hoping they keep the roster tight (Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Green Lantern and Martian Manhunter, if I had my way), and that the writer and filmmaker knows what they're doing.

Speaking of directors, CBM has a rundown of some possible names being bandied about for the "Justice League" movie. Proceed with a serious helping of salt at your disposal.

Short Version: WB plans on introducing a new Batman in the JL moive and have no plans for a Wonder Woman or Flash movie before the apparent 2015 release of Justice League.

Edit: Whether there is a Wonder Woman or Flash movie depends on the success of the Justice League Movie.

Lets be honest everyone knows Batman's origin story like the back of their hand, starting him off in a Justice League movie makes sense and they can gloss over his origin in the solo movie and throw him straight into something.

FLash and Wonder Woman are fairly simple characters to make movies out of in all honesty, they souldn't cock those up.

This is probably the best way to do it without a massive backlash and criticism of a new Batman film.

The only thing that worries is that Man of Steel is the only build up to a JL movie. I understand they want to compete with the Avengers 2 but if this is there plan they have a lot to gain but even more to lose.

If Man Of Steel is the only build up to this, then I see them introducing Lex Luthor at the end of MOS, and he puts together the Injustice League for the JL movie :cool:. Or if the Injustice League aren't the villians in the movie then I can see Lex or Joker being the sole villian, much like Loki in The Avengers.

There's already people saying Superman pulled Batman out of The Bat in the end of TDKR.

It makes sense for Batman, but I do worry about Flash, Wonder Women etc... simply because people aren't overly familiar with their stories and have little-to-no investment in those characters. That's why the Avengers worked well with Marvel; they familiarised you with everyone who was key in that movie because they showed up at some point throughout the build. For Batman, it's fine because everyone knows who he is; the others might be slightly fudged here though.

People seem to be forgetting that there has constantly been a Justice League cartoon on TV since 2001, not to mention 3 DCAU movies centered around the JL. I think people should & probably already are pretty familiar with the team & characters by now. I have no issue with how they're approaching this movie, I think it's a great way to reboot Batman, & introduce Wonder Woman, & Flash to the movie going world. The only issue I really have is them trying to compete with Avengers 2, that's just setting yourself up for failure right there, hopefully they're smart enough to at least separate the two films by a couple months.

...PLEASE tell me you're making that up.
Nope. The reason it came up was because there is a Justice League episode with Batman driving the Watchtower towards an enemy base just before impact, Superman saves him. The setup is similar to when Batman took Bane's bomb out of Gotham in TDKR. It's more of a joke than anything, but the parallels are there.

People seem to be forgetting that there has constantly been a Justice League cartoon on TV since 2001, not to mention 3 DCAU movies centered around the JL. I think people should & probably already are pretty familiar with the team & characters by now. I have no issue with how they're approaching this movie, I think it's a great way to reboot Batman, & introduce Wonder Woman, & Flash to the movie going world. The only issue I really have is them trying to compete with Avengers 2, that's just setting yourself up for failure right there, hopefully they're smart enough to at least separate the two films by a couple months.
This is true. The Justice League also appears regularly in Young Justice and there's more animated movies on the way. Personally, a live action Teen Titans movie would be better. No need for so many solo movies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back