Bad ratings news for new IWC Champions...

WWE's let a lot of ho-hum draws stay in the main event. At this point, Punk's booking leaves me confident in his continued success. Bryan's the one to worry about.

The point is, if Punk's not drawing, he's not going to CONTINUE staying in the main-event. The WWE isn't going to give up on someone after three weeks, they're going to give him the best chance possible. But if they feel it's proven Punk hurts the product, then Punk isn't going to stay where he's at. Same for Bryan.

I'm not saying that is happening or will happen, I'm just explaining why you should care about ratings.

I know, I get where you're coming from, but from a right here and now point of view, I'm enjoying the product so if the numbers are bad I'm not too fussed. However if they were to stay in the same patten and reports were that Punk more-so than Bryan was going to be taking a step back in his role on RAW then yeah, chances are I'd care a little bit more.

Another reason might be because this episode didn't at all promote the Royal Rumble. Usually the first 1 or 2 weeks before the Rumble are just throw away RAWs.

This isn't a Cena thing, this isn't a Punk thing, not even a Triple H thing, completely. This is about people seeing the current WWE product as not good, and people tuning out. Something about the product is turning people away; it isn't just one wrestler

Fucking bingo. The Rock barely drew any extra buys for his first match in 7 years at Survivor Series. THE FUCKING ROCK!

People just aren't that interested in wrestling right now. Things will get better in the spring in time for Wrestlemania, they always do. This is typically the time of year many wrestling fans tune out though, in large part because of the NFL.

"As noted before, the December 19th RAW Supershow did a 2.92 cable rating and 4.29 million viewers with the TLC pay-per-view fallout.

In the segment breakdown, the show opened with a strong 3.36 rating, likely interest from the TLC pay-per-view. Randy Orton vs. Wade Barrett lost 721,000 viewers but Beth Phoenix vs. Alicia Fox gained 277,000 viewers. Jinder Mahal vs. Sheamus lost 247,000 viewers and the John Cena promo that featured Kane and Mark Henry gained 428,000 viewers with a 3.18 quarter rating.

Epico & Primo vs. The Usos and Cody Rhodes vs. Santino Marella lost 719,000 viewers. Backstage segments with John Laurinaitis and The Bella Twins, Hornswoggle and a Big Show interview lost 56,000 viewers.

In what is a very bad sign, the overrun for the CM Punk, Daniel Bryan & Zack Ryder vs. Alberto Del Rio, The Miz & Dolph Ziggler match gained only 59,000 viewers. This is almost impossible as people tune into USA to see the next TV show. This means wrestling fans were tuning out in large numbers. Fans tuned out mostly during the first part of the match but viewership picked up some at 11pm.

The RAW six-man main event did a 2.67 rating, which might be the lowest rated RAW main event of this year."

It can't be helped. Besides the opening segment and the main event was there anything else in the show? Cena and Kane were certainly not gonna make you stick around for 2 hours. Smackdown and Impact promote a few matches and always have several stories going at once, but Raw doesn't really focus on that. Then they jam their 3 main stories into one match, they basically skinned the show. The only thing that was worth anything was seeing Ryder and the ROH boys together and that didn't scratch 10 minutes of a 2+ hour broadcast.

It can't be helped. Besides the opening segment and the main event was there anything else in the show? Cena and Kane were certainly not gonna make you stick around for 2 hours. Smackdown and Impact promote a few matches and always have several stories going at once, but Raw doesn't really focus on that. Then they jam their 3 main stories into one match, they basically skinned the show. The only thing that was worth anything was seeing Ryder and the ROH boys together and that didn't scratch 10 minutes of a 2+ hour broadcast.

I don't buy that. If that were the case, there's no way the six man would have done a 2.67. You could make the argument that fans know the match results mean absolutely nothing and tuned out. But then why did it start at 2.55? The fact is, WWE was offering something no one wanted to see. I also find it humorous how many people say they don't care about ratings. Then again, that's fans, I suppose

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back