Not open for further replies.

IrishCanadian25

Going on 10 years with WrestleZone

Leatherface.jpg

VS

lecter0103.jpg

Leatherface

Films - All Texas Chainsaw Massacres

Preferred Method - I'm going out on a limb (lol!) but I will go with the Chainsaw. Also known to use a sledgehammer, dating back to his family business at the slaughterhouse.

Body Count - Pretty High, especially in the remakes. Original director Tobe Hooper didn't play Leatherface as the only antagonist, though, and the body count was partially acheived through slow stalking and impressive torture.

Backstory - Unique to other slashers, despite his iconic status, Leatherface was not intended to be evil or devious. Instead, he is severely mentally ******ed, and despite his body size, he is a "baby in a man's body," often killing out of perceived self-defense or at the orders of the truly evil family. In all TCM movies, the father is the truly sadistic mastermind, but Leatherface is the icon.

Hannibal Lecter

Films - Silence of the Lambs, Hannibal, Red Dragon, Manhunter, Hannibal Rising.

Prefered Method - Psychological torture, clean murder following by preparation and consumption of body parts.

Body Count - Lower than the others. Similar to 1st round opponent Leatherface, Hannibal was rarely the actual antagonist in any of his films, often playing the "tweener" role. Many of Hannibal's murders are discussed but never enacted on screen.

Backstory - Intense and deep. An ingenious M.D. psychiatrist, Lecter was apparently traumatized as a child in Lithuania in the 1940's, where the Einsatzgruppen murdered and ate his sister, with whom he was very close. His life was largely shaped by the events of the Nazi invasions of World War 2. Lecter's amazing understanding of the inner workings of the human mind, as well as his own self-control and cold, calculating nature, allowed him to go undetected for years until Will Graham stopped him, nearly dying in the process.

I voted for Leatherface, and it was a fairly easy choice for me. Leatherface has slaughtered the most people, by what I think the more imaginitive, creative (albeit simple) methods and tactics. He would slowly torture his victims and ultimately kill them by means of a chainsaw, hammer, or other selective choice, or he'd masterfully chase them (mostly) ending with them getting instantly and brutaly killed. His victims were always left in extreme misery, rather they were running away from him or in the process of being skillfully tormented. It wasn't as glorified in the movie but, he was a cannibal much like his opponent hannibal, and ate his targets at the dinner table with his family. Thats a wonderfully creative performance. The Texas chainsaw Massacre series spanned over a much longer time frame and produced way more movies than Hannibal's attempts at films, so Leatherface has longetivity in his court as well.

To recap, the criteria most favors Leatherface- Body Count, Longevity,
Creativity, brutality, style, and performance.

While Hannibal Lector is the better character, Leatherface goes over here. He comes running at you with a chainsaw squealing like a pig. Thats pretty fucking scary. In the end, he is not there to help you, he is there to kill you. No matter how fast you run and how slow he is, he will catch up to you somehow.

Lector is fantastic, but he is seen helping people catch other killers. A great psychologist. A great mind, but it to me is not enough to go over a legit killer like Leatherface.

Ahhh my old friend hannibal the cannibal. What a man, a true nut job good pic by the way ic that scene scared the shit out of me for a long time. See han isn't your tipical monster killer. He's a regular man, he's not a supernatural being, or a dude who's fucking messed in the head. He's a regular man who's basically lost it. Great killer, but he loses here due to the lack of on screan killing. You can talk about it all you want, but If I don't see It, I don't give a fuck.

Ahhh leatherface, you get my vote in this competition. Behind all the big names in this comp that have scared the shit out of us for years. Is the big man know to all as leatherface. A man who's undoubtly swing both ores while his boat is still on the stand, really han has his mask. Great mask, but fuck leatherface has a better one. A mask made of human skin. You kind of have to feel bad for leatherface, because he is ******ed. But fuck IF I saw a 7 foot tallish man comming at me with a chainsaw, or two. I know two things, Do I have a gun? Yes ... shoot the mother fucker, OR run. End of story, leather's on screan body count wins this match.

Hannibal Lecter is cool and everything, but Leatherface is the real deal. If I had to choose which one was after me, I'd easily, without hesitating, pick Hannibal Lecter. Hannibal really isn't shit but just some sicko who's intelligent. Sure, he's fun to watch, but let's see him try and pull any of his shit against someone like Leatherface or Jason or Michael Myers or anyone of that caliber. Dude wouldn't last two minutes and that's why Leatherface gets my vote in this round.

I went with Hannibal Lector in this round. It was a tough choice, Leatherface is scary as hell though. I just think that if target by either of them, Leatherface would be the easiest one to escape from, just drive out of his backwards society. Hannibal could track you down with ittle effort, and be smacking on your kidneys by morning. I do prefer the psychological killers over the twisted killers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back