• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Awkward Moments

Downward Spiral

I'm Not From Your Country
Those moments where everything goes silent, you either wish you were anywhere else, or wish there was a hole you could just fall into. Moments where eye contact is nearly impossible. Usually as a result of doing/saying something.

Well, I've had my fair share. Here are the recent ones:

1. Err, yesterday, outside my class's form room, I was talking to someone while sitting on the benches there, and noticed that the 5 or 6 people (largely female) filling up the rest of these benches, were not saying anything. So, using the vast intelligence that I have, I looked around at one of them, began saying 'Why is no one else saying anything?' before noticing that she was very upset, but, there was not enough time to pull out from saying this...'Did someone die?'. Girl, turned to me, glared, and said 'Yes, as a matter of fact, someone did die'...then proceeded to walk around the corner, crying, with another friend, who saw it (rightfully so) to raise one of her fingers.

Did someone say 'awkward'?...I was left, with the friend I was talking to, pissing themselves laughing as I looked around grimacing at the glares I was getting...

Later, said sorry, heard 'it's alright', and only have a bunch of former friends hating me now (the ones that were around the benches.) God...don't you just cringe at some of the stupid things you say?

2. The situation: I am running a junior golf competition at the local golf course a few weeks ago. A car drives up, and out comes two rather...round looking individuals and their mother. The mother gets out and walks towards me as I get a glimpse of the two individuals, looking a lot like each other. The woman walks up, and casually, I say:

"Just paying for the two boys today?"

There's about a 5 second silence, before I hear:

"It's a boy and girl."

I clearly don't remember how I reacted, (having to listen to another friend pissing himself laughing), but I stuttered out the old 'Oh...umm...sorry', took the money from the woman after a bit of a silence, and received one last 'stare' from her as she walked away.

Well, there are some of my recent awkward moments. Share yours, if you have any.

:lol:, I am sorry to hear your pain, but honestly, it's funny. I can't really think of anything I have done embarrassing at the moment.

Er, and which state do you live in?

LOL! good stories.

At work a customer came up to my til, I looked at them briefly before scanning and saying "Is that all sir..." I looked up to see a red womens face with smoke literally about to come out of her ears, I just remember praying the manager dident hear her saying "HOW VERY DARE YOU YOU INSULENT LITTLE MAN!" at least she had the courtesy to get my gender right.

I'm a Catholic, and when I was receiving communion I was walking through the church with everyone else, and I fell down a small flight of steps in front of all the other kids and the Priest and everything.

That's why I turned to a life of crime. :D

By far the most akward moment of my life was when my building manager from the duplex I used to live in was going to show the place to a new couple at 8 pm. I told him I would go out for the day so he could show it. Around 5pm I remembered I had my iPod and a few other things sitting in my room that I wanted to put away so they weren't out in the open in front of these strangers. So I go home, whip the door open and see my manager and his wife having sex on my couch. The worst part is that it was so shocking that I stared for a good five seconds before leaving.

I was super pissed that they invaded my home and thought it was ok to have sex in my home. However, the only thing I wanted to do more than scream at them, was not talk about it ever again.

Boy or girl? Also, how do you plan to pass the little miracle? Perhaps you should start pisshole stretching exorcises. :D I think you should go with a C-section.:D

By far the most akward moment of my life was when my building manager from the duplex I used to live in was going to show the place to a new couple at 8 pm. I told him I would go out for the day so he could show it. Around 5pm I remembered I had my iPod and a few other things sitting in my room that I wanted to put away so they weren't out in the open in front of these strangers. So I go home, whip the door open and see my manager and his wife having sex on my couch. The worst part is that it was so shocking that I stared for a good five seconds before leaving.

I was super pissed that they invaded my home and thought it was ok to have sex in my home. However, the only thing I wanted to do more than scream at them, was not talk about it ever again.

:lmao:

Great story

I love when you see someone you haven't seen in a while. You start talking, things seem slightly ackward but at least you can catch up on all the important things..

Then, when you go to leave, you both go in the same direction. You just keep walking, almost side by side, yet its kinda like.. "Wow, okay, well.. nice seeing you." Then you either start walking faster, or you kinda just stop walking to pretend as if you're looking at something else.

^^

Or the one where you see someone you haven't for ages, and they say 'Hey *insert name here*', and of course, you just happen to be having a mental blank at that moment when it comes to remembering certain things. I.E their name...so you think it out for a few seconds...they are just sort of starting to stop smiling...and you eventually say 'Hey...*mumble*' and hope that they don't notice that you've completely forgotten their name. Worst case scenario, they do realise...and it later becomes very, very awkward.

^^

Or the one where you see someone you haven't for ages, and they say 'Hey *insert name here*', and of course, you just happen to be having a mental blank at that moment when it comes to remembering certain things. I.E their name...so you think it out for a few seconds...they are just sort of starting to stop smiling...and you eventually say 'Hey...*mumble*' and hope that they don't notice that you've completely forgotten their name. Worst case scenario, they do realise...and it later becomes very, very awkward.

:lmao: This reminds me of something that happened just a couple monthes back.

This guy seen me in Wal*Mart and he was like "Hey Will!" He comes up and introduces me to his fiance'.. (I've still said nothing) he then goes on about how we worked together at APAC (telemarketing) and starts talking about a couple different moments we've apparently had.

And I'm fucking LOST! hahaha He turns to me, and hes suddenly like "Yeah Will, we had some great moments, what'd you think about *insert forgotten moment here*?"

And I looked at him, then his fiancee' and I proceeded to say something along the lines of..

"Let me tell you, this guy right here.. crazy, purely crazy. He cracked me up at times. Then that one moment, with *insert someone I remembered* we both just lost it, you remember that?" And HE DID.. I swear, its like out of everyone I worked with.. hes the one guy I had NO CLUE who he was.. and apparently I'm the guy he loved working with the most.

EDIT: Best moment of the whole thing. My Wife and I walk away from them.. she looks at me and was like "He seemed nice, who was he?" and I almost instantly reply with "No fucking clue, lets just get the hell out of here before I run into anymore random people who based their life around me."

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back