Ascension 34

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ty Burna

Getting Noticed By Management
Meltdown 59 said:
Suddenly the lights go out. The crowd cheers instinctively and as they come back up, Ty Burna is standing in the corner behind Austin. Reynolds drops the mic and he looks ready to fight. Ty remains calm in his own inimitable way. He steps forward and gestures to Austin but The Ratings Winner shoves him down to a massively mixed reaction!

Ty gets up immediately but Austin has left the ring. Ty gives Austin an evil stare as the Ratings Winner backs up the ramp, jaw-jacking to the champion as he does. As his eyes follow Reynolds, Ty is suddenly knocked down by an attack to the head from a briefcase wielding Hunter Kravinoff. He calls for a microphone immediately which gets passed him in a rush of adrenaline.

"Right, let's get this done with. Austin, get the heck out of this arena if you know what is good for you! The time has come for Ty Burna's reign to end, I'm cashing this baby in! Get a ref out of here, Truman, make your call!

He throws the mike down as he paces around waiting for the referee to come out as he keeps an eye on the down Ty, Truman Harrys isn't sure what to do.

Ladies and Gentleman, Hunter Kravinoff is cashing in his King For A Day Contract, therefore this contest is for the World Heavyweight Championship!

The crowd start booing heavily as Kravinoff calls out for the referee but still none shows, suddenly the titantron cuts to Big Dave who appears to be outside.

"Expecting someone Hunter? Of course, I had realised you were planning to cash in that briefcase the moment the opportunity came, so I have some news to tell you, and it's bigger than the referee not being there."

Kravinoff walks up to the ropes and looks bemused. On the tron, Dave holds up a piece of paper.

"You see Hunter, last week, we contested for the possession of the briefcase, right? Well that's just the thing, nothing was ever said about competing for the actual contract, the one I'm holding right here, the one I took out of the briefcase the moment I got home from Kingdom Come. Fact is Hunter, you fell for the bait and got a fight out of me, for nothing. So enjoy that briefcase there Hunter, I wasn't a fan of it anyway. I will be seeing you sooner...champ!

The footage cuts and Kravinoff is holding his head in disbelief and starts flailing lividly, telling the officials to get Myles out of here but no-one is responding except by shrugging in confusion. He grabs the briefcase, pointing to it, telling to cash in but nothing's coming back. Kravinoff looks angry but he gets a sudden tap on the shoulder, he turns around to see Ty Burna is back up to a vertical basis, he tilts his head smirking in mocking manner and then hits the Consecrated Banishment on Kravinoff who is sent flying that the briefcase falls out of his hands out at ringside. Ty stares at the fallen Kravinoff before turning his head to the stage where Reynolds use to be and shakes his head before he points at Kravinoff who's being dragged out of the ring by some EMTs.

"There's the message right there from Ty Burna, he's showing that when it comes down to it, all the talking won't stop him from looking to retain his title.

"Screw that situation, Hunter Kravinoff got screwed! He won that match last week fair and square, he SHOULD be the new Champion right now!

"Jack, I'm getting word from backstage and Chuck Myles that the briefcase was indeed on the line but not the contract itself, Big Dave made the match and Hunter didn't check the fine print. He just got himself a nice and golden briefcase out of it.

"Well Dave better put up or shut up because that was such a cowardly act!"

We open the show with Hunter Kravinoff standing in the center of the ring, his hands behind his back. The crowd boos him loudly as he stares out at them with a murderous gleam in his eyes. He brings his arms forward and brings a mic up. The crowd begins booing louder and Kravinoff begins to look agitated by the perceived disrespect. A Big Dave chant breaks out and Kravinoff immediately brings the mic up again.

Hunter: Shut up! You people are disgusting! You chant for a man without morals. Rather then recognize the brilliance of the hunter standing in front of you, you cheer for a coward and a failure!

The crowd continues booing as Kravinoff walks to the corner of the ring and grabs the gold briefcase. He holds it up as he continues speaking.

Hunter: On Meltdown, my hunt was complete. I had Ty Burna right where I wanted him. I was primed to become the WZCW World Heavyweight Champion, instead I get double crossed by fine print in a contract of all things. It's all Dave's fault. If he had the intestinal fortitude to stand up like a man and put his contract on the line, I would be standing here with the World Title. Instead I'm left empty handed and demanding answers! Myles, Bateman, I don't care who makes this happen but Big Dave will pay for his disrespect, and I want that title shot. I'll make Ty Burna my grandest hunt when it's all said and done.

Hunter lowers the mic and turns towards the entrance ramp, awaiting one of the owners to step out. He continues waiting as no one appears. The crowd begins booing Hunter once more as he shakes his head and ina fit of rage tosses the briefcase out of the ring and careening down the entrance ramp.

Hunter: So that's how it's going to be. That's fine, I don't get a match under circumstances, so consider this a challenge Dave, at Apocalypse we have one final match with the actual KFAD contract on the line. No more games, no more fine print. Just you and me, and that contract on the line. You will not play me for a fool anymore Dave. Not only am I more intelligent, I'm more ruthless. Pay close attention Dave, your biggest trophy was ending Titus at Unscripted. Tonight, I'll make your trophy look pathetic.

Cohen: Kravinoff was rightly screwed last night. He should have been WZCW World Heavyweight Champion, instead because of Big Dave's switch, he's stuck with absolutely nothing.

Connor: Well in technicalities, the briefcase was only a visual representation of the shot, not the actual contract for the match.

Cohen: Dave lost to Hunter twice, in a row no less. Aside from the fine print, that proves Hunter is more prepared to become WZCW World Champion then Big Dave is.

Hunter lowers his head and suddenly begins laughing. He shakes his head before raising it up again and begins speaking once more.

Hunter: No, on second thought, you can keep the KFAD title shot Dave. I don't need it to earn my shot at the World Heavyweight Title. It just proves once again you take all the shortcuts when something isn't in your favor. I'll run rampant over the WZCW roster and I'll force Ty Burna, or Austin Reynolds, hell whoever is champion to give me the match. They'll have no choice after I have skinned every competitor in front of me. And that starts with you tonight Titus.

Kravinoff drops the mic and begins yelling at the crowd. He paces around the ring and turns towards the entrance ramp when:

Anderson: The following contest is scheduled for one fall! Introducing first, from Keystone, Kansas, weighing in at 215 lbs, Titus.

Titus enters the ring and raise his arms to the cheers of the crowd before staring down Kravinoff

Anderson: And his opponent, from Medicine Hat, Alberta, Canada by way of the East African Republic of Uganda, weighing in at 245 lbs, Hunter S. Kravinoff!

Kravinoff doesn't move from the center of the ring as he watches Titus with a studying eye.

Connor: After the revelations yesterday on Meltdown, Kravinoff cannot be in a good mood.

Cohen: Are you deaf CC? Kravinoff just went off about Big Dave and everything else. Of course he's not in a good mood. Titus better be careful.

Hunter stands to the centre of the ring as the bell rings. Hunter extends his hand and offers Titus a handshake before this match gets under way. The crowd boos as Titus looks around unsure of what to do. He goes to shake Hunter’s hand who has a sly smile on his face. They shake and suddenly goes to strike Titus. Titus ducks under the punch and unleashes 4 in a row on Hunter as they back into the ropes. Hunter gets in between the ropes and yells at the ref to get Titus off him. The ref pulls Titus back and Hunter slowly gets back into the ring. The two men circle the ring a bit before they lock up. Hunter uses his size advantage and grabs the arm of Titus and wrenches it around. Titus holds his shoulder as Hunter turns and twists him around. Hunter goes for a back body drop. Titus flips overtop and lands on his feet. Hunter turns and is met with a spinning heel kick. The blow knocks Hunter on his back near the ropes. Titus goes to pounce on Hunter with a series of forearms. Hunter wisely rolls out of the ring and avoids most of Titus’ shots. Hunter walks away from the ring, pondering his next strategy. He turns back to the ring to find Titus leaping over the top rope. Titus connects with a perfect cross body. Titus stands up and crowd roars. He grabs Hunter off the floor and Irish Whips him towards the stairs. Hunter reverses and Titus goes crashing into the stairs. Hunter picks up the fallen Titus and rolls him into the ring. Hunter quickly slides in a goes for the pin. Titus kicks out after 1. Hunter keeps Titus to the mat with side head lock. Titus works his way to a vertical base. Hunter goes to take Titus down to the mat. Titus slips his head free. Hunter turns to grab Titus, Titus arm drags him to the mat. Titus runs at Hunter to follow up on him. Hunter dives with a vicious Lariat, nearly taking the head off of Titus.

Connor: Titus has had the upper hand on the Hunter, Kravinoff, for most of this match so far, but the strength advantage of Hunter is beginning to turn the tide.

Cohen: Do you think that was funny CC. The Hunter, Kravinoff. Kravinoff was the KFAD holder and should be WZCW World Champion right now.

Hunter grabs the arm of Titus and lifts it up. He then stomps his boot on Titus’ face and stretches the arm out. The ref counts to 4 and Hunter legs go of the arm, arguing with the ref about it. Hunter grabs Titus by the arm and lifts him off the mat. He hooks it over his neck and lifts Titus high upside down. Kravinoff hold Titus for a few moments before crashing him down with a Brainbuster. Kravinoff with the cover. 1... 2.. Titus kicks out. Kravinoff slaps the mat and then grabs Titus legs. He goes to cross them and turn him over into a Texas Cloverleaf. Titus uses his legs and pushes Hunter back. Titus is at the corner and uses it to pull himself to his feet. Hunter explodes into the corner with a dropkick, smashing Titus against the turnbuckle. Titus crumples to the mat as Hunter goes for the pinfall attempt. 1... 2... Titus again gets an arm up. Hunter grabs Titus and places his neck on the bottom rope. Hunter places his foot on the back of Titus neck and pushes it down into the rope. The ref counts to 4 and Hunter takes his foot off Titus. He holds his arms up and then quickly starts stomping Titus. The ref again counts to 4 and Hunter stops and pulls Titus to the centre of the ring. He goes for the cover again. 1... 2.... Titus kicks out.

Connor: Hunter has taken complete control of this match, but can’t seem to keep Titus down for 3.

Cohen: Yes, but for each pinfall attempt he’s wearing Titus out more and more. It’ll be only a matter of time before Hunter puts this puppy to bed.

Hunter grabs Titus by the back of the trunks and pulls him up to his feet. He puts his head under Titus arm and goes for a Backdrop driver. As he has Titus up in the air, Titus punches the face of Hunter. Hunter legs go and Titus flips over, readjusting mid air to grab Hunters head and hitting a reverse DDT. Both men lay out on the mat as the ref begins to make a 10 count. Titus crawls towards the corner and manages to get to his feet for 6. He climbs up to the turnbuckle and waits for Hunter, who is up and facing him by 8. Titus goes for a Hurricarana. Hunter grabs Titus in mid air and performs a Running Bucklebomb, slamming Titus into the corner. Titus falls, slumped forward on the mat. Hunter rolls him and hooks a leg. 1... 2..... Titus just kicks out. Hunter is in disbelief that Titus will not stay down. Hunter calmly picks Titus’ limb body off the mat. He sets him up for the Ugandan Death Knell. Hunter lets go of one arm and waves at the audience. This split second allows Titus to free his other arm and lift Hunter up and over, landing a Northern Lights Suplex with a bridge pin attempt. 1... 2... Hunter kicks out. Hunter slams at the mat, angry Titus countered him like that. He in on his knees and as he turns and rises to his feet, Titus is already standing and leaps right above him, connecting with The Tit Drop. Hunter bounces off the mat and rolls under the ropes and out of the ring. Titus lays out in the ring.

Connor: Titus hits the Tit Drop! This match is over.

Cohen: Slow down there CC. Kravinoff being the trained hunter that he is, instinctively knew where he was a rolled outside out of harms way.

Connor: Neither man has moved much since Titus hit that Tit Drop and... what who is that coming through the crowd.

The cameras turn and Baez appears in the crowd. He climbs over the guard rail, carrying with him a steel chair. The ref is preoccupied checking on Hunter outside the ring. Baez looks down at the chair and then back into the ring at Titus. Baez goes to slide into the ring, but instead slides the chair into Titus arms and backs off. Titus looks down at the chair, the at Baez hoping over the guard rail. Baez nods at him, as if to say “use it”. Titus stands up holding the chair. The ref turns around and sees Titus with the chair. He grabs the chair from Titus and goes to throw it outside the ring. Titus goes to retrieve Hunter on the outside. Titus reaches through the ropes, Hunter smashes Titus head with a chair of his own. Titus falls backwards and Hunter quickly scrambles into the ring and makes the cover, 1....2.....3!.

Anderson: Here is your winner, Hunter S Kravinoff!

Kravinoff celebrates as if he just won the title. Ha fakes crying as the ref holds his arm up. Hunter goes and hugs the ref who lightly pats him. Hunters continues his over the top celebrating as he rolls outside to retrieve his brief case.

Connor: Hunter stole this match from Titus and Baez had no business being at ringside at all.

Cohen: Hunter had this match won from the start. And Baez showed us all that even a good citizen like Titus get fall victim to bad intentions. Titus would’ve struck Hunter with that chair had he had the chance. Hunter merely did what any champion would, that’s win.

Titus holds his head as he gets to his feet inside the ring. He looks around the arena for Baez, trying to find him in the crowd. He turns his attention up the ramp to Hunter. Hunter sees him in the titantron and turns around as raises his arm before going behind the curtain.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We go backstage where Leon Kensworth is standing by with Constantine and Steven Holmes.

Leon: John, Steven, later on tonight you face off with the Mayhem Champion Alex Bowen and the number one contender for his title Action Saxton. What are your thoughts heading into this match?

Holmes: A Mayhem buffoon and a glorified 70's "actor". Do you think we will really sully our reputations and fall to their level Leon?

Constantine: Without their weapons they are worthless. My partner Mr. Holmes and I will dispose of them just as I did with Sam Smith last week.

Leon: Speaking of Sam Smith, we got word that he will be unable to compete until Apocalypse at the earliest. What does this mean for the Elite X Title?

Constantine: It's simple Leon. At Apocalypse I'm walking out there holding this Elite X Championship. When Sam Smith decides not to show up for his own safety, I will become the rightful Elite X Champion, all because of his forfeit.

Holmes: As for my former partner Steven Kurtesy, let's just say I have a proper match to finish this little skirmish in mind. I'll let you find out next week.

Constantine: Now if you'll excuse us, we have a match to prepare for.

The two men walk off as Leon watches on. We go to commercial.

The following match is a triple threat contest with one fall to the finish!

From Louisville, Kentucky, weighing 289lbs, this is the Tormented One, The Agony!

Agony trudges out with a distracted and unfocused look on his face as he walks down to the ring.

From Galveston Island, Texas, weighing 236lbs, Sean Cruz!

"You really couldn't have two more different personalities with these two in this contest."

Cruz bounces down to the ring, sidesteps down the ramp high fiving fans and continues for one lamp around the ring, then he slides in to the ring and leaps to the second rope and fist pumps along with the crowd.

From Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, weighing 212lbs, Sam Masters!

"And this young man really completes the trivecta. He seems to have rejected any support that he may have built up in his short time here."

Sam walks out from the back and then stops at the top of the ramp as Firefly by Breaking Benjamin begins. He looks around at the crowd as they cheer for him but he gives a small, ignorant smirk. He then proceeds to walk down to the ring and slides in from underneath the rope.

"And ya know, I may be able to get behind him. He seems to be able to prioritise what is important for his career."

Masters shoves Cruz away and takes on Agony but the big man shoves him into the corner. Agony dominates him with an open handed slap in the corner. Agony backs away and charges forward, squashing Masters hard. Agony steps back and goes to charge again but Cruz comes back and whips Agony back into another corner. His shoulder collides with the steel. He collapses and falls outside the ring.

"Well The Agony certainly has been dismissed. It's looks like Masters and Cruz wanted the big man out of this contest."

"That's a somewhat smart strategy."

"Or at least it will providing one of these two will get the win."

Masters grabs Cruz and tries to take him down with a slam but Cruz kicks him away. Masters is left reeling and Cruz follows it up with more kicks. Masters tries to retaliate with a clothesline but Sean Cruz ducks and hits a diving spinwheel kick! Cruz covers, 1...2....Masters fights out.

Cruz picks up Masters and goes to whip him off the ropes. Masters reverses it but Cruz jumps off and hits a springboard crossbody but Masters flattens him with a picture perfect dropkick! Masters covers, 1....2....Cruz kicks out. Masters gets frustrated and mounts Masters, pummelling him with punches. Masters gets him up and takes him to the corner. He backs off and charges at Cruz, who gets a boot up to the face. Cruz climbs to the middle rope and hits a bulldog, 1....2....Agony rolls in and breaks it up.

"Sam Masters is lucky right there."

"Luck has nothing to do with it."

The big man goes for his reverse angle slam but Cruz rolls out of it. Masters back body drops Cruz over the top rope to the floor. Agony then charges at Masters who gets a stiff kick to the gut. He then dropkicks his knee and slams his head hard against the mat with a DDT!! Masters doesn’t go for a cover, instead he grabs up Agony’s arm and locks in The Burning Crusade!

"This is brilliant by Masters!! Agony's gonna break!"

"And Cruz isn't in the picture!"

He wrenches back on the mat and with Sean Cruz nowhere to be seen outside of the ring, The Agony has no option and he taps out!!!

"Your winner by submission, Sam Masters!"

"That's a really good win for Masters! What a future he has!"

"His new belief that WZCW needs him will only be reinforced by this victory, that will certainly will give him some momentum."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Backstage we see Hunter Kravinoff pacing away with a smirk to himself, you can see there’s a fire in his eyes, he wants vengeance, he then stops to notice a peculiar looking door with a note saying ‘Private Screening of Black Swan’. Hunter considers it for a moment before smiling.

Kravinoff: Looks like my night’s going to get a little bit better!

He heads inside and closes the door, there’s a sudden lock and the door starts driving away as it’s revealed to be on the back of a lorry. The lorry drives through the car park and stops at the exit, the driver peers out of the window to reveal it’s Big Dave as he smirks.

Dave: Oh Hunter, we’re going to give you the night of your life!

We cut to a different part of the backstage area where Showtime sits in his locker room, going over the Ty Burna vs. Ale match. Stan Rogers walks into the room. Showtime doesn't bother to pay attention.

Rogers: Mr. Showtime.

Showtime doesn't respond, merely focusing on the screen.

Showtime: There is a weakness there, I know there is, but how to exploit it?

Rogers: If I may Mr. Showtime.

Showtime: You may start by getting me a bottled water.

Rogers: I don't think you understand sir.

Showtime looks away from the screen angrily.

Showtime: I said...Oh, it's you.

Rogers: Look, we have a tag team title shot at Apocalypse, the least we could do is get to know each other.

Showtime: It's easy Steve.

Rogers: It's Stan.

Showtime: Right, Stanley, whatever. Look, I'll take care of the match at Apocalypse, you'll just get in the way.

Rogers: I fail to see how that will happen. I'm a big boy I can take those two chumps out.

Showtime: Do me a favor.

Rogers: Yes sir?

Showtime: Get the hell out of my locker room I'm busy.

Rogers looks dejected at first but shakes his head and exits the locker room. Showtime turns back to the monitor and watches Ty hit the Consecrated Banishment on Ale. Showtime grips the remote in anger before flinging it across the room, shattering it against the wall.

Showtime: Desperate measure are needed...

Anderson: The following contest is scheduled for one fall!

Megaman 2 begins playing as Baez makes his way out. The crowd boos him loudly as he walks down the ramp staring directly into the ring. He slides into the ring and climbs to the second turnbuckle, raising his arm up to more boos from the crowd.

Anderson: Introducing first, weighing in at 225 lbs, Baez!

Toyota's music hits and he makes his way out in his tracksuit. The crowd cheers loudly as Toyota waves to the fan and smiles wide. He climbs up the steps and enters the ring, tearing his tracksuit off and tossing it into the crowd.

Anderson: And his opponent, weighing in at 550 lbs, Wasabi Toyota!

Connor: Toyota was successful in his match last week, and now looks to continue that momentum with a win over Baez.

Cohen: Successful? All he did was stand in the ring and look like an idiot while Baller was attempting to increase his merchandise sales. Meanwhile Baez is being held back. He should be contending for the World Title now!

The ref signals for the bell and Toyota looks to lock up but Baez is hesitant. Toyota rushes forward and goes for a clothesline but Baez rolls under and hits a few kicks to the leg. He applies a headlock but Toyota shoves him towards the ropes and catches Baez with a Savate kick. Baez bounces off the mat and quickly to his feet. He goes for a dropkick and connects, but it only phases Toyota. He shoves a rising Baez again and Baez rolls over backwards. Toyota goes for another clothesline but Baez quickly gets a drop hold off and trips Toyota throat first across the middle rope. Baez puts a knee to Toyota's back and lifts up on the middle rope. The ref begins the five count and Baez breaks it at four. Toyota lies over the middle rope still as Baez runs to the opposite ropes and sends his knees into Toyota's back. He rolls under the ring and slaps Toyota square in the face. Toyota falls back off the ropes. Baez jumps onto the apron and springboards off the top rope and connects with a dropkick to the head. Toyota crashes to the ground and Baez covers, 1....2....Toyota kicks out.

Connor: I'm a bit surprised, Toyota's size gives him the advantage here, but Baez is taking it to Toyota.

Cohen: Size isn't everything CC.

Connor: I'm sure your wife tells you the same thing Jack.

Baez backs up and motions for Toyota to get up once more. He backs up to the corner and waits for Toyota. Toyota gets up and Baez rushes forward, but Toyota surprises him with a clothesline! Baez crashes to the mat and holds the back of his head as Toyota looms over him. He backs up and goes for a running leg drop, but Baez rolls out of the way and gets up quickly. He connects with a stiff kick to the side of the head, dropping Toyota once again. He climbs up to the top turnbuckles and flies off, going for a moonsault. Toyota gets his knees up and Baez crashes directly into them. Toyota gets to his feet and lifts Baez up and tosses him across the ring. Baez crashes down and tries to get up, but Toyota immediately hits a running hip attack, forcing Baez into the corner. Toyota backs up and hits a big splash in the corner, forcing Baez to crumble into the corner. Toyota pulls him flat on the ground and climbs to the second turnbuckle. The crowd buzzes in anticipation as Toyota bounces on the second turnbuckle a few times before coming down with the Banzai Drop! Baez moves just out of the way and Toyota hits the mat. Baez hops over Toyota and lands on the second turnbuckle before coming off with a leg lariat, sending Toyota's head bouncing off the mat. He immediately hooks the leg, 1.....2.....Toyota powers out.

Connor: Baez has had his issues with Titus as of the last couple weeks here. Do you think it's due to jealousy?

Cohen: Jealousy? Absolutely not CC. Titus is simply the roadblock that Baez believes he needs to get over.

Baez stomps away at Toyota before backing up and motioning for Toyota to get up. Baez holds his hands in praying form, and as Toyota gets up, Baez rushes forward and goes for Smashmouth! Toyota ducks and catches Baez in the Bear Hug! Baez yells out in pain as Toyota begins squeezing the air out of him. Toyota carries him to the center of the ring and applies more pressure to the hold. The crowd cheers as Baez begins to fade. The ref checks on Baez who shakes his head. He begins slapping his hands on the sides of Toyota's head, eventually forcing the big man to release the hold. Baez quickly snaps off a huracanrana with a sudden stop, forcing Toyota face first into the mat. Toyota is down as Baez catches his breath. He taunts the crowd, illiciting boos from the crowd. He motions for Smashmouth again as Toyota begins to drag himself up in the corner. Baez keeps motioning for Toyota to get up. When suddenly the crowd roars and looks towards the stage. Red Mask walks out and points to the crowd and then points to Baez who is standing in the ring dumbfounded. Red Mask begins making his way down the ramp as Baez turns towards Toyota and rushes at him, attempting Smashmouth once more. Toyota moves out of the way and Baez hits the turnbuckle. Toyota lifts him up off the rebound with a body slam. He climbs to the second turnbuckle and hits the Banzai Drop! The ref begins the count, 1.....2......3!

Anderson: Here is your winner, Wasabi Toyota!

Cohen: Red Mask? What in the hell is this?

Connor: Red Mask has come and got some revenge from earlier, and the tag team battle royal.

Toyota gets up and raises his hand in victory as the crowd cheers loudly. Toyota waves to the crowd before exiting the ring. He walks up the ramp and shakes hands with Red Mask who stares at the ring as Baez is slow to his feet. He gets to one knee and stares out at Red Mask. Red Mask points at him once more as the crowd cheers once more.

Connor: Clearly this issue has not been resolved.

Cohen: Gee what gives you that idea CC?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We go backstage where Barbosa is running around the backstage area.

Barbosa: Hunter? Hunter! I heard there was a Black Swan private screening going on backstage! This will take your mind off what happened last week!

He keeps running and checking through all the doors when he gets up by the entrance area and runs directly into Wasabi Toyota, returning from his match. Barbosa bounces off and careens into a storage box, flying over and crashing to the ground. Toyota walks over and moves the box, looking concerned for Barbosa.

Toyota: I'm sorry my friend, I didn't see you running there.

He holds a hand out for Barbosa who looks about ready to accept but suddenly he twitches slightly and slaps Toyota's hand out of the way.

Barbosa: Shut up! You did that on purpose. You're trying to get in our way of finding Hunter!

Toyota: I...I meant you no harm Mr...

Barbosa: Barbosa! You know, the man who's been a better partner to Hunter then you could have ever been!

Toyota: That's uncalled for now.

Barbosa: No, this is uncalled for.

Barbosa gets up quickly and slaps Toyota hard across the face. Toyota cringes at first but a flash of anger crosses his face as he turns back towards Barbosa. He roars in anger and grabs hold of Barbosa, slamming him back first up against the wall.

Toyota: Since you show no respect little man, how about we settle these differences at Apocalypse.

Barbosa: Fine, but get your grubby mitts off me! You're getting Cheetos all over my shirt!

Toyota drops him and begins walking away. Barbosa sits up and shakes the cobwebs out.

Barbosa: You angered him. Of course I did! He's a fat slob! He tried to help us.

We go to commercial as Barbosa continues to argue with himself.

Anderson: The following tag team contest is scheduled for one fall!

Constantine enters the arena with the Elite X Championship sitting on his shoulders, he welcome the boos with a smile before pacing down towards , he bows his head and raises a clenched fist and heads down the ramp and slides into the ring

Anderson: Introducing first, from Washington D.C, weighing at 265 pounds, Constantine

Connor: The man who’s taken out Sam Smith and stolen his championship, can Constantine sink any lower?

Cohen: Get higher you mean, and yes, just counting the days before Smith surrenders the title to him!

Beethoven’s 5th starts to play as Steven Holmes comes out and walks down the ramp with a smirk on his face feeling an air of positivity around him.

Anderson: And his partner, from London, England, weighing in at 240 pounds, Steven Holmes!

Connor: Steven Holmes, like Constantine, adds a sour taste to my mouth, he’s really wishes to make Kurtesy’s life hell and I wish he would cease on the cowardly acts.

Cohen: Something you want to tell us about you and Kurtesy there CC? Sounds like a bit more deeper than work colleagues.

Holmes climbs in the ring and raises his arm in the air and goes to talk to Constantine to discuss tactics while “The Hills Have Eyes” cuts in as the lights go out. They come back on to reveal Action Saxton and Alex Bowen on the stage who looks ready for action

Anderson: Their opponents, at a combined weight of 517 pounds, the team of Alex Bowen and Action Saxton!

Connor: Champion and challenger team up once again, will they put Constantine and Holmes in their place?

Cohen: You’re kidding? They’ve taken out of their comfort zone, I bet they can’t wait to get back home!

Saxton and Bowen head down the ramp and get into the ring, raising their hands together, they turn around and start exchanging fists with their opponents as the referee signals for the bell. They continuing brawling until Saxton and Bowen have them against the ropes and Irish whips them both, but when they reach the other side, they grab hold of the ropes and slight out and starting heading up the ramp to a series of boos. Bowen and Saxton follow pursuit and take the two down before they even reach the halfway point of the ramp. Bowen drags Constantine back to the ring as Saxton knocks Holmes’ face into ramp and heads back to his corner.

Bowen meanwhile picks up Constantine and Irish whips him and catches the return with a dropkick, he gets up runs at the ropes and hits an elbow on his opponent and goes for a cover 1….2… kickout. Holmes has got back to his corner as Bowen resumes the attack on Constantine. He does another Irish whip but Constantine counters with a lariat using all momentum to knock him down. He tags Holmes in who hits a knee to Bowen’s head as he tried to get back up. He hits a few knocks to the head and then taunts Saxton on the side, he tries to get in but the ref holds him back as Holmes and Constantine make another tag behind his back.

Connor: Illegal tagging by Holmes and Constantine there!

The ref turns back around as Constantine picks up Bowen and hits a headbutt and the referee questions the obvious change but accepts Constantine as the legal man. Constantine goes for another Irish whip but Bowen reverses and hits a belly to back suplex and goes for the quick tag to Saxton who jumps in and drops a leg on the downed Constantine. He gets up and waits for Constantine to get up to hit him with a quick roundhouse kick, cover 1…..2….Holmes breaks the count. The ref goes to get Holmes out of the ring as Constantine low blows Saxton and hits a swinging backbreaker followed by a cover, ref turns back 1…..2.. kickout by Saxton.

Constantine picks up Saxton and drags him to the corner and bounces his head on the turnbuckle. He goes for some rights and lefts, he takes a few steps back and runs at Saxton who runs out of the corner and Constantine bounces off the turnbuckle. He gets back up and is caught with a shuffle side kick, he picks up Constantine, irish whips him and jumps on him with press jump and follows up with some mounted rights, he gets up and runs to the ropes but Holmes pulls the top rope down, making Saxton fall to the ground outside. Holmes protests that he fell over!

Connor: The tactics these two use is rather cowardly of them.

Cohen: Cleverly, my dear, honestly, you’re relying on google too much!

Constantine tags Holmes who jumps off the apron onto Saxton, he grabs him by the head and slams it against the announce table, and again. He then rolls him back into the ring, drags Saxton up and then holds him in a delayed vertical suplex hit to perfection and follows up with a knee drop once again followed by a cover, 1…..2…kickout. Holmes gets up and starts to stalk Saxton who slowly stirs and uses the ropes to help himself up, Holmes is waiting impatiently, slamming the mat and the moment Saxton turns around, Holmes goes for the Imperial Impaler but Saxton counters with a back body drop.. He starts to crawl to his corner as does Holmes to his. The referee keeps watch of both teams for the tags Holmes reaches Constantine first but Saxton makes the tag to Bowen to cause the crowd to erupt.

Bowen catches Constantine with a quick elbow to the head and kicks a running Holmes in the face. He picks up Constantine and hits an atomic drop on the politician he turns around and is met with a Imperial Impaler from Holmes. The referee tries to get Holmes out of the ring as Constantine makes a roll up, holding the tights, the ref turns around and goes for the count 1….2….kickout by Bowen. He rolls up and stands being Constantine, waiting to go for the The End of Days, he goes for a kick and grabs his arm but Constantine twirls underneath it and hits the Collateral Damage, he goes for the tight cover, 1…….2…….3!

Anderson: Here are your winners, Steven Holmes and Constantine!

Holmes and Constantine celebrate in the ring but keep it short as Constantine turns his attention to the Elite X Championship, he heads out of the ring and grabs it, protecting it, like it was his own. Holmes rolls to the outside and notices the Mayhem title, he grabs and then mouths “Did that before you!” and then drops the belt as they slowly walk up the back.

Connor: Hopefully Sam Smith will be back in action before you know and reclaim his property. It’s like seeing the era of King John when King Richard was out on the crusades.

Cohen: CC, this is WZCW Ascension, not the history channel!

Connor: There’s no harm in a little education! That being said, I hear Becky’s backstage with something special right now, Becky?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We go backstage where Becky is standing by with Titus wearing his Red Mask.

Becky: Titus,

Titus: You mean Red Mask.

Becky: Right....Red Mask, you distracted Baez during his match with Toyota earlier this evening, any thoughts on the masked antagonist you now have suddenly.

Titus: Every great hero has their rival villain right Becky?

Becky: I suppose yes.

Titus: Well I think I may have a candidate for mine. Next week I'll address the vile Baez and we will settle this at Apocalypse!

Titus walks off as Becky watches confused. We go to commercial.

Anderson: The following contest is scheduled for one fall.

Lithium hits to a loud wave of boos as Barbosa emerges, shaking his head and almost jumping on spot, raring to go.

Anderson: Introducing first, weighing in at 237 pounds, Barbosa!

He darts down to the ring and slides in, flexing his muscles eagerly, waiting for his opponent. Papercut hits to a big pop from the crowd. Scott Hammond comes out onto the ramp, looking a little distracted.

Anderson: And his opponent, weighing in at 275 pounds, Scott Hammond!

Connor: Hammond will need to focus here, Barbosa takes all your concentration to defeat.

Cohen: It's only natural that he should be looking over his shoulder, he knows how dangerous Blade can be when provoked.

Hammond slides into the ring and poses for the crowd before turning to face Barbosa. The referee calls for the bell and they tie up in the centre of the ring. Barbosa gets the headlock on Hammond, but he's pushed off into the ropes. He bounces off the ropes and gets floored by a shoulder block by Hammond. Barbosa gets up quickly and swings a right hand wildly, but Hammond catches his arm and attempts a Full Nelson. Barbosa counters by rolling Hammond forward. Hammond gets up and is quickly hit with a Dropkick.
Hammond gets up again and goes for Barbosa, who counters with an Inverted Atomic Drop followed by an STO. Barbosa goes for the first pin of the match, 1... 2... Hammond powers out.

Connor: The possibility of Blade retaliating is making Hammond look very sloppy.

Cohen: Hammond is a jacked up blockhead, he always looks sloppy.

Barbosa keeps up the pressure, slapping on a Reverse Chinlock to drain Hammond. Hammond gets out of it with an elbow to Barbosa's midsection. He takes the opening to come off the ropes and hits a big Clothesline on Barbosa. He picks Barbosa up and hits a quick Snap Suplex before going for a pin, hooking the outside leg, 1... 2... Barbosa kicks out. Hammond picks up Barbosa and backs him into the corner, hitting several shoulder thrusts into Barbosa's gut. Hammond backs up and runs at Barbosa, hitting an Avalanche Splash in the corner. Barbosa stumbles forward and Hammond lifts him up into a Military Press. Hammond holds him up for several seconds before going to drop him, but Barbosa reverses, hitting a DDT on Hammond as he falls! Barbosa keeps the Front Facelock on as he gets up, dragging Hammond to his feet too, and hitting Duplicity. Barbosa goes for the cover, 1... 2... Kick out by Hammond. With Hammond dazed, Barbosa goes to lock in the Bipolar Disorder submission, but Hammond instinctively struggles out of it. Both men get up and Barbosa goes for a clothesline but Hammond ducks under it, goes behind Barbosa and hits abig German Suplex! Hammond crawls into the cover, 1... 2... Kick out by Barbosa!

Connor: It looks like Hammond has finally gotten his head in this match!

Cohen: Barbosa's head is never "in the match", but he still manages to kick ass.

Hammond gets up and signals for the London's Calling as Barbosa slowly gets up. Hammond lifts Barbosa onto his shoulders but Barbosa elbows him in the back and drops down behind Hammond before hitting the Split Personality! Barbosa drapes an arm across Hammond, 1... 2... Hammond kicks out! Barbosa looks shocked as he gets onto his knees and tries to tear out his hair for a moment but shakes his head and refocuses. He gets up and measures up Hammond for the Omega Driver. He lifts Hammond up, but Hammond backflips back onto his feet. Barbosa turns around and is picked up, Hammond hits the London's calling out of nowhere! Hammond is about to crawl into the cover when a voice fills the arena.

???: Hammond! You... Are... Pathetic.

Blade walks out onto the stage with a microphone to loud boos from the audience.

Blade: On Meltdown last night, you had millions of possibilities to get one over on me, and what did you do? You perform the weakest match interference in wrestling history and then pose with my title after Showtime had already taken me out? That's just sad. Even 'Vanilla' Chris Beckford hit me with a chair. The simple fact is that is that you're not good enough. You can't compete with me mentally, and you can't compete with me in the ring.

Hammond is on his feet now, staring at Blade. He shakes his head angrily at Blade's comments.

Blade: Yes, Showtime hit me with that replica belt, but I got the win, which is more than I can say for you tonight...

Barbosa grabs Hammond from behind and hits the Omega Driver before covering him, 1... 2... 3!

Anderson: Here is your winner, Barbosa!

Barbosa lies on the mat, still recovering as the referee raises his hand. With Hammond still unconscious, Blade raises his title and smirks before leaving.

Cohen: Revenge is a dish best served cold, CC!

Connor: Regardless of the interference, this is still a good victory for Barbosa as we march towards Apocalypse!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We’re out in a distant woodlands area as we find the truck Big Dave was driving parked nearby. The camera moves passed it and spots Big Dave pulling Kravinoff along who’s hands are bound and eyes are blindfolded. He drags him along until they are near a clearing. Dave gets Kravinoff to stand up as he paces around him.

Dave: Well Hunter, here we are. Can you hazard a guess as to where?

Hunter rolls his lips and refuses to answer.

Dave: No? I thought being the wild man that you are, you would have recognised that you’re in the wild. What? Something the matter Hunter? You talk about how wild you are and how you sho…no, actually, there has never been any evidence of this has there?

Hunter looks frustrated underneath his blindfold.

Dave: That’s part of why we’re here, not to mention I thought we would have a little private chat, mono a mono. You see, I have this situation here. I have a man who’s been pursuing a briefcase, which you won rightly so, then calls me out at being uncivilised. I’m lost Hunter, you got what you wanted, I thought that would be it? But no, you couldn’t leave there you had to come out and challenge me one more time to prove it, saying you will hunt everyone down until you prize the World Heavyweight Championship from the last corpse you have to cease upon. And this is what I find humorous because, you’re not a hunter, every time we have faced off there has been an outside element to force the favour your way, if you are truly the wild man you could get it done yourself, which is why I accept your challenge at Apocalypse on two conditions.

Kravinoff: Name them!

Dave: First, all outside parties banned from ringside, it’s just you and me as it was meant to be!

Kravinoff: You got it! What’s the other?

Dave: I want to face you in a match to prove who is the wildest man out of us two, a match that has no limits, no quit, a match of survivor. I want you in a Last Man Standing match!

Kravinoff thinks for a moment before going straight back at Dave.

Kravinoff: I accept! Is that all this little charade and play up was for? I must admit Dave, you got a little of the theatrics in you, maybe Ty Burna could help you out a bit there. Well, let’s go!

Dave watches as Kravinoff tries to head off and find his way back, and had a small laugh to himself.

Dave: Did I say we were done?

Hunter frowns once again.

Dave: That match is just to prove which one of us is the wildest. Now I need to see evidence that you’re really the wild man you say you are.

Hunter realises what had just been said and starts looking frightened.

Hunter: Very clever Dave! I-I think you need to work on your sense of humour.

Dave smirks before shoving Kravinoff onto his back, he then pulls off the blindfold and starts walking off.

Hunter: Wait! Where are you going? You’re not leaving me HERE are you?

Dave: You’re a wild man Hunter, you know how to handle yourself.

Dave walks off as the camera stays focused on Hunter, suddenly the ignition fires up and the lorry’s horn starts honking as the sounds drive off into the distance.

Hunter: Dave?! Dave?! Son of a bitch!

Anderson: The following contest is scheduled for one fall!

Everest makes his way out with a confident strut. The crowd cheers loudly as he makes his way down the ramp, slapping hands with the fans before entering the ring. He takes his sunglasses off and poses for the crowd to another pop.

Anderson: Introducing first, weight in at 205 lbs, Everest!

Austin Reynolds walks out to the ring, the crowd booing loudly as he stares down at Everest in the ring. He walks down the ramp without any interaction before sliding into the ring. He stands across from Everest, his eyes not moving from him.

Anderson: And his opponent, weighing in at 190 lbs, Austin Reynolds!

Connor: It's safe to say the fans don't believe in Austin anymore after his actions on Meltdown.

Cohen: It's the only way he can beat Ty Burna. If he plays to these fans, he'll lose. Simple as that CC. He made a choice, and the choice was to win the WZCW World Title at any cost.

The ref signals for the bell and the two immediately lock up. Everest gains advantage first with a headlock and takes him over. He keeps the headlock on and hits a few punches before getting up. Reynolds is slow to his feet, taking his time as he stares across at Everest. Everest walks up and goes for a right hand but Reynolds ducks under and connects with a neckbreaker, sending Everest to the mat. Reynolds quickly follows up with a dropkick, sending Everest into the ropes. Reynolds whips Everest into the opposite ropes, connecting with a shoulder charge, sending Everest down. Reynolds stomps away at Everest before dropping down with an elbow. He covers Everest, 1....2...Everest kicks out. Reynolds gets up and drags Everest with him. He throws him into the rope and goes for a clothesline but Everest ducks under and hooks Reynolds' arms and gets a backslide! 1....2.....Reynolds kicks out! Everest quickly follows up, dragging Reynolds up and connecting with a fisherman's suplex. He bridges it, 1.....2.....Reynolds kicks out again.

Connor: Back and forth action here tonight, Reynolds is taking this match very seriously.

Cohen: Regardless of how people think of Everest, he's still a proven veteran in that ring. You cannot take him lightly, or you'll end up with a loss.

Everest is to his feet and lifts Reynolds up. He sends him into the corner and hits a few rights before going to send Reynolds to the opposite corner. Reynolds counters and whips Everest into the corner himself. He rushes forward and Everest tries to back body drop him over. Reynolds floats over and grabs Everest's hair, forcing him down to the mat. The crowd boos at the heel tactic, and Reynolds begins climbing to the top rope. Everest gets to his feet and turns around, only to be met by a crossbody by Reynolds! The two men roll across the ring and Everest on top, he hooks the legs, 1.....2......Reynolds kicks out! Both men are down and slowly attempting to get to their feet. They are both up and Everest ducks under a clothesline from Reynolds and hits the Rock Slide! Reynolds hits the mat and quickly rolls out of the ring. Everest looks frustrated as he had Reynolds where he wanted him. He exits the ring and walks to Reynolds. He tries to lift him up but Reynolds pulls the trunks and trips Everest, sending him right into the barricade. The ref begins the ten count as Reynolds begins pulling himself back up. He grabs hold of Everest's head and slams him face first into the barricade a few times before whipping him into the side of the ring. Reynolds connects with lefts and rights before rolling into the ring and then out to reset the count. Everest walks away from the apron as Reynolds climbs up. He readies himself and comes flying off, connecting with a hurcanrana, sending Everest back first into the barricade. Reynolds gets up and drags Everest up with him, tossing him back into the ring. Reynolds goes for the cover, 1.....2.....kickout by Everest.

Connor: Reynolds used the outside to his advantage, wearing down Everest with punishing attacks.

Cohen: I like this new Reynolds. This is the style Reynolds needs in order to defeat Ty Burna. I'm convinced.

Reynolds lifts Everest up once again and hits a roaring elbow, sending Everest into the ropes. He lifts him up and hits the Five star Backbreaker. He drops him to the mat and covers him, 1......2......Everest kicks out. Reynolds stomps away at Everest, not giving him a moment to rest. He lifts him up and goes for the Five Star again but Everest counters and hits a big spinebuster! Reynolds yells in pain as he holds his back. Everest rolls over and hooks the leg, 1.....2....Reynolds kicks out. Everest slowly gets to his feet and pulls Reynolds up with him. He sends him into the ropes and ducks under Reynolds clothesline and hooks the arm, and locks in the Mountain Climber! Reynolds struggles in the hold as Everest tries to cinch in the hold. Reynolds wraps his arm around Everest's neck and sends him over to break the hold. Reynolds bounces off the ropes and ducks under a blind clothesline from Everest and rolls forward off the rebound and hits the Millions and Millions! Everest is down as Reynolds moves to the apron outside. He motions for the Ego Crush as the crowd boos loudly. Everest is slow to his feet when suddenly the lights go out!

Cohen: Oh no not now! Not during the match? Reynolds was about to win.

Connor: The crowd is anticipating the WZCW World Heavyweight Champion, Ty Burna!

The lights come on and Everest is gone, but standing in his place is Ty Burna, the WZCW World Heavyweight Title hanging from his hand. Reynolds enters the ring and immediately moves towards Ty, yelling at him and shoves him. Ty backs off and shakes his head. He lifts up the mic he has in his other hand, staring Reynolds down.

Ty: Reynolds, I'm sorry to interrupt your match, but it was imperative I get this information to you.

Reynolds holds his hands out, continuing to yell at Ty.

Ty: I found out who kidnapped Hayley. I figured you should be the first to know.

Reynolds grabs Ty by the collar and begins yelling at him once more.

Reynolds: Who is it? Where is she?

Hayley: A....Austin?: Can you hear me?

Reynolds and Ty turn towards the tron, Reynolds right up against the ropes. The video turns on and it reveals Hayley, tied up and blindfolded. She sits in a dark room, a dimly lit candle in front of her. Tears trickle down her face as she continues speaking.

Hayley: Please help me Austin. Please

Reynolds holds his head in his hands and turns towards Ty and looks at him. He mouths I'm sorry before walking towards the ropes.

Ty: Reynolds, there's just one more thing.

Reynolds turns back toward Ty and suddenly gets blasted with the Consecrated Banishment! The crowd is stunned as Ty stands over Reynolds. He holds the World Title up above Reynolds before speaking once more.

Ty: You see, I haven't been completely truthful with you Reynolds, I've known who kidnapped Hayley all along. I knew before the kidnapping happened.

Ty turns to the tron with a sick smile on his face as Serafina suddenly walks into the picture, a rope hanging from her shoulder. She smiles and blows out the candle as Hayley begins shrieking in terror. Ty turns and looks down at Reynolds, the crowd now realizing what's going on booing the champion at a deafening level. Ty cackles loudly before leaning down and slapping Reynolds hard across the face.

Ty: You pathetic worm. Your blatant disrespect led me to this Reynolds. Your constant complaining and whining made me sick. So I took your precious Hayley from you Reynolds. Everyone wants to take something from me, whether its my WZCW World Title, my winning streak, hell even my spot on the Molten 5, all the way up to taking my own associate Serafina from me. Now it's time I take something from someone, and who better than you Reynolds? You have had everything handed to you all your life. Your fame, your cars, your women. Everything! No longer will you expect things to be handed to you Reynolds. You talked about how I screwed you out of the title. Your own ego cost you the title Reynolds and you know it! You forget where I came from Reynolds. I came from the streets. All it took was a few hired men, an outstanding acting job from Serafina, and me to make sure I was in the ring at the time to fool everyone!

Ty stands straight and walks around the ring. The crowd continues to boo and some begin to chant Reynolds name, some chant Showtime's name as well. Ty smirks as he hears the chants.

Ty: Oh, am I not the hero you thought I was? In what fashion you would ever think of me as the hero of WZCW? I have said this since day one, I will destroy WZCW. I will destroy every wrestler in this company. I let you all believe in me, yet you let the cobra slowly wrap around your necks, and this is your last breath. I even had you believing this man had turned his back on you. And now he shall be punished. He will be punished for his ego and his disrespect.

Reynolds tries to get up as Ty turns towards him. Reynolds gets to his feet but is blasted with the World Title in the center of the ring. Ty stands over Reynolds and holds the WZCW World Title high into the air as the crowd continues to boo.

Ty: It's time to make a choice Reynolds. You have until next Meltdown to give me your answer. Either your woman, or your opportunity at the World Title. What do you truly value Reynolds? I want to know what matters most to your soul.

Ty drops the mic and spits in the face of Reynolds and holds his World Title high once more as his music hits. The lights go dark and the Chaos symbol flashes on the screen as Ascension goes off the air.

Who wrote what:

Phoenix: Constantine/Holmes vs. Saxton/Bowen, Backstage
Showtime: Kravinoff/Titus
Numbers: Cruz/Masters/Agony
Blade: Barbosa/Hammond
Ty: Baez/Toyota, Reynolds/Everest, Opening, Backstage

Reactions: gd
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.