Ascension 131: PC Stevie Broon vs. Annie Halloway

Status
Not open for further replies.
PC STEVIE BROON
In
Dippers and Deceit

It had been a number ae weeks since ol' Stevie Broon was put oot like a candle in a hurricane – a debilitatin' loss if ah had ever encountered one. Big Janice had eventually found me lyin' out her back garden, drooling like a dafty and mutterin' nonsense like an alkie after a chronic night on the piss. Ah don't remember a lot about that night but the pain that shot through mah whole body for a few days after was a costly reminder that ah had failed. That failure alone would have been enough for Stevie but when it rains for Stevie, it tends to be a golden shower too. On this occasion, the streak of pish that rained down on me was a loss to Xander a few days later. The truth was it had been a terrible time to be Stevie Broon.

Ah sat in mah one bedroom apartment in self-imposed solitary confinement – only what ah deserved after being such a colossal failure. Days had went by since mah loss to Xander and ah had become even more of a husk of a man. The man who beat Titus and Tony Mancini seemed like a thing of the past. The same man who solved the mystery of the broken window now found himself shattered like the retail glass.

Ah looked at the blood stained note that ah had woken up with that night at Big Janice's hoose. Ah had looked it over hundreds of times before to the same result. It didn't make any sense at all. Shug The Gun had been in jail for months. The night after the beating at Janice's hoose, ah had even checked into it mahself. A few phone calls here, a few favours there and – as expected – confirmation that Shug McTavish was still locked behind bars at the leisure of her majesty. In fact, Shug had been havin' a terrible time of it in prison by all accounts. What was left of his criminal empire had fallen into the hands of his underlings and had since been embroiled in greed, warfare and loss.

But the attack at Janice's hoose had his fingerprints all over it, make no mistake. Shug the Gun was all over this like a tramp on chips. The clues were there but ah just couldn't put it all together.

Me: THIS IS ABSOLUTE BAWS!

Ah threw mah plate ae chicken dippers across the room – smashing the plate into a thousand pieces and sending mah dinner to the floor. Ah had to talk to someone, anyone that could help me make sense of all of this. But who? Stevie didn't make many friends and the ones who did wouldn't know what to make of any of this. With the upcoming match against Annie Holloway on the horizon, ah knew that ah had to sort this oot. Annie had proved hersel' to be quite handy in the ring and she posed more of a distraction at this point. Harald Var Krigare and the Mayhem Championship lay in wait after all but all ah could think aboot was Shug and his evil plan.

Me: Where's that phone!?

Ah looked around the room for mah phone before clocking it sitting on the far table. Ah reached for mah wallet and dug Big Janice's card oot ae it. Big Janice had told me to phone her for anything - it was the least she could do for me after ah put mahself in the cross hairs for something much bigger than any of us had previously imagined. Big Janice had proved herself to be a friend to me on more than one occasion since all of this went doon. On three occasions, ah had phoned Janice for nothing more than to vent tae her. She seemed really interested in what ah had to say and always listened with open ears and an open heart. Tonight was no different. Ah needed a friendly voice and someone to take away mah anger.

Ah dialled the phone and put it on speaker phone as ah looked at the note fae Shug one more time. The writing looked almost feminine but it was a boy who left the note for sure. The phone began to ring but ah found mahself looking at the characters on the page intently. It wasn't like Big Janice to leave the phone ringing this long – maybe she was out at the Bingo the night. She didn't know ah was phonin', ah could hardly hold it against her. After a few more rings, the phone went to voicemail and ah was foiled. Suddenly, Big Janice's voice rang out through mah tiny apartment as the voicemail kicked in.

Big Janice: You've reached the voicemail of Janice McTavish. Please leave your name...

Ah went limp as the phone dropped fae mah hand and smashed next to mah chicken dippers. All this time ah was blind to what was right there in front of me. Janice had always talked about her son being “away” and now it made more sense than ever.

Janice was the mastermind behind all of this...

The mystery ends soon...

Codename: The Only Law That Matters

Processing request, please stand by.

After Ascension 130:

It was not exactly something she could’ve seen coming, nor was it something she wanted to see happen, but unfortunately for her it was now recorded in the history books. Alice Adams, the lady who Annie had despised for her profession had bested her in terms of smarts and skill. She was only just now coming to grips with it when suddenly her phone started to ring. She checked it to see who it was that was bothering to call her at this time…

Of course. Ezekiel Roche. At least someone would understand her plight. If anything, he might have already found out.

Ezekiel Roche:
I've heard of the disappointing news Ms. Halloway.

Yep, she was right. But she wasn’t going to up and say it to him, she was better than that. All she could do was be honest with him and tell him how it was she lost the day.

Annie Halloway:
A sneaky witch she is Ezekiel, I give her that. She planned that screwjob quite perfectly if you ask me.

Ezekiel Roche:
It certainly was a disgrace, the biggest robbery of the millennia!

Annie Halloway:
A case of grand theft Mr. Roche. But i'm a merciful soul, I forgive quite easy. So in the case of Alice Adams, I think the punishment for outsmarting me will be light.

Ezekiel Roche:
What shall I tell of the others?

Annie pondered her options carefully. What would be the right form of action for her trickery? Perhaps she could release some nudes of her some perverted human took when she wasn’t looking. But then again, she might actually like that sort of attention. Maybe there were clips of her acting like a generally foul mouthed human being. “No,” she thought. This was far too easy. Alice was always unpleasant from start to finish. What else was there?

Oh this was perfect.

Annie Halloway:
Consider hijacking Alice's phone. Tell her that the panty bin at Rue Twenty One's been restocked…

Yes, yes! This was…

But then again she thought, perhaps she could go even further.

Annie Halloway:
...or maybe you should delve into the art of sexting? I've heard people like her go crazy for this type of texts.

Ezekiel Roche:
A bold idea. I shall note them all as soon as possible.

Annie Halloway:
Thank you my dear Ezekiel. I shall return soon, until then, you're in charge.

Ezekiel Roche:
Understood.

And that was all that needed to be said to end this conversation. As Annie skated her way outside of the area, she was noted of an interview she was to have with Leon Kensworth. But there was no time, there was much to do and not enough time to accomplish it. Whatever this interview was about, it was going to have to be conducted through other means.

The Next Day:

Annie had still not returned back to ATV headquarters by the crack of dawn. She had been getting some well deserved rest inside her limo.

As for the rest of ATV, they were immediately noted of her next opponent. He was several steps up from the last two opponents she faced and looked to be her greatest opponent so far, not just because of his place, but because of who he represented. The very moment Ezekiel heard of his name and got his initials, he called for an emergency meeting between him, Alexander and Sidney to examine further into this new opponent.

Sydney:
This PC Stevie Broon seems rather...impressive wouldn't you say?

Ezekiel Roche:
(An ominous tint has taken his voice)
Indeed. It doesn't help that PC stands for the very thing we're against.

Alexander:
You mean the most corrupted of them all?

Ezekiel Roche:
Oh yes...the dreaded police cadet!

The shudders and sounds of distaste were ever present when Ezekiel mentioned the very thought of police cadets.

Alexander:
The treachery those soulless men in armor wear, being forced to deny all those of the truth for the sake of an out of touch, out of control group of people...it is deplorable!

As the session continued to devolve into lamentation and vitriolic hatred towards those who attempted to keep law and order all across the world, one more voice came up. Take a wild guess who it was that finally showed up.

Annie Halloway:
Hello Sidney, gentlemen…

As she slowly made her way towards the table and sat at her chair, she glanced over to see their worried and disturbed faces.

Annie Halloway:
...what seems to be the trouble?

Ezekiel attempted to maintain his composure as he told her of who it was she would be facing.

Ezekiel Roche:
Your opponent. He is a part of a business that is seen to be impure for our wonderful group. One that you have been on the lookout for many times before.

Annie Halloway:
(Uninterested)
Let me guess, PC Stevie Broom?

The other three looked at Annie, amazed. How did she know about this they wondered? She hadn’t been informed of the match before hand. At least, not to their knowledge.

Sydney:
How...how did you-

Annie Halloway:
I had a feeling our paths would cross eventually...allow me to explain.

Everyone sat down to listen to what Annie had to say. They had to, she was the leader after all. There was no possible situation in which they would able to not listen to the critical information Annie would give them. They kept that in mind as Annie began to speak.

Annie Halloway:
You see, given our livelihoods, it is inevitable that we as people would be falsely accused for crimes we do not commit. It's not because they're bad people or anything, far from it. But they have simply been misguided to believe a false truth, that people like us are traitors to the obsolete laws they proclaimed would 'protect' us.

Sydney:
But what does that have to do with us?

Annie Halloway:
Fear not dear Sydney, it is not you they want. In fact, they do not wish to take any one of you out, for it is me they want. But try as they might, they never actually win. And I believe it is obvious why.

Annie took a small glance at Alexander, motioning for him to stand up and give his best shot into guessing what may had been going through her head.

Alexander:
Annie thinks one step ahead of the law. Annie always thinks one step ahead of the law, for Annie is the law. And she is the only law that matters.

Alexander looked into the eyes and face of Annie…

A rare smile creeped up on her face, a good sign it was!

Annie Halloway:
Exactly dear Alexander. And what is the symbol we use to those who think otherwise?

This time she looked at Ezekiel to give put the symbol, he soon stood up and placed his middle finger onto his mouth. Alexander and Sydney quickly followed suit, further pleasing Annie Halloway.

Annie Halloway:
This is correct, and it is a relief that all of you are in solidarity. We wouldn’t want to find out what would happen if you had been suggesting other than the obvious...would we?

All Three:
No Ms. Halloway.

Once more Annie gave a smile, even better than the last! In fact, this smile was almost motherly.

Annie Halloway:
Thank you for your honesty. Your feedback is of paramount importance to ATV.

And all was joyous among the group of four...at least it seemed that way until Sydney looked around, seeming uncomfortable with the whole situation. As she did, she said to herself in a quiet matter…

Sydney:
This honesty seems forced to me…

Despite her alleged silence, the volume of her voice was enough for the others to hear of her. Ezekiel could only stand in shock as Alexander shook his head disapprovingly. And as for Annie, as she watched Sydney cower slightly in fear, she looked at her with astute questioning.

Annie Halloway:
(Suspicious)
Pardon me Sydney...but is there a problem amongst the ranks?

Sydney:
N-no ma'am…

Still suspicious of Sydney’s true intentions, Annie nevertheless proceeded onward with praise.

Annie Halloway:
A breath of fresh air. If I heard that there was someone that was not being true to their inner feelings, i’m unsure of what I would’ve done.

Sydney:
(Confused, still trembling in desperation)
Inner feelings...Ms. Halloway, I fail to-

Annie Halloway:
Do not be impatient my dear, I don’t expect you to understand so early into the process of becoming a valuable member of our humble society.

Sydney:
(Frantic)
Ms. Halloway, please forgive me! This is all so much to take in a-and i’m just a normal human being and...and...and…

Her voice wavered for the last few words or so, trembling with every step she took. Finally, she could take no more of it and broke down into tears, anguished cries breaking out through her mouth. Annie could only watch in disappointment as Alexander and Ezekiel only exchanged glares at her.

Ezekiel Roche:
(Flat, no emotion)
Ah, the poor lass. Cracked open on her third day.

Annie Halloway:
Alexander, take her out to get some fresh air. It seems that time must heal this unforgiving wound.

Alexander
As you wish my dear.

Alexander would take Sydney by the hand and lead her outside to try and recapture her mind. As their presence was rendered obsolete (at least for the time being), it left only Annie and Ezekiel to speak of PC Stevie Broon. But before they could resume that however, they figured it would be healthier to get the elephant out of the room.

Ezekiel Roche:
It appears Sydney does not maintain emotional capacity to catch up with our finest soldiers Ms. Halloway.

Annie Halloway:
Perhaps...but we must be patient with Sydney. Several days ago she was nothing more than a pawn to lies and deception. It takes time for someone like her to evolve and learn from these mistakes.

Ezekiel Roche:
But still, it is very rare for someone to hold onto the values that failed us for this long...we even showed her the famed welcome video that you majestically produced and still...nothing has changed.

He was right. Sydney had not shown much progression in her mindset since arriving in ATV. She seemed too absent minded, clumsy and dare she say it, willingly and dutifully naive. Annie sighed quietly and thought of a rational way to go about it.

Annie Halloway:
How about this. We give her a week more to prove herself. Should she fail to progress in the basic understandings of this divine land…

Her noble and ambivalent expression soon changed of that of a deranged soul who yet still had a moral compass. So it was she looked deeply in Ezekiel’s eyes and said the seven words that would shake anyone to the core.

Annie Halloway:
We’ll send her to The Cage of Correction.

Ezekiel gasped when Annie revealed the potential punishment, his face lightening up with shock and horror.

Ezekiel Roche:
Ms. Halloway! Do you know what that entails?!

Annie Halloway:
Sadly I do. From what I can remember, those unfortunate enough to enter this facility...never returned.

Ezekiel Roche:
I have heard many horror stories of this cage of correction. One time, a man by the name of Kizarny Kavello was caught forgetting the famed symbol that represented your law. I believe you may know what happened next.

Annie Halloway:
Yes...t’was unfortunate, but such is the price to pay…

A few seconds passed by as the two collected all the thoughts they had processed from even considering such a dangerous device. And then Annie continued onward.

Annie Halloway:
You know...I still remember a lady by the name of Jasmine Farrow.

Ezekiel got chills up his spine when she mentioned the name of Jasmine Farrow. She was there when he first started working for Annie, but as they were separated into different groups, they never really got to interact much. With that said, he had heard some rather discouraging things about her.

Annie Halloway:
A beautiful young woman, seemed to have the perfect body and attitude. Flowing blonde hair, a blinding white smile and an infectious laugh…

Annie then thought about the memories she and Jasmine shared, every memory they had seemingly getting worse in the process until finally, in a spike of anger, she slammed her fists onto the table.

Annie Halloway:
(Shouting, angered)
I hated the bitch!

She took several deep breaths and watched once more Ezekiel’s eyes as he showcased confusion. She had to regain composure somehow and looking into Ezekiel’s eyes seemed to do the trick.

Ezekiel Roche:
And yet...she stayed on?

Annie Halloway:
What choice did I have? She was a fast learner and tended to work well with others. But eventually, time caught up to her and I found a reason to end what was started.

Ezekiel Roche:
(Seemingly understanding)
Yes...I think I remember clearly now, she broke three of the unwritten laws.

Annie Halloway:
That she did...the first law she broke? Never let emotions get to you. There is no sympathy to those who get triggered easily or showcase any form of anger, rage or distress. Weakness like this shall not and will not be tolerated under any circumstances. And Jasmine? Well...she always had a tendency to get rather...uptight let’s say when things were not in her favor.

Yes, it was true. Jasmine tended to get rather sore and pouty whenever she was on the losing hand of something. She wanted success, which was by no means her fault, but her deal was that she wanted it ASAP. Or in terms not used on the internet, she wanted everything immediately.

Annie Halloway:
The second broken law, never hold process back. She may not had known this, but her unparalleled beauty distracted many of us all from the common goal. The way she walked and talked...it was almost like she was in some sort of big budget movie designed to insult the intelligence of all those involved.

Ezekiel Roche:
And the way she flipped her hair back...simply horrible.

Annie Halloway:
Yes. But neither compares to the third law she broke.

Ezekiel Roche:
I believe I know what law that may be.

Annie Halloway:
You and me both dear Ezekiel.

She sighed again, this time she showed signs of displeasure.

Annie Halloway:
As much as I appreciate those who are smart and well informed, I am not as fond of those who think they are above what I say. It is even worse when you are willing to spread your corruption to others inside ATV.

Ezekiel Roche:
Yes. It is disgraceful to dismiss the way of life as merely words.

Annie Halloway:
It was the last straw I had. Once I caught wind of what she had done behind my back, I had no other option but to go forth with her arrest towards the cage of correction.

She smirked when she spoke of her actions. Oh what a joyous day it was, watching a once beautiful lady become permanently disfigured by the hands of trained psychologists and doctors. It all started with a pill that ‘permanently’ eased her mind, and it all went downhill from there . What happened next was so disturbing to watch to the common folk, it could not be written out. But Annie knew what happened. And as she did, she softly chuckled to herself.

Ezekiel Roche:
It seems to bring you great enjoyment dear Halloway.

Annie Halloway:
Of course, who wouldn’t enjoy a showcasing of the Cage of Connection?

Ezekiel Roche:
Someone with sanity.

To those not in ATV, you would find such as activity to be damning, worth even a jail sentence in prison. But to them, it was business as usual. And speaking of which, it was finally time to return to the original topic at hand. Analyzing the opponent.

Annie Halloway:
So you see, Mr. Broon can go on and on about how he’s going to uphold some sort of decency and judgement. I expect that from him and his kind. But what he and unfortunately many others don’t seem to understand is that where we come from, there is only one law that truly matters...my law. And when me and Mr. Broon face off tonight, I shall give him an example of what my law truly contains.

And so it was that the meeting came to an end. The gameplan for Annie and Ezekiel was set in motion. It helped that Broon had seemed...distracted recently. Especially with his recent loss to Xander. But no matter what would occur, it was clear to Annie that one thing truly mattered above all else...

@3'S law.

404: Press On No Further

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo