AS 91: Flex Mussel vs. Theron Daggershield

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kermit

the Frog
Ascension_Logo.gif

GM Becky Serra informed Theron that he would face off against Flex this week at the end of last rounds Ascension. With Cerberus having interfered in Theron and Ramparte's match last week, Theron is chomping at the bit to get his hands on Mussel. On the other side, Flex picked up a huge win over current Elite X Champion, Kagura Ohzora. Two superstars with enormous momentum collide in this potential show-stealing match.

Deadline is Tuesday, March 31, 2015 at 11:59 PM (Central Time). Extensions are available upon request.

Theron's Merry Band Of Misfits

sipw.png
2e515si.jpg
3rgn.png
4w31.png
n3gq.png
vpe8.png

2heaq6s.jpg

Scene opens to a view of a swimming pool at The Outset Inn, where Theron and his Merry Band of Misfits are staying for the night. The inn itself is a large 4 story building, the angle shows an outdoor swimming area lined with trees, flowers in a small garden next to the pool, and a sitting area with pool chairs and a table under a large red beach parasol. It is late in the day, the sun is starting to set and an upbeat tune begins playing. It repeats through all of the following scenes.

[YOUTUBE]Kcz5V7qvidc[/YOUTUBE]​

As the song plays, the angle zooms out to show Theron Daggershield laying down in one of the wooden pool chairs under the parasol. He is reading from The Tome Of Mystra, looking very focused. He is approached by his girlfriend, Kirilah the Paladin of Mystra. She walks over to him and tilts her head to the side a little, she has a confused look on her face.

Kirilah: There you are. How come you did not come swimming with us earlier?

Theron, although still reading, knows he had better answer her question. He does not look away from the Tome.

Theron: Just didn't feel like it. I'm trying to get some inspiration for the match I have coming up soon against Frank Physique and the remainder of my Crusade against The Garmr Dogs. These chapters about the Summoner who led Crusades in the name of Mystra are fascinating. She was truly fearless.

Kirilah takes a step closer to Theron and her facial expression changes from confusion to concern.

Kirilah: Theron.... I am really proud of you for wanting to study Mystrian Theology so much recently, but you have not put that Tome down for DAYS. This Crusade that you are on is becoming an obsession. The Theron that I know would have spent time with his friends and right now would be up in his hotel room playing Yutendo Gamecone. You never finished that remake of "Myth Of Esmerelda: Air Activater". You got all the way to Elmendorf's Tower and then suddenly stopped playing, not to mention the fact that you haven't even TOUCHED the copy of "Super Stereo Brothers 3-Tree Realm" that I got you for your birthday last week.

She sits down on the wooden pool chair to the right of Theron.

Kirilah: What's wrong? Kayrentia was right. You have been acting differently ever since you started your Crusade against The Garmr Dogs. This is not like you.

Theron continues reading verses in The Tome and doesn not respond.

Kirilah: Theron? Please answer me. Is it because we are the very same Inn that we stayed at during our Spring Break trip back when we were Freshmen at the Weaponmaster Academy?

Theron still does not respond. He turns to another chapter in The Tome.

Kirilah: Theron! Talk to me. The Tome can wait. Do you remember what happened last time we were here, 5 years ago? Did anticipation of your match with Frank remind you of that day?

Theron sighs, closes The Tome, puts it in his red bag of holding, and sits up to face Kirilah.

Theron: Of course I remember that. Frank Physique reminds me of that Sun Elf Monk who tried to come between us that day.

The music keeps playing as a mosaic animation transitions to black. Bright green text reads "5 years earlier...." Then the text fades out.

====

A mosaic animation transitions from black to a view of a beach, the swimming area Theron and Kirilah were at in the present can be seen a few feet away in the back. A 19 year old Kirilah walks onscreen from the left. She has her hair in a ponytail and is clad in a purple one-piece swimsuit that has Mystra's Holy Symbol on it. An 18 year old Theron walks onscreen behind her clad in blue denim pants and a casual shirt with artwork for the video game "Papyrus Stereo" on it. The noticeably younger Theron sets up a lawn chair in the sand under one of the nearby beach parasols.

Young Kirilah: I'm so excited! We are finally here, our first big trip together! Are you going to get changed into your swimsuit now, Theron?

Theron sits down in the lawn chair and takes out a handbook for the same video game depicted on his shirt, Papyrus Stereo.

Young Theron: Actually, I was thinking of just relaxing here in the shade while skimming through the guide for the game you got me for my birthday.

Young Kirilah: Don't be silly, Theron. No one comes to the beach to sit in the shade. Everyone is going to think you're weird.

Young Theron: I don't really feel like swimming right now.

He opens his handbook to view a chart showing treasure locations. Kirilah pouts but Theron does not notice. He keeps looking at the charts.

Young Kirilah: You are so stubborn!

She walks over to Theron. He notices her approach him, and puts the guide down on his lap. Kirilah picks up the guide and quickly flips through it.

Young Kirilah: What is that game about anyway?

Young Theron: It's a lot like Stereo Brothers. You still fight Kappas in Princess Plum's Castle's aqueducts, but your character's graphic is as thin as a sheet of papyrus.

Kirilah continues flipping through the guide, stopping every now and then to look at artwork and charts, then flips through more pages. Theron smiles, happy that she is taking interest in his game.

Young Kirilah: Can you play as Squeegee too?

Young Theron: Nope you have to be Stereo. Squeegee shows up sometimes though in the Pirate Port and tells you random stories about his own quest that's taking place at the same time as yours.

She gives the guide back to Theron. He opens up to the section on boss battle strategies. Kirilah looks out at the water, as waves hit the shore.

Young Kirilah: If you do not change into your swimsuit soon, I might just go start swimming without you....

At that monent an Athletic Sun Elf Monk clad in workout gear walks onscreen from the right, he walks right past Theron and stares at Kirilah.

Young Kirilah: (frustrated tone) What??

Athletic Sun Elf Monk: Hey there. Judging by your outfit, you're here to go for a swim. Why aren't you swimming?

Young Kirilah: That is the plan. Just waiting on my boyfriend over there to change into his swimsuit.

The Sun Elf looks over at Theron and scratches his head.

Athletic Sun Elf Monk: Wait, you mean.... Him? That guy's your boyfriend? You're far too pretty to be with someone as weird as him.

The Sun Elf begins laughing hysterically. Theron slams his handbook shut and gets up in the Sun Elf's face.

Young Theron: She's happily spoken for. Now leave her alone or else you're gonna regret it.

Kirilah sighs.

Young Kirilah: Theron, it's fine. Ignore him.

Young Theron: No, Kirilah. It's NOT fine. Now listen here. I've had it with athletic guys like you telling me I'm weird. Kirilah loves me and I love her. I'll protect her from anyone and that means you too.

The Sun Elf has calmed down, he stops laughing and his tone changes to an aggravated one.

Athletic Sun Elf Monk: You think you got what it takes to defeat me, kid? I spend all my spare time working out in the dojo. I bet I'm ten times stronger than you.

Young Theron: I'm not afraid of you. I'm a student of the legendary Weaponmaster, Coravel Orletlithar, whose name translated from Elven means "Legendary sword guild of victory". Let's go settle this in that dojo of yours.

Scene transitions to black with a mosaic animation. Bright green text reads "Meanwhile, back in the present...." then it fades away after about 5 seconds.

====

A mosaic animation transitions from black to a sunset at the very same beach, in the present. Theron and Kirilah are sitting on a rock wall looking over the beach as the sun goes down.

Theron: That was the day I hit my Critical Hit finisher in a battle for the very first time. That Sun Elf never would have expected it, but he lost. See, Kirilah? I'm not afraid of Frank Physique. He's no different than the Sun Elf from 5 years ago. Both are monks, both are very strong, both spend a lot of time working out at their dojo, and both have underestimated The Warblade Of Mystra.

Kirilah: Except you didn't follow Mystra back then. Hee hee.... I know what you meant though.

She holds Theron's hand and moves closer to him on the wall.

Kirilah: Are you sure you are not afraid? Frank will no doubt have his allies Graven Darksbane and Ella Teague ready nearby to turn it into a 3 on 1 situation. Just like on Elevation 90. The Garmr Dogs attacked you but Soft Golem Infiltration were nowhere to be found. It was foolish of you, Theron. I was so scared that you would get hurt.

She holds his hand even tighter.

Theron: I thought they would return the favor after I had saved them from The Garmr Dogs, but I learned the hard way that you cannot always trust an Evocation Wizard or a Golem. Soft Golem Infiltration are the best tag team in the world right now though, so they'll want the chance to finish off The Garmr Dogs' for good. When I asked for my match with Ella at Treasure Hunt to be separate from their tag team title battle, I had my reasons. Ella Teague is the final enemy in my Crusade. I'm confident I can defeat her, and I have a chance to send her an additional message. I'll defeat her friend Frank Physique the same way I outsmarted the Sun Elf Monk 5 years ago, with high flying maneuvers, and a devastating Critical Hit he'll never see coming. One so powerful that it will leave him so weakened that Soft Golem Infiltration will have no problems taking back their Gladiatorial Tag Team Championship belts.

Kirilah: It sounds like you have a smart strategy planned.

She rests her head on Theron's shoulder and smiles.

Theron: Kirilah, that sacred relic, The Global Championship that Ella tarnished, will be safe once it is in my hands. One step at a time though. I'm braver than Graven Darksbane, I already proved that. Now on Elevation 91, I'll prove I'm more tactical than Frank Physique. Ella Teague will see why she truly needs to fear me, because I AM the next Global Champion.

Kirilah closes her eyes, still resting her head on Theron's shoulder and tightly holding his hand. Theron looks out at the view of the beach in front of him. The song stops playing but the sound of the waves can still be heard.

Theron: No matter what you roll, Frank Physique.... Your Reflex Save is too low. You'll be the next victim in my Crusade.... And then only Ella Teague will remain.... This is the calm before the storm....

Fade to black.

Following the events of Meltdown 115

After Cerberus’ assault of Hard Metal Penetration was once again interrupted by Theron Daggershield the Eurasian and World tag team champions retreat backstage. With Ramparte looking worse for wear after taking a Critical Hit and being held up by his partner while Eve is still tired from her match. Despite the Catalyst being the more dazed and confused of the two the healthiest man alive Flex Mussel still seemed more concerned with the well-being of the third head.

Flex: Are you sure you’re okay Eve?

Eve: Yeah I think…my ankle is just little bruised after Theron threw me out, little freak caught me off guard is all.

Flex: If he ever even tries to touch you like that again I swear I’ll make sure it’s the last thing he does.

Ramparte: My head….it’s still ringing….

While he continues to help and carry his friend to the back Flex’s concern toward Eve doesn’t shift a bit at the sound of Ramparte’s aching. As the three continue on toward their locker room Flex does his best to try to get Eve to let him massage her ankle while Ramparte continues to moan and groan.

Following the events of Ascension 90

Cerberus’ demeanor and attitude is just the same as it was on Meltdown with Theron once again foiling an attack of theirs. However the roles are reversed this time as it is Ramparte helping Flex backstage after a brutal shot to the stomach with a sword and Eve is the one overly concerned.

Eve: Your ribs looked really bruised Flex; maybe you should get them checked out.

Flex: By this medical staff? I’m better off taking a few protein shakes and a couple hundred sit-ups and I should be good to go. Stage props such as Theron’s sword have no effect on me.

Wanting to sound tough and manly Flex uses his bravado to wave off Eve’s concerns and even attempts to walk upright by himself but struggles to do so. Ramparte not wanting to bruise his friend’s ego continues to help Flex walk backstage.

Ramparte: Maybe Eve is right Flex, for all we know Theron could have put some spell on that sword to make it “super effective”.

Once again the Catalyst’s words fall on deaf ears as Flex essentially ignores Ramparte and even this time purposely shifts his weight away from Ramparte and toward Eve so he falls into her arms bringing the fashion model and body builder to the floor in a seemingly playful accident.

Eve: See I knew you were hurt, Ramparte be a darling and go get some EMT’s with a stretcher so they can come get Flex, I’ll wait here with him.

Ramparte: Yeah…sure.

One half of the tag team champions shuffles off into the distance leaving the other two heads of Cerberus on the floor, propped up against the wall, with Flex laying in Eve’s arms.

Flex: Is that a new ring gear you’re wearing?

Eve: Yeah, I got it specially made on my last trip to Milan.

Flex: Well like most things it looks great on you. I’d like to go to Milan at some point.

Eve: I’ll have to take you some time, I’m sure it’d be a fun trip.

Flex: I’d like that.

The two continue looking into each other’s eyes until Ramparte returns with the medical staff ready to help Flex to proper medical assessment room.

A couple of days later

The bodybuilder can still be seen sporting slightly bruised ribs but to one half of the tag team champions it’s only a reminder of how badly he wants to hurt Theron Daggershield. He can be seen doing endless amounts of sit-ups in a private backstage room of a Flex Fitness gym with his imaginary motivator Masquer looking on in the distance.

Masquer: You seem different lately Flex. Your motivation has continued but you seemed to be urged on by something different than just yourself.

Flex: Multiple goals lead to harder training.

Masquer: I’d agree if I didn’t think this newfound goal was only a distraction leading down a wrong path.

Flex: You’re already in my head Masquer, is there something you want to say?

Masquer: Leave Eve alone Flex, nothing good can come out of a woman distracting you from becoming the greatest WZCW star of all time.

Flex: What good is all the fame and glory I’ll soon have if I can’t share it with anyone?

Masquer: Then find a more submissive, weak, and dependent significant other but a force as strong willed as Eve will not share the spotlight with anyone.

Flex: It’s not like that at all. We bring out the best in each other, she would never back-stab me and I’d never even think of doing that to her.

Masquer: That’s easy to say now until she starts to become jealous of all the popularity of respect you’ll have. Speaking of which, don’t you think you should be focusing more time on your tag team partner than testing out your bush-league flirting techniques?

Flex: What Ram? I know him extensively, and I want to know Eve just as well as I know him so Cerberus can become a stronger unit as a whole.

Masquer: Did it ever cross your mind that maybe Ramparte is thinking of the same thing when it comes to Eve?

Flex: What are you getting at?

Masquer: If you and Eve manage to even become an item do you really think that megalomaniac is willing to just sit on the sidelines like a third wheel? Your alliance with those two has done you well in improving your ability and notoriety but you making things official and public with Eve might be detrimental to Ramparte’s already fragile state of mind.

Flex: Considering I’m talking to an inanimate object I don’t think I have the right to criticize anybody’s state of mind Masquer.

Masquer: Yeah I get it, you’re both insane, and that’s why you’re such good friends and partners. Difference with you is that you have me guiding you down the correct path while he’s hearing the whispers of demons or whatever garbage he’s heard from whatever book he happens to be quoting.

Flex: Ram has always been more concerned with himself than finding a woman and I don’t see why that would change now. All I know is that soon enough I will indeed show the world that Flex Mussel and Eve Taylor are the greatest couple in WZCW history. But before I can do that I need to get rid of problems such as Hard Metal Penetration and Theron Daggershield.

Masquer: Your foolish bravado will lead to bad things in your next encounters….

Flex: Quite the opposite Masquer, Hard Metal Penetration abandoning Theron this past week only shows just how cowardly and selfish Alhazred and S.H.I.T. really are. They’re inabilitity to care about anything that doesn’t involve whatever shenanigans they concoct will eventually be their greatest downfall. I now know Ram and I are dealing with two people incapable of putting their own egos aside to deal with a common enemy.

Masquer: But that hardly matters now that Theron has gotten six person tag split into two separate matches.

Flex: But it does. Defeating and weakening Theron on Ascension 91 is the key to showing Eve just how good I truly am and that I care about her enough to destroy her competition before it even gets to her. Because of Theron I no longer have the opportunity to fight beside my best friend and the woman I love to destroy three of my greatest enemies. Because of Theron I now have to go into a ladder match potentially worrying about how Eve will do in her title match. Because of Theron I now have bruised ribs because for some reason he carries a giant fucking sword with him to the ring. A lot of people believe Theron Daggershield is the next big star in WZCW and while that may be true the fact of the matter is he still has a long way to go before he reaches the mountain top. Anytime he gets close to a championship it slips right in between his grasp. That Elite X title he wanted for so long, the one he failed to acquire against Fallout and Constantine, it could be mine right now if I wasn’t tag team champion, that’s how dominant of a victory I had against the current Elite X Champion Kagura Ozhora. Theron thinks switching over to Eve’s Eurasian title will make things better for him but once again Theron has failed to capture that championship at Kingdom Come. The fact is that no matter how good Theron is he fails when the opportunity to take that next step into glory is presented to him. Now this may not be a championship match but Theron is going to soon realize I am that next step and just like all the other times he will fail because I am nobody’s stepping stone. I am the next breakout star of this company and I will destroy any and all opposition to prove that. I didn't need Eve or Ram to defeat Kagura, and when Theron realizes I don't need the numbers advantage to beat him he'll have to come to terms with the fact that he just isn't good enough to win when it counts.

Masquer: All this passion and determination for Eve, very interesting….

Flex: What can I say; love is a hell of a motivator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back