AS 78: Theron Daggershield vs. Showtime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard Blonoff

Make America Rassle Again
We have a battle between the new and old guard, in this exciting match. On one side, the man with amazing potential, Theron Daggershield. Theron has been followed by Zeus and Beard, and potentially has another enemy in Vega. On the other side, Showtime is a multiple time world champion, and the most decorated star in the company. He, too, finds himself chased by Titus. Can both these men shake their followers, and focus on this important match?

Deadline is Thursday, April 10th, 11:59 PM CST. Extensions available on request

Theron's Merry Band Of Misfits

sipw.png
ru7l.png
3rgn.png
4w31.png
n3gq.png
vpe8.png

1526999_10100132102582716_497666171_n.jpg

Scene opens to a large guest bedroom in the manor of the Lady of Thunderbelle, the largest home in the town on the Blixt Isle. Paintings of gladiators are on the walls. A suit of armor is in the back left corner, and half a dozen swords rest on a weapon rack in the back right corner. Theron Daggershield is laying in a twin sized bed with red bedsheets in the corner opposite the door. He is watching recorded footage of his next opponent, Daniel "The Main Event" Jaguar's best gladiatorial matches on the manor's complimentary F-Box Won media device. Kirilah the Paladin enters the room. Harpsichord music is heard playing in the background as Kirilah appears and remains on repeat through the following scene.

[YOUTUBE]QYf4dIplLKc[/YOUTUBE]​

Kirilah: Hey, are you alright?

Theron: No. I'm not. How did you get in here? I thought I locked the door.

Kirilah: Sheshmish took a spare key from a nobleman working for the Lady of the manor when nobody was looking. I asked him to get me a key so that I come visit with you. The others are waiting for you. Don't you want to come play Labyrinths & Leviathans with us? I'm sure you could use some fun.

Theron: I'm not in the mood right now. I have to watch all of these matches in order to get a better idea of what to expect in my next match. I have an opportunity to steal the show more than ever before in this upcoming match.

Kirilah walks over to see what Theron is watching. The screen currently is displaying the match between Daniel "The Main Event" Jaguar, Sealamin Glimmergaunt, and Drago Cromwell from Empire Rally 5.

Kirilah: Which match is this one?

Theron: This is from the show right before I became part of the World Gladiatorial Combat Federation. Daniel "The Main Event" Jaguar won a triple threat match where Sealamin Glimmergaunt's World Heavyweight Championship was on the line. He's won more titles than anyone in the federation.

Kirilah's eyes bug out, in disbelief at the in-ring excellence of Daniel Jaguar.

Kirilah: Holy Mother of Magic....! This is the guy you're facing this week!?

She turns to face Theron with a look of concern.

Kirilah: How are you ever going to defeat him?

Theron: That's why I'm watching all these matches. I have to know what to expect. He's been defeated before, I can be the next one beat him, and I'm going to steal the show in the process! All I have to do is watch to find out his weaknesses, that way I can exploit them when our match takes place.

Kirilah: You have confidence behind your words, but I can tell that something else is your primary focus at the moment. What's wrong? Is there something on your mind?

Theron: You know me too well, Kirilah. I lost the match against Beardacus, so that's got me rather bummed. Then there's that everything that has been going on between Vire Silverclaw and myself. I still can't trust him. I want to, but I just can't. He needs to make up his mind on whether he is a friend or a foe. Speaking of foes.... Davkas Diamonddeath and his chapter of the Shar cult.... I can't WAIT to get my revenge on him after the brutal attack he unleashed on me at recent shows. He can't hide anymore though, soon we infiltrate his tower. If only we could get there without Vire's assistance though. Can we truly trust him?

Kirilah: Theron.... I've been meaning to ask you something.

Theron: What is it?

Kirilah: It's about your brother.

Theron: I'm not.... at a point where I am ready to talk about that yet, Kirilah.

Kirilah: You need to. It might help me better understand why the situation with Vire is causing this internal conflict within you.

Theron: F-BOX....PAUSE....!

The match footage being displayed pauses upon hearing Theron's vocal request. Theron sits up. Kirilah grabs a chair and sits down by his bed in the chair.

Theron: My brother Feron.... There was a moment where he just changed, for the worse. When growing up he was always the more problematic of the two of us, and I could have stopped him from making the full turn to being evil, but I couldn't bring him back into the light during the time he needed me the most, and he went on to do terrible acts that cannot be undone. He had the good in him, but he embraced darkness. The worst part is.... part of it is my fault. Vire has good in him, I have to show him the light, Kirilah. I cannot allow what happened to my brother to happen to Vire too.

Kirilah: Have you prayed about it?

Theron: My mind's just been preoccupied. I haven't had time for Mystra or reading the Tome lately. Now, I have to potentially Main Event Jaguar to my list of things concerning me. This guy's a legend among legends. And what does he do? Tells the fans off. Now he's formed some type of alliance with Markus Frostbite. What if he comes out and interferes in the match? That would be cheating. The old Daniel Jaguar who used to put forth his best effort for the fans would never resort to something like that. Now he longer cares what the fans think. That REALLY makes me angry!!!!

Theron goes over and grabs one of the swords from the weapon rack.

Kirilah: Theron, I think you need to calm down.

Theron stands still for a moment holding the sword and takes several deep breaths before placing it back on the weapon rack.

Kirilah: I get the feeling that your outburst just now wasn't because of Main Event Jaguar. Sure, it was rude of him to turn on his fans, but that's not what you're really angry about is it? It's about your brother. I can tell by the look in your eye.

Theron: What had happened so long ago with Feron is part of the reason. The rest of it is a combination of uncertainty surrounding Vire Silverclaw alongside being infuriated at the actions of Davkas and Beardacus. The thought of Main Event Jaguar having Frostbite attack me was just the final straw. I am so stressed out.

Kirilah: Then come play games with us. We haven't been able to play Labyrinths & Leviathans without you. That pirate captain Alisha from back on the boat wanted to learn how to play so she's going to play too.

Theron: Sorry. Not this time. I'm going to continue watching these matches until I have seen every single match that Main Event Jaguar has been in, only then will I be able to figure out his weaknesses. Then after I have defeated Daniel Jaguar, it will be Davkas and Beardacus' turn. I will get my revenge on them, with or without Vire's help!

Theron lays back down.

Kirilah: Theron.... You need to tell me what happened with your brother. You do not have to tell me everything, but Mystra just gave me a word.... She wants you to trust me with this secret, and to know what I would never judge you. Will you please talk to me about it?

Theron: I betrayed him.

Kirilah: How? That is not like you, the Theron I know would never do such a thing.

Theron: I thought I was doing the right thing. Feron was courting multiple girls at the same time, then dumped each of them simultaneously for another. One was a mage from a swamp who had never had anyone care for her before meeting Feron. Another was a bard whose feelings for Feron had grown to such intensities that she had begun writing songs for him. Neither knew that Feron was also courting the other. Naturally both were crushed upon his choosing a third girl over them. A beautiful lady who was the highest ranking noblewoman in her region. When I learned of Feron's reasons for his actions with these women, I told all three of them the truth.

Kirilah: What happened?

Theron: The mage and the bard were both devastated to find out the type of man he actually was, and the noblewoman he chose over them was equally hurt by this revelation. My honesty caused the noblewoman to develop feelings for me instead of Feron. He never forgave me for ruining his chances with the woman he loved.

Kirilah: What happened after that?

Theron: My brother gave in to the darkness. He stopped caring and began a long list of awful crimes. Even the Dark Knights of Cyric took notice of him, recruiting him into their brotherhood.

Kirilah: Cyric is a deity who teaches murder, lies, illusions, and deception.... He is as evil as Shar. Theron, if your brother Feron chose to become a Dark Knight of Cyric, that was a choice he made on his own, not one that you can place the blame on yourself for.

Theron: But I drove him to it.... Had I not gotten involved in his unfaithful relationship then he might never have become such an evil person.

Kirilah: No. That wasn't your fault.

The room is silent for a moment.

Theron: I need some time to myself. I'm sorry, Kirilah. Please leave.

Kirilah: As you wish. I'll be praying for you.

Theron: F-BOX.... PLAY....!

The footage on the screen begins playing again. Kirilah gets up out of her chair and walks over to the door. She looks back at Theron for a brief moment before opening the door and leaving the room. Scene fades out to black. The music keeps playing.

====

Scene fades in to the manor's lobby. Sheshmish the Swashbuckler is sitting at a desk using a computer while Keifasar the Necromancer is walking around the room admiring the technological advancements Thunderbelle has over other regions the party has traveled to. Neep the floating skull is floating in circles around Keifasar, following him.

Keifasar: This stuff is amazing. The F-Boxes alone are a marvelous invention.

Sheshmish ignores Keifasar, and logs into the web forum at the World Gladiatorial Combat Federation Network.

Keifasar: Sheshmish! Are you even listening to me?

Sheshmish: Arr! What be this idiocy?

Keifasar: What is it?

Keifasar goes over to where Sheshmish is sitting and looks at the screen. Neep floats over to where he can get a good look as well.

Sheshmish: Every time I log in there be another message from this landlubber! They all be saying the same thing too, arr!

Camera zooms in to a view of the message.

Dear RumPirate64,

This message is to let you know that you have broken our spamming rule, which is a little different than most other forums. We do have very high standards here at The World Gladiatorial Combat Federation Network - we're like The Acolytes of Crisis of Forums.

Posts in the non-spam areas need to have some sort of purpose or direction. One line responses, pointless or off-topic responses, and lists are considered spam. All we ask for is a reason for your opinion - back it up. If you gave a list, please explain why your list contains what it does. Little things like this keep the forums clean and keep discussion going.

Also, if you want to agree or disagree with someone, don't simply say "hey, I agree" or "hey, I disagree." If you don't have anything that add to WHY you agree or disagree, then use the REP SYSTEM to tell someone if you agree or disagree with them.

Please take another look at our rules. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me anything.

Dogger Deos
World Gladiatorial Combat Federation Network Mod Staff

Camera zooms out to show Sheshmish, Keifasar, and Neep again.

Sheshmish: I'll make him walk the plank! There be nothing wrong with me posts, yarr!

Keifasar: With a screenname like RumPirate64, I doubt that this mod takes you seriously.

Sheshmish: All I did was say The Sacriligious Tabernacle be a better gladiator group than the Acolytes of Crisis.

Keifasar: Yeah, but that's not on topic. This thread is about who you think will dethrone Marrmell for the Regional Championship.

Sheshmish: What do ye mean?

Keifasar: You didn't read the rules did you?

Kirilah the Paladin walks into the room. Keifasar sees her and waves while making an obnoxious smile at her. She rolls her eyes at him and sits down by Kayrentia the druid, who is in a lounge chair reading a pamphlet on tree cultivation.

Kirilah: So, Theron's not coming. He's not feeling well. I got him to open up a little about his brother, but he needed some time to himself.

Kayrentia: That's a shame. Davivel's gone out into town anyway to buy us some Cure Light Wounds potions, so we probably wouldn't play any Labyrinths & Leviathans tonight.

Kirilah: I'm going to pray for Theron. He has so much on his mind, I am very worried about him.

The room becomes silent for a moment other than Sheshmish's typing. Kirilah closes her eyes to say a prayer, but is interrupted by Sheshmish yelling.

Kirilah: Oh divine Mother of Magic, please watch over your child Theron Daggershield. I just ask that you-

Sheshmish: CURSE YE, LANDLUBBER!!!! Me signature banner be not in violation, it be just FINE, ARRRR!!!!

Keifasar: No it's not. You have 1,496 pixels and the rules state it can only add up to 800. Dude, read the rules before this Dogger Deos guy bans you.

Kirilah: Seriously!?

Kirilah groans in frustration and exits the room, slamming the door behind her. Scene fades out to black. The music stops playing.

====

Scene fades in and Theron is seen at the guest bedroom again, he is still watching footage of Daniel Jaguar. A match between Daniel Jaguar and Drago Cromwell at End Of The World 2012 for the World Heavyweight Championship is seen on the F-Box's screen. It is now dark outside and the only light in the room is from the F-Box's screen, Theron has watched matches for hours.

Theron: Some day, I'll be in a match for that belt myself. I feel much more confident in my odds of defeating a legend like The Main Event after watching all of these matches.

He gets up and grabs the console controller.

Theron: Now to check on the activity over at The Network before I turn in.... F-BOX.... OPEN THE WGCF NETWORK!

Theron logs in to his account at the World Gladiatorial Combat Federation Network, to which he has a new message. Before he is able to open it, Vire Silverclaw enters the room. Shady music plays as he walks in.

[YOUTUBE]zMRi_htLawo[/YOUTUBE]​

Vire: Figured you'd be in here, kid.

Theron: Vire!? How did you get in here? I locked the door!

Vire: I'm the head of an assassin guild, think about it. This isn't the first door I've unlocked.

Theron sets down the controller, his account is still logged in pending a response to opening his unread private message or not.

Theron: What do you want?

Vire: Are you still wanting to go through with our infiltration of Davkas' tower? Now is the time to turn back if you have made the wise decision of changing your mind.

Theron: No way! Davkas and Beardacus' attacks have only increased my desire to take down the shrine at the top of the tower. What I'm more concerned about is where your loyalties lie, honestly.

Vire: You're smarter than I thought. I told you from the beginning that you should not put your trust in me. Keep listening to those thoughts....

Theron: If I legitimately had no reason to place trust in you, Kirilah would detect evil in you and your friend Alisha wouldn't have asked me to reconsider after your recent actions. I still have a place for you in my Merry Band of Misfits.... I just hope I won't regret making the decision to give you the benefit of the doubt in the end. I want to help you reach your full potential when it comes to seeing the light, Vire.

Vire walks over to see what is on the screen.

Vire: The World Gladiatorial Combat Federation Network....? Don't tell me you got involved with that thing too. Ever since they launched that people have been trying to get me to sign up.

Theron: It's a great way to interact with the fans, though. They even made me part of the mod staff. I've been infracting this one guy tonight, RumPirate64, who keeps breaking the rules.

Vire: Can you ban people?

Theron: Yeah, only if they break enough rules though. I banned a bot earlier.

Vire: What the hell is a bot!? And why did you pick the screenname "Dogger Deos", hiding the fact that you're a WGCF superstar in real life seems more like something I'd expect from me, not you. Anyway, I wouldn't waste my time on things like that. I have better things to do, like get mentally prepared for my match with Davkas. After the next show, we're storming that tower. The tower is full of Thunder Cultists, so it won't be easy. I'll be waiting for you at the tower entrance, if you're still up for it.

Vire leaves the room. The music keeps playing as Theron sits on the bed. He lays down.

Theron: It really is difficult being back here again after all that has happened. After all these years. I feared I would run into her again. To think, Vire Silverclaw would send me on a quest in the same town where my betrayal of my brother took place. It's bittersweet to be back in this manor again, and for old time's sake it might have been nice to see the Lady of Thunderbelle herself again.... They say she has become the most beautiful woman in the world now. I hope you can forgive me, brother, wherever you are. I was only doing what I thought was right. I pray in Mystra's name that you find it in your heart to realize I had no intentions of hurting you or seeing you become what you have become.

The music fades out. Theron is quiet for a moment.

Theron: I cannot get distracted by thoughts on whether I should trust Vire or not though. I must focus on my match with Daniel Jaguar first and foremost. Then can Davkas, Beardacus, and Vire receive my full attention.

He turns to his left.

Theron: F-BOX TURN OFF.... YES....

Theron closes his eyes to go to sleep for the night as the screen shuts off, removing the last remnant of visible light from sight. Fade to black.

An eye lid opens up and blinks a couple of times as it takes in light after being asleep for so long. The head bounces and moves a little as if it is riding along in a vehicle. The camera zooms out and we see Showtime sitting comfortably on a cushioned bench. A table is set in front of him and he stretches out on top of it and turns to look out the window. We see tall green trees and a picturesque mountain in the background. Also off in the distances is small lake that slowly comes move into view. Its surface is like crystal and we see a near perfect reflection of the mountain off it. Showtime turns back away from the window and we see that he is riding in a large passenger train. A waiter pushes a serving cart down the hallway and asks Showtime if he would like anything. Showtime turns down food, but accepts a glass of water. The waiter reaches into a lower compartment and offers Showtime some games to play. Showtime declines at first.....

Showtime: Do you have any Snakes and Ladders?

The waiter nods his head and pulls out a big game board and lays it on the table for him. Showtime thanks the waiter who continues on about his business. Showtime reaches down into his pocket and pulls out a large, black, 20 sided D&D dice. Showtime studies the die briefly and then rolls it, landing on 18. Showtime moves a small piece across the board and then rolls the die again, this time getting 14.

Showtime: Man, I'm making record time with this die!

Showtime continues to move his piece when he is approached by somebody.

?????: Showtime!

Showtime looks up from his seat and sees Becky Sierra standing beside him.

Sierra: What a surprise to see you on this train. Do you mind if I sit down?

Before Showtime can answer, Becky sits herself down across from him. She is carrying a binder and some books and lays them on the table. Showtime looks up at her as the edges of her books rests over his board. He grabs the die and rolls it again.

Sierra: What game are you playing?

Showtime: I'm not playing a game.

Sierra: Snakes and Ladders. I can see them on the board.

Showtime: Again, I'm not playing a game. I'm doing some research.

Sierra: I see that you are using a Dungeons & Dragons die.

Showtime: Correct. You sure know a lot about playing games.

Sierra: I sure do. I was the champion of family game night growing up. Something else I know a lot about, conducting wrestling interviews. Why don't we start one up since you're not busy.

Showtime groans as Becky opens up her binder and pulls out a pen. She scribbles down a couple quick notes then looks up at Showtime.

Sierra: I take it that this "research" has something to do with your opponent this week, Theron Daggershield..

Showtime: Can't get much past you Becky. Care to play as well?

Sierra: I thought we weren't playing a game.

Showtime: I'm not, but I know you'll view it as that. Roll a few times to catch up.

Becky picks up the die and rolls a very low number, 2, but lands on a ladder and jumps up the board. A couple more rolls and she has already passed Showtime.

Sierra: Woo hoo! This game is so easy with a big die.

Showtime: It sure seems that way, but when playing a game where your next outcome is determined by a roll of the die, you don't have a whole lot on control over what happens.

Showtime rolls a 6 and lands in between two snakes. Becky picks up the die and rolls a 19. She raises her hands up and cheers, but after counting her moves one at a time she finds that she has landed on a big long snake that sends her all the way near the bottom.

Showtime: You think you did well and rolled a great number, but in the end it can blow up right in your face.

Sierra: Are you saying that Theron relies too much on chance?

Showtime continues up the board and Becky rolls a 14 and lands on another ladder, putting herself right behind Showtime.

Showtime: Daggershield doesn’t rely on chance, he lives in a world full of it. Daggershield’s life has been consumed by one game, to the point where he actually believes at times to be inside it. When you live in fantasy you feel like that you can control the outcome of what lies ahead, until reality comes crashing down to wake you up. Daggershield believes that his future is dependent on whatever number this little die shows.

Showtime rolls the die one last time and gets 9, hoping over Becky and landing on 100.

Showtime: This is a game right here, this is the only thing that this die can determine the outcome of. Inside the ring is a much different story. Inside the ring is reality. Bone crashing, head pounding, boot stomping reality. No die is going to predict how our match will end. When two people meet inside the ring, it is a test of will, strength, and cunning. I am among the elite in all three. Daggershield can roll as many high numbers as he’d like, it still won’t guarantee him victory just like it didn’t for you Becky. Daggershield is a dreamer, who thinks he’s a believer. He has no place inside a WZCW ring. Back when I won the Lethal Lottery, Daggershield wouldn’t have lasted three months. He’s a walking joke who picked the right time to join WZCW when their talent is so low.

Sierra: Sounds like you hold quite the grudge against Theron, over what though? A silly interest? A make believe fantasy he lives in? Showtime you're an actor, you play make believe.

Showtime: You're right. I am actor, but I only play make believe from time to time, I don't actually live in make believe. Wrestlers like Daggershield, S.H.I.T., or Saboteur, who play dress up all the time, have no place inside a WZCW ring. People like them have no place in WZCW taking opportunities from guys who are way better inside the ring. This is wrestling, not a damn circus. The opportunities S.H.I.T. and Saboteur received should've gone to someone like Constantine. The opportunities Theron Daggershield has received should have gone to Winters.

Sierra: Speaking of your band of merry men, I'm surprised to not see you being flanked by either of them.

Showtime: They don’t work for me Becky. This isn’t some group of wrestlers that I’m going to use to push myself back to the top. I’m not Ty Burna, and we aren’t any apostles. For starters, we’re are equals in our partnership. We three share a similar goal for our careers and for WZCW, and we intend to make those goals a reality. Right now though I need to focus on myself for a minute. Since my return I have not been at my best. That must change as long as I continue to align myself with Winters and Constantine. Those two are the future of this company, and I’m here to make sure they get there, and the best way to do that is to lead by example, this week against Daggershield.

Sierra: And then against Titus.

Showtime: Titus got the better of me at Unscripted, I admit it. No one has thought about that night more than me. I won’t make that mistake again. When I step into the ring with Titus again his career will hang in my hands and I will end it.

Sierra: Was what happened on Ascension a warning?

Showtime: Our goals do not involve my petty feud with Titus. He is, however, part the problem, along side Ricky Runn, that we wish to end. As we speak, we are already talking about the plan ahead. We’re tired of the oddities and the pretty slackers getting all the pushes. It’s time that the more skilled and superior wrestlers get their breaks. What you saw on Ascension was just a taste of what’s to come. When we three meet again inside the ring this week on Meltdown rest assured our words will be heard and our message understood, but our actions will speak much louder.

Showtime looks out the window. The trains bends round and round near huge cliffs. The mountains and valleys and lush green and be seen right through the window.

Sierra: It all looks so nice. I can’t wait till we get to our destination.

Showtime: You mean you don’t know where we’re going?

Sierra: No, I know where, it’s.....

Becky pauses. Unsure what the answer is.

Showtime: You don’t recall where you were going when you got on the train?

Becky thinks long and hard about it.

Sierra: I.... don’t remember getting on.

Showtime: Sounds like inception.

Sierra: Am I dreaming?

A pair of eyes open up. Becky blinks a few times and looks around. She is sitting by herself inside a train. She looks out the window and sees bare fields instead of lush mountains. She looks down at her lap and sees travel magazine with pictures of waterfalls and valleys and an ad for the movie Inception on HBO this month. She closes the magazine on her lap and chuckles to herself. The door at the back of the train car opens and a tall man steps through. Becky turns to look at him and sees that he is John Constantine. Becky is speechless as Constantine walks up to her. He sees her as he passes by and nods his head and then walks on. Near the end of the car, Constantine taps on the door of a private room. The door opens and over Constantine’s should she is can see Winters standing as another voice talks as Constantine closes the door.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back