AS 29: Brothers In Arms vs. DK Wilton (Handicap Match)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ty Burna

Getting Noticed By Management
DK Wilton returns after a short reprieve, however he faces a mountain of a challenge in his return match, with a spot in the Mayhem Battle Royale on the line as he takes on the WZCW World Tag Team Champions in a handicap match. One could assume that the tag champs are in a bad mood after their stunning loss to the rookie team of James King and Dr. Alhazerd and will be certainly looking to take out their anger on Wilton. Will Wilton shock the masses and defeat the powerful Wasabi Toyota and Scott Hammond? Or will the WZCW World Tag Team Champions steam roll past Wilton on their way to Kingdom Come?

Deadline is Tuesday, March 15th at 11:59 PM EST.

The scene fades into a small television studio. As studio heads and runners scramble around, a news desk is lit brightly in the centre, and Scott Hammond and Wasabi Toyota are seen sitting behind the desk. They are both suited, with what appears to be stuck on moustaches and sideburns. They appear to be engaging in witty banter as a studio executive alerts them to his presence

Guys we are on in two minutes.

Fantastic. You ready for this?

Yeah, I guess.

All you have to do is stick to the script.

But why do I need to apologise?

I'm not asking you to apologise for the match, I just want you to say sorry for your comments on Ascension.

Guys, one minute.

There is an awkward silence between the tag team champions. The studio executive counts the Brothers In Arms down from ten, and as he reaches zero, more lights go up and a typical news theme hits the air

My name, as you all know by now is Scott Hammond, and my partner sitting next to me is Wasabi Toyota. We are the WZCW World Tag Team Champions, and we wear these belts proudly. Last week on Meltdown, before our scheduled match against Dr Alhazerd and James King, my partner got a little ahead of himself and decided that our match was already a foregone conclusion. I will hand over to my partner now, one half of the tag team champions, Mr Wasabi Toyota.

Ladies and gentlemen...my comments last week before our match, were cocky, and out of line, and it so came to pass that karma had its way and, well, Scotty tapped to James King's Amnesia Strikes.

Hey whoa, don't make this about me, you tempted fate. I was an innocent victim

Hammond composes himself a moment, before realising that the camera is still on air

My apologies. What will now become of the tag team champs after such a shocking defeat to such new competition I hear you all ask? Not a whole lot really. We have taken last week on Meltdown as a shock to the system, and we are now ready to move forward as champions to ensure that it never happens again.

That's right Scotty, and thus, this brings us to this coming week on Meltdown. The Brothers In Arms face the almighty challenge of taking on DK Wilton in a handicap match.

We have learnt the lessons of previous issues, and will be preparing for DK Wilton the same way we prepare for all our opponents. Wilton has had a couple of weeks on the shelf because of some dispute with management, but he does have incentive going into this match. A shot in the Mayhem Battle Royal is up for grabs if he can somehow win the match. But we are the Brothers In Arms, and we take great pride in being the very best. DK Wilton, our message to you is simple. There will be no reprieve for you on your return. We are not going to take it easy on you because your by yourself, we have the biggest point to prove this week, and unfortunately, you just happened to be the first guy in the line of fire. Prepare to become just another member of the walking wounded.

And we are out! Good work guys.

The Brothers In Arms smile at each other and congratulate on a job well done as the scene fades out

The scene fades back into the BIA dressing room, still wearing the fake moustaches and sideburns, they are sitting comfortably playing Mario Kart on a Wii console

You know, I don't think you could have beaten Alhazerd at Mario, you're terrible at this.

Hey, I'm just rusty.

You remember that chick out in the studio, Roxy?

What, the one who had rather large...

Eyes, yes. She was giving me the eye and I think I should move in.

Hammond shuffles over to his dresser and pulls out an aftershave bottle in the shape of the head of a black panther

Is that what I think it is?

Yup, Sex Panther for men. 60% of the time, it works every time.

I think I've heard of that before.

But of course you have, I have used this particular aftershave before. Its made from parts of real panther. Stings the nostrils wouldn't you say?

I could swear this is plagiarism, seriously.

I don't know what your talking about.

Now who has taken his eye off this weeks match, hey? See how easy it is to assume we will beat Wilton?

Listen Wasabi, we are not going to make that mistake again. Its just like you have always taught me. Never take an opponent with a pinch of salt. Always take them as a legitimate threat. This week on Meltdown, DK Wilton stands in the way of the Brothers In Arms getting back to winning ways on the lead up to the damn Crashin Movement, and one thing I can promise you, is that I am as focussed as I have ever been on walking into Meltdown, and proving a point at the expense of DK Wilton. Now come on, lets go get taco's, they're on me tonight.

Wasabi Toyota stands up with a giddy smile on his face as he follows Hammond out of the dressing room as the scene fades to black

"I believe I can fly.
I believe I can touch the sky.
I think about it every night and day.
Spread my wings and fly away..."​

Rain scattered down on the cold forsaken street. It was clear that camera's at the time had been close to the same alleyway which DK Wilton lingered around last week during his suspension. The camera shot panned around slowly which revealed the vain yet rugged location. Pawn Shops surrounded by abandoned buildings were all that was in sight, giving off a hopeless and grungy feeling to the entire segment. A sudden switch of camera angles occurred, DK Wilton had now been in sight. He stood against the same brick wall, only this time his attire changed. Instead of the muscle shirt and tattered jeans he wore a long black trench coat and a black and white baseball cap. Whispers which sounded like various souls pleading for help were heard making out indescribable statements. Tension grew as sheer violins came to a crashing halt over time as they had been intertwined with the whispers. A moment of silence took place. A voice over of DK Wilton came into play as he visibly began to walk around the barren streets with a determined look on his face.

"Everything I achieved had been almost completely destroyed. Sure my legacy remains, but the thing that everyone works for had been lost. A misplaced gamble? No. A debt? No."

The screen showed DK turn a corner and walk up to a bright lit building. The camera rose to show the buildings sign, it was an old music shop which had been still in business. Only a white guitar was on display. It had a classic beige bridge and remained in mint condition. A sign of purity perhaps?

"My stupidity got the best of me. I've been so corrupted by my surroundings. The expensive dishes, clothes, cars and women they all weren't my style yet I still pursued them. In the end all it left was a broken man, a man who could not see himself for who he actually was, rather than a tyrant who he posed to be."

The rain continued to pour down on Wilton as the segment continued on. The lit up display flickered on and off, only to completely shut off. DK continued to speak.

"I came to WZCW to do great things. I came to do things that no man has ever done. I came to mirror my music career. I innovated. I made the world take notice, but in WZCW it was a different story. Men who had been training their whole lives to become champions surrounded me. My ego was demolished by their sheer passion and only then did it occur to me that I had work to do. I began to train harder, and even then I continued to fail. It wasn't my ability which had been stopping me. It was my personality."

DK turned away from the shop and continued to walk down the street. He took out a cigarette from his pocket and tried to light it only to be stopped by the rain which dampened it. He threw it away and shook his head, laughing to himself.

"So time goes on and I still haven't officially won a match. I had some premature hopes of winning the Lethal Lottery, but that didn't work out quite so well. I guess Gordito was right, my own ego really did prevent me from tapping into my full potential. Throughout all of my own arrogance and mistreating karma surely did bite me in the ass, but it was needed. A refreshed outlook on life is what I needed. Not only do I now have full control of myself, but now I have got something to fight for. I've got to fight for survival."

The scene faded to black, only for the screen to be lit up by a white screen. The shot opened up and DK Wilton stood in front of the camera which had been set up in a music studio. Leon Kensworth stood beside him, once again wearing his usual suit and tie combination which contradicted DK's Shirt and jeans.

LK: Leon Kensworth here with "WZCW's Resident Rockstar" DK Wilton. Now DK fresh off a suspension what is going through your head?

Wilton smiled and nodded his head in a moment of humbleness. He began to speak with sincere words.

DK: Rockstar? Sadly just a shadow of one these days, but I've got to say that it's good to be back. Personal problems plagued me and I had to do some underhanded tactics but they only put me in a worse position, but I've got to say it feels great to finally be back. You know the time off was needed. I took some time to gain a new perspective, a new outlook on life. Now I'm not saying it's been the most graceful change, or that it's the most pleasant, but certainly a change.

LK: Thats great to hear DK. Now the question that's been on everybody's mind is how do you expect to make it to Kingdom Come when the World Tag Team Champions, Brothers in Arms stand in your way to making it into the Battle Royale for the Mayhem Title match at the Pay Per View itself?

Wilton smiled and placed an arm around the neck of Leon. He grabbed a hold of the microphone and smirked to the camera, still with his arm around Leon's neck. He started to speak with a very sarcastic accent.

DK: Well Leon, I would like to think of it as a mountain. My own epic journey. I've been struggling nonstop and now I'm ready to take the leap of faith. I'm willing to put it all on the line in order to make it to Kingdom Come, whether or not I have to single handedly defeat the World Tag Team Champions.

He then took his arm off of Leon and motioned him off to the side. DK now looked into the camera and began to straighten himself up a little bit.

DK: In a couple of days I'm going up against Brothers in arms. Now it's no secret that those guys want to win as much as I do. Hell, they are probably sitting there talking about what their going to do me. Hammond, I'm guessing want's the quick pinfall. Wasabi is probably discussing how he wants to dip me in some of that powdered sugar he fixates himself on so very much. Regardless of what type of desert I may become. Regardless of how many weight jokes I poke at Wasabi. Regardless if I point out how uninteresting Scott Hammond is, the fact remains the same. I've got something that I need to fight for, I've got to use my brilliance to my advantage.

DK took a deep breath and stared directly into the camera.

DK: I will become the next Mayhem Champion.

The interview ended after DK spoke his final words. Soon after DK walked over to the entrance of the studio. He came across a slightly older fellow who had spiked up dirty blonde hair and wore a tailored suit. Fade to black.

Darkness. Complete and utter black. Suddenly, a light can be seen. It's source is a small, 19 inch TV. A VHS tape can be heard being inserted into the VCR. The image on the screen is that of the tag match between the Forgotten Powers and Action Saxton & Armando Paradyse at Meltdown 52. As time passes and the pile of candy wrappers next to Wasabi Toyota gets larger and larger the picture on the screen changes. This time it is video of Steven Holmes in competition against Ferbian at Ascension 28.

Hours seem to go buy as the big man watches dozens of matches involving Steven Holmes, Dr. Alhazred, and James King. He even goes way back into the archives to dig out a few Doug Crashin bouts. He scribbles notes furiously between bites of chocolate, potato chips, and lamp chops. Just as Toyota starts dozing off during the classic contest of Doug Crashin versus Ty Burna from Meltdown 33, someone bursts through the door of his room, causing a splash of light to hit him directly in the face.

Huh? Uh, whaa? Who’s there?

It’s me, Sab. What in the hell are you doing up this late?

Oh, hey Rocco. Just doing some match preparation. I can’t handle any more losses.

Uncle Rocco points to the screen and speaks in a scolding manner.

That doesn’t look like a Wilton match to me.

Uhh… yeah. I watched some of his stuff earlier. I’ve moved onto my Kingdom Come opponents now. It’s going great, I think I noticed Holmes tipping some of his moves. I definintely can catch him off guard in a key situation to pick up an easy victory. I just got to focus and keep studying.

Listen to yourself Wasabi, what is wrong with you?

Nothing, I just gotta hold onto this belt. That’s what’s important.

I can’t believe you, Sab. Remember the old days? It wasn’t about winning or losing. It was about sending a message. It was about the greater good. That was why you wrestled in the first place.

Toyota leans back in his recliner and replies meekly.

The greater good still matters.

No it doesn’t! Sure, you still mention it here and there, but it’s not your main focus. You’ve become just like the rest of them, obsessed with the fame and glory and winning gold. You could care less about what you’re actually fighting for, you’re just wrestling for sport. Just like the rest of those jokers in the ‘Z.

What the hell is with watching tape to prepare anyway? The old Toyota never did that. He went out and danced in a leotard or staked out a suburban household with a fake detective. That was want set you apart and gave you some humanity. You’re starting to lose it now. Hell, in a few weeks you’ll be just like the wacko that was running around with the Yakuza. You don’t want to revert to that, now do you?

Toyota can only shake his head shyly. He quickly gobbles up some nearby gummy bears to ease some of his stress as Uncle Rocco continues his lecture.

Take this week for example. You have a perfect opportunity to take down the kind of “evil” that you always talk about. DK Wilton is a self-centered, hurtful prick that is an ass to everyone around him. He has no respect for the company that employs him or any other person in general. He’s big into gambling, one of the worst vices that exists in the world. Who knows how many people he’s damaged both physically and emotionally over the years. Yet you don’t give two shits about him.

Apparently your fancy schmancy title belt makes you too cool to care about someone like him. This week you have an opportunity to put another bad man in his place. An opportunity to rid the world on one more morsel of scum. An opportunity for VENGEANCE. But I don’t think that you care one bit. All you’re worried about it your stupid reputation and championships and glory.

Toyota’s head is buried in his hands at this point. He is slightly sobbing in between bites of beef jerky.

You’re a good kid at heart, Sab. You got a great partner in Scotty and you know me and Sal are always here for you. Don’t let yourself slip back into the old ways. You know how dangerous and destructive they are. You don’t what to feel how you did back then. I don’t what you to feel the way you did back then. You gotta pull yourself together before its too late and get your priorities straight.

Now get some rest, bud.

Toyota, unable to speak, gives Uncle Rocco a slight nod as he leaves the room. He sits still for a few moments before turning off the TV. He makes his way over to his desk, where he has a few grams of sugar laying around. After staring at his obsession for a second, he thinks better of it and sits on his bed with his legs crossed and begins to meditate, tears rolling down his cheeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back