Articulate Your Vision for How WWE Should Operate

Ambiguous Turd

Mid-Card Championship Winner
I have noticed a couple posters on the Forum make a few statements feeling that the fans (us) are the ones that have ruined wrestling. Primarily through spoiling ourselves with the news sites. A nice spin on the topic, in an attempt to be controversial, but I am going to have to partially disagree.

Where as Internet fans do spoil themselves, you have to ask why this is happening. Why is it that we are privy to such information as long-term planning? It's because Vince can not keep his writers and others within his company quiet.

Trying to tell wrestling fans not to go to the newsboards is like telling a kid that "you are going to leave the room ... so don't stick your hand in the cookie jar." It just doesn't work. Speaking first-hand, it's very addictive, but Vince can stop it by tightening down on the leaks within his company.

In business, you have to combat a variety of obstacles. Some you have more control of over others. But either way, you have to find a way to deal with those obstacles.

Rather, I can articulate exactly what I find wrong with the WWE. And below, I am going to list what adjustments I would make to the product, in an attempt to attract new fans as well as bring some older fans back to the WWE. And no, it doesn't involve paying people to watch Raw, either (McMahon's Million Dollar Giveaway).

I. OPERATIONS

A. Differentiate the Brands/Programs-

His biggest problem is trying to be everything to everyone and trying to tell adults that they have to enjoy the same thing that a kid would enjoy. Now, some may argue that WWE did just fine with this back in the 80's and 90's before the AE, but that was a different time period.

For me, it was a natural progression. I became a fan during the Hogan Era. I grew up and stayed a fan during the Attitude Era. And then, I saw the product go backwards back to being suitable for children again. That is why it doesn't appeal to me as much anymore.

Case and point, where as I once bought every PPV, and frequently attended shows nearby, as well as attended many shows ... I don't anymore. Something lost my interest in that I don't feel motivated to do so anymore. And it is the programming content.

My goal would be to provide a product that attracts the kids, but also one that attracts adults who are not as interested in watching a PG product. I am not convinced you can do that with a great degree of success with one universal product. If you could do that, one has to ask themselves why every show on television today isn't Rated PG. Is it some ingenious strategy that Vince McMahon has adopted? Or is only he doing it, because it is a flawed strategy that is impractical?

Try telling an adult that they "have to enjoy the Wizard of Oz, because it is meant for families". See how they respond. There are reasons why we have PG Rated programs, PG-13 Rated Programs, and R Rated Programs. Different age groups have different interests. And especially for wrestling fans who experienced a taste of the Attitude Era, many of them have moved on when they were essentially told that they are not as important as attracting the kids, and a new breed of viewers.

In bringing those adults back to the product and attracting new ones, I can keep them happy as potential customers, but still appeal to the kids as well with another show.

Also, there would still be a majority percentage of viewers that would watch both of the main shows. Kids may try to watch Raw, but we would be covered from a PR perspective, unlike last time, when we tell concerned parents that we have a show that is designed for kids ... and that is Smackdown. Before, WWE had only one adult product, and were correctly accused of marketing it to kids. This time, with this method, we would be covered since we could simply inform parents that Raw is not meant for little Johnny. But rather, we would encourage them to watch Smackdown.

Meanwhile, our goal is to get the adults to watch both Raw and Smackdown. Not all adults are going to watch Smackdown, but at least we are able to offer them something that suits their interests, so they will watch Raw.

With that being said, here is what I would do.

1. Raw- Edgy, Shock TV programming that will tackle controversial issues and feature controversial gimmicks. Mostly reflective of what was seen on Raw during the Attitude Era. Contains a much larger focus on complex storylines, with the characters themselves being much more complex, than seen in the past.

Featuring: John Cena, Shawn Michaels, CM Punk, Randy Orton, and Edge

Commentators- Vince McMahon and JBL
Ring Announcer- Lillian Garcia
Backstage Interviewers- Tiffany, JBL
Lead Writers- Vince Russo and Paul Heyman
Target Audience- 18-34 year old males
TV Rating: Y14
Format: Live
Length: 2 hours
Titles: WWE Title, IC Title, WWE Tag Team Titles, WWE Women’s Title

Notes: In an effort to slowly remove Vince from the Creative process while transferring more control over to his family, I would use Vince in this capacity. The fans seeing Vince on a weekly basis on the Broadcast Booth for Raw, will undoubtedly bring some older fans who long for nostalgia back to the show, while still giving fans a top rate Play by Play commentator, who does a phenomenal job in getting over angles, and selling the matches.

After studying numerous tapes of Cena, his reactions were much greater in his rap gimmick, as opposed to his current “Role Model” gimmick. I would have him go back to his roots and become that character again, and still remain the show’s Top Face

Edge needs a complete makeover. I would separate him from Vickie and remove his “Ultimate Opportunitst” cowardly character, as I feel that has ran its course. He needs a gimmick that actually fits his name. TBD

Some may also question the decision to put two opinionated people like Russo and Heyman together, with each of them having the exact same authority as the other. Not only is this particular programming format up their alleys in what they specialize in, however I am convinced that despite there being some bickering between these two, that putting them together will bring out the best in both of them.

2. Smackdown- contains something for everyone. A show that is directly reflective of today’s programming. Suitable for children, but also suitable for adults … especially those with children. More light-hearted than Raw. Geared towards those adults who prefer wrestling over storyline.

Featuring: Triple H, Batista, Chris Jericho, Undertaker, and Big Show:

Commentators- Jim Ross and Jerry Lawler (Heel)
Ring Announcer- Howard Finkel
Backstage Interviewers- Mean Gene Okerlund, Jerry Lawler
Lead Writers- Michael Hayes and Dusty Rhodes
Target Audience- 18-44 year old men (with families)
TV Rating: PG
Format: Live
Length: 2 hours
Titles- World Title, US Title, World Tag Team Title, Divas Title

Notes: I would also look to bring Kurt Angle aboard as a Top Face, once his deal expires in TNA.

3. ECW- a unique concept for a Brand that would feature a combination of both Cruiserweight and Hardcore styles of wrestling … both of which are appropriate to be under the “Extreme Championship Wrestling” banner. This brand is geared towards more hardcore fans of wrestling, as opposed to casual fans … as well as to fans who enjoy more wrestling, with less storyline.

Featuring: Rey Mysterio, Evan Bourne, Tyson Kidd

Commentators- Michael Cole and Matt Striker
Ring Announcer- Tony Chimel
Backstage Interviewer- Todd Grisham
Lead Writers- Brian Gerwitz and Christopher DeJoseph
Target Audience- 18-34 year old males
TV Rating- TV14
Format: Taped Weekly (before Raw)
Duration: 1 hour
Titles: ECW Cruiserweight Title, ECW Hardcore Title

4. Superstars- Program utilized to feature mid to lower level talent from Raw, Smackdown, and ECW … many of which would normally job on those programs. This show will be used to put those stars over so that this talent, when featured on the main 3 shows, will be considered more credible. The program will also be used to hype PPV’s.

Commentators- Michael Cole and Matt Striker
Ring Announcer- Justin Roberts
Backstage Interviewer- Todd Grisham
Lead Writers- Brian Gerwitz and Christopher DeJoseph
Target Audience- 18-44 year old males
TV Rating- PG
Format- Taped Weekly (before Smackdown)
Duration- 1 hour

Note- Brian Gerwitz and Christopher DeJoseph will team up to write both ECW and Superstars weekly, since they are both only one hour programs. This will equate to the same amount of work as the other writers, in the long run.

The Brand Splits would be absolutely, strictly enforced. For all intents and purposes, treat these programs as Brands that are truly separate from one another.

B. Pay Per Views

There will be 12 PPV’s in all, with 6 of the Pay Per Views being brand specific. The exceptions will be Royal Rumble, Wrestlemania, King of the Ring, SummerSlam, Survivor Series, and Starrcade. Each of those shows will be Multi-Branded, but suitable for all audiences.

The 6 Brand Specific PPV’s will be split between Raw and Smackdown. ECW will be featured on both Brand Only PPV’s, however will be divided up. For example, the Raw PPV’s will feature one or two Hardcore matches from ECW talent. Smackdown PPV’s will feature one or two Cruiserweight matches from ECW talent.

Brand only PPV’s will feature almost all wrestling, however on Raw/ECW Hardcore Branded PPV’s, there may be some cursing, vulgarity, implied sexual situations, Bikini Contests, etc. Both of those shows are Rated TV-14, so the Brand only PPV’s are also intended for that particular audience, as well.

The Brand Split PPV's will also reduce the amount of repetitive matches from one month to the next. Feuds will be given more time to properly develop, without slapping together a match for the upcoming PPV in a few weeks time.

Also, where as there will be no PPV in the month of March to allow for the company to hype Mania, and allow people a chance to save their $50 for it, we will provide 2 PPV’s in January, like what used to be done. New Year’s Revolution and Royal Rumble. New Year’s Revolution will take place on the first weekend of the month, where as the Rumble will be featured at the end of the month.

January- New Year’s Revolution- Raw/ECW Hardcore

January- Royal Rumble- Tri-Branded, with the winner getting a shot at the title of their own Brand at Wrestlemania

February- No Way Out- Smackdown/ECW Cruiserweight PPV

April- Wrestlemania- Tri Branded, 4 hour spectacular, WWE’s show of the year

May- Fully Loaded- Raw/ECW Hardcore

June- King of the Ring- Tri-Branded, 1 night tournament featuring all 3 Brands, as well as the First, Semi-Final, and Finals of the tournament- with the winner and King being awarded the privilege to challenge for the heavyweight title of their own Brand at SummerSlam

July- Great American Bash- Smackdown/ECW Cruiserweight

August- SummerSlam- Tri-Branded

September- Vengeance- Raw/ECW Hardcore

October- Halloween Havoc- Smackdown/ECW Cruiserweight

November- Survivor Series- Tri Branded- 4 on 4 Elimination Matches

December- Starrcade: Night of Champions- Dual-Branded with every title from Raw/Smackdown on the line.

C. Greater Emphasis on House Shows

Plan would be for House Shows to reflect the same Brands shown on the PPV’s. Both Raw and ECW Hardcore matches will be shown on one tour. The other tour will feature Smackdown as well as ECW Cruiserweights.

House Shows will also be reduced to two per Brand, per week. Therefore, each Brand will do 1 television, as well as 2 House Shows per week. A fourth day will be provided for a Travel Day. The talent will then be provided 3 days for Rest and Relaxation.

Raw Brand and ECW Hardcore talent would work House Shows on Saturday and Sunday, work Raw/ECW TV on Monday … then go home.

Smackdown Brand would work the Live Smackdown on Friday night, Saturday and Sunday for House Shows, then go home. The ECW Cruiserweights would actually work the Saturday and Sunday Night House Shows ... then the ECW/Raw TV on Monday. They would not work on Friday night, since ECW is not taped on Friday.

The purpose in doing this is to help reduce the dependency for steroids and painkillers. The tradeoff, however, will be a reduction in salaries, since the workers would be gaining an approximate 52 additional days off per year. This obviously is a substantial amount of missed revenue for WWE, however at the same time, will also help to reduce expenses, such as cutting salaries, building rent, and reduce travel expenses for the WWE Production Crew and office workers. With WWE touring less, this will hopefully encourage greater turnout when they do visit each market. To also assist in the offset of revenue, I would strongly contemplate increasing ticket prices by $5 for all other shows.

I would also like to see WWE place more importance on House Shows, to give fans a greater reason to attend. For example, number one contender matches and title changes will be expected to occur occasionally at House Shows. Currently, the WWE patrons know that House Shows are essentially meaningless. No titles ever change hands. Nothing noteworthy happens. That needs to change.

And the way to do that is by having more titles change hands at House Shows (not regularly, but occasionally) … as well as having a TV camera record some action from a House Show to occasionally show on the 4 television programs, if anything noteworthy occurs. With the viewers seeing House Shows mentioned more frequently on television, they will hopefully adopt the perception that they mean something.

Additionally, cards need to be up and advertised on the web site, as soon as tickets go on sale. Instances of only seeing on the website: “See your favorite superstars in action, such as John Cena, Randy Orton, Edge, Jeff Hardy, etc” needs to end. I want to see Fully Designed cards from the moment tickets go on sale, on the website. If changes need to be made, due to an injury or title change, then they should be made as needed.

I also would like to see interview segments on House Shows, as well. That way, they aren’t just giving you match, after match, after match, with no variance.

As far as Production Values, where as I would not bring the Entrance Lights or Pyro to the House Shows (unless they are near Sell-out capacity in Major Markets) to keep costs low, each show should in the very least have some sort of lighted gate at the entranceway, as opposed to simply a black curtain. I rate current production values at House Shows in the United States, as being unacceptable, at this moment, since they put virtually no effort into them.

D. Talent Relations

Johnny Ace needs to go. I would want someone in the position who knows wrestling, has better judgment when bringing in talent … someone who the talent can air their grievances to, but also someone who will look out to protect the interests of the company. Someone who is professional, but firm at the same time. The ideal candidate will be an insider to the business, have experience negotiating contracts with talent, and someone that will act the part of an Executive and Senior Vice President.

My candidate for this position, if he would agree to it, would be Eric Bischoff. And with an Executive position like this and in an attempt to bring him aboard, Bischoff would be promised opportunity to grow in the company, if he wishes to expand or finish his career with WWE.

II. PRODUCTION

A. Differentiate the Look of each Show

Stop using the same set for each show. All the shows look alike, as is. Where as the Production crew enjoys this perk as they don’t have to switch sets in between shows, the product suffers as a result, since every show looks exactly the same.

Raw should have it’s own set. Smackdown should have it’s own set. And both ECW and Superstars should have a smaller set (similar to how the old ECW set was) that can be easily dismantled before the primary show of the particular taping begins (ECW/Raw and Superstars/Smackdown).

Additionally, I also like the idea of Announcer Tables being in different locations for different shows. While both Raw and Smackdown stay at ringside … ECW and Superstars operate at a booth from the entranceway, similar to what Raw did several years ago. Also, the shows should vary their Intros so that occasionally, they would open with the announcers standing at ringside hyping the show, while other times they would already be at the booth.

To further distinguish the shows, I like the idea of WWE going back to hanging the banners above the ring, like they did in the old days, advertising the show.

B. Design More Creative Entrances for Talent

One could actually argue that the New Generation period was actually the most Creative for entrances, as this is the time when individualized entrances actually began. The problem I have is that there is too many generic entrances, with just a set of white lights going off, for many talent. For example, John Cena, Batista, Shawn Michaels, Edge, Melina, etc. Put some more color into the entrances. Also, add some extra features such as more pyro at the ring (instead of just the entrance), smoke coming from underneath the ring (like they used to do with Kevin Thorn), lighting effects on the mat itself, elements coming down from the ceiling like they used to do with Goldust, etc.

The ante should be upped in this regard.

C. Wide Selection of Professional Quality Audio for Entrances

Along with Better entrances, a better and wider selection of professional audio should be used from a different group of producers. Something that is of the quality of a piece you could actually hear either on the radio or in an actual movie.

For example, for a Horror/Monster type character, how about something along the lines of what Horror Master/Composer John Carpenter, designed?

Imagine the arena goes completely dark, then a single red spotlight shines on a new Monster Character with a Horror Theme (similar to Kane), that takes his time walking to the ring. Once he makes his way inside the ring, the entire ring turns red, accompanied by a white strobe light going off in intervals … all while he comes out to an audio piece like this, that resembles something you may actually hear in a horror film:

Or how about a mysterious, seductress-type Diva having a theme like this to come out to:

What I’m specifically looking for is a wide selection of themes with different genres attached, such as Rock, Alternative, 80’s Pop, Dance/Rave/Techno, Sci-Fi type themes, etc. I want themes that absolutely draw you in and mesmerize you. Pieces that truly create an aura/presence and set the mood for the particular superstar it is meant for.

D. Utilize Vignettes

My expectation should be that virtually all debuting talent should be featured in vignettes leading up to their debut. These vignettes should be used to help give the character personality, and give them background into their character. Who they are, where they came from, what is their motivation, etc.

E. Go Out on Location

Instead of operating from the arena on 99.9% of shows, let’s see some talent go out on location more to sell angles. Similar to Triple H vs Orton, or the Rock throwing Steve Austin’s title over a bridge, or Vince McMahon looking for Steve Austin in Texas, the Million Dollar Man traveling to Cobb Country, GA to talk with the Big Boss Man’s teacher, football coach, etc. I’d like to see more angles done away from the arena.

III. CREATIVE

A. Eliminate the General Managers

I think this concept has ran its course and it is time to revert back to the concept of a WWE President, who oversees all the shows. This person would be a Tweener character, who would essentially serve as the Face of the WWE Office, similar to the role Jack Tunney played in the 80’s and 90’s. This character would make occasional and random appearances on all the shows (except Superstars), to make matches, participate in angles, etc.

My pick for the person to serve in this role as the face of the WWE Office would be Shane McMahon. Shane, as mentioned, would serve as a Tweener, and thus be greatly toned down from his current character. He would be much more corporate-like in appearance, no dancing around, etc.

B. Start Investing in the Mid-Card AND Tag Teams

How do you expect to grow your talent, and move talent worthy of Main Event status to the top of the card, if you tell your audience that “Only the Main Event” matters? WWE did an excellent job of this back in the 80’s and early 90’s, yet has severely dropped the ball on this since the start of the Attitude Era on to today.

The Intercontinental and US Titles should be primarily geared towards Junior Heavyweights who have the potential to move into Main Event status.

Tag Teams are a great way to start off some new talent, and groom those with potential to move into singles status. As ECW will not feature Tag Teams, both Raw and Smackdown should have a minimum of 4 teams a piece … 2 Face Teams and 2 Heel Teams.

C. Create More Complex Characters

As this will be more geared towards Raw, since Raw will be the show that is the most-storyline driven, the business as a whole needs more complex characters.

We are talking about characters with unique personality traits and motivations. Characters with some shades of grey in them, as well.

I also see nothing wrong with some gimmicks returning to wrestling, either. I’m not talking about lame gimmicks like a wrestling plumber or calling people “The Mountie, The Warlord, The Barbarian, The Goon”, etc. But I see no problem with gimmicks similar to The Big Boss Man (corrupt Law Enforcer for hire), or a Gothic Vampire, or a Pimp like the Godfather, Religious Zealots, etc. making their return to the business. I think the business in this regard needs to be spiced up, instead of just relying on calling talent by their real names, and trying to get them over just by being themselves.

I would like to see Creative to become inspired by real characters they see on TV or in the movies, and try to find ways to incorporate certain character traits into wrestling characters.

D. Bring Back the Ringside Managers

You go from the likes of having Bobby Heenan, Jimmy Hart, Paul E. Dangerously, Sensational Sherri, Slick, Jim Cornette, Paul Bearer, and Mr. Fuji …. to having Hornswoggle, Tony Atlas, and Ranjin Singh.

My instincts tell me that this is nothing more than a case of cost-cutting from Vince over the years. However, the way to fix that problem is again, do what was done in the old days … and put a majority of the managers on per appearance deals. Send one or two of them on the road if Vince can’t afford to send them all … and book the majority of them for TV only.

Managers added an element of drama to the matches that is missing in today’s wrestling. And in doing so, there were so many more possibilities to the match finishes than there are today.

Furthermore, there was nothing like seeing a Heel manager, when they would interfere throughout the match, only to see them get theirs at the end of the match.

Managers should not be viewed as going to only Heels that “needed them” because they couldn’t talk. This was another bad philosophy that was adopted over the years. Rather, they should go to workers if they work well together and make sense. For example, Rick Rude never needed Bobby Heenan, but they were an awesome pair together. Same with Jimmy Hart and the Honky Tonk Man. Honky didn’t need a manager, but him and Jimmy Hart together, were magic.

I feel that 50% of Heels should have managers, which would only help draw viewers into the matches. Each Brand should have a minimum of 3 managers.

Potential candidates for Managers:

Raw- Ric Flair, Theodore Long, James Mitchell, Sunny (if she can stay clean and thin)
Smackdown- Paul Heyman, Stephanie McMahon, Jimmy Hart, Vickie Guerrero
ECW- Bill Alfonso, The Jackyl (Don Callis)

E. Vary Match Finishes

There is nothing wrong with having a countout and disqualification once in a while. They are legitimate match finishes that aren’t used as often as they should be, in this day and age. Not only that, but it can help to protect certain talent from being pinned to help give a small rub to another talent instead.

F. More Squash Matches on TV

Something I have to compliment WWE on, as they seem to have also picked up on the problem that there are too many repetitive matches occurring. I see no issue with Raw or Smackdown featuring one or two squash matches per show. As long as they are kept short and fast-paced. Although I would prefer the audience have an idea who the jobbers are, instead of no name talent like in the old days, which were used on Superstars and Challenge. WWE seems to be doing it right today, with Brian Kendrick, Dolph Ziggler, etc.

G. More Long Term Planning Required

Instead of Vince planning Wrestlemania around January, it should be planned around November of the prior year. That way, you have enough time to properly book your talent accordingly, give pushes to who needs pushes (ie: Big Show for this Wrestlemania ... who did not get a proper push going into this match), and keep talent separated who will be facing each other at Mania.

As a rule of thumb, I would love to see WWE have storylines and key PPV matches planned for 6 months in advance.

H. More Audience Participation

Making the audience part of the show. Something the WWE did a masterful job of during the Attitude Era, which has all but disappeared today. Getting the crowd to chime in at the right moment for catch phrases encourages the audience to care more about the talent, then simply being spoon fed promos week after week, after week. It gives the viewers something to look forward to when attending shows.

I'll go more detailed later on, but I definitely agree with the stage designs, added importantance to house shows, audience participation, but most importantly managers and LONG-TERM PLANNING. Hit the nail on the head exactly on the head with that. I hate how short-sighted storylines are how quickly they disappear immediately afterwards.

I would have to say this would work to bring back a lot of the lost fans to the WWE some fans maybe going to check out TNA which isn't a terrible thing if they get the writing together and put out some more ground breaking matches out there like the X Division type matches. I had to read the whole overall ideas and I may have disagreed with some points over all I see something like this making wwe a stronger brand over all I would love to watch Smackdown but Direct TV doesn't offer Smackdown here. I do watch RAW and ECW as well as Ring of Honor on HDnet but don't choose to watch TNA just a choice and I am looking forward to checking out Superstars on WGN as long as they don't over saturate it with a lot of new talent and still ignore some of the other stars who aren't being used.

Some of it I like, most of it I don't to be honest. I'll cherry pick a few points I have issues with:

Russo and Heyman as Head Writers: Oh no, oh no no no. Russo has not done anything even remotely resembling decent booking since he left WWE about a decade ago. Heyman has not really demonstrated any huge ability to do "big time booking". Putting these two together... I just can't see any good coming out of it.

Smackdown being Live: I do not believe that this is a cost effective move, but am willing to admit that I could be wrong.

Splitting Up PPVs: I think that splitting up ECW matches between the PPVs could wind up quite confusing. Also, it allows for less exposure to the "main" brands on each card.

Eric Bischoff as Head of Talent Relations: Honestly, he is about the last person I would ever want to put in this position. His entire run in WCW his attitude was to throw money at problems to fix them. That just won't fly in WWE. Look at the people he let go (HHH, Austin, Foley...), and then look at the people he helped establish as stars. Outside of Goldberg, who did Bisch really help make?

I do admit that you have some great ideas there (getting rid of General Managers for one, as well as containing cruiserweights to a single show), but I think that your ideas are a little too much, too fast. It would radically change the product and it's perception, which is not always a good thing.

I think from an in ring standpoint, WWE has lost the professional wrestling purist fan base. Length of matches are shorter than they ever were, especially now that every wrestler has an entrance with pyro and lights and sometimes the entrance + commercial break is longer than the match itself and it takes me completely out of the show. That and most of the matches to this day are still squashes. The crowd doesn't get into them and they come across on TV as extremely tame. Give each match 3 more minutes, tone down the special effect stuff and give me a match worth 5-10 minutes of my time...please.

Variety. Too many times have I turned on USA or MyNetworkTV and seen Kane vs Batista 5 weeks in a row or The Colons vs M&M. It's repetitive. Sure, sometimes the matches are good but you can only watch the same guys go at it so many times before you say okay, give me something else. With the amount of guys they have on the roster, spread it out a little bit. Give me a match I haven't seen yet already. 'Cause if I'm tired of seeing it on TV, I'm sure not going to pay for it on ppv.

Characters. Too many guys look the same. Everyone has the chisled body and the short hair now. It's a cookie cutter image. Nobody looks like that in real life. And if they do, they probably aren't paying attention to wrestling unless they are in that minority that want to be a wrestler themselves. Other than that, nobody can identify with any wrestlers anymore because they're all the same....and they don't connect with the fans.

Music. Everyone's entrance music sounds the same. Back in my day, they either had a very distinctive song or they had nothing at all. Or they were in WCW and had generic TBS stock music that were lame covers of pop songs. Give a guy a brutal death metal song. Give a guy a Snoop Dogg song. Something!!! Stop with the generic rap and generic radio rock stuff. Wrestlers are supposed to be tough...give them tough songs.

Production. Scale back. Not everyone needs a 3 minute entrance of lighting and special effects and pyro. Sometimes a guy has more of an impact with a simple entrance. STONE COLD!!! He never had a god damn thing except for a few special occassions he had the glass pane that broke...and that was always awesome when that happened. If you want to give a wrestler a sweet entrance, do something simple. Too many guys drive to the ring now. Too many guys have pyro. Its not special anymore. It's expected...and wrestling fans don't like to see what they expect.

Which leads to...

BOOKING!!! I know, it's cliche to rip on creative and such. It's no easy task coming up with 5 hours of TV time to fill a week with a plethora of characters and talent to fit into that time. Especially with a bat shit crazy tyrant like McMahon screaming at you and keeping you up all hours of the night just to come up with John Cena over Chavo Guererro with multiple interference. It's not easy...and it can't be fun. I just watched WrestleMania X and when Bret Hart wins, Vince says "Welcome to the next decade in wrestling!" WM10 was in 1994. The last thing he should be talking about is welcoming someone to a decade that is about halfway over. It goes to show you though that most bookers are behind the times. Because they live in the product and not the real world. Then when you take writers who live in the real world trying to tell people that live in the WWE universe how to behave...hilarity ensues.

Also, don't insult competition for doing things you yourself are 10X more guilty of.

Make the writing thought provoking and not headache/sleep inducing. Matches should be given a chance to tell a story with maybe 1 or 2 squashes thrown in every MONTH or 2!!! not every week, 2 or 3 times. Tone down on the special effects. They aren't special anymore, they're just effects now that make the product look cheesy and fake.

for a company that's been around for nearly 70 years now....I think they're doing everything right. You could tell that WCW was in a downward spiral, not because of ratings or fans booing the top guys, but because the top guys themselves made it obvious that they didnt give a crap..then all of a sudden, we see Shane McMahon standing in a WCW ring on Nitro...I dont see ANY sign of that same spiral in WWE today..so its not like you'll see Jerry Jarret pop up on Raw ANYtime soon.

It's really quite simple. Bring back the undisputed championship and get rid of the WWE and WHC belts. That way, more prestige is brought to the US and IC belts and having a title ACTUALLY MEANS SOMETHING! In addition, bring back stables. I'm not talking about ridiculous stables where you just had a bunch of random guys get together who couldn't wrestle, I mean stables similar to evolution and the NWO. I've said it a million times over, they should make the Legacy the new NWO in the sense of having a huge stable that would spread chaos amongst all the brands, filled with legacy superstars. Start from there, and then you can get nit picky about general managers and whatnot...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back