• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Areas in the Gaming World that could use some Improvement.

lenguy

First Immortality..Then the Bitches
Gaming, Ok we love it right? Doesnt matter the genre wether it be FPS, RTS, Racing, Platforming anything.We can all agree that we love our gaming.

But sometimes you play a game and at one point you just say to yourself FUCK! The A.I in this game is crap. Or FUCK, the controls for this character/vehicle blow Or shit, Did this game really deserve a sequel? Or Hm feels a lot like this other game I played.Whatever it may be. What are some of the biggest issues found in games? Some of the stalest features that you think is about time for some tweeking or reinvention? After reading an article about this it got me thinking. I'll list a few to help you get going.

Computer A.I- Are you sometimes not feeling challenged enough? Are some games just a bore to play because the enemy A.I is just predictable and uninspired?

Regenerative Health Systems- You can all curse at Bungie For this one. I find it helpful and useful because I hate looking for health packs. But apperently others will disagree.

Competing Companys Ripping off anothers innovation-Tired of the same control scheme? Same similar gameplay or features found in other games? Wish maybe Rival companys would be more innovative more often and coming up with there own ideas instead of taking anothers hardwork and just tweeking it a bit.

Does every game need a sequel? You see a game you like, play it and just from the ending you can tell theres going to be another game. Then you ask yourself. Is is really necessary?

What about multiplayer? To Much or does it need to be part of the every day gaming experience? Should most if not all games incorporate multiplayer?

These are just a few examples. So what do you think? Whats plaguing the gaming world? Or simply what annoys you the most. What Ideas can you come up with that would help developers make gaming better?

I made a thread about implementing more advanced Artificial Intelligence in the Non-playable characters in pretty much any games, to add a bit to the joy of let's say playing an FPS game, if you know that the NPC is intelligent to the point where instead of shooting from behind cover, it could attack you from behind.

Or a general RTS game where the enemy doesn't just bolster a huge fucking city, and does absolutely nothing (Age of Empire comes to mind in this). Stuff like this is really something that I feel, while it's definitely present, the gaming industry lacks a bit of this. Not that it's critical, but I'm thoroughly convinced the "hardcore" gamers would be very sucked into this technology if introduced.

What's an area in gaming that could use improvement? Honestly.... everything but graphics. The evolution of gaming graphics has been phenominal.... but these are not movies, they are video games! It should be about the gameplay, characters, stories, and background music. All of the above need to be a higher priority than graphics, especially in today's gaming world where the graphics have reached a level nearly on par with real life. Games need to be as fun as they were in "the good old days" because games were truly an escape from reality back then and much more fun to play due to better gameplay and more memorable characters. Not that all games today suck, there are a lot of good ones out there.... but games need to be "fun" and an escape from reality again, I think that's something we can all agree on.

What's an area in gaming that could use improvement? Honestly.... everything but graphics. The evolution of gaming graphics has been phenominal.... but these are not movies, they are video games! It should be about the gameplay, characters, stories, and background music. All of the above need to be a higher priority than graphics, especially in today's gaming world where the graphics have reached a level nearly on par with real life. Games need to be as fun as they were in "the good old days" because games were truly an escape from reality back then and much more fun to play due to better gameplay and more memorable characters. Not that all games today suck, there are a lot of good ones out there.... but games need to be "fun" and an escape from reality again, I think that's something we can all agree on.
Unfortunately this is done to appeal to a broader public. I don't have a single clue if it indeed works, but I do agree that it has helped in dropping the enjoyment of a game. It seems people would rather see a realistic gun fight instead of being in one that is just as hard to survive in as the real thing.

However, back to the subject, I really wish there was an emphasis on hand-held consoles again like before. You always had these huge games coming out for the Gameboy Advance, but nowadays there's more focus on remaking the damned Nintendo DS again and again for people to just keep buying that instead of the games.

Honestly regenerating health has made games easier in my opinion.

While I may curse a game to hell because Ive either ran out of health packs or can't find any it makes you play better so you don't get into that position, regenerating health to quote Yahtzee 'All you have to do is go behind a wall sucking you thumb while your health regenerates'

Also we need less serious, realistic games. Games like COD have got that whole gritty realistic thing going, along with Gears Of War and others like God Of War etc are all serious. I'd like to see some games with a bit of humour thrown in, stuff like Devil May Cry had it and Duke Nukem Forever look as if it is going to have it as well, but they're few and far between.

I also believe there should be less realisticness to games. Most games now have all these ripped guys on them. I want there to be games where you can improve and be something other than a badass looking guy with a big weapon. A lot of them are now boring with the main characters all being too serious. It is like they are trying to make them look better than the ones on other games by making them badasses. A lot of us like that dark, quiet, strong character, but it gets old after all the games have the same type of main character.

Storylines.Im sick and tired of games that have boring storylines.

There shouldn't really be more then 2 sequels(including the first game)max in a gameline unless you can create a orignal storyline like the Final Fantasy series.

A good example of this is the Jak Series.One of the most underrated series ever, the Jak series had three games.
Jak and Daxter:The Precursor Legacy
Jak and Daxter 2:Renegade
Jak 3

each had a unqiue and intresting storyline.It actually made me keep playing it over and over again. Hero Mode which is basically new game plus I actually did instead of playing another game.Sure the series had two spinoffs Jak X which was to fill in between Jak 2 and Jak 3 and Daxter which filled in between Jak 1 and Jak 2.But these games really helped with the storylines and were spinoff games not sequels.

Agreed with the above. I'd really like more enriched and enthralling storylines. In most games you get a storyline with ADD and steroids pumped into it and then it's all over. I'd like more games to have storylines that build up, and take the course of say maybe...2 or 3 games, that way it doesn't seem so rushed.

Character customization is a lost art in shooting games... and almost any video game. I know that video games today all want to create the next mario, or the next master chief, but damn it so do the gamers. Let me create the character that I want... let me decide who the hero is. While Fall Out makes a great stride to doing that, it's only one game.

Just think, what if you could make your own soldier in COD? What if you could pick the styles that your guy did his combat? What if you could pick the James Bond you wanted? What if you could pick the location of your grenade holder for Master Chief?

Maybe it's me, but in today's world of "Here's our hero now make him be so" I want to see a game that lets me start from scratch. I want to be able to make my strides to creating the person that I want... and then if it can work out, I want to see my character be brought in for the next game by simply uploading previous saved data.

Sports games and fighting games aren't hurting in this department, but the rest of the genres can use it.

Id like to have more games like GTA 4 that as around 20 hours of gameplay and theres also a multiplayer mode. If games more focused on the story line more than the online features then Id probably play more. Most games now are 5% storyline and 95% online play case in point Cod I hate cod because all they really focus on is the online play and the storyline they create in a week or two id like it to be a 50/50 split and those game would be best sellers in my mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back