Are there too many wrestlers in the WWE?

simonhirst

Dark Match Winner
Just a simple question of are there too many wrestlers in the WWE. i mean i know there are 3 'brands' but fact is ECW and smackdown and almost forged into one as they share there wrestlers. wen u think bout how many 'main event' wrestlers there are, tehn how many mid card wrestlers, its a wonder that anyone making a debut can fit in. I was on youtube and found a match between Mordecai (who on a personal note think should have been given a better chance n not ave lost to Rey Mysterio and then just disappear) and Scotty 2 Hotty. i believe it was Judgement Day 2005? maybe someone can correct me on that. However, my point is WWE is so full of wrestlers that in the current day, that match would have 'no chance in hell' of making it to a PPV. Thats why i cant see the likes of Mr Kennedy, MVP, Kingston Kofi getting his chance at the top anytime son, because hes so far down the ladder because the ladder is full. Thoughts anyone on whether im talking bullshit or how they could solve the problem, of course, if there is one?

If MVP & Kennedy are far down the ladder then I don't know what D.H. Smiths position is. End of the day it wouldn't be a problem if the PPV's were brand specific. But there not, which results in the same matches for months on end. If the Pay-Per-Views were the Big 4, Raw/ECW & Smackdown/ECW PPVs then it would make the whole process a lot more intresting. The main events wouldn't be the same for months on end. We would get Taker vs. Edge at Backlash and not have to see it again on PPV for another 8 weeks or so.

So yeah the way it is the rosters might be a little big. But only for PPV's. For TV they've probably got the right ammount of wrestlers they need. You can have the same person in the same match on TV each week, it's more acceptable on PPV though.

I think that the ammount of wrestlers the WWE has is pretty much spot on. I mean, I think even the WWE know enough about booking to get that generally correct.

There are certain wrestlers who are just 'up there' at the moment, but I don't think that's affected by how many wrestlers there are. For instance, if they want to push MVP, then they have enough wrestlers to do so. You can't really have too many.

The pay-per-veiws may be oversquashed with the same amtches, but believe it or not, it sells better that way. The more title matches are placed on the card, the more buys. Even though the not so important fued can't end on a ppv.

Finally, there are a good amount of wrestlers for each weeks show, so there is no problem with that really.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back