Are the WWE Blowing their load too early?

Should Evolution vs Shield (6 man tag) happen now, at summerslam, or any other time?

• I want this match NOAW, so it should happen at Extreme Rules!

• It'd be better placed at Summerslam!

• They should space it out until Survivor Series!

• They should keep it going until WM31!

• They shouldn't do the match full stop!

Results are only viewable after voting.

Sheamus' Suntan

A hound of justice
First and foremost, I make this thread while nothing is formally announced; yet it seems fairly...logical. WWE are setting up for a match at Extreme Rules between Evolution (HHH, Orton and Batista) vs The Shield (Ambrose, Reigns and Rollins).

This match comes into affect after Roman Reigns, speared HHH two weeks ago, leading to Evolution re-forming this week.

To me, it would seem as though this should be, in theory, a big money match. A dream match of sorts, for many wrestling fans who have been fans for a while (10+ years) and for anyone who watches the show on a regular basis now. As a result of this, I've got to pose the question;

Are WWE acting too soon?

My feeling is yes. I feel like this should be drawn out a lot more. Truth be told, I feel they should do a series of matches that culminate in a big match at Summerslam. IE;

Extreme Rules, could see Batista vs Reigns, Ambrose vs Orton and Rollins vs HHH. All of them with their respective partners at ring side. This way, surely we could get more of our money's worth and still get some BIG matches out of it. We could see a big tag team match, perhaps in the run up somewhere, Batista and Orton win the titles off the Uso's and set up for a big tag title match with the Shield (Ambrose and Rollins.)

Somewhere along the line, the hyperbole of this match and how good it seems...is getting lost, and I feel like this should be the sort of thing WWE should long term book. Reigns vs HHH at Summerslam? I'd rather see it before hand to help sell a minor PPV while they build for Evolution vs The Shield at Summerslam.

So my question to you people is simple;

Should this match be booked officially for Extreme Rules, Are WWE blowing their load too quickly, or is this perfectly timed?

You might wanna change the title of this thread....

Anyhoo, first ,et me say I think it was BRILLIANT reforming evolution. One of the best stables of all time is going to go against another of the greatest stables of all time. This is going to be a five star matchup.

Which leads me to point two... The E, in their "I want it now" attitude is only going to allow for about 2 weeks of build for the match, which I don't TNA will be enough. Like the OP said, maybe there could have been several singles matches, or some more confrontations. I will say that it is possible WWE won't pull the trigger on this match, I mean Evolution just officially reformed last RAW. But if they do go this the Shield vs Evolution, I think it won't be as great as it could be.

I voted for Extreme Rules, because usually they need something fresh to happen at this PPV and because I don't see this reunited Evolution being a permanent thing. Also, it should be a secondary angle compared to the larger Bryan vs Authority feud. I think they'll use it as a launching point for the breakup of The Shield or Reigns in particular, where the eventual blowoff either Reigns vs Triple H or Reigns vs Ambrose/Rollins will indeed happen at SummerSlam.

I think it is timed just right. When do the Shield ever wrestle in singles matches on PPV? (Keep in mind they actually have a member who has a singles championship). Its fine seeing them in singles on tv but at a PPV is a big deal, almost implying that the Shield might be moving apart. That to me would be jumping the gun. Don't change how the Shield operates. Keep them in 6-man tag. When it is time for them to really break up there will be plenty of time for them to wrestle singles. The other reason I think the timing is right is because I think this new Evolution is stop gap. It will run its course after a couple of PPVs, so why wait to start that by having them wrestle singles?

depends how the story follows after Extreme Rules. I don't mind having the match now, as it really can be seen as just scratching the surface between the two factions. In between, there's so many different combination and stipulation matches between the the two groups that WWE can keep the feud interesting until a rival ending cage match or something like that at Summer Slam.

First and foremost, I make this thread while nothing is formally announced; yet it seems fairly...logical. WWE are setting up for a match at Extreme Rules between Evolution (HHH, Orton and Batista) vs The Shield (Ambrose, Reigns and Rollins).

This match comes into affect after Roman Reigns, speared HHH two weeks ago, leading to Evolution re-forming this week.

To me, it would seem as though this should be, in theory, a big money match. A dream match of sorts, for many wrestling fans who have been fans for a while (10+ years) and for anyone who watches the show on a regular basis now. As a result of this, I've got to pose the question;

Are WWE acting too soon?

My feeling is yes. I feel like this should be drawn out a lot more. Truth be told, I feel they should do a series of matches that culminate in a big match at Summerslam. IE;

Extreme Rules, could see Batista vs Reigns, Ambrose vs Orton and Rollins vs HHH. All of them with their respective partners at ring side. This way, surely we could get more of our money's worth and still get some BIG matches out of it. We could see a big tag team match, perhaps in the run up somewhere, Batista and Orton win the titles off the Uso's and set up for a big tag title match with the Shield (Ambrose and Rollins.)

Somewhere along the line, the hyperbole of this match and how good it seems...is getting lost, and I feel like this should be the sort of thing WWE should long term book. Reigns vs HHH at Summerslam? I'd rather see it before hand to help sell a minor PPV while they build for Evolution vs The Shield at Summerslam.

So my question to you people is simple;

Should this match be booked officially for Extreme Rules, Are WWE blowing their load too quickly, or is this perfectly timed?

Good topic but I have to disagree with you. Based on how WWE has been booking Extreme Rules, you would think it's a big four pay per view, taking Survivor Series' place.

Batista vs. Reigns would be the only pay per view caliber match out of the matches you've suggested since they got history going back to the ending of this year's RR.

Evolution vs. The Shield is perfect for ER 2014. Each PPV should feel like a must watch PPV not that mess we got in 2012 where we had Cena headling PPV's against Show and Big Johnny throughout the summer.

WWE can get creative with this feud. A rematch at Payback, perhaps, hire The Wyatt Family to be the new muscle of The Authority to keep them busy until MITB, where HHH could screw Reigns out of winning MITB.

Summerslam is the perfect stage for Reigns vs. HHH, it's a big stage, not big as WM but a great opportunity for Reigns to shine solo

WWE always blows their load too soon, they're like me.

Wait what.

Anyways, yes I'd prefer if they built this match up more and did it at SummerSlam, but at the same time I understand the need to stack the first PPV after Mania to try and sell it because it's a harder sell (then again, we're in the era of the WWE Network and PPV buys are quickly becoming irrelevant so I dunno anymore). They could've easily done Bryan/HHH in a gimmick match for the belt at Extreme Rules. To be honest, the isse of Dnaiel Bryan mgiht be the biggest problem with doing Shield vs. Evolution right now. Kane isn't exactly that great a challenger for Bryan, so the chances of that match main eventing Extreme Rules seem slim to me. Bryan just won the Title so he should probably headline his first PPV as Champion. That would be like Austin winning the belt at WrestleMania 14 and then defending it against Savio Vega in the midcard at Unforgiven.

Two thoughts:

--Don't Cross the Boss: If someone attacks Randy Orton when he's the Levesque family's corporate champion, Triple H apparently doesn't see any reason to get overly excited or upset about it, allowing matters to take their course before booking anything too big.

But attack Triple H or Stephanie? Bar the door, Katy....the way the character of Trips is set up, he sends out the whole posse to get the offenders this past Monday, then means to end it (conveniently) at the next PPV.

Why? Because he can.

--When it Reigns, it Pours: I'm thinking that while Reigns' singles push has been delayed, the powers-that-be (Triple H) may plan to launch the guy like a Roman candle well before Summerslam, necessitating that this feud end quickly.

You might wanna change the title of this thread....

Indeed :icon_lol:

On topic:

I agree that WWE is reforming and making Evolution fight too soon. I swore it would happen at SummerSlam, but it looks like WWE has other plans for the Shield. We'll see if they are still together by then...

I resent the fact that big matches HAVE to be at major PPV's and half-ass main events are fine at all the minor ones. If the time is right for Shield vs Evolution at ER than do it I say. No point in waiting another 4 months just because that PPV is Summerslam.

Perhaps this is part of the plan to break up The Shield and Ambrose and maybe even Rollins turn on Reigns and become part of Evolution???

I resent the fact that big matches HAVE to be at major PPV's and half-ass main events are fine at all the minor ones. If the time is right for Shield vs Evolution at ER than do it I say. No point in waiting another 4 months just because that PPV is Summerslam.

I agree. If there's a big, marquee match being built that fans wanna see, then let 'em see it. I know that SummerSlam is a big ppv, that's all well and good, but it seems that a lot of fans seem to feel that such marquee matches should only happen at certain shows. The problem with that approach is that WWE would leave a lot of money on the table much too frequently. The other ppvs might not have as much oomph as Royal Rumble, WrestleMania and SummerSlam, but every potentially huge program can't be delayed until those three days out of the year.

Extreme Rules is only the 2nd WWE ppv to be shown on the WWE Network, so the probability of this match happening could be a selling point for new subscribers. If WWE reaches its target of 1 million subscribers in the US alone and is able to sustain that number, that's a cool $10 million per month. That's more than most of the various B ppvs bring in and it's money that goes straight into WWE's pocket rather than a cut of it going to the satellite providers.

I have no problem having this match now......I would have waited and built a big program around Wyatts/Shield though. Having this match now allows more buildup for the one on one between Hunter/Reigns, which is where they are heading.

Who said they were going to do this match at Extreme Rules? It's probably going to happen, but nothing is for certain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back