Are good things on the horizon for Joe Hennig?

Master JM

Yer a Witcher, Geralt
From the main page:
A few weeks ago, The Rock had tweeted a picture with Michael McGillicutty at the gym. The third-generation star had been helping train with The Rock to get him ready for his Royal Rumble match.

The Wrestling Observer Newsletter is reporting Triple H has always been a supporter of McGillicutty and now The Rock has begun to publicly speak in support of him.

Receiving praise from The Rock must be the wrestling equivalent of having Michael Jackson pick some random not-so-well known musician and saying what good music they make. OK, so maybe my comparison sucks but you get the point.

Do you think that being supported by Dwayne Johnson himself will get McGillicutty some attention, a push, and most importantly, a bloody name change?

Personally, I'd be surprised, but not that surprised, if this doesn't turn into anything. If praise from HBK can get Punk pushed, surely praise from an arguably bigger star than HBK can get Perfect Jr. pushed?

Didn't The Rock praise Curt Hawkins for helping him train for his return? Didn't work out so well for him.

I can't think of a single reason why you'd give Joe Henning a push.

Pretty sure when Rock tweeted the photo he said something along the lines of training with Joe Hening. I remember seeing the picture cause I follow him. He also trained some with Curt Hawkins.

Now of those two I would love to see a name change and a push for Joe. HHH and The Rock are two huge names and if they support him I'm sure his push will come sooner rather then later. Look what happened for Shaemus when HHH supported him, and this kids got HHH and The Rock, no doubt he's gonna get pushed far. I see him as a major breakout star in 2013 even though he's been kicking around a few years this year will be different for him.

He has Triple H's support too, so I would say that he has a chance of faring better than Hawkins. On the other hand, some of HHH's personal favourites haven't been turning out that great, take Sin Cara for example.

Not quite sure, but the possibility is there.

A random anecdote by David Lagana isn't enough for me to give HBK all the credit for Punk's eventual push.

On the other hand, Trips did wonders for Sheamus, so I wouldn't rule out anything just yet.

Vince loves his second generation wrestlers, just look at Bo Dallas. The guy reminds me of Brian Kendricks physique wise, far from what they generally look for. So I don't know why Hennig is being held back. Maybe there's more to the story than we know, but I think he's always done a fine job in the ring, has a decent look, and obviously the prestige to be given a decent chance in the midcard ranks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back