AoN Discussion: Steven Holmes vs. Triple X - (World Title #1 Contender Match)

Viola Moonlight

I'm Literally Just Here for WZCW
HolmesTripleX_zps46556db5.png

It all started nearly a year ago when Triple X shocked the WZCW Universe and won the "Elite" Title off of Steven Holmes. Now, Holmes is back for revenge on the man that humiliated him and put the "X' back in the title that he sought so diligently to remove. For the last few weeks, Holmes has had a bounty on X's head, but now he has dropped the bounty in order to score a chance at being the #1 Contender for the WZCW World Heavyweight Title. Triple X has had his fair share of road blocks on his way to All or Nothing, but everyone is watching and waiting to see if he will surpass The Elite One once again to attempt a claim at the biggest prize of them all.​

I think that this match could very much go in the way of Triple X. Granted, Holmes has the bounty on his head, but X has come on in leaps & bounds in the past year & now he's looking for the one thing he needs, the World Title. He knows what he needs to do to get it and I think that he may just do it at AoN. However, could someone take X out pre-match to collect that million dollar bounty?

If Holmes wins it's a pretty big dissapointment. Nothing against Mr. Funk but X is just so full of awesome right now that the possible Showtime vs. Triple X is so exciting. I want X to win this match and if he does it'll inject some new blood into the main event which it's needed for a long time.

I think that this match could very much go in the way of Triple X. Granted, Holmes has the bounty on his head, but X has come on in leaps & bounds in the past year & now he's looking for the one thing he needs, the World Title. He knows what he needs to do to get it and I think that he may just do it at AoN. However, could someone take X out pre-match to collect that million dollar bounty?

The bounty was taken off the head of X on Aftershock.

As for this match, I want X to win and depending on who wins the Ironman match it could be Showtime/X or Constantine/Showtime/X at LL. Regardless new blood needs to rise in the main event section, all my faith is in you BK.

which is a decision I just don't get. He doubled it, then agreed to drop it to fight XXX despite refusing to do just that on MD? Baffling decision really. I also think dealing with the possibility of getting attacked would make for a more interesting match, but C'est la vie.

Look at the reason why it was taken away and then think about the character of Steven Holmes for a second. The devious SoB has a plan.

which is a decision I just don't get. He doubled it, then agreed to drop it to fight XXX despite refusing to do just that on MD? Baffling decision really. I also think dealing with the possibility of getting attacked would make for a more interesting match, but C'est la vie.

It's easy, Big Dave offered the match up to Holmes as a #1 contender's match. He reasoned that if Holmes didn't take the match and drop the bounty, that he would merely be in an LL qualifier and would need to win the LL just to get a World Title opportunity, which would be nearly half a year later if he were to do so. Reasonably you'd rather fight one person to gain a World Title shot then try to last through the Lethal Lottery wouldn't you?

I'm excited for this match. In one corner, you have one of the best heels WZCW has seen. In the other, the upstart face that has been taking the fed by storm since he debuted. As great a match Triple X vs. Show would be, I can't help but be excited about the idea of a Holmes/Showtime feud over the World Title. This match will be great, and even though I am hoping for Holmes to pull it out (sorry BK), there is no bad outcome here.

As for this match, I want X to win and depending on who wins the Ironman match it could be Showtime/X or Constantine/Showtime/X at LL. Regardless new blood needs to rise in the main event section, all my faith is in you BK.

If Holmes wins it's a pretty big dissapointment. Nothing against Mr. Funk but X is just so full of awesome right now that the possible Showtime vs. Triple X is so exciting. I want X to win this match and if he does it'll inject some new blood into the main event which it's needed for a long time.

I'm excited for this match. In one corner, you have one of the best heels WZCW has seen. In the other, the upstart face that has been taking the fed by storm since he debuted. As great a match Triple X vs. Show would be, I can't help but be excited about the idea of a Holmes/Showtime feud over the World Title. This match will be great, and even though I am hoping for Holmes to pull it out (sorry BK), there is no bad outcome here.

Nice to see no one is giving Constantine a hope in Hell. :lmao:

Nice to see no one is giving Constantine a hope in Hell. :lmao:

I honestly forgot about the title match as I wrote this and was about to come back to mention you. If Constantine wins, I would love to see a feud between him and Triple X just as much as I would want to see a Holmes/Showtime feud. Constantine and Holmes are each too good of heels for a feud between them to work.

Basically, in ranking form, how I would hope the results of this and the World Title match would end up:

1a. Holmes vs. Showtime
1b. Constantine vs. Triple X
3. Triple X vs. Showtime
4. Holmes vs. Constantine.

Another really difficult match to call. But what really bugs me is this BS about new blood in the main event. Funkay is almost as fresh as BK in the highest main event level, he's just been around longer.

He's constantly tweaking the character and his monologues are as good as Ty at his best. That tweaking has led to the odd inconsistency but I think this will see the best from both guys. X finds a great balance between character development and promo which tends to be golden. I can't wait to read the RPs here.

I am going to give this my all and I think my RP will be great if I pull it off properly, but quite frankly that might not be enough to stop Triple X. Dude's been on the biggest rocket push in WZCW's recent history, and quite possibly he may not only brush past me, but whoever the World Heavyweight Champion is. However, as Numbers alluded to earlier, would Holmes merely drop his bounty quite so willy nilly without some form of plan up his sleeve? You're just going to have to wait and see.

Another really difficult match to call. But what really bugs me is this BS about new blood in the main event. Funkay is almost as fresh as BK in the highest main event level, he's just been around longer.

That maybe true, but I think that is the fallout from the fact that Holmes is always so heavily featured. I struggle to think of a show since I debuted, and I am talking about all three shows in a round, in which Holmes doesn't have an incredibly long segment under his belt, while guys like Barbosa and Titus, former World Champions that they are, usually get very little beyond the matches that they're in, for a guy that is supposedly fresh to the Main Event, although he has had title matches I believe, there is no doubt in what he's been groomed for.

I am on the XXX bandwagon, one of the very few cases in which I am not one of those alternative *****, you know what though, I cant see him getting beyond the potential juggernaught Holmes can be, which he is now, this match looks even on paper but even before RP's are down I only see one winner. Not that a loss should damage either of these men.

Storyline wise, Triple X should win this match... but I actually think Funkay's gonna pull this one out. I really like both of these characters a lot, so seeing either get the title shot against either Showtime or Constantine will be fun for me.

X has been on a roll lately coming off a count out victory against Drake Callahan, and surviving against Constantine. I think he has a real shot of taking Holmes down. That being said Funkay is arguably one of the most consistent role players in the fed when it comes to quality, so the match is really hard to gauge on paper.

I love both these guys, and I'm glad I don't have to judge the RP's between these two. This was a storyline that had to happen at some point, the seeds were sewn a long time ago for this battle.

This was a featured feud for many reasons. It's X's time to shine, but at the same time it's also Steven Holmes' reign of terror as one of if not the premier heel in the fed. Both men are clearly World Title contenders, and it's deserving that the winner receives a title shot. Holmes isn't going to just simply leave this as a match, he's got an ace up his sleeve, but X is good enough to counter whatever that may be.

From a writer perspective, as Numbers said, Funkay has reached my level when it comes to monologues (I'm still better Funk ;) ) and BK started hot, and has grown exponentially. This will be a close contest, and no matter the result both men are going to stick around the main event scene. My prediction? I don't want to go against either guy, but I think Funkay is going to bring some serious fire with his RP, and it may just be enough to edge out the straight edge star.

I'm still a little shocked that this is gonna be a number 1 contenders match. Hasn't really sunk in that this is one step away from a world title match. But I digress.

I'm really glad that X and Holmes have eventually had some continuation from X's shock win last year. Obviously Holmes had Big Dave to contend with, but Holmes clearly never forgot how he was disrespected by some young upstart, and despite passing it off as no more than a fluke, clearly knows how much of a threat X is. Part of me didn't think Unscripted's little backstage moment and the confrontation at the awards show would lead to anything, but I'm sure glad it has. And as I don't think I've mentioned it, I've LOVED the whole bounty over X's head, and the countless attempts (some of them straight down hilarious) to cash it in. It's made for some great reading and a cool story going into the match.

From a non-kayfabe point of view, I'm stoked to get a chance to RP against Funk one-on-one again. We never had a return match last year, though counting the tag match a few weeks ago we are one win apiece. To me, this all feels like one year in the making. FunKay was awesome back then, but to say he's stepped up his game is like saying that Ty Burna is just a bit evil.

Holmes is ready for the World Title. Despite my own opinion, I clearly can't be too far behind otherwise I wouldn't get the feedback I do, or be in such a position. But Holmes is definitely a level above, and with so much on the line this will be the toughest match I've ever ventured into. Beating Constantine and Callahan by DQ and countout with nothing on the line in what must have been incredibly tight voting is one thing, but against Steven Holmes with the number one contendership on the line? That might just be a step too far for me. And if it is, all it means is I lose to one of the best writers in the fed. Not exactly a lot to complain about.

That said, last time I said that I walked away with a nice shiny belt, leaving one pissed off Englishman behind me. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back