anyone else miss vince on commentary on RAW?

miss vince's play by play?

• yes

• no

• too young to know any better

Results are only viewable after voting.

Hazardous

parental discretion advised
so i was watching the first Hell In A Cell between HBK and Undertaker, and i noticed something that i never really thought about back then. Vince Mcmahon really was great at the announce table! by todays standards he was 100% better then the current "Lead man" on RAW. he had the emotion, the raw (no pun intended) emotion, cheered on the face, and really was what JR would come to be in the years to come.

so i guess this goes out to all my other old time WWF fans, who else really misses Vince at the table every monday night?

Well I don't know how you could really say this because it's been so long since Vince was an announcer. To say you miss Vince as an announcer is kind of like saying you miss Flair being a world champion. Vince was a good announcer but hey he moved onto bigger and better things. The only announcer I miss is J.r.

I never really liked Vince on commentary. Especially insisting on bigging up pointless, lousy gimmicky characters.

"Here comes (insert daft gimmick here)!! Oh My! Ha Har!"

Urgh.

Well I don't know how you could really say this because it's been so long since Vince was an announcer. To say you miss Vince as an announcer is kind of like saying you miss Flair being a world champion. Vince was a good announcer but hey he moved onto bigger and better things. The only announcer I miss is J.r.

In a sense, but you don't get it, obviously. He's referring to missing how good the announcing was back then. Man, that match was color commentated by 3 of the absolute best.

I personally think that people would cater more to his character if he color commentated again, even just to promote storylines or matches. I do agree with the OP that he brought more charisma to the announce team, and with 16mikeytot on missing J.R. If he's gonna be on TV(regularly), no better place for him to be. He would bring some much needed luster to every storyline, and even non-storylined matches.

I never really liked Vince on commentary. Especially insisting on bigging up pointless, lousy gimmicky characters.

"Here comes (insert daft gimmick here)!! Oh My! Ha Har!"

Urgh.

Damn dude, as much as I agree with you.. Seriously? Dude he's the head of the company, and as annoying as his commentating on lousy gimmicks was, is still better than near every announcer. And also, think about it man, every announcers job, WWE or otherwise is to get people and storylines over. Big part of the business.

oh for sure Vince McMahon was awesome as a Play-by-Play man. he paved the way for JR and they had a very similar style as well. listening to Vince and King go back and forth was pretty good.

Vince was a good announcer!!! end off...

I don't really miss him on commentary, I mean do I miss the brain? or Monsoon? no, they had their time, but I would prefer those guys than Michael Cole anyday...

VKM was good on commentary, but it was before his Mr. McMahon days So he won't really be returing will he?? those days are gone!!

I always liked Vince on commentary. Sure he got a little overexcited at times, but I'd prefer to listen to someone who's enthusiastic and clearly trying to get the product over than the likes of King and Cole today, who obviously don't give a shit anymore.

I can honestly say I'd mark out like fuck if RAW came on and Vince was sitting at the announce table with the glasses and old WWF jacket like the old days, with no explanation whatsoever.

1...2... DID HE GET HIM DID HE GET HIM HE GOT HI- NOOOOOO HE KICKED OUT

My favorite thing about Vince's commentary was whenever somebody would pin his opponent he would build it up like it was the most important thing in the world and then when he kicked out he would silently continue his commentary.

THIS COULD BE IT!!! 1...2 AND HE....no.

We did get a glimpse of how it would be if Vince got back on the announcing team when Jesse Ventura was guest host of RAW. It was a nice thing to get nostalgic and both him and Ventura hadn't lost a step in terms of announcing.

I always liked Vince on commentary. Sure he got a little overexcited at times, but I'd prefer to listen to someone who's enthusiastic and clearly trying to get the product over than the likes of King and Cole today, who obviously don't give a shit anymore.

I can honestly say I'd mark out like fuck if RAW came on and Vince was sitting at the announce table with the glasses and old WWF jacket like the old days, with no explanation whatsoever.

1...2... DID HE GET HIM DID HE GET HIM HE GOT HI- NOOOOOO HE KICKED OUT

that is EXACTLY my point. Vince had that style to him, alot like JR did in the years to come, Vince really got into it, the emotion he put not only into the play by play, but he did all the in ring interviews (which lead to the Austin/Mcmahon feud starting)

yea vince was a good announcer... I miss jr too.... however cole and todays version of the king suck..... I miss having a heel announcer and cole just doesn't cut it for me lol the guy couldn't beat his way out of a wet paper sack

I didnt really like Vince on commentary, I found him really cheesy and annoying. I hated how his voice would change so many times in a single sentence, and the fake over-excitement he showed.

But, if he came back to commentary now, Vince would probably still play the Mr McMahon character, as his old commentary persona would be so far out of date.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back