Anyone else gonna get a second wind?

chicagokmc

Getting Noticed By Management
When the Runnells/Authority program ended with Golddust being on the active roster, I was initially skeptical. It was around the same time they had the New Age Outlaws coming back and I just thought the trip down memory lane was ill-fated to fail. However, I've been pleasantly surprised at how much Golddust has worked out. Not only has he helped keep the tag team division moving, he's stayed healthy, helped revitalize his brother Cody Rhodes and lasted long enough to get a logical heel turn.

Is there anyone else you could think of that could come back to the WWE now and make a similar positive impact?

No not at the moment but what would be better is if we got a brother vs brother feud with Goldust and Cody Rhodes especially now that Rhodes is now Stardust, it would be a passing of the torch if and when you really think about it

There are a few who could get it, but the thing with Goldust in particular is that when you look at it, despite being fired a few times he has only missed about 3 years total off the roster in about 20... the poor TNA and WCW stints were not long at all and WWE always seems to hire him back relatively quickly... It's not so much a second wind in his case, they always saw his upside it's just perhaps that he himself has had more focus. Davey Boy was the same, they would always bring him back relatively quickly whenever he left.

There has also been a good number of guys in this role over the years, Dust stands out as he seems to have improved when the reality is he was always that good, just he was too wasted and indisciplined in the past to show it. Tatanka had this role 10 years ago, Duggan 6... The Outlaws last year guys do come back.

If we're talking "Billy Martin's" and guys getting another shot here are the ones I think would do best:-

Drew McIntryre - Yes he's only just gone, but his ICW return promo was the best of the year so far. In 15 minutes he showed Vince everything he could do that he wasn't allowed to do for 4 years. Yes he hit his wife in self defence on Mania night, but that was a long time ago now. I don't see it being this year but I think come Spring next year Drew will be back and back to his "Chosen One" levels of push.

Matt Hardy - While the Hardyz are making a run together at the moment in TNA it's Matt who is clearly having a renaissance period. He's fitter, focused, sober and seemingly in a good place. I can see him consolidating in TNA but can also see Vince making a play for him as there are some obvious feuds for him, and they can always bring Jeff back later for one last HOF run. Bo-Lieving vs Mattitude.214k would be fun, Matt could make a fun opponent for a title wearing Seth Rollins or Dean Ambrose, big enough a name to be a credible challenge but also help them have some great matches, and if he loses it's a name they can add "to their list" that will help them. A Year from now you can bring Jeff back and they team for a bit before going into the HOF at WM32...

Harry Smith/Davey Boy Smith Jr. - There is talk now of the NXT group coming up which kinda negates this, but as many will know I think that now Harry is older and settled into using his father's name/gimmick and a little more seasoned, he and Neville or perhaps Barrett at the outside would make fantastic "British Bulldogs" for this generation but failing that have him solo as that gimmick but a heel.

Worlds Greatest Tag Team - I can see this as part of an Angle/Rusev story - it's no coincidence that Charlie Haas is un-retiring. I can see Haas returning first under Angle's music etc as a tease, perhaps even doing his old "imitation gimmick" just when Rusev is about to "crush" Shelton appears behind... Rusev of course beats them but it sets the entree for Kurt to return. Shelton could then be a useful member of the roster or NXT as a veteran in the Kidd role.

If you're talking veterans just returning to put people over and who could have a renaissance then one guy I always felt should come back is Kennedy. Not to win titles or to be pushed per se but as someone who will put over the newer guys and add some face power to the roster. I think he'd be pretty motivated if he can get over the Orton hate... He wouldn't set the world on fire but he'd be a great Royal Rumble surprise who sticks around for a few months.

Goldust could turn again into Black Reigns and form a tag team with Roman Reigns (wearing Black Reigns-like makeup) when he is not injured anymore. It can be called Reigning Champions or something.

Joking aside, as already mentioned Matt Hardy could work, although personally I find him a bit of a charisma void (especially when compared with Jeff).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back