The Main Event Mafia

McMahon Crushed by the Stage

Chris Jericho punches HBK's Wife

The Honk-a-Meter

Jeff Hardy tries to win "The Big One"

Orton teaches Team Priceless some Respect

The Undefeated Vladimir Kozlov

Glam-a-Rella

I voted Randy Orton and team priceless, this may be huge bias on my part as Orton is at the moment my faverite wrestler. This angle though was the one that I found keeping my attention the most, when they were on screen I was intrigued to see what would happen next in the "Saga" and for a while it was the only thing appealing to me in the entire two hours of RAW, but I never quit watching so it must have been doing something right, the Ric Flair retirement angle would have been my second choice. I would have chosen that over the honk-a-meter any day, bizzare choice to make the final cut.

I voted Jeff Hardy And The Brass Ring, mainly because it started before Wrestlemania, and was only amplified by his suspension...

And, WWE let it go on and on until the last PPV of the year, basically what would have been Hardy's last chance, if he had lost, until the Rumble match.

Kane's Bag and McMahon getting crushed were horrible wastes of TV time, and Jericho punching Rebecca was (IMO) the low point of a great feud. The Honk-A-Meter would have gotten more consideration if they had let it run it's course and gotten a little closer to the record...

Kane's Bag: No. No no no no no. No. No.

The Main Event Mafia: Meh. Well, let's put it this way. Its good for TNA's standards, I guess haha.

McMahon Crushed by the Stage: This really didn't become a full angle. We never found out if anybody purposely rigged it or anything. It just sort of faded away over a 2 week period.

Chris Jericho punches HBK's Wife: The winner. Not because of him punching Jericho's wife, but rather the whole thing combined. The feud made logical progressions and kept building on top of the previous matches, as opposed to too many feuds that are just repetitive matches over and over with run-ins 24/7 and DQs before someone finally gets a pinfall and then its over, as someone else attacks the face and starts a new feud.

The Honk-a-Meter: Had a lot of laughs, but they killed it off prematurely I think.

Jeff Hardy tries to win "The Big One": Definitely the good angle, although I think it could've been better served by having him win the Royal Rumble and defeating Edge (or HHH) at WrestleMania. Having Jeff lose so many times to HHH really puts a damper on it, but in comparison to the other choices, this comes close to winning.

Orton teaches Team Priceless some Respect: So far, its interesting, but its just really starting to pick up some steam, so I can't judge it too much yet.

The Undefeated Vladimir Kozlov: I wanted it to end back when he challenged Festus. I've disliked Kozlov since the beginning, and having him spend most of his time just defeating Jimmy Wang Yang, Shannon Moore, and the like...nothing to be proud of.

Glam-a-Rella: Funny at times, annoying at other times, but really, not sure why it was even nominated to tell you the truth. Why have this but not Edge/Taker??

The Honk-a-Meter gets my vote here. The funniest thing on Raw this year. They may have killed it off a bit early, but meh. I think this is the best angle of the year, it provided the comic relief from feuds such as Michaels/Jericho. It was made even better with Santino Marella as the guy who started it. I don't think anyone else could've pulled it off as well as he did.

Both Jericho's and Hardy's angles were very good, but to me, Hardy's was a bit boring after a while since all he did was keep on losing cleanly. Jericho's I feel that the actual part of him punching Michael's wife was a bit of a low point in their feud, as with NightShiftLoser. None of the others really deserve to be up there, except for Randy Orton and Team Pricless, but that angle hasn't really developed into anything yet.

I voted Kane's bag. Why? Because it had me hooked more than any other angle of the year. Sure, the ending sucked...but it was far more riveting than any of the other choices.

Second place would go to the stage falling on Vince. Once again, had me more intrigued than anything else...because it led to a much bigger angle...the chaos on Raw angle. Vince still hasn't shown up on TV since, and it's the truth...we miss him.

Undoubtabley Jeff Hardy and the brass ring. Here you had everything. Drama, action, character development, great matches, just, everything, and a shocking, fantastic finish to end it all. Besides good vs Evil, the storyline that work best in wrestling, and in all manner of storytelling for that matter, is the underdog rising above adversity, to never stop fighting and come out on top in the end. And thats what we got here. Fantastic.

Jericho punching slag was amazing. Best thing I have ever seen on WWE programming. Turned me into a huge Jericho mark. It was completely shocking, no one would ever expect that to happen. Hitting a woman is still seen as one of the worst things a guy can do. I got red rep for having the picture in my signature here on the forum, so it shows just what a touchy subject it is. My mouth literally hung open when I saw it. Followed by laughter. But you get my point.

Jeff Hardy chasing the WWE Championship was definately the angle of the year. The whole HBK/Jericho feud was so overrated. That feud just consisted of repetitive promos on Raw every single week. I really didn't find it that special. It was good, but not great. But the Jeff Hardy angle had everything. It had good quality matches, it had awesome promos, it consisted of a little gimmick change and it had loads of emotion.

It really was the ultimate angle. It made you want to see Hardy win the title and it made you want to see Jeff beat the champion and it made you want to see Jeff succeed to finally accomplish his dream. The underdog story worked very well with Jeff Hardy, and it really got people talking which was the main purpose of the angle.

Jeff Hardy....You had the emotion factor with him coming ever so close to winning the title but never completing the deal....His character developed with his great promos as of late with the Joker-esque look and he had good matches with HHH...Nobody thought he would win it last night but it was a huge surprise and it would have been great if Matt came out and celebrated with him.

Kurt.

See what I did there? But seriously, I'll go with Becca and her awful film taste (gotta stop bringing that up) and say Jericho punching Michael's wife. The only other real contender is Hardy's title chase really, and that was prolonged and inconsistent. Props for winning me over as a Jeff Hardy fan though. Not a massive one, but a moderate one.

Jericho punching Michaels' wife was great for one reason and one reason only: violence against women. There needs to more men-on-women violence in professional wrestling. Next, have a gang of men attack a helpless woman and you can work your way up from there. One word: ratings. It was also quite interesting to watch, I guess. Compelling, you might say. 'Cos a girl got hit.

Hardy. Last night swung this from the Honk-a-meter to this for me. Until he won the title, the angle wasn't complete. Could they have stretched this further? Yes, but it was still mindblowing. One of the guys that is famous for his TLC matches is a world champion. No matter how long or short he holds the title for, just like Punk, he can say he's a former world champion for the rest of his career and no one can take that away from him. Just when you thought he wouldn't win it, he steals it from the ultimate opportunist. That was just great all around. Angle of the year easily.

Kane's Bag

Total rubbish. People got excited about it possibly being Kane's mask, it wasn't. Him & Rey had a feud, it was average. Not even worth mentioning.

The Main Event Mafia

TNA have done a terrible job of this. Not so much on the MEM side, but on the face side. Joe & Styles are the only real challengers. It's not like Rhino is going to be taken seriously. TNA aren't elevating anybody else in the Frontline, and is Sting a fully fledged heel yet?

McMahon Crushed by the Stage

What happend to that angle? It appears as though it'll be resolved around Mania time, maybe next year. But I won't hold me breath that it'll be any good.

Chris Jericho punches HBK's Wife

All well and good. But WWE had what should have been the blow off match at Unforgiven. HBK beats the shit out of Jericho, but an hour later Jericho is the World Heavyweight Champion. Not only that but Y2J wins the whole feud, poor booking towards the end.

The Honk-a-Meter

Amusing comedy angle, nothing more.

Orton teaches Team Priceless some Respect

Meh, it's ok. Cody Rhodes looks to be a star in the making. Manu is the least intimidating Samoan ever. I'd have to see how this pans out.

The Undefeated Vladimir Kozlov

If it's proved anything it's that Kozlov is shit.

Glam-a-Rella

Amusing comedy angle, nothing more.

Jeff Hardy tries to win "The Big One"

I guess it wins by default. Great in January, suspension, Smackdown mid carder, Triple H's personal job boy, champion. Although he made me want him as champion so I guess he did a great job. In spite of Triple H trying to make him look inferior. Shame the heel turn never came about.

I voted for Randy Orton and Team Priceless.. Or Legacy now, I guess. He's really elevating Cody Rhodes. Since involving themselves with Orton, Rhodes and Manu have been featured on Pay Per Views and have been main eventing RAW. Not to mention, Orton is absolutely a joy to watch as a 'leader'. Just last night on RAW, when he was telling them that they had to show him something or else their 'Legacy' was over.. That was awesome. I really saw Cody step up and try to impress. He's going to be a star. Even Manu showed me something in the ring. And when he instructed them to take out Cena and he went after Batista... Great moment. This angle really has me drawn in. I'm excited to see where it goes.

Hardy & the brass ring. This entire angle was amazing. It just showed how close Hardy was each time, and eventually he won the big one, unexpecedly and it was amazing. His half heel turn with the face paint was a random, but good twist. Sort of kept it all fresh. Easily wins. The length of the angle was well done too, could have kept on going but it was good enough.

Jericho knocking Rebecca unconscious wins this for me because it had the effect of lighting the touchpaper to a vicious feud that in essence has never really faded. It was this event that made HBK snap, made him destroy Y2J in a vicious battle. You'll remember that it was that night Jericho was crowned champion in an upset in the Scramble match and the feud that has spawned with Cena. Face it, without Rebecca Curci's pretty little face getting hit, that feud would have been so much less spectacular

Legacy
I think they did a good job hinting at this Stable for a while and pulled the trigger at a very good time. I think this stable has the potential to really elevate Orton to an even bigger star. And even more potentially, i think this could really elevate Cody Rhoades to a high upper level star/main eventer. So far they have shown they are for real with beating HHH and Batista and then with Orton taking out Batista. I think they will add one more member before long and i see them having the potential to get to an Evolution level. They def have stars to feud with in Cena, Batista, maybe Punk and Kingston.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back