Angelina Love is the new TNA Knockouts Champion

It's Damn Real!

The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
As was just seen on iMPACT! tonight, Love pinned Rayne in a one-on-one match to capture her fifth TNA Knockouts Title reign – a company record.

Please keep all relevant discussion about it here.

LMAO That's funny we have no idea what number reign she is on. Earl reversed the referee's decision but never mentioned whether the title victory was scratched from the "record books" or not.

Anyways, none of this matters since that title has lost all credibility this year. Just switching from person to person and how could we forget that awful awful lockbox challenge *shudder*. Congratulations Tara you won a spider! Love, you get the Knockouts championship! And to Daffney, a delicious sandwich!

Love is on her fifth reign for those of you who are confused on that her fourth reign still counts. So she is considered a five time champion and Rayne is considered a two time champion.

Actually I was suprised that Love won I thought that she would lose tonight considering that Rayne just won the title, but the same thing happened to Lita in almost all of her reigns keep it a month or two and drop it but she was always doing highflying moves Rayne isn't. I think that they need to stop switching the title so much I mean really your making you title lose credibility then again maybe they are trying to get Angelina to beat Trish's seven reigns which probley wouldn't even count considering its two different titles.

Congrats to her. But is this her fourth? because i know they said they could prove that the BP were the attacker. maybe she can join fortune lol. I like Madison but im kinda glad she lost it.

As soon as i saw the new ring attire i saw like "ok Angelina is getting the title". Hopefully it is a longer title reign then the past few. I must say i didnt really have a problem with Madison holding the title. Her title run wasnt that bad...she ended two wrestlers careers and successfully defended at 2 pay per views. This current motorcycle chick storyline is the only bad thing to happen to madison but it is what it is.

I hope Angelina could actually have a meaningful reign.

I like Love being being the champ hopefully she can have some good feuds. Rayne had a decent reign with the belt. Love hopefully has a good regin and some good feuds

This is Angelina's fifth title reign as Knockouts champion. I'm glad she is champ, but I hope TNA stops playing hot potato with the knockouts title. How many times has the title changed hands over the past month? 2 or 3?

Hopefully TNA will get more knockouts to feud with Angelina besides the beautiful people.

Angelina is a 5 time KO champion. I just can't get excited about that and I actually like her. Hopefully they will just let her keep the belt for a while and try to give it some credibility again.

Madison's run as KO champion was decent though I admit I didn't enjoy it.

I would love to see Velvet get a run as KO champion some time in the future. Though I have a feeling it won't happen.

I don't really care. Which is sad because I'm in the minority of people who actually care wholeheartedly about women's wrestling, they've stretched this storyline out for entirely too long and it wasn't really all that interesting to begin with. Anyone with a decent memory knows who the woman in the biker's helmet is, every run in that has happened could be seen from a mile away, and the matches have been very underwhelming. I'm hoping they move on to another feud, but sadly I think it's going to keep going for another few weeks. Hopefully, TNA and Angelina Love and Madison Rayne will surprise me. I wouldn't really hold my breath, though.

I liked that they finally advanced this angle some. The KO division is starting to have intriguing storylines even if the wrestling is not quite what it was. I do think drawing out this Tara thing is dumb unless they are going to swerve and make it someone different later. It was obvious the first time she showed up and at this point the"mystery" is kind of a joke as the crowd was chanting Tara at her last night. If they had quickly revealed her it would have been interesting because of the "retired" angle. I am not sure if TNA has a large enough non-IWC fanbase to carry out something anti-climatic like this. I wonder if they would book a mask vs something that allows us to see a lot of velvet's skin match. Would draw both ratings and criticism. Rayne impressed me in her title run, especially on the mic. I am not as big of an Angelina fan as I once was but I do find this where do all the beautiful people stand story interesting.

I agree with Shattered Dreams. I think the story is much more interesting than the wrestling in the knockout division right now. I am actually interested in how it all plays out.

On a completely random tangent, does anyone know if Angelina Love lives around the Tampa area? I could swear I saw her at Target in my neighborhood a couple weeks ago.

I hope this Angelina title reign leads to her fueding with Sarita(with Sarita winning the title) because I will die if I have to see another Angelina/Tara fued. The knockouts title has traded hands to many times already between these two, it's time for Angelina to drop it to a fresh face and the newly turned heel Sarita is perfect

Madison imo has been a very good champion, she's was clearly the best wrestler in the beautiful people and shes proved that she deserved that title. I hope one day(not now) that she'll win the title again

As far as this Tara/motorcycle storyline goes, I think it's the most interesting thing she's done her whole TNA run and I've really enjoyed it, it's obvious her being revealed is coming soon

The Knockout title is pretty much meaningless at this point. It changes hands almost on a weekly basis, so I really don't see how anyone is expected to ultimately care about it. Well, weekly is somewhat of an exaggeration but not by much. For much of this year, TNA has treated the title as a prop and that's pretty much as I see it now.

The Knockout Division is utterly and completely stale right now. They need to bring in some new talent to add to it or go in a different direction with some of the women currently in it because there's just nothing going on. The matches are terrible and The Beautiful People have really lost their shine for me. They're still gorgeous, of course, but that's just not enough anymore.

I'm kind of torn on this. I'm glad there's a new Knockouts champion, because I felt Madison had been stale as the champion for quite some time. Although, I don't think Angelina will be the focus of the Knockouts division. I'm sure TNA will want to focus on the turmoil that surrounds The Beautiful People. It's been the main storyline in the Knockouts division for a while now, and all of the lose ends haven't been tied up yet. Angelina is probably going to go into Bound For Glory as the champ, and we'll have to wait to wait to see how things will unfold until then.

Rayne shouldve retained, shes way hotter than Love right now + she can carry a match better.

Eh. When she was champion last year, she had people to work with. I am not on that "they fired all the women who knew how to WRESTLE!" bandwagon. I meant there were characters for her to work with. She ran from Kong and sprayed deodorant on ODB.. Who the hell knows what Tara's character was besides "butt hurt", but Angelina made the most of it.

Maybe they will make Angelina interesting again (aka quit the "I am happy to be back!" thing) and use Daff or Rosie more.. Or better yet, Lacey! =D haha

Or maybe Kong will return soon. When she got released, it really seemed more like a knee jerk reaction to her professionalism.. or lack of.

I think it is good that the belt is on Love at this point. She is the best Knockout in the company and the only one who truly gives the belt any meaning right now. Kenny said it best, what needs to happen know is that the belt needs to stop being jumped from person to person and that hopefully Love will feud with someone other then the Beautiful People. If she can give the belt a lengthy run then maybe the KO title will get some of its prestige back and become worthwhile again.

Five times? Holy shit, she's starting to get near Edge territory when it comes to inflation. I remember when she won it I believe the second time and it was a big deal. Now, who gives a shit? At least she won after a pin, even if it was a shit match with interference.

I really could care less about Love at this point. She's not that good in the ring and isn't interesting in the slightest without the BP. I much preferred Rayne. At this point though, they may as well go a wrestling route in the Knockout's Divison and utilize the women that can actually wrestle, like Hamada, Sarita, and, uhh, some others as well.

Well, it seems pretty obvious to me that they're building toward a Love/Velvet reunion and then a feud with Madison + Mysterious Biker, with Lacey no doubt used as the "stuck in the middle" figure who has to pick a side. The problem they have now is that the only real "face" in the division is Taylor Wilde and she kinda sucks. They really should build up Hamada more in singles as she's easily the best wrestler and would get a reaction battling against the heels.

I don't really care who is champion, I just want more than two girls feuding over the belt. For over a month now it's been solely Angelina/Madison in the title picture. The singles title is getting to the point where it's almost as useless as the tag titles. At least get Velvet in there, and "the mysterious biker woman" aka Tara. Scrap the tag belts and throw Taylor Wilde and Hamada in there too, and you've got a solid group of girls in the singles division.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back