Could Kevin Owens wind up becoming Reigns Batista/Cena Diesel/Hart

• Yes, He will i'm calling it now

• No,Just Hell no

• Maybe, He has the It Factor but time will tell

• Naw, No offense to Owens but if anything it would be Bryan or Ambrose

Results are only viewable after voting.

That N Word

Actively evolving
We all know Roman is expected to be the next Face of WWE when he returns. But that hasn't stopped us from predicting other wise. The guy behind him is Ambrose but WWE doesn't appear to want him as the Top Babyface. I think because he may turn heel after Mania. But what if Kevin Owens is it.... I mean he has the style,charisma,in-ring ability,and mic ability to be the next guy. I mean he just was the face of ROH. The guy is well known and well beloved amongst fans and isn't necessarily a bad looking guy. So what do you think...

Kevin is a fantastic talent with an obvious love for the business, but he won't be the new Face of the Company. I can definitely see him filling a role similar to Mick Foley, though, which is not a bad thing at all.

Self admitted brawler, great on the mic, very agile, killer move set... has already dominated the indy circuit. I get where capnwillie is going with Mick Foley. He's going to be an underdog out of the gate with his belly/physique which he's never been ashamed of but will never be a Batista or Cena. I'm eager to see what happens, I see him being the face of NXT - but for a while so was Bo Dallas. Want to see him conquer NXT first.

I go with "IT factor but time will tell".

No way. Vince has always favored guys who put in the effort to get/stay in shape. Kevin has never cared to get into shape and I doubt that will change. As was stated above, I could see him in a Mick Foley role but never the face. He could easily fill a Bray Watt role as well. At best we'll see him as a temporary threat to the title some time in the future but even that will quickly fade as Vince will never get over his blubber.

Steen is pretty damn good. His body type will hold him back though just like Hero. WWE is gonna cripple his moveset so it should be interesting to see him wrestle a match. Top baby face? I dont think so. Great midcarder most likely.

Sometimes the "better" wrestlers are more effective in the shadows. Being the top guy is a lot of work and do Owens/Ambrose really need to be booked accordingly. I'm not sure. Indeed, Cena took a while to really find his style in the ring. Sure he had some great matches when he first started off (Shawn and Edge come to mind) but I don't think he really started to do it consistently until a few years ago. This may be because of opponent or simply feeling comfortable.

This isn't a Cena thread though. This is another "top guy" thread. The fascination is quite something but I don't think Owens has it. Firstly I don't think he has the, um, sex appeal that the WWE will want. Reigns does and that is great to play for certain demographics. He has power, he is agile, he is smash-mouth and potentially very entertaining. He will get you off your seat no matter what and do it in style (or that is the plan at least)

Owens is going to go through several transitions. He will be heel. He will be face. Owens, like Ambrose and Wyatt, will most likely be something different to begin with and that doesn't fit the criteria of being the ultimate babyface.

If you want to say Owens is going to be like Austin and revolutionise the business then I'm sort of lost for words because that's not happening. I'm happy with Owens and Ambrose being free. Like Orton and Punk to overhaul their character at any given point rather than tweaks for occasional promos.

I think he'll be up there but probably not the top guy.

I reckon that'll be Colin Cassady - close to 7ft (Vince will froth over that), has a unique style in the ring, and has 10/10 mic skills, delivering hilarious promos (Enzo's an 11/10 on the mic, though!).

Baron Corbin looks like he'll go far as well. A kickass gimmick, massive amount of presence, and an explosive finisher. He's more of the silent type, but then again 'Taker never really spoke a huge amount.

Roman Reigns is never going to be the face of WWE, would you get off his dick and quit believing everything you read.. Roman Reigns has always been a mid-carder and always will be.

I think Kevin Steen is great both in the ring and on the mic. I just can't see him being the top guy though. Hopefully when he debuts he'll move up the card, and hover around the top tier eventually. I can even see him winning a world title at some point, but he'll never be the face of the WWE. He does have the "It" factor, but Reigns has the looks.

Steen is better in the ring and on the mic, but his body type unfortunately will be a determent, especially with Vince. With HHH he will have more luck because HHH I think cares about the product itself, quality and presentation, not necessarily what the wrestlers look like.

Steen will get over with the fans the way that Bryan did. He looks just like the guy sitting beside you in the stands, or walking down the other side of the street. The best thing about Steen is he doesn't rely on his family genetics to et him by, or his looks. He does it with talent, so I'm really hoping that the rest of the fans see that and rally behind him.

Owens has passion. You can't teach that. More than anything, the fans need to believe in you. You could be shitty in the ring, you could be cheesy, you could stutter on the mic, you could be awkward in the spotlight, if you have a passion for what you do and love it, that translates. That passion is the difference between Daniel Bryan and Shelton Benjamin, John Cena and Chris Masters, etc.

I think Owens will be a success and right now the WWE has a ridiculous amount of young talent from a variety of abilities and the majority of them seem to have an incredible amount of love for the business.

And please, stop with the "WWE is going to cripple his move set" bullshit. Cool moves don't get you over. If they do, it's very short lived because it's just a cool spot. There's no deeper connection. Plus in the indies, you wrestle friday and saturday. In the WWE, you go Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday, and sometimes Sunday. You can't wrestle the same way or you'll die.

I have no doubt that Owens/Steen can crack it. From what I've seen and heard, he is a unique talent who is incredible inside the ring and can tell a story. He might not be ripped, but he overcomes that with his talent and passion. What he needs is an opportunity to show what he can do. I have no doubt that NXT will provide him that chance. However, how would he be handled on the main-roster? I'd rather have another Daniel Bryan instead of another Cesaro. He's hard working and I am very sure he can reach the top. However...

Face of the company? Why does he have to be face of the company? What he needs to be is an entertaining character and connection with fans and more importantly, Vince. The whole "face of the company" thing is overblown. You make money? You will reach the top. John Cena may be promoted as the face that can't be denied. But everyone else plays his part too. Let Owens play that part first.

He will do well. But at the end of the day, he will never have a moment where he stands in front of a crowd of 80,000 people holding the wwe championship at wrestlemania. It just won't happen.

I see him having a potential for a career in WWE not unlike Mick Foley... flirting with the top, having great matches.

I don't see Kevin Owens being the "face" of WWE so long as Vince McMahon is running things. He doesn't have the kind of look or image that Vince thinks that THE guy in the company is supposed to have. Vince likes for the "face" of WWE to have the look and physique of a superhero, he generally believes that a "true hero" should look a certain sort of way and that way is generally as a muscular Adonis. Given Vince's lifelong devotion to bodybuilding, it's no surprise that he feels a top guy should have a bodybuilder type of build. Owens is, generally, a somewhat chubby brawler. I'm not saying that as a bad thing and he has more to him than being a brawler, but it's a major component of who he is.

I might be wrong, it's just a feeling I've got, but I honestly believe that someone who doesn't have the sort of superhero type of image or look that Vince prefers would have more of an opportunity to rise to become the "face" of WWE if Triple H was in charge. I'm basing it mostly on how things are run in NXT and most of the brightest stars aren't stacked slabs of muscle.

What the hell. . MICK FOLEY?? C'mon guys is that what you said about Wyatt?? He's a husky guy:) with a creepy gimmick a lot like. .. mankind? He's charismatic like Foley but I think he's more like Austin than cactus Jack. .

No way. Vince has always favored guys who put in the effort to get/stay in shape. Kevin has never cared to get into shape and I doubt that will change. As was stated above, I could see him in a Mick Foley role but never the face. He could easily fill a Bray Watt role as well. At best we'll see him as a temporary threat to the title some time in the future but even that will quickly fade as Vince will never get over his blubber.

I know there were several reports a few months ago that explicitly stated Steen had lost weight and got in to better shape for the WWE. If you look at his hype videos, he' looks pretty good compared to when he was letting himself go. So to say that Kevin Steen doesn't care about getting in shape I think is asinine.

Will Kevin Owens be "The Face" of the WWE? I don't know. Only time will tell. But I think he will be more of a player, instead of "the guy". No doubt he can, and should be a major star. But a Cena like position as the face of the company, I'm not so sure.

Great debut of KO Kevin Owens.. feel a little better being 1 of 2 that said yes. . What makes someone great is timing. Facial expressions. . Movement. . And especially timing on when and how to get the ultimate crowd reaction by something they say or do!!! And this dude has that!! In spades!! Tons of talent in the locker rooms, which makes this exciting. Especially that they did what I was hoping.. PUSH THEM and you know who! Bryan Wyatt Reigns Rollins Neville Owens Ambrose Zain itami Balor Cesaro Rusev Ziggler Barrett.. wait how do you push all of them? Let them have rivalries Orton Rollins Let them face each other.. make new rivalries Cesaro Cena.. keep others going. . Reigns Rollins Ambrose Bryan Wyatt. .and start new ones Bryan Cesaro BnB Reigns Ziggler Neville itami Rollins and maybe Balor Barrett at Summerslam in London.. Sheamus Orton Cena Usos Rhodes Bros. Henry Show Kane are all main stays that it doesn't matter if they win or lose by now. . Now when they do lose fans of theirs for years will be devistated.. move guys up quickly!! These guys have all put in their time over seas or in the indies. yes some have to work on some things, but not this group. . owens zain owens itami owens bryan owens reigns.. Rollins Ziggler Rollins Bryan Rollins Itami Rollins zain Rollins Balor. . Ambrose Cesaro Cesaro Zain Barrett cesaro Wyatt cesaro Ziggler Itami. . Endless..the possibilities are ENDLESS. I would love to see any of those.. who will play heel who will get cheered. . This should be fun. .

this isnt a possible "fact" at all, poor choice of words. Owens/Steen will be in NXT for 6-9 months, debut probably around Summerslam next year and be a mid card guy at best. Sure HHH is big on him, but Sheamus was his boy and hes in limbo now HHH has his toy(NXT) to play with.

HHH is big on him for a reason, the guy is awesome. Not the kind of body builder type that Vince likes, but we've seen enough of them to last a lifetime.

Owens didn't say two words last night and didn't have too, his facial expressions, the way he carries himself, you can tell he's a badass. Roman Reigns should really take some lessons from this guy.

Owens will spend some time in NXT learning the WWE way, although he already has been trained that way and I'm hoping he makes one hell of a splash on the main roster when called up. He will never be the top guy, face or heel, but he'll give them a run for their money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back