Alicia Fox's second #1 contendership

Motor City Jeezy

A self-proclaimed Kenny Omega mark
Today on RAW, we watched Alicia Fox win her second #1 contendership for gold. How do you guys feel about that?

Naturally I can't do this without giving my own opinion. Which is... I had a complete jaw-to-floor WTF moment when she won. The Mickie James/Alicia Fox match at Hell in a Cell was sloppy at best. Fox's matches have been unimpressive, and I've read articles about how WWE was slow on pushing her fully after she won her first battle royal because of her shotty ring work.

Eventually we're going to see Melina/Alicia Fox in a ring. How will it end?

Brilliant move. Well maybe not brilliant, but I am super happy about this. I'm a huge AFox mark and believe she has the basic skills and ring presence to be a decent champion someday. If Maryse & Candice can get title shots and wins, with their below par ring skills, can't see why Alicia can't.

Her feud with Mickie was cut short just when she was gaining some steam. Her matches with Mickie were mediocre at best but the blame can't be all on Alicia(since Mickie was having terrible matches with Maryse & Gail too at the time).

People are always complaining about the WWE not making new stars, and than when they are trying to do that in the women's division, people complain. Yes, Alicia isn't as good as Gail & Jillian, but it's obvious the WWE doesn't want to push them, so Alicia is the next viable and realistic option(seeing how Kelly Kelly is pretty bad, Bellas suck, and while Eve's decent, she's a face and needs more time on Raw).

Alicia & Melina had pretty good chemistry on Smackdown(better than Mickie/Alicia or Jillian/Melina's chemistry) and hopefully they bring the best out of each other, not to mention Alicia is a very good seller and hopefully they can put on a decent feud. Most fans won't care regardless, and seeing how Maryse will be returning soon, this will just be another hold over feud anyways.

I say this is a good step at trying to establish Alicia as a true contender in the fans eyes, while giving her opportunity to shine on a large scale. When McCool, Maryse, Candice, Trish, and others first started nobody took them serious, but with time, character development all ended up being decent and stars, so I don't know why people would dismiss Alicia already so early in her WWE career. Give her time to develope, time to make mistakes and grow.

And again, if it wasn't Alicia it would have been Kelly, or Eve, so don't be made because the WWE and Vince don't want to push Kim/Hall.

Right now, who is the most credible heel, who has the best wrestling ability, whos is currently active on the roster and is believable in gaining a title shot? The answer to this question seems to be Alicia Fox.

She has been streamlined from ECW, the training grounds, to the RAW Locker Room, the flagship brand, in a matter of months. Management seems to have high hopes for the girl and believe she is the best to be fed to the champion Melina right now. She understands how to play the heel role and have some sort of psychology in playing the part as well, so going against an uberface (if the diva's division has them) like Melina will only do good things. For the times when she has to beat the living crap out of Melina, she will be able to perform well as Melina is a proven wrestler. When it comes time for the face offense from Melina, Fox is known to sell very well and make her opponents look credible. Remember the time she took the MickieDDT and made it look like she just got her neck, back and skull broken?

I am not bothered by Fox with her second number one contendership spot. She is a good choice to act as the first credible opponent in Melina's reign as champion. She can then move on to others like Maryse and possibly Jillian Hall on an episode of RAW as her credibility does not constitute a PPV appearance. It's like when Jerishow defeated Cryme Tyme as their first defense. Out of all possible contenders, they are a very good first opponent to go over... its like this with Alicia Fox/Melina.

It really IS a shame that, for whatever their reasons, WWE is not incredibly interested at this point in pushing Gail Kim. I think she's an incredible worker, beautiful and extremely credible. She's also the only woman on the roster to have won the TNA Knockouts belt, which is why I think, to some extent, she is being held back.

Anyway, Alicia Fox must be doing something right in the eyes of the WWE. For my tastes, she's a bit bland, but there have been worse come along. And, on her worst day, she could out work Kelly Kelly. I know she's one of the E's most popular Divas, but for God's sake, she just plain sucks!

Hopefully with a sustained push and time to develop, Alicia will gain credibility. Some superstars are born. Others are made. Here's to hoping Alicia falls into at least the latter category.

Honestly, no one cares about the Women's/Diva division anymore. None of them can do anything with the exception of a few of the Divas (Mickie, Gail, Melina, Nattie and Beth are probably the top ones) and Alicia Fox is NOT one of them. What is Paul Birchall and Katie Lea doing these days? Are they still jobbing in ECW to a bunch of kids? Bring up Paulie for Hornswoggle to beat up and push Katie Lea in the Woman's division on Raw. It seems that would be a better option than EVER giving Alicia Fox a championship.

Alicia is absolutely terrible. She can't work, she's not even close to being over. She won and the crowd was silent. You'd be better off pushing Jillian who at least gets a reaction.

If anyone should of won that match it should of been Kelly Kelly...she has been getting better n better over the months time to give someone new the belt! We all no kim aint getting nothing bc she left n went to TNA and came back and we all know what vince does to those tratiors. Hell wwe is waiting for the right time to bring back Maryse why not last night would of been a great time to do it and have her win the royal! idk wwe rly gets to me sometimes

This is more because there are no credible diva heel's on raw at the current time. While AFox may not be too great at the moment, I think there is some potential. This may be to just build up Melina as a credible champion, give her a challenger that she could 'feud' with and beat on a couple of occassions. I think this leads to the return of Maryse and the eventual feud between these two or to the heel turn of Gail Kim. The latter seems very plausible, as it just seems like this turn will be inevitable. She really has not done much since returning to the wwe, and a heel turn and feud with Melina would be good, especially as it would pit two credible workers against each other.

It was very obvious alicia was going to win,she was the only heel in match,jillian just got her push and alicia is the only heel after jillian so i guess WWE backed themselves into a corner

I think there just waiting for maryse

This all had me a bit confused. Alicia sucks, and should not have even had a chance...The only thing I can think of to justify it all, was that Gail Kim was supposed to win, and K2 fucked up the plans. They both even looked at each other with that "Oh snap" look on their faces.

Alicia will probably get another PPV match against Melina (please no), and look just as bad as she has every other time they've been in the ring. Melina v. Gail is the only thing RAW can do with that belt anymore...

Frankly its quite obvious what the wwe is trying to do here: push Alicia while waiting for the return of Maryse and then hand the tiltle to the latter. Then eventually this would lead to a feud with Gail Kim(who else on raw!). Gail Kim winning the title from Maryse; well we have to wait and see for ourselves

I wasn't surprised at all to be honest. When they showed all the divas in the ring, I noticed one thing... there's only one heel diva on the entire RAW roster.

As NSL pointed out, Gail and Kelly kinda had this "uh what?" look on their faces after she got tossed out. I think it's possible that Gail was supposed to win, but I think it might serve as turning Gail heel in the coming weeks.

I personally would be a fan of seeing Eve get in the title picture soon. Looks aside (in my opinion she is the hottest diva on the roster until Maryse gets back), Eve seems to have a good amount of talent and will only continue to get better. I'm not saying throw her in the title picture right now, but I wouldn't be surprised if she gains enough support to get a shot at the title in a couple of months.

But until then, we'll take our one heel diva and give her a shot at Melina's title until she can bring some other people over to the dark side on RAW.

Yeah I definitely noticed a WTF look on Gail Kim and Kelly Kelly's face in the Battle Royal. Me and my friend were sitting on the couch like um I don't think that was going to happen. Nice to see you make that observation NSL and JGlass. But then again it can be a build to a Gail Kim heel turn which I wouldn't be against one bit.

I understand let's push new stars but if Alicia Fox couldn't get the job done the first time around how's she going to do it the 2nd time. Then again everybody deserves a 2nd chance I suppose. I would have had Alicia Fox fued with Kelly Kelly or Eve to kind of build her back up while Gail Kim and Melina fued over the belt. Oh well we'll see how this goes. But seeing the battle royal last night the Raw roster could use a couple of diva heel turns. Why not turn one of the bellas as well.

Also anybody else notice that lately the WWE has been doing way too many Diva Battle Royals. I don't know it's something me and my buddy picked up on last night.

I guess the diva's battle royals are the only way WWE can showcase the talent to get #1 contenders. I really don't see the appeal with Alicia Fox, but again I guess I would rather have her win then Kelly Kelly or the Bella Twins. I just don't understand why they don't use Gail Kim. It can't be because she was in TNA, that is just ridiculous. She is probably the best worker there and she could have one hell of a feud with Melina if done right. They could turn Gail heel and they would sky rocket from there.

I just don't think the divas or WWE have a clue what they are doing when it comes to the diva division. As far as Fox being a legitimate competitor, I'll believe it when I see it.

Alicia Fox is horrible in the ring, horrible on the mic.......MY GOD! I get the whole "building future stars" stuff, but a contender to a title needs to be able to at least know the difference between a wristlock and wristwatch.

If you look at the 6 divas that were involved in the battle royal, I believe WWE made the right choice putting Alicia Fox over in the match. Not the best choice, but the right one. Having one of the Bella Twins win that battle royal would be doing nothing for Melina, the Divas Title, or either of the Bellas. Eve vs. Melina would be the wrong type of match over the title. Kelly Kelly still doesn't look championship-material to me, probably never will be. And WWE is intent on doing nothing with Gail Kim.

Alicia Fox is coming along in terms of ring ability and becoming #1 contender should help her get to the top. However, I don't think that Melina is the type to be able to elevate Fox to where she wants to be. Not like Trish and Lita were able to elevate Mickie, and how Mickie was able to elevate Melina, and how Candice helped elevate Beth Phoenix in the early stages of her push. I hope I am wrong.

With this being Alicia Fox's second shot at the Divas Championship, I hope that this will be better booked than the one she had with Mickie James. If Alicia Fox can find a way to succeed on Raw, over Smackdown, than she must be something really special! We will see exactly how WWE feels about her. But, I wish WWE would push Gail Kim.

Alicia Fox is a decent enough female wrestler, but don't think for 5 seconds that she will beat Melina, as she just isn't really good enough or attractive enough to cover it up. She is just a stop gap, until either Maryse comes back or what I am about to say happens.

The real interesting thing in that match was that Gail Kim looked hugely pissed off with Kelly Kelly. That suggests that the most protracted heel turn of all time is nearing completion, and that Kim will go on to feud with Melina for a significant period of time. Of course, if Maryse comes back before it has gone down, then Kim wil be on a beeline for obscurity.

I just don't understand why they don't use Gail Kim. It can't be because she was in TNA, that is just ridiculous. She is probably the best worker there and she could have one hell of a feud with Melina if done right.
I 100% believe that's the case. Nothing else makes any sense. And it's not like they just plain "don't use her" cause they technically do... but every time they use her they are basically slapping her across the face. In recent memory:

Gail gets put over by alicia fox for the #1 contendership
In a huge diva tag match she was the only one not wrestling... she was the referee
They didn't use her all night when Snoop Dog was hosting... but she did come out to dance in the background/shadows of hornswoggle
At the Bragging Rights PPV 3 on 3 diva match her team lost without her even getting tagged in to the match
She gets eliminated right away from the battle royal

I'm sure there's more... but I literally get frustrated every week at the way they handle Gail. I fully believe she has the most talent out of any other diva not to mention she's adorable. Would be a great champion and it's nothing less than a travesty that they are doing this. I would like her as a heel though.

First off I am no Alicia Fox fan, but the girl deserves a congrats. She has improved in the ring, not great, but she has improved. I still think Jillian Hall is way overshadowed when it comes to a good solid push! She is a great heel, who gets a GREAT reaction from the crowd, even if it is booing, and the woman can actually wrestle quite well. She has had some very nice moments, never shown on live tv. I think she is the strongest heel on Raw and should be thrown into that mix more. Also agree with Katie Lea coming over and Maryse returning. Last nite wouldve been perfect for a SURPRISE Maryse return. I think Fox is going to get the title this time. Just my opinion. Hope Gail and Jillian get some more shine time. Go Ladies!!!!

I want Alicia Fox as far away from the title as possible. I'd rather see Kelly Kelly get the title. No offense to Ms. Kelly, but I just don't want Alicia Fox to touch the title. At least not this early in her career. I agree with a lot of people on this thread who have said that they should have brought Katie Lea to RAW, and push her towards the title. As far as championship contenders go, I see the RAW list as follows: obviously Melina and Maryse, Jillian (with a different gimmick), Gail Kim, and Eve and Kelly Kelly (with more in ring training). I think I see Eve being a bigger start (with more of a push and more in ring time) than Alicia Fox is. I'd also rather see them bring any combination of AJ Lee, Liviana, Mia Mancini, and Penny Cash from FCW, and give them a change to shine on RAW as oppose to another Alicia Fox push.

Alicia is benefiting from the lack of heel divas on Raw. Her only competition is Jillian, a total jobber, so she'll keep getting title shots as long as the Diva's champ is a face.

If they planned for this to happen, they should've spent time building her up because she hasn't done ANYTHING since, well, her last title match. She's still garbage in the ring and has zero personality, though the same could be said about 95% of the divas. Hell, Kelly Kelly and Eve have impressed me much more than Alicia has.What frustrates me more is that, once again, Gail Kim is kicked to the curb; she was even eliminated first, for god's sake :disappointed:

All I can say is that Melina better win that match.

The unfortunate thing about the Divas/Women's division is that it's been made apparent over time that in-ring skills are not really what's important to WWE. Whereas TNA provides a great combination of in-ring and mic skills for their Knockouts, not to mention incredibly beautiful wrestlers, WWE only cares that the women look like Playboy Playmates.

Ironically, in my opinion, Alicia Fox even falls short in that category! No, she's not ugly by any stretch of the imagination, but she's far from the hottest woman on the roster. So it only adds insult to injury that she not only lacks the wrestling skills and promo ability to earn her current push but also the bare minimum in the looks department as well.

It would be great to see Katie Lea come from ECW and interject herself in the scene. She's an established heel in the "WWE Universe," and gorgeous, so she'd be a great contender. If, as everyone is speculating, Gail Kim is on the move toward a heel turn, that would be great as well.

Gail is both beautiful and incredibly talented in the ring. As things stand with her, WWE is really missing the boat!

I mark out for Kelly Kelly every single time, so I expected her to win. Didn't pick up on the "oh shit" look when Kim got tossed out, though.

WWE would've been better off keeping Alicia with McCool for at least a little while longer. McCool probably could've built her up a bit more than she has.

I personally see Alicia Fox as the next big diva. Rosa Mendes and Alicia Fox came around the same time, but Alicia has made much more progress. But I do think that she needs some mic time before she wins the title. I think that she does have sort of a personality, but some mic time would give her an ace in the hole

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back