AJ Styles or John Morrison?Who is better

finkd

Dark Match Jobber
AJ Styles
In my Opinion, AJ Styles is better. He's more aerial, faster and way more amazing to watch. Plus he has a more wide
variety of movesets in TNA. Thus meaning he has way more freedom to do all of his moves. AJ is truly phenomenal, and is the face of TNA! His in ring skills, and high flying ability are second to none, he's not only a highflyer but he's also a good technician in the ring as well. He's a legend in the making, as
if he isn't at the moment. I'm not saying Morrison isn't good, but he's not at the level
Styles is at.Also does Morrison do AJ's Spiral Tap.

There is no contest, AJ STYLES! JoMo is very athletic and has a great look, but AJ is just the complete package. How could you ever compare these two if you believe JoMo isn't at AJ's level. Only Zack's Dad would disagree that AJ is better.

Jomo by a mile. Aj might be a better wrestler but has no personality, look or star quality to separate him from the rest.

Put both Aj and Jomo action figures on a shelf, Jomo will undoubtedly get more attention.

What's with the weird formatting of your posts? I mean I'm glad they're wider than they used to be but it's odd.

AJ wins this at a canter for the simple reason he is more valuable to the company that he wrestles for. Having been with TNA since it started and working his way up to becoming one of the main faces of the company, he's endeared himself to the fans in a much more personal sense than JoMo has to WWE fans.

AJ was one of the main beneficiaries of Flair's move to TNA as his microphone skills have improved although still need work and I think some of that is down to growing in confidence and feeling comfortable. For some people it comes naturally and others get there by working on it, and AJ falls into the latter. I read a rumour when JoMo was on the shelf that he would be taking lessons to improve his mic skills so he may still improve but at the moment AJ is ahead of him.

Morrison has his flippy persona which I don't honestly mind but to move forward he has to do more than just bound off walls in the back instead of doing promos. Having said that, if he can get across the story of a feud via interpretive dancing then I would be impressed if a little disturbed!

AJ, but I hope Morrison can improve as he has a charm about him.

Aj styles and it isn't even close. Not only is Aj Styles a better high flyer, he's a MUCH better technical wrestler. He can go an entire match chain wrestling (daniels at destination x), which is something I've never seen from JoMo. JoMo always kind of seemed like a spot monkey to me.

AJ has no personality? The interview with John Morrison had with Arda showed him to be so god damn bland. I'll give it to him that he does a good promo, but AJ is phenomenal.
AJ can cut a good promo, and his in ring work is second-to none, he is so smooth and everything he does is astounding. AJ is a world champion, JoMo isn't. John Morrison does some cool shit in the ring, but I think his move set is pretty narrow, he doesn't show that much variety.
The only reason Morrison is more marketable is because he is in WWE, put Styles in his position, and I can guarantee you he would get 'more attention'

AJ has no personality? What have you been watching?

It's AJ, no contest. Now, I like Morrison and I see him as more than just a guy who does flips but AJ outperforms him on every level. He can fly and he can wrestle and he's a decent talker. JoMo is bland on the mic, that's his biggest problem. Look at some of AJ's promos since joining Fortune. He is one of the best and you can't compare him to someone like JoMo

AJ Styles by a landslide. AJ has better technical skills, mic skills, and a overall gimmick. This isn't even close how much better AJ is

For Tna fans its Aj. For WWE fans its John Morrison. For world wide audience its John Morrison. Seeing that there are more WWE fans and most of them don't know what Tna is. Its John Morrison.

Stop using "see what Aj has done for Tna", "he hasn't done shit. Ratings are same, he is the same, his matches are same.

They used this fortune crap to get him over. Not sure it has worked on him or the other 3.

Aj styles is very good wrestler but in a mediocre company. He has wrestled everyone in Tna and doesn't really have anything left to do there.

He should do a Kurt Angle, leave the former company and go look for competition in the big E where he will finally get the status he deserves and we will find out wether he really is good or not.

AJ vs JoMo has been a dream match of mine for a while, and honestly I think it is hard to really say who is better. TNA allows you to use a much bigger moveset, and since Morrison has always been in the WWE system we dont really know for sure all the moves he is capable of doing. If I had to pick, its probably AJ on the basis of we know for sure what he can do

This is apples and oranges. You cant compare AJ and JoMo. Now AJ and...oh lets say Evan Bourne, he is in the same category. JoMo isn't a high flyer, he's just athletic.

For Tna fans its Aj. For WWE fans its John Morrison. For world wide audience its John Morrison. Seeing that there are more WWE fans and most of them don't know what Tna is. Its John Morrison.

Stop using "see what Aj has done for Tna", "he hasn't done shit. Ratings are same, he is the same, his matches are same.

They used this fortune crap to get him over. Not sure it has worked on him or the other 3.

Aj styles is very good wrestler but in a mediocre company. He has wrestled everyone in Tna and doesn't really have anything left to do there.

He should do a Kurt Angle, leave the former company and go look for competition in the big E where he will finally get the status he deserves and we will find out wether he really is good or not.

What company a performer is in has no effect on the performer himself. This is a comparison of A.J. styles and John Morrison, not WWE vs TNA. We are comparing them as performers (ring skills and mic skills) and A.J. Styles is clearly superior. Most people can take their mark glasses off long enough to recognize this.

It depends how someone views a wrestler as being "better" really. Morrison has more exposure, no question whatsoever, but so does Santino so that argument doesn't really fly if we're using ratings of the associated program to determine who is better.

In-ring, AJ has a wider set of moves and executes them all fairly well. In his early days he was a constant high-flyer but now he seems to only call upon that stuff if he needs to. JoMo seems notorious on these boards for his botching of Starship Pain though which makes him a slightly more dangerous worker.

So JTG is better than AJ Styles as well. I mean, you said there are more WWE fans. That must be true.

What has Morrison done for WWE? Go ahead, I'm all ears.

Morrison wasn't even the most over person when he was a part of two tag teams.

Morrison is a mediocre wrestler in an above average company. WWE doesn't strike gold every day.

I don't need a wrestler to go to the WWE to validate whether he's good or not.

Sting's never worked for the E but do I know how great he is? Absolutely.

One of the easiest questions to answer ever. AJ shits all over Morrison in all facets of the wrestling business and this is coming from somewhat of a TNA hater. Mic, high flying, psychology, story telling, wrestling. AJ over Morrison in any of those and more.

Its AJ all the way, promo's, move set, in ring story telling its not even close. The fact that Morrison use on of AJ's moves as his finisher and seems incapable of excuting it correctly on a regular basis end the argument there and then.
I do however wish TNA would realise what a potential home grown star they had and use AJ a bit better. He's been stranded in the mid card for far too long imo

It's AJ Styles, obviously. Morrison is an excellent gymnast with an impressive physique, but when it comes to actually being able to wrestle, AJ blows him out of the water, and in terms of mic skills and charisma, although AJ isn't exactly great, he is significantly superior to Morrison.

For me it's AJ, I think he's a better wrestler, he's better on the mic and he has more charisma although neither men are very charismatic. But I prefer Morrison because I've followed him all of his WWE career.

I will agree with the majority here and say Styles is better. I am a Morrison mark but even I can admit that Styles is the beter of the two because he is better in the ring as well as on the mic and he has accomplished more. Even if it was for TNA, Styles has held world titles and been the top guy of a federation. Morrison will eventually be a world champion but I don't see him ever being the face of a federation and Styles is one of the faces of TNA. Always will be.

By far AJ Styles is better than JoMo. AJ's mic skills have been improving as well, mainly because he had Ric Flair as a teacher I'd say. And actually its his promo that he cut on Ric Flair earlier this year that has my favorite quote so far...yelling at Naitch "I'll shove my foot so far down your throat you'll be pissing my shoe laces." Classic. JoMo I just never feel like he has any passion in his promos. He's great athletically, but I just don't think he holds a candle to AJ in the ring or on the mic.

No question, AJ Styles. John Morrison is good at what he does, but AJ styles is an amazing in-ring worker and has done some AMAZING stuff in TNA, this shouldn't even be a comparison. Sure, they're somewhat similar stylistically, but they're at totally different junctures in their careers, there's no need for this comparison, no need at all.

Another thing about Styles is his connection with the crowd, while he's not great on the mic, he still connects with the fans, through his highflying style he provides some drama, Morrison leans more towards the "spot monkey" style. He doesn't always connect with the crowd through his moves.

NO QUESTION! AJ Styles is so much better than John Morrison. He's been around longer, is better at wrestling and I find him more fun to atch. If I'm the only one then I'll shut up

As for who is the better wrestler, I'd say AJ for sure. Morrison is extremely athletic and not to take anything away from his in ring abilities, but AJ is certainly the better flat out wrestler.

Character wise, I'm going with Morrison. In my mind, he works his rockstar-esque gimmick perfectly. His mic skills might not be completely on par, but he is entertaining nonetheless.

Regardless, both men are phenomenal athletes and performers. Definitely two of the best in the business today.

I've enjoyed almost any John Morrison match more than I've enjoyed any AJ Styles match. AJ Styles certainly is a more skilled and controlled worker, and has a lot more experience in the business than JoMo, but JoMo definitely has a more recognizable style in the ring.

However, AJ Styles can talk circles around JoMo on the mic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back